PDA

View Full Version : Weird Preformance issues....

SteelMag
04-21-2004, 12:15 PM
Hey you may think this is for tech support but i have no problem i just think this is weird...so read on

I installed the original Il-2 on my old 650mhz p3 with a Riva TNT2 32mb card it ran real good on that, which surprised me beacause of the graphical detail in the game.

Flash forward to when FB was released.... i now have a 2.2ghz with a Intel Extreme Graphics 64mb onboard. I installed the orignal FB start it up.....my screen is upsidedown, so i fix that and the game runs like a dog....all i can do is fight ONE plane in the QMB...even then it stutters alot, ground attack missions were impossible.

Then AEP comes along.....im thinking that its not worth it to get this because it will probably run worse, right?.....well WRONG i install it and its running smooth as silk....hell i even turned the graphics up. The solution i think was changing from 1024x768 to 800x600 but in the other games (FB with no AEP) using lower res's decreased my preformace...

So whats the story did Oleg do some drastic changes or something with AEP. Because i am impressed that my crappy puter can run a game this complex!, Kudos to the whole 1C Maddox games team. They outdid themselves by actually optimizing the code in their game.....Unlike every other developer who's minimum system requirments are really enough to run the install program for there game...

sorry about the spelling....just thought id say this

SteelMag
04-21-2004, 12:15 PM
Hey you may think this is for tech support but i have no problem i just think this is weird...so read on

I installed the original Il-2 on my old 650mhz p3 with a Riva TNT2 32mb card it ran real good on that, which surprised me beacause of the graphical detail in the game.

Flash forward to when FB was released.... i now have a 2.2ghz with a Intel Extreme Graphics 64mb onboard. I installed the orignal FB start it up.....my screen is upsidedown, so i fix that and the game runs like a dog....all i can do is fight ONE plane in the QMB...even then it stutters alot, ground attack missions were impossible.

Then AEP comes along.....im thinking that its not worth it to get this because it will probably run worse, right?.....well WRONG i install it and its running smooth as silk....hell i even turned the graphics up. The solution i think was changing from 1024x768 to 800x600 but in the other games (FB with no AEP) using lower res's decreased my preformace...

So whats the story did Oleg do some drastic changes or something with AEP. Because i am impressed that my crappy puter can run a game this complex!, Kudos to the whole 1C Maddox games team. They outdid themselves by actually optimizing the code in their game.....Unlike every other developer who's minimum system requirments are really enough to run the install program for there game...

sorry about the spelling....just thought id say this

VW-IceFire
04-21-2004, 01:13 PM
Probably a bad install caused your performance issues. That or driver issues...

And obviously the Intel graphics is a major hit and miss since it supports few options and has little in the way of power. Its designed as an economical way to integrate video into a motherboard for office solutions.

Even so, AEP does run a little bit better on my machine (never had a problem but it does run smoother) so I'll bet Oleg did tighten some things up.

http://home.cogeco.ca/~cczerneda/sigs/tmv-sig1.jpg
RCAF 412 Falcon Squadron - "Swift to Avenge"

LEXX_Luthor
04-21-2004, 02:10 PM
Dude/dudette, I ran FB for 5 months with Trident onboard video, but almost all my FB time was in FMB so it didn't hurt me. Then my power supply mercifully blew up in sparks and forced me to upgrade mobo and get a real video card for a change (inexpensive ATI made 9200 [non-SE version] and its FAST and easy to install).

"You will still have FB , you will lose nothing" ~WUAF_Badsight
"I had actually pre ordered CFS3 and I couldnt wait..." ~Bearcat99
"Gladiator and Falco, elegant weapons of a more civilized age" ~ElAurens
:
"Damn.....Where you did read about Spitfire made from a wood?
Close this book forever and don't open anymore!" ~Oleg_Maddox http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif

WWMaxGunz
04-21-2004, 09:02 PM
You may have had hardware issues/conflicts that the change in drivers or use of those has fixed. Sound played hell with me till I changed the card but I didn't know till then.

Neal

SteelMag
04-22-2004, 10:37 AM
yeah sound is my only real beef with the game....its kinda dodgy for me, but hey i dont expect much from my crap video card.

ZG77_Lignite
04-22-2004, 01:16 PM
Sounds a bit like Anisotropic Filtering and/or Anti-Aliaising. These put a real hit on performance on mid-range machines; make sure they are off for best performance.