PDA

View Full Version : Stick Dead Zone...

VorTechS
12-23-2015, 10:58 AM
Does anyone know if Wildlands uses a similar control/user input stack as R6, and will there be Dead Stick % control?

If so, can we allow this to be dropped down to 0%?

Also, if it is being implemented, on the options screen give an explanation of what this means to the player?

R6 is the first game I have ever had to change my controller options for, and the description of the dead stick zone percentage doesn't tell you anything about how the value changes what you are controlling.

Example:

Left stick: The lower the value, the less you have to push the stick before your character moves, the higher the value the more you have to push the stick before the character moves.

Right stick: the less you have to push the stick before your character/aim turns the higher the value the more you have to push the stick before the character/aim turns.

Or at least I think that's what it's doing. Even at the lowest R6 setting of 5%, I still seem to have to push the stick what seems a looooooooong way before there's any movement, which is very frustrating trying to get tiny adjustments on aiming!

VorTechS
12-23-2015, 03:24 PM
I'd like Wildlands to have every single controller parameter/variable available to the player. They wouldn't go too far wrong looking at the way music software gives a graphical user interface for gain and EQ settings to help "shape" the response you want.

If I have my deadzones set to 5 then my character will drift very slowly so I set to 10 (which is the default on R6). If you're having trouble with tiny movements is your ADS sensitivity set too high? I haven't worked out if there is a linear response from stick input or whether there is a power function (curve) being used, but I assume the latter. If not, why not, Ubi?

I do need to have another session trying to adjust the settings, I did up the sensitivity for some reason not that I can recall now why. I did also get drift initially on 5, but after a while I got used to it, although I may have since adjusted it up slightly.

The interface for adjustment really doesn't make much difference to me, but as my music interaction is with hardware controllers / mixers it's all either a knob or a slider anyway!

It would also be good to have the ability to see the real-time effect of adjustments with some sort of test panel.

UbiKeeba
12-28-2015, 04:00 PM
We haven't yet released any intel on specs or peripherals, however, I will forward your feedback on to the dev team so they know that this is something that you guys would like to see. :)