PDA

View Full Version : [HELP] CH Fighterstick not recognized as ID1

Alexi_Alx_Anova
02-19-2004, 01:19 PM
Sorry for posting a technical issue in the General forum but I suspect more people read here.

I used to have a Logitech Wingman Force 3D joystick and CH Pro Pedals USB. Today I bought a CH Fighterstick USB.

Big problem: the Fighterstick is recognized by FB as ID2 and so will not use it as the joystick.

I've run CHDelete and deleted all CH products. Deleted Control Manager for good measure as well. Then rebooted the system. Plugged in the Fighterstick and had it recognized. Under the Advanced button of the Game Controllers screen I set the Fighterstick as the prefered device. Then I rebooted again. FB sees it as ID1, nice. Next I plugged in the pedals and lo, they go to ID1. If I reset the Fighterstick to be the preferred device, the pedals are still seen as ID1. Strangely, if I run the JoyIDs utility, it shows me the Fighterstick as ID1. I can even use JoyIDs to swap around the IDs and then move them back to Fighterstick as ID1 and pedals as ID2 and FB still sees the pedals as ID1.

Going nuts (which is not good for a monkey).

Does anyone have any advice? The CH web site is useless about this and I have already trawled through the UBI and SimHQ forums without any help (just posts from people with this problem, not fixes).

Desperately yours,

Alexi

-----------------------------
Drug of choice....coffee

http://web.onetel.net.uk/~alx_747/coffee.jpg

Alexi_Alx_Anova
02-19-2004, 01:19 PM
Sorry for posting a technical issue in the General forum but I suspect more people read here.

I used to have a Logitech Wingman Force 3D joystick and CH Pro Pedals USB. Today I bought a CH Fighterstick USB.

Big problem: the Fighterstick is recognized by FB as ID2 and so will not use it as the joystick.

I've run CHDelete and deleted all CH products. Deleted Control Manager for good measure as well. Then rebooted the system. Plugged in the Fighterstick and had it recognized. Under the Advanced button of the Game Controllers screen I set the Fighterstick as the prefered device. Then I rebooted again. FB sees it as ID1, nice. Next I plugged in the pedals and lo, they go to ID1. If I reset the Fighterstick to be the preferred device, the pedals are still seen as ID1. Strangely, if I run the JoyIDs utility, it shows me the Fighterstick as ID1. I can even use JoyIDs to swap around the IDs and then move them back to Fighterstick as ID1 and pedals as ID2 and FB still sees the pedals as ID1.

Going nuts (which is not good for a monkey).

Does anyone have any advice? The CH web site is useless about this and I have already trawled through the UBI and SimHQ forums without any help (just posts from people with this problem, not fixes).

Desperately yours,

Alexi

Drug of choice....coffee

BaldieJr
02-19-2004, 01:30 PM
Click on elevator in FB, move the new stick. click on aileron and do the same. It'll work fine.

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">
______ _____
(, / ) /) /) , (, /
/---( _ // _(/ _ / __ ,""""]
+----/ ____)(_(_(/_(_(__(__(/____/__/ (__--------,' /---+
| / ( / ,' NR / |
|(_/ ..-""``"'-._ (_/ __,' 42 _/ |
+-.-"" "-..,____________/7,.--"" __]-----+

</pre>

radkiller
02-19-2004, 01:31 PM
As I understand it, multiple CH products require the CH software to be installed for all to work properly. If I read your post right, you uninstalled the stuff needed to make it all work.

http://www.nurple.com/sideshow/schlitz.gif rad

PF_Talus
02-19-2004, 01:51 PM
Roger, re-install CH manager, use mapped mode and the manager will combine the two controllers. Save your money, you will soon want the Pro-Throttle!

http://img12.photobucket.com/albums/v31/Talus/PFGSbanner710x100a.gif

horseback
02-19-2004, 02:07 PM
Talus is right on both counts. Go to CH Products website, download their latest Control Manager, and map your pedals and stick as one controller. If you're at all like me, it would be a good idea to print out the Help files page by page so you can have it all right there in front of you. I put it all into a loose-leaf binder, with important bits(the ones I always get bass-ackward)underlined and highlighted.

Just remember to assign everything in order to CD1, or device #1, and make sure you don't duplicate axes (X & Y to the joystick, Z to the throttle, R to the pedals, Sliders 0 & 1 to the toebrakes), save the map, and download it.

Then go the Control Panel in Windows, click on Game Controllers, and confirm that the CH Control Device 1 is there, click on properties to confirm that everything is doing what you want, and then load your game.

Oh, and don't forget to start saving for the Pro Throttle. Unlike Tim "the Toolman" Taylor, you won't need more power, but you'll soon feel a need for more buttons and sliders.

Cheers

horseback

"Here's your new Mustangs, boys. You can learn to fly'em on the way to the target. Cheers!" -LTCOL Don Blakeslee, 4th FG CO, February 27th, 1944

Alexi_Alx_Anova
02-19-2004, 02:25 PM
Thanks guys,

Baldie, I did that. That's how I know FB kept changing back to the Fighterstick being ID2 after I installed the pedals.

radkiller, yse, if I install the Control Manager and let it update the device drivers, I still get the pedals as ID1.

Talus & horseback, thanks, I'm fumbling around with it at the moment but it looks like I will have to read the manual from the start http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

To all, I was going to hold off and buy the Fighterstick and the Throttle at the same time but my old Logitech stick was annoying me so much since it became sloppy in the center. I compromised and bought the Fighterstick today and have promised myself the Throttle as a reward for getting through this semester in a few months time.

Will put on the thinking cap and nut this out, seems more complicated than it needs to be though.

Alexi

Drug of choice....coffee