PDA

View Full Version : My most important question...

Far_Cry2_Fan
12-14-2015, 10:10 PM
Will Primal fully and completely support DX12?

If not, I see no need to buy it.

HorTyS
12-15-2015, 12:42 AM
Will Primal fully and completely support DX12?

If not, I see no need to buy it.

If the last ones didn't I doubt this one will.............

VonHenry
12-16-2015, 06:23 PM
If this is your most important question on this, or any other game, I see no need for you to ever post in a forum again. Truly.

Far_Cry2_Fan
12-16-2015, 08:41 PM
VonHenry:

Actually, it's a thinking man's question, which is I'm sure why you missed it.

DX12 is the latest, and shows purported benefit in the testing that's been shown so far.

Now the real question is, is Ubisoft trying to make quick cash by re-skinning FC3/4, or have they at least taken the steps to support the latest DX offering?

If they want $60 for it, it better support DX12. If they want to release it as a Blood Dragon type affair, then that's entirely different.

I'm tired of each release performing only marginally on the most recent hardware, and if DX12 will help give new life to older hardware and phenomenal performance on the top tier hardware at the time of release, that's perfect. Anything less is just a reskin, and should sell for far less than $60.

Far_Cry2_Fan
12-16-2015, 09:31 PM
535: Just do a search dx11 vs dx12, weed through the junk as I did.

But the point is, there are a lot of folks having a hard time getting max settings on FC4 with GTX980s, why wouldn't Ubi want to tout the latest and greatest, allowing higher frame rates for existing hardware?

DX12 has been out for 6 months now, back when I was a developer, no way would we even consider a release so late after a major release like this.

I'm really burned out on not only single gpu of the latest flavor barely making 60fps, but sli broken so even those with more money than brains cant get the performance they seek. $500+ to still be substandard? This gamevendor/gpu vendor alliance stuff wears very thin. If you "need" the latest hardware, that should give you something worth paying for, not just a console port tweaked to sell multi-gpus that STILL don't work.