PDA

View Full Version : Dealing with Shield Operators and Tips for running a Shield. Suggestions?

COCOBEEZUS
12-17-2015, 08:09 PM
When I'm playing as a shield operator I seem to die so quick (I'm usually crouched) but when I play against other shield enemies they seem to be able to take anything I throw at them (besides C4) and eventually take me out. Any suggestions?

RSQ_kraekinn
12-18-2015, 01:36 PM
I sent you private message check it out :)

Dev909
12-20-2015, 03:54 AM
I sent you private message check it out :)

I would also like to know. Forums are for public use, so just post it in a thread instead of messaging. It will be easier on everyone.

Krotanix
12-20-2015, 12:50 PM
Up because interesting question.

spuukie
12-20-2015, 01:15 PM
there are a lot of situations where there is no possible outplay against shielders, often if you go in alone or are turned slightly to the side they can flank and shoot you. even crouched you can barely shoot the feet, but you can run to the left and shoot the slivers of arm that are showing when they're not completely squared up against you.

TheNoobZMaster
12-21-2015, 12:08 PM
When I'm playing as a shield operator I seem to die so quick (I'm usually crouched) but when I play against other shield enemies they seem to be able to take anything I throw at them (besides C4) and eventually take me out. Any suggestions?

Against the shield:

1) stay behind cover and don't let him aim down the sights. Pin him down. Use the ping to indicate his position (for your teammates to flank).
2) use explosives and coordinate a flank with your teammate
3) if you're 1v1 against a shield, try to bait him to aim down, then do one tap to the head. I usually just keep spraying because ADS is OP.

Playing as a shield:

1) look directly the opponent in the eyes
2) be aware of enemies' explosives and other gadgets
3) use your gun's laser sight to center on the head, then, once they stopped firing, ADS and tap three times

This way the firefight goes fair and the winner will be whoever was more clever, accurate, and fast.

Bronystony64
12-21-2015, 05:15 PM
Playing shield is one of the most fun parts of the game for me. Everything TheNoobZMaster said is very accurate; it's exactly what i'm thinking during a gunfight. One thing that I notice alot of players do is actually overusing the shield and relying on it. It is your strongest asset to be sure, but even stronger is your mind. Alot of players will go into the open using the shield as cover, which is perfectly acceptable in the right situation, e.g. if you are breaching with teammates and they can cover your back as well as providing accurate and powerful fire to suppress the enemy. However, using the shield as a crutch can lead to some silly deaths because you were flanked by a roaming defender. Always keep in mind that you can still use cover normally and use it liberally, especially strong vertical cover such as a doorway. You can have the advantage by peeking the doorway, because the shield will still protect most of your body from the side you are peeking, as well as protecting you from the lucky stray bullets that penetrate the wall beside you. In general, I have had the best luck hugging walls and cover like it's my job, and almost never hip firing on account of how inaccurate it is. Lastly, always keep ammo conservation in mind. I've been in really clutch situations and all of a sudden my gun goes *click* and 9/10 times you won't win that fight. Then again, flashing and bashing with blitz is a pretty fun strategy. ;)

RSQ_kraekinn
12-21-2015, 10:48 PM
I will have Blitz tutorial up this week. Been working to get the footage for past week. After that i've been planning for Montagne tutorial. So please if you're interested and wanna see some guide videos in the future subscribe to my YT channel and support your starter youtuber ! You can go to my YT channel from this link kraekinn (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClI1jZAiaozNbmsvaasDz1w) or clicking it from my signature. Thank you !:cool:

RSQ_kraekinn
12-21-2015, 10:50 PM
Against the shield:

1) stay behind cover and don't let him aim down the sights. Pin him down. Use the ping to indicate his position (for your teammates to flank).
2) use explosives and coordinate a flank with your teammate
3) if you're 1v1 against a shield, try to bait him to aim down, then do one tap to the head. I usually just keep spraying because ADS is OP.

Playing as a shield:

1) look directly the opponent in the eyes
2) be aware of enemies' explosives and other gadgets
3) use your gun's laser sight to center on the head, then, once they stopped firing, ADS and tap three times

This way the firefight goes fair and the winner will be whoever was more clever, accurate, and fast.

Yea this is pretty straight forward overall shield guide. But i will be uploading a video tutorial in YT this week with a bit more detailed guide in the secrets of "shielding" :) So please check it out later on !

COCOBEEZUS
01-01-2016, 10:13 PM
Thank you all for your tips, I've been trying them all out and must say that I'm having a blast as blitz and montagne now. I still run into issues here and there taking out a shield enemy but nowhere near as frustrated with it. Thank you.