PDA

View Full Version : Need help with Dynamic Campaign Generator

Redshift1
05-27-2004, 12:58 AM
I have downloaded and unzipped the new, AEP compatible 3rd part DCG (apologies, but I forget the name of the developer of this application).

At Start up, it asks me for the paths to the DCG executable as well as the IL2FB executable, both of which I duly provide. However, when I hit "Generate Campaign" I get an error box with DCG written in the top margin and "File not Found" in the box. It doesnt help if I then again point to the paths of the two executables by using the File menu. I get the same error repeatedly.

At one point I thought I should delete DCG and copy it again to my hard drive but XP doesnt allow me to do that even- says that another program is using some of the DCG files I'm trying to delete whereas there is no other program running at the time.

Has anuone had the same or similar problems? ANyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks
Redshift

Redshift1
05-27-2004, 12:58 AM
I have downloaded and unzipped the new, AEP compatible 3rd part DCG (apologies, but I forget the name of the developer of this application).

At Start up, it asks me for the paths to the DCG executable as well as the IL2FB executable, both of which I duly provide. However, when I hit "Generate Campaign" I get an error box with DCG written in the top margin and "File not Found" in the box. It doesnt help if I then again point to the paths of the two executables by using the File menu. I get the same error repeatedly.

At one point I thought I should delete DCG and copy it again to my hard drive but XP doesnt allow me to do that even- says that another program is using some of the DCG files I'm trying to delete whereas there is no other program running at the time.

Has anuone had the same or similar problems? ANyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks
Redshift

Redshift1
05-27-2004, 05:25 AM
- justa little bump to prevent it from falling off the page -

Anyone??

the_soupdragon
05-27-2004, 05:35 AM
Hey mate.
I haven't got or heard of that problem in SCG before. But go to http://www.lowengrin.com and post in the forums and you will get all the help you need http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
Also you didn't say what type of campaign you were trying to generate? If it was an RAF or US campaign you NEED to install extreme_ones and Poymando's BoB and Real Deal in order for DCG to work. Do you have the AEP Option checked? If you have all of the above, I have no Idea but go to the link and post there.

SD

[This message was edited by the_soupdragon on Thu May 27 2004 at 05:00 AM.]