PDA

View Full Version : Drastic Drop In FPS During Gameply

bigejoe14
08-19-2004, 02:58 PM
I'm not sure what the problem is, but everytime there is too much stuff on screen my frames per second drop from 30 to literally just 1 frame per second. I'll be playing normally, then as soon as I turn the other direction it's just an immediate drop to 1 frame per second. I've done everything to the best of my knowledge but I don't know how to fix it.

My system specifications:
AMD Athlon XP 3200+
ATI Radeon 9800 Pro
512MB DDR RAM
KT600 DRAGON Ultra Motherboard

I thought about upgrading my RAM with another stick of 512 but I highly doubt that RAM is the problem. But if it is the problem please tell me otherwise. I am also up to date with the latest drivers for my motherboard and video card. I also thought that it might have been a driver problem but when I switched from the ATI 4.7 drivers to the Omega 4.7 drivers it still didn't make a difference.

Please help. I'd like to get this issue resolved as soon as possible because it's really starting to get on my nerves.

~Big Joe

bigejoe14
08-19-2004, 02:58 PM
I'm not sure what the problem is, but everytime there is too much stuff on screen my frames per second drop from 30 to literally just 1 frame per second. I'll be playing normally, then as soon as I turn the other direction it's just an immediate drop to 1 frame per second. I've done everything to the best of my knowledge but I don't know how to fix it.

My system specifications:
AMD Athlon XP 3200+
ATI Radeon 9800 Pro
512MB DDR RAM
KT600 DRAGON Ultra Motherboard

I thought about upgrading my RAM with another stick of 512 but I highly doubt that RAM is the problem. But if it is the problem please tell me otherwise. I am also up to date with the latest drivers for my motherboard and video card. I also thought that it might have been a driver problem but when I switched from the ATI 4.7 drivers to the Omega 4.7 drivers it still didn't make a difference.

Please help. I'd like to get this issue resolved as soon as possible because it's really starting to get on my nerves.

~Big Joe