PDA

View Full Version : FC: Primal should borrow ideas from The Forest !!

LaMOi
12-12-2015, 12:00 AM
I mean look at this ----> http://youtu.be/IA0Im3j-wf4

and have you seen the traps in this game?? Fantastic!

http://youtu.be/oVlO7jxG3-o

HorTyS
12-12-2015, 08:11 AM
Great survival mechanics but unfortunately too fictional for my taste.

but a game where you can ride sabretooth tigers and throw bee bombs isn't? he just said they should borrow some ideas, not the whole game, guessing he meant primarily the traps and survival aspects rather than the mutants and such (which the first few far cry games were about btw)

LaMOi
12-12-2015, 10:38 AM
but a game where you can ride sabretooth tigers and throw bee bombs isn't? he just said they should borrow some ideas, not the whole game, guessing he meant primarily the traps and survival aspects rather than the mutants and such (which the first few far cry games were about btw)

Exactly... Those traps look fantastic

HorTyS
12-12-2015, 04:34 PM
Exactly... Those traps look fantastic

I'd like for that to happen as well, sadly I don't think it will, I think the one trap we saw is probably gonna be about all there is to it. Alotta peeps in here comin' up with all these ideas for traps and weapons and survival systems I think are gonna be sorely disappointed when the game comes out cause It doesn't look like theres really any depth or challenge to it. Theres a cold meter when you get to the snowy areas, thats about it.

LaMOi
12-12-2015, 11:41 PM
I'd like for that to happen as well, sadly I don't think it will, I think the one trap we saw is probably gonna be about all there is to it. Alotta peeps in here comin' up with all these ideas for traps and weapons and survival systems I think are gonna be sorely disappointed when the game comes out cause It doesn't look like theres really any depth or challenge to it. Theres a cold meter when you get to the snowy areas, thats about it.

I don't think anyone is under any delusion.... Ubisoft aren't making a Survival simulator here. And I've never known Ubisoft respond much in these forums.. I think it's all written in the hope that they might yet be or will endeavour to make these systems deeper.
One can only hope!

It it seems like they are flirting on the edge of implementing some survival mechanics. But the problem, nobody wants to take a risk with a franchise that is a guaranteed money maker..

BUT, everyone knows that if FC: Primal feels like FC:4 're-skinned' they will get panned by the critics !

i personally believe that Far Cry has laid some very solid foundations, their open world is genuinely one of the most reactive and dynamic sand boxes available. But could be so much more. If they are genuinely willing to take some creative risks.

HorTyS
12-14-2015, 09:40 AM
I don't think anyone is under any delusion.... Ubisoft aren't making a Survival simulator here. And I've never known Ubisoft respond much in these forums.. I think it's all written in the hope that they might yet be or will endeavour to make these systems deeper.
One can only hope!

It it seems like they are flirting on the edge of implementing some survival mechanics. But the problem, nobody wants to take a risk with a franchise that is a guaranteed money maker..

BUT, everyone knows that if FC: Primal feels like FC:4 're-skinned' they will get panned by the critics !

i personally believe that Far Cry has laid some very solid foundations, their open world is genuinely one of the most reactive and dynamic sand boxes available. But could be so much more. If they are genuinely willing to take some creative risks.

You would be amazed at how delusional some of the people in these forums can get. When Alex Hutchinson sort of off the cuff mentioned the idea that they might do a survival mode/ difficulty for FC4 people basically took that as an announcement that it was coming, even though in the context of him saying it was a super non-committal sort of scenario. As for Ubi and risks, I'd say they take more of them than Activision or EA, but they tend to stick to what works when they find it, even if doing so eventually runs what once worked into the ground. I think they could do better at being a bit more flexible in that regard. The problem is they are taking what worked for one game and spreading that into multiple other franchises where maybe it's not the best approach, so thats kinda a bummer, but FC to me is still pretty good, though I'm hesitant to say the least about Primal, so we'll see how it goes. Still holding out hope that another team is hard at work on a legit FC5 that features modern day timeline and the return of coop!