PDA

View Full Version : Who Wants Multiplayer in either Syndicate or the next AC game?

Assassin117205
12-23-2015, 10:53 PM
i don't know bout you fellas, but i would most certainly enjoy co-op or pvp multiplayer again in an update for syndicate or in the next assassins Creed, what ever it is.:cool:;):confused:

SixKeys
12-23-2015, 11:09 PM
I didn't care much for co-op, but I'm all for bringing back the PvP.

VernalBreak
12-23-2015, 11:50 PM
I feel like instead of having "eh,ugh, urgh" etc you should have listed all different types of co-op (eg couch, online missions, pvp etc). Have no fear tho I am gonna do a pole about that in like 30 secs so for now on this one i'll do YES.

EDIT: sorry I accidentaly did never again and YES both at the same time by accident. I wish I could edit my vote.:confused:

M.ellith.
12-24-2015, 09:31 AM
A bit too many options in this poll.

I'd like to see a return of good old PvP multilayer. Without revolutionary changes. I miss it so much. Voted yes, yeah and sure :)

D.I.D.
12-24-2015, 09:45 AM
I'd take some co-op, but I never liked the standard MP.

briangade
12-24-2015, 10:10 AM
I never played any of the muliplayer in any of the games,the only time I wished for multiplayer was PvP ship combat in Black Flag.

But a lot of people seems to enjoy it so yeah bring it back.

ImaginaryRuins
12-24-2015, 11:33 AM
If so, please co-op only, and no luck-based achievements tied to them.

m4r-k7
12-24-2015, 12:08 PM
The way they are pumping these games out I would prefer if they always just concentrate on the single player to be honest.

ShadoeKat
12-25-2015, 05:59 AM
Liked co-op... not interested in multiplayer PvP. Would like co-op like it was in Unity but the missions in the storyline but different than what could be played solo.

Jarek23
12-26-2015, 07:09 PM
Would really like it if they brought PvP back.

Actually, after having played every game I think Syndicate might be my last. BF was the last one I enjoyed, 3 was the last one I loved.

Unity was a chore, Syndicate is feeling the same...I need PvP to return, ambient music needs to return and/or they need to drastically change the setting, give us China or bring back the naval aspects.

Sorrosyss
12-26-2015, 08:30 PM
It needs to come back, and in a big fashion. They've indicated something is coming, so I hope they have taken the time to create a persistent space with a variety of co-op and competitive modes, with some decent long term prestige rewards for players to really work towards. Finally, this is the domain that we really need a proper character creator for. Making yourself into the AC Universe would be amazing.

Civona
12-26-2015, 10:57 PM
I want any form of multiplayer in the future to be completely asynchronous: NOTHING that involves the typical thing of more than two players having direct control over characters in the same space. It's kind of hard to articulate because we're so used to it, but I'm tried of the exact same thinking and mentality being used for multiplayer without even thinking of if it works for the game it's being used in. We're so used to multiplayer being either co-op or pvp that we don't even consider other kinds to be "real". And we don't even consider that maybe some types of games like AC arent suited to any type of co-op or multiplayer, simply because of how they're built.

Ubisoft has plenty of more traditional games that are super friendly to traditional multiplayer. AC should focus on what makes it unique, not try to find ways it can become more generic.

Jarek23
12-27-2015, 01:40 AM
AC should focus on what makes it unique, not try to find ways it can become more generic.

There was next to nothing generic about PvP in AC games. Find one game that you can compare even the slightest and I'll eat my words, but you won't because there are no games like it, and there were no games that it borrowed from other than basic fundamentals that are needed for online PvP.

crusader_prophet
12-27-2015, 02:28 AM
I would welcome both co-op and PvP for return...provided it is not a filler for single player, broken like Unity and boring.

VernalBreak
12-27-2015, 04:48 AM
I would welcome both co-op and PvP for return...provided it is not a filler for single player, broken like Unity and boring.

Unity was fantastic on multiplayer! Something like unity with possibly a few more options would be fantastic!

Kuiperdolin
12-27-2015, 12:11 PM
Pvp needs to come back.

I'm not sad they made a break though, this way I got to grind the rewards for the previous titles.

Witcher.AZ-LAWZ
12-27-2015, 07:49 PM
I am always up for good multiplayer as long it doesn't impact their single player. Maybe they could do it like Metal Gear Solid V, release single player game first and multiplayer later.

Sesheenku
12-28-2015, 02:44 AM
I still like Co-op so I'd like to keep that too.

SixKeys
12-28-2015, 05:34 AM
And we don't even consider that maybe some types of games like AC arent suited to any type of co-op or multiplayer, simply because of how they're built.

Ubisoft has plenty of more traditional games that are super friendly to traditional multiplayer. AC should focus on what makes it unique, not try to find ways it can become more generic.

I keep seeing this argument, but nobody ever justifies why they think AC doesn't lend itself to multiplayer. If anything, AC proved that it could make MP work in a way that totally makes sense in-universe, without negatively impacting the story. ACB's MP was supposed to be Abstergo training Templar agents so they could learn assassin techniques. Imagine if they took this idea and expanded it in the singleplayer. We got Otso Berg who was one of the trainees, but he barely impacts the story in any way. Imagine if Daniel Cross had been trained with these techniques, so he could have been a proper foil for Desmond. Hell, imagine (as I once did) that the penultimate ending to AC would be about a modern day assassin(s) going against a group of highly trained Templars, using the MP as this simulation for Abstergo's Animus. The MP offers more possibilities for the singleplayer story, not less. They just never used it to its full potential which is baffling to me. Even Unity which tried to sell co-op as an important part of the experience didn't tie it into the narrative in any meaningful way. Your co-op group was supposedly Arno's assassin friends, but it made no sense from a story perspective since Bishop kept talking to you in every mission, reminding you that this was all just a simulation and it never actually happened to Arno. Had they actually taken advantage of the full potential that co-op could lend to storytelling, it could have been amazing. How about picking a side between assassins and Templars and trying to beat the other team? How about having Arno work together with a bunch of Templars for some common goal (maybe Elise's pals)? I can think of so many possibile ways to merge singleplayer and multiplayer, and it's incredibly frustrating that both Ubisoft and the fans insist on keeping them as two entirely separate things.