PDA

View Full Version : What happened to the realism?

XyZspineZyX
10-12-2003, 12:09 AM
I just wanted to say that I was unpleasantly surprised when playing the demo, noticing that my team mates and I were taking way to many hits. This is a Clancy title! R6! What happened to the realism? The in-game intensity isn't there when you know you and your team can take over 4 shots sometimes before dying. I find this to be very disappointing for a game that's supposed to be tactical and realistic. Hopefully they will include a health damage option or something in the final version... What a disappointment...

Message Edited on 10/11/0307:10PM by aks1

XyZspineZyX
10-12-2003, 12:09 AM
I just wanted to say that I was unpleasantly surprised when playing the demo, noticing that my team mates and I were taking way to many hits. This is a Clancy title! R6! What happened to the realism? The in-game intensity isn't there when you know you and your team can take over 4 shots sometimes before dying. I find this to be very disappointing for a game that's supposed to be tactical and realistic. Hopefully they will include a health damage option or something in the final version... What a disappointment...

Message Edited on 10/11/0307:10PM by aks1

XyZspineZyX
10-12-2003, 12:23 AM
it may be cos of high tech body armor/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

<center><b/>I have the fifth freedom... So watch out here I come.

http://home.earthlink.net/~wabaaj/Aj6627.jpg
<font color=ff0000>http://dmoz.org/Games/Video_Games/Shooter/Tom_Clancy_Games/Splinter_Cell/
Josh Horne a forum legend /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif j/k
<marquee width="500"><font color=0099FF>Lord of The Boards, Elite Ops, Third Echelon Operative, bold thinker, Over 2000 postings, Chatter, Thread Maven, Citizen of D'ni, Veteran, F-15 Pilot, Supervillan, Abgesandter der Maya (1500+) (more disbatched of the Maya), Echter IL-2 Fan , GR Hunting Club, Baron Noir, Egal à Sam, Numéro II, I am the LAW, Virus... (happened at 11:50AM EST on September/19/2003)/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif
<font color=ff0000>Respect List: NSAagent, S7N, WinsK, SKULLS, Sangsta, Troy(where ever he is), Usa320, Rohan.com,Bergeyman, NightCrawlerEvo, DCell, AgentXBOX, Martin Caya</marquee>
<center><a href=http://www.cbs.com/primetime/fall_preview_2003/shows/navy_cis.shtml target="_blank">
</a>
<font color="black"><font color=ff0000>
<center>MEMBER OF PITTBULLS MAFIOSO

XyZspineZyX
10-12-2003, 12:33 AM
after reading this I tried the demo on Elite and let the first Tango kill me.

On the first attempt I was stationary on the right side of the tunnel where the steam is venting out, thats about halfway down. The Tango spotted me then took up his usual position and fired on me. It took 30 shots to bring me down.... 30!!!!!!! poor guy had to reload about 8 times coz he had crap accuracy!

Then I ran straight at him and the second and third guy(RPG) run out. I took 7 shots at close range in about 5seconds to take me down. they didnt need to reload!

Then I ran up to them again and just did a merry dance round them while 2 of them fired on me and the third fired the RPG.. then he got his gun out aswell. I danced for a good minute while they fired and reloaded and fired. must've been about 15 shots.... they cant shoot for toffee /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

This is only a demo though and we shouldn't forget that nor that this is just a very distant relation to RavenShield. Just hope they sort it out for the final version coz that was on Elite. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

<center>http://free.inkfrog.com/pix/shaolin/r6.gif</center>

XyZspineZyX
10-12-2003, 12:35 AM
I'm sure that they wouldn't have the final version that rediculous./i/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

<font color=ff0000>http://dmoz.org/Games/Video_Games/Shooter/Tom_Clancy_Games/Splinter_Cell/
Josh Horne a forum legend /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif j/k
<marquee width="500"><font color=0099FF>Lord of The Boards, Elite Ops, Third Echelon Operative, bold thinker, Over 2000 postings, Chatter, Thread Maven, Citizen of D'ni, Veteran, F-15 Pilot, Supervillan, Abgesandter der Maya (1500+) (more disbatched of the Maya), Echter IL-2 Fan , GR Hunting Club, Baron Noir, Egal à Sam, Numéro II, I am the LAW, Virus... (happened at 11:50AM EST on September/19/2003)/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif
<font color=ff0000>Respect List: NSAagent, S7N, WinsK, SKULLS, Sangsta, Troy(where ever he is), Usa320, Rohan.com,Bergeyman, NightCrawlerEvo, DCell, AgentXBOX, Martin Caya</marquee>
<center><a href=http://www.cbs.com/primetime/fall_preview_2003/shows/navy_cis.shtml target="_blank">
</a>

XyZspineZyX
10-12-2003, 12:57 AM
hmm. I recall playing one time and getting to the hostage room with my team at nearly full health. I tried open/flash on the side door. As soon as the door opened, the terrorists opened up. I watched as my teammate that was in front went down almost immediately (losing all three-four energy slots at once). The teammate that was behind him went down about a second later. I thought this was very realistic.
Perhaps if you are in a very dark area (such as the sewers) the terrorists will have very poor aim. In the hostage room (where there was adequate lighting) the terrorists certainly didn't have any trouble dropping my teammates.

XyZspineZyX
10-12-2003, 01:00 AM
Good point.
well I just lead through the sewers and shoot anything that moves/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

</a>

XyZspineZyX
10-12-2003, 01:13 AM
Start the game on elite...turn on your teammate and cap him in the head.
One shot kill...enough said.

XyZspineZyX
10-12-2003, 01:27 AM
first of all, the demo as I have tested, seems to have problems with the AI being really really easy. Its nothing like that in retail, trust me.

XyZspineZyX
10-12-2003, 02:59 AM
how would you know ninja?

and for the 30 shots thing, walk up to a guy ... he'll rape u in 1 second.

and dont stand in the middle try to take some cover and they kill you easier.. guess thats how they think.

XyZspineZyX
10-12-2003, 06:44 AM
actually, I just tried walking up and standing in front of a terrorist too, and he's right. It's as if you become invinsible for a while after losing each life slot. You can't seem to lose more than one at a time, even if a guy unloads an entire clip on you at point blank range.
I'm guessing they did that for gameplay balance reasons. When you get hit by a guy with an automatic weapon, chances are that you are being hit by multiple bullets. If you lost a life slot for every bullet that hits you, you (and your teammates) would probably go down the first or second time an enemy ever gets a shot at you. This would basically make big firefights not work for this game. Innevitably (unless you have the level and terrorist placement memorized and are really good) a few terrorists are going to get the jump on you as you play through each level (try playing through the demo on elite without getting hit once). I think the current system works very well for game balance, though it certainly looks unrealistic when you try to get killed and it takes four clips for it to happen. There are issues like this in making any game. Just trust that Ubisoft has thought about this more than you have, tried lots of different things, and in the end done what works best.

XyZspineZyX
10-12-2003, 12:55 PM
I don't know anything about the AI code, but when I played the demo, Lone Wolf was a piece of cake on any difficulty level. Now in retail, I actually have trouble completing Lone Wolf on Veteran.

XyZspineZyX
10-14-2003, 05:45 PM
So you have retail right now? Anyway, thanks for your response. But I mean, is that to say that we will be able to take less hits (which we should, take less hits that is) in the retail version, or does that just say that the AI won't miss as much. I just don't like the idea of going around corners knowing that if you take a few shots you won't die. That detracts from the intensity in my opinion.

XyZspineZyX
10-15-2003, 11:34 PM
i also noticed that the corpses disapear after a few seconds does this happen in the full game...the disapearing corpses makes the game feel so arcadish.

also the weapons selection is miniscule compared to the pc version and why can't we custom them

I like the way the enemys are more human in a sense that they run for cover and spray paniac fire etc but they also have this robotic scriped set movement...are we playing halflife or raven shield?

whats the point of haveing a game when the enemys do EXACTLY the same thing EVERY time you see them!!!

XyZspineZyX
10-16-2003, 12:09 AM
how did u get the XBOX retail version?

<marquee width="500"><font color=0099FF>King of the Reply, Elite Ops, Third Echelon Operative, bold thinker, Over 2000 postings, Chatter, Thread Maven, Citizen of D'ni, Veteran, F-15 Pilot, Supervillan, Abgesandter der Maya (1500+) (more disbatched of the Maya), Echter IL-2 Fan , GR Hunting Club, Baron Noir, Egal à Sam, Numéro II, I am the LAW, Virus... (happened at 6:35PM EST on October/12/2003)/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif
</a>

XyZspineZyX
10-16-2003, 12:29 AM
what game has truly realistic a.i.?this game is all about the multi player imo.who cares about the enemy a.i. in single player.i look at the story as training for the real stuff,which is the multi-player and thats where this game should rule!

XyZspineZyX
10-16-2003, 12:45 AM
where do you get the retail version?

im big fan of the rain bow six games and i hope this one is as
good as the rest.

where do you get the retail version?

There is No Power Greater Than X
=========X-BOX RULES============

XyZspineZyX
10-16-2003, 03:18 AM
retail for the computer, but the computer is raven-shield, they say that the game has been reworked and may be a different experience playing it. as for bodies dissapearing i have yet to see that. in the shower area a man upstairs and to the right of the 2 downstairs doors i blow up everytime with a frag and go on with the game and maybe 45secs to a min later when i get up there he is still right there on the floor. so i think you need to recheck you dead enemies cuz mine don't dissapear.

XyZspineZyX
10-19-2003, 01:34 PM
the body you are thinking of is not a terrorist you idiot he is there fro decoration. .
that is what happens to the bodys after they DISAPEAR. ever wonder where all the corpses of the eight+ terrorists you kill in the shower room firefight go to...THEY DISAPEAR!

kill a tango and watch his corpse for a while. run around a corner and run back again.THEY DISPEAR

XyZspineZyX
10-19-2003, 02:31 PM
That b*tch-a** ***** MusicalNinja(confused with MagialNinja) said he had the retail version of the game. yeah right fool. You and Groupiezsuck are some dumba**es.

Just check out their thread called/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif ,then ya'll see how idiotic these guys are.

WE ARE NOT TALKING ABOUT THE Raven Shield game ON THE PC, b*tch, THIS FORUM IS ABOUT RAINBOW SIX 3: XBOX. GOT IT!?!

Anywayz, this punk MusicalNinja doesn't have the retail,
NO ONE DOES, yet. Even if he is referring to the Raven Shield only, well he shouldn't bring that sh*t into this forum or he'll get everyone else confused.

Thats like going to a sports bar to talk about the pro wrestling. THEY ARE DIFFERENT! you a**clown!!

Lastly, check out my thread on about this called:"He say he HAS the RETAIL version..." somewhere on pg. 2

XyZspineZyX
10-19-2003, 05:07 PM
actually i think some people do have the retail single player.

they got it from that event in france called continetal clash or something.