PDA

View Full Version : The Lost Tales of Axeoth: Unity, available February 2016

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
12-22-2015, 06:04 PM
Hello Heroes,

Several months have passed since the announcement of The Lost Tales of Axeoth, the great project of our Level Designer and Writer Julien Pirou wishing to bring back to life lost scripts from Heroes of Might and Magic IV.

Fully developed with the official map editor delivered with the game, the first campaign “Unity” will be available through a dedicated update to be released on February 2016.

Some context:
Unity, the first campaign of The Lost Tales, takes place after the Reckoning; the cataclysmic event that destroyed the world of Enroth, forcing countless survivors to cross mysterious portals into a brand new, unexplored world. The Reckoning not only threw civilization into chaos, but the study of magic as well. Many of the old spell libraries were destroyed before their contents could be saved. Many Wizards who attempted to gather the books took too much time and died. Untold centuries of knowledge was lost. An organized effort to collect and rewrite the lost spells from the memories of those magic users who survived is being met with a little resistance. Few sorcerers want to give up their precious spell books for such a cause, so the process is slow and painful. Too slow for Genevieve Seymour, who embarks on an odyssey through the Broken Isles to create a brand new philosophy of magic: the Theory of Unity.

For more information about this project do not hesitate to check out our previous article https://mmh7.ubi.com/en/blog/post/view/the-lost-tales-of-axeoth and the interview of Terry B. Ray, legendary storyteller of Heroes of Might and Magic IV https://mmh7.ubi.com/en/blog/post/view/lost-tales-q-a-with-terry-ray!

https://ubistatic-a.akamaihd.net/0004/prod/images/151222_Lost_Tales/Lost_Tales_Mini.jpg

We also want to use this opportunity to wish you all great end of year celebrations and are looking forward to coming back on January with more news and patches for the game.

Best,
The M&M team.

lotoreo1
12-25-2015, 10:17 PM
You see how nobody cares? Its been days, and not a single comment. Fix the game, then make extra content, not the other way around.
We all know, that the campaign will be buggy as hell, because it runs in Heroes VII....

So bring us some big patches that, just once, don't screw the game up, but actually make it better...

Fanatic_Prime
12-25-2015, 11:33 PM
You see how nobody cares? Its been days, and not a single comment. Fix the game, then make extra content, not the other way around.
We all know, that the campaign will be buggy as hell, because it runs in Heroes VII....

So bring us some big patches that, just once, don't screw the game up, but actually make it better...

Couldn't say it better myself :).

Ubisoft's response to a problem , pick one:

1) We know that the game isn't working work, but in 2 months, you will get a free campaign.

2) We pretend like the game is working, and we are rewarding everybody with a free campaign, because we are good people.

3) We didn't notice that the game is buggy as hell, here is some free stuff, ubisoft rules.

Wintermist
12-26-2015, 06:02 AM

Well, I care :D I want it. I just don't have anything to comment on it.

eidand
12-26-2015, 02:41 PM
me too, i want it but there's nothing to say other than thank you

Antalyan
12-27-2015, 05:07 PM
i want it too.

But AFTER the game is finished. Not sooner. And there are things like optimalization which have higher priority than Lost Tales .

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
12-28-2015, 01:03 PM
Hi antalyan, we have different teams working on different aspects. As explained in the article we will have more news in January.

Thanks

el_mirkea
12-29-2015, 10:27 PM
It's been quite a while since we got info about a patch (3 weeks to be exact, and probably at least 2 more until we get more info). I think it would have been nice if in the last update we got some basic info about what the team is/or will be focusing on next (AI, multilpayer, balancing, bugs etc)

romeck2010
12-31-2015, 11:46 AM
It's been quite a while since we got info about a patch (3 weeks to be exact, and probably at least 2 more until we get more info). I think it would have been nice if in the last update we got some basic info about what the team is/or will be focusing on next (AI, multilpayer, balancing, bugs etc)

The only thing that Ubi and its mods always says (and what is so annoying and mean to players waiting till that game is playable/enjoyable) that : "blah blah blah ... as some random mysterious other post says : "We always work on AI and balancing and cannot tell you whats exactly and when exactly or even estimated time it will be done" (though you pesants do not see our hard work becouse ... ) "

lotoreo1
01-05-2016, 09:50 AM
So, January it is...how about an update on the next patch? Will it fix multiplayer? (That was a good one, wasn't it :D )
Anyway, even though it will most likely only be false promises again, an update on the current status of the next patch would be appreciated.

Fireseed
01-08-2016, 04:57 PM
Any news? Tried to play the campaign with 1.5, lost several artefacts, and the AI do strange things. Doesn´t make fun...

Tiger_Zip
01-11-2016, 06:27 PM
Its nice to see that your giving us new content.
However we would like to see new content for us who dont play the campaign mode
and focus on Multiplayer mode.

I would greatly appreciate some new
Factions in the game,
New choosable upgradeable units. (like you made in Heroes 5. Core units had choosable upgrades)
items to toy with
Team based maps (+++Size)
and bugs fixes (for the simultaneous mode) / Multiplayer mode.

All this would make this Heroes the top 1 game!

(Some advices for the Heroes VII developers team)
If the issue for fixing this major bugs are time and money to hire more bugtracker/scripters/codes people.
Then just put in a "Pre order expansion now botton" on your homepage, Get alot more cash, Hire more developers and the game will basicly fix itself.
10 people or whatever you have now is not a big enough team.
You will only destroy the reputation by being to slow.

lotoreo1
01-15-2016, 02:28 PM
Well, no patch yet... so I guess this will be yet another weekend without playing multiplayer.... just great...
Any ETA when you will be able to fix it?

@Moshi: Grats on your promotion to moderator of the forum. Not sure if I like the new style, but hey... I am impressed that you guys can restructure a forum, after you could not fix a website in several years....

mulgash1
01-31-2016, 02:06 AM
OK listen to me! stop making single player garbage content with picture that talk...its ridiculous and i could write a better story myself do your ****ing job for 1 time in your life and make the multi player work!i brought the preorder edition at 80$ and when the beta came i understood i paid 10$ for the beta access...the multiplayer did not work! that was ok at the time but now? seriously? you guys raped that franchise in the ***... its a real shame that you have been chosen to develop that game

i did not play a single game since the release...do your ****ing job fix the multiplayer honor your ****ing contract it is the only game i ever had problem connecting to a game and i have been playing online game for 20 years

Szocik87
01-31-2016, 10:35 PM
I can't wait

The Lost Tales of Axeoth: Unity

Probably bring something fresh ;).

RobvD84
02-01-2016, 07:43 AM
I don't know... They haven't shown anything that could be interessting. In fact they haven't even shown any pictures. When they first announced this i thought (and hoped) that it would maybe look a bit like H4. But after i thought about it, i started to doubt if they could pull that off. Besides i got the feeling it's just going to be H7 with some story from H4. So in my eyes this will bring nothing new. And i am also wondering why this was never used in H4? (can't remember if they mentioned this)
Anyway i am not as excited as a was when they first announced this. But there might still be a chance that they could surprise us.

mErEnEfErEee
02-01-2016, 11:45 AM
This should be released in H4 or H5. What a waste.

Szocik87
02-01-2016, 06:35 PM
No, we need a good story right now.

RobvD84
02-02-2016, 08:54 AM
But for all we know these could be disgarded stories from H4, wich were bad. And besides H7 still sucks, so if this doesn't bring any changes at al, then why even try this?
I am not waiting for a new story, i am waiting for the game to change (ofcourse big chance this wont happen tho), so that it can become better. But then again, i think it's already too late to do anything at all. The damage has already been done.

Elamivuoul
02-02-2016, 11:40 PM
But for all we know these could be disgarded stories from H4, wich were bad. And besides H7 still sucks, so if this doesn't bring any changes at al, then why even try this?
I am not waiting for a new story, i am waiting for the game to change (ofcourse big chance this wont happen tho), so that it can become better. But then again, i think it's already too late to do anything at all. The damage has already been done.

Yes I agree!

Since from day one they had NO idea what they were making!
They had no enthusiasm towards the game itself!
And here is the result..... A game that fans hate.... A game that only has 30 something positive feedback on Steam...
A game that makes me regret of buying it! A game that is a disaster!
And the list goes on and on!

mErEnEfErEee
02-03-2016, 11:20 AM
No, we need a good story right now.

Strategy games are not about stories. Let them focus on the strategy part, especially tactical strategy, which is poor enough at this point, to my mind.

Sir_Magnetron
02-03-2016, 11:28 AM
Strategy games are not about stories. Let them focus on the strategy part, especially tactical strategy, which is poor enough at this point, to my mind.

This ^

Strategy 101 for Ubisoft and Limbic

- Have different creatures and give them abilities to work with
- Balance all the skills
- Have a balanced map
- Working multiplayer
- Statistic screen when ending a game + match points.
- Not so demanding on GPU

Now for story

- Cut scenes
- Interesting characters
- Good voice acting
- Good story

Now Heroes 7

- Slide show cinematic ( especially the opening scene that was a joke )
- Bad voice acting
- Boring characters
- No balance
- No working multiplayer
- High demanding game
- No stats
- Non working creature skills
- Tons of bugs

Nobody cares for new campaigns Ubisoft! Fix the core issues.. some people actually even paid 100$ for this.

GalaadleHaut
02-03-2016, 12:28 PM
some people actually even paid 100$ for this.

I will actually never understand this.

Antalyan
02-03-2016, 04:17 PM
I disagree with "Bad voice acting" and "Boring characters". I think the story and the things connected with it is probably the only thing it was worked on hard enough.

LunaticSD.HOMM
02-03-2016, 08:42 PM
I like the story...but then when you see those wonderful "movies" when not even the mouth moves....then you make....LOLOLOLOL
The rest i agree....i would go for the balancing first...and make sure the basic works, like spell damage calculation, which works so bad with academy...flanking damage calculation which works so bad with dungeon...both due to the special skills of the factions...but this is a matter of opinion of what should be the priority

GalaadleHaut
02-04-2016, 12:28 AM
but this is a matter of opinion of what should be the priority
I'd say it is somehow safe to assume the opinion of majority of a playerbase regarding a STRATEGY game will put priority on the STRATEGICAL aspect of said game lol

louisspawn
02-04-2016, 12:53 PM
I really don't care about the cutscenes and intros, it's nice if a game has a good one but it probably costs a lot of money that in this case should be invested somewhere else. Once the game is bug free I am happy discussing stuff like how mouths move in a video that I will likely skip every time after watching it once.

Is the random map generator easily accessible from in game? If not I would love to add that to the custom game menu points to allow us to create a world like we can in civilization or in an earlier heroes game.

Sir_Magnetron
02-04-2016, 01:10 PM
I really don't care about the cutscenes and intros, it's nice if a game has a good one but it probably costs a lot of money that in this case should be invested somewhere else. Once the game is bug free I am happy discussing stuff like how mouths move in a video that I will likely skip every time after watching it once.

Is the random map generator easily accessible from in game? If not I would love to add that to the custom game menu points to allow us to create a world like we can in civilization or in an earlier heroes game.

Here i don't agree with you. The intro and cutscenes give a game life. Did you see what they did with the 3-5 ( lost count) CGI trailers? They were high quality and awesome!

Why invest all that money in 3-5 hype trailers instead 1 or maybe a second as release trailer, and then have the game opening scene as a joke! This is pure money milking.

Game cutscenes > Game trailers everyday!

So Limbic guys? Why not respond on this? I know it sounds negative but this is feedback too. We want your statement, actually we demand it with all the wait we have to do for a playable game.

Sir_Magnetron
02-04-2016, 07:14 PM
Added: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2_ibQSI56U

Added this video to demonstrate my facts. This 2014 trailer was showing the council members in motion. In the game they were made like a joke. So Limbic? Why did you do this?

RobvD84
02-05-2016, 09:06 AM
You know. They could have avoided all this if they only used text with amazing atmospheric music and a amazing narrator a la H4 then the **** they have now. I think it would have saved them a lot of money too. No need to have utlra amazing graphics scenes. In fact i rather have a good game then having amazing ultra graphics. They even could have done it like Pillars of Eternity. Characters models and units in 3D, but everything else in 2D. Look how atmospheric PoE is! And how stunning the game looks! I never had this feeling with H6 AND H7. In my eyes they both ugly. I never liked the art style they used. And besides tbs/rpg's never had amazing ultra graphics, especially not the M&M franchise.

LunaticSD.HOMM
02-05-2016, 08:05 PM
I'd say it is somehow safe to assume the opinion of majority of a playerbase regarding a STRATEGY game will put priority on the STRATEGICAL aspect of said game lol

Good one :P but the problem is there are so many things to work and improve in the strategy aspect of this strategy game that im not even going to try to mention them all :P thats why i was talking about priority.....but then you have Antalyan post saying they have 50 team members :D lollolol well with a team like that they should be able to "attack" all priorities at the same time...........or not........

Sir_Magnetron
02-05-2016, 09:49 PM
Release date for XCOM 2.

Found a few bugs, and the game is not running optimal atm. But it is playable! And oh my, strategic! Go play XCOM 2 Ubisoft, maybe you learn a thing or two.

Lonek11
12-18-2016, 01:30 PM
Mam ogromny problem jak i gdzie naprawić teleport do maga bitewnego bo nie mogę przejść za żadne skarby :(