PDA

View Full Version : The Cold Hard Truth For Ubisoft & Constructive Criticism

GhostLeader-
12-10-2015, 03:39 PM
First of all what I have to say about Ubisoft may be hard but is the cold hard truth. A good start would be to

1- Get your heads out of your Asses and make a proper damn PC game and not this porting garbage.

2- Support your PC fan base! By the looks of it you only support your money making console fan base. This is just wrong! We made you what you are today!

3- Don't abandon the game after it has been released and sat on the shelves after awhile. There are still people who will play the game after years go by. A fine example of this is GRP. You aren't making weapons or maps any more because you all went to Siege. This is a classic abandonment that you have done to many of your other titles. It's only been what 3 or 4 years? and you already want it to go down to the ****ter. A very poor and ugly service if you ask me.

4- The dev team needs to be more open and actually respond to comments in the forums.Not just the Forum Managers! I noticed after like a year out of every game you have had, you bluntly ignore every one on the forums because you don't want to support the game any more. STOP THIS BS! If you don't want to support the game any more just say it! Don't ignore the community that supports you. We are your god dang customer and we pay our hard earned money for these games.

5- Get Dedicated Server Support! Your ****ty networking code doesn't ****ing work! look at Rainbow Six Siege. Again with the ****ty net code! Stop it! and Higher a proper net coder! Garbage Peer to Peer doesn't work! I thought you learned that in GR:FS! You are a billion dollar company and should have no problem in supporting dedicated servers. Heck even just make it so people can rent damn servers.

6- Get rid of the Micro transactions. This is utter BS after we pay like 60.00$ for a game. ( I am talking about R6S and I fear this will be the same for GR:WL)

7- Stop misinforming the Forum Managers. They take a lot of flack because of your ignorance and arrogance towards your customers.

8- Get a proper tech support team. Your current support team is garbage. They just blame problems on our own PC and don't even bother to acknowledge that the problem lays on your end.

9- Listen to on what features your customers want in the game. Sure people give suggestions but then you put your own twist on it to make it yours. This needs to stop!

10- Be transparent about what goes on behind the scenes. This Watchdogs crap was bad and you were caught blatantly lying about the product. What you sell people on at E3 shows, should be what the the final product turns out like.

FORUM MANAGERS. PLEASE SEND THIS TO YOUR HIGHER UPS & MAKE SURE THEY ACTUALLY READ IT!!!!!!!

UbiKeeba
12-10-2015, 04:00 PM
Hi, Ghost Leader! We want to thank you for your feedback and assure you that it is appreciated. The only thing that I would like to clear up is the point you made about GRP and Rainbow Six. Rainbow Six has been developed by Ubisoft Montreal and GRP was developed by Ubisoft Singapore. There were no team members pulled from one in order to develop the other.

RVSage
12-11-2015, 05:33 AM
I would love to add the following to Ubisoft as whole

Please abandon, NVIDIA Gameworks, more often than not it earns you bad rep, turning gameworks on, impacts performance, Witcher 3 hairworks, AC Syndicate PCSS are some examples.

We already have consoles and PC we do not want specific games for AMD and NVIDIA in the PC market too,

And please release PC along with consoles, do not delay PC releases. As the OP stated, we do not want ports, we want games built from scratch for PC. I am a long time Ubisoft fan. Please this is my humble request for PC games

PS: I am a NVIDIA user, and I am not a fan of gameworks

SuperBiscotCOT
12-11-2015, 08:10 AM
First of all ... calm down :eek:

1. I'm agree

2. They are now really supporting the R6S community.

3. R6S have a year of new content programmed and if the game will have still an important community in one year it will be extend. So don't worry.

4. They are reading our posts. Maybe you didn't saw the video that just realease so you don't really pay attention but they andserwed to some questions that have been asked on this forum and reddit. It's true that we can't now if a dev saw your comment but if it's not a dev the community managers will tell them what is going on there.

5. R6S have no problem of servers but problems of netcode in most cases.

6. In R6S the microtransaction don't give you any weapons are any new operators it's just giving you a faster leveling up. So it's not bad microtransactions.

7. It's just that the forum managers are not at the studio in Paris and that they can't say some things.

8. I have never experimented the ubisoft support so I can't say anithing about it.

9. The forum exist for that. They are realy listening us.

10. It's true and it was the case during the R6S devloppement (behind the walls) and I think that for GR it will be the same.

AND THE DEVS REALLY CARE ABOUT INTRESTING POSTS OF THE FORUM !

I take a lot of examples from R6S because it's the most recent Ubisoft game.

GhostLeader-
12-11-2015, 08:30 AM
First of all ... calm down :eek:

1. I'm agree

2. They are now really supporting the R6S community.

3. R6S have a year of new content programmed and if the game will have still an important community in one year it will be extend. So don't worry.

4. They are reading our posts. Maybe you didn't saw the video that just realease so you don't really pay attention but they andserwed to some questions that have been asked on this forum and reddit. It's true that we can't now if a dev saw your comment but if it's not a dev the community managers will tell them what is going on there.

5. R6S have no problem of servers but problems of netcode in most cases.

6. In R6S the microtransaction don't give you any weapons are any new operators it's just giving you a faster leveling up. So it's not bad microtransactions.

7. It's just that the forum managers are not at the studio in Paris and that they can't say some things.

8. I have never experimented the ubisoft support so I can't say anithing about it.

9. The forum exist for that. They are realy listening us.

10. It's true and it was the case during the R6S devloppement (behind the walls) and I think that for GR it will be the same.

AND THE DEVS REALLY CARE ABOUT INTRESTING POSTS OF THE FORUM !

I take a lot of examples from R6S because it's the most recent Ubisoft game.

You are so naive.

You obviously didn't live the through the Assasins Creed Unity and GRFS bs. They will support the game,listen & support the community for awhile for about a year or two and then give up and can it and hope you move on to their next title. I am not just talking out my ***. I know from experience.

StealthTallyFox
12-11-2015, 10:56 AM
While it's mostly true(actually... all of them)... I think GRFS is not a complete failure, they still deliver the essence of the game, advanced US Army SF team behind enemy line, though it's too linear, and people protest about the graphics(which I have no problem with, believe me, many people on my side of the world has high end PC only to play Sims... and say it has better graphics than Crysis), I still found myself enjoying the game even now unlike CoD which is total crap.

Yeah... Ubi has a **** record for past few games, but it's a company... Sony has it's fair share of **** times, Micro$oft too, heck, even CIA has some **** times in it's record, let's just hope they improve... a hell lot of improvement that is...

Ubi... for the love of God, just keep the graphics like in the trailer alright, no need too shiny and stuff just keep it like in the trailer... and please get Hk416A5, SCAR-L, MP7, SITES Spectre M4, Desert Tech MDR, Desert Tech SRS, SVU-A, CBJ-MS, F2000, and a heck lot more... and can we blind fire?

Ubi-Edela
12-11-2015, 12:12 PM
Hey guys,

Just wanted to clarify some things here.
We (the dev team) are doing our best to deliver you the best game possible. Even now, as we're still in an early stage of development, people in the team are working until 11pm to make sure we're meeting our deadlines.
The devs can't talk on the forums (even if I'm sure some of them are reading them) because they need to stay focussed on the game they're developing. That's why the CM team is here: we gather all the feedback you share on the forums, but also on the subreddit and social media and we share everything with the dev team. I am personnally doing regular meetings with our creative managers and producers to make sure your feedback is heard.
We want to make a great game, and that's the same for the PC version. Please do not assume that since a previous game disappointed you, it's gonna be the same with Wildlands. The teams are different and Ubisoft is improving its overall player listening process.
There are of course some elements we're not ready to talk about yet: we prefer making sure the feature you are asking is 100% complete before sharing it with you. So please understand that sometimes, the CMs cannot answer your questions. That said, the dev team has their vision for the game and we might not be willing or simply able to implement some requests in the final game.

If you need to let us know a specific comment regarding R6, there is a dedicated topic (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1347233-Rainbow-Six-Siege) in the off-topic section of the forums.
Plus, we shared yesterday a video Q&A (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unc0GMWKtuI) in which we're giving more details about the game and answering some of the community's questions. Please have a look at it.

GhostLeader-
12-11-2015, 12:29 PM
"Just wanted to clarify some things here. We (the dev team) are doing our best to deliver you the best game possible."
You said this in the GRFS forums and look how that turned out!

"I am personnally doing regular meetings with our creative managers and producers to make sure your feedback is heard. "
You said something like this in the GRFS forums and look how that turned out!

"There are of course some elements we're not ready to talk about yet: we prefer making sure the feature you are asking is 100% complete before sharing it with you. So please understand that sometimes, the CMs cannot answer your questions."
Oh so your saying that even though there are comments left on the GRFS forums and still there are some that are unanswered for 4 years? Seems like long enough time for me to answer questions. You totally abandon your community after the game is like 2 or 3 years old as stated above in my op.

"That said, the dev team has their vision for the game".
You said this in the GRFS forums and look how that turned out!

"Plus, we shared yesterday a video Q&A (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unc0GMWKtuI) in which we're giving more details about the game and answering some of the community's questions. Please have a look at it."
Yeah, You also had a Q&A session in GRFS and it seemed all fine and dandy in the videos but then you still delivered a ****ty broken title.

"Please do not assume that since a previous game disappointed you, it's gonna be the same with Wildlands. The teams are different and Ubisoft is improving its overall player listening process."
This is the same studio who made GRFS!

SIEGE STILL HAS CONNECTION AND LAG PROBLEMS AND THAT ONE IS MADE BY A DIFFERENT UBISOFT STUDIO. WE HAVE ASKED FOR DEDICATED SERVERS FOR YEARS AND YOU STILL HAVEN'T DONE ANYTHING!

Ubi-Edela
12-11-2015, 12:47 PM
GRFS was three years ago + the team is different + the game is different + Ubi made a lot of progress since then.
I understand the fact that you've been disappointed, but hey, we saw your message and we're adding it to the agenda for our next meeting with the devs.
That's all I can say for the moment. I think the best thing for you will be when you'll be able to play the game, and give us more detailed feedback on your play session. Until then, take care and don't hesitate to share constructive suggestions on this forums so that we can continue to nourrish the dev team with your feedback.

GhostLeader-
12-11-2015, 01:40 PM
GRFS was three years ago + the team is different + the game is different + Ubi made a lot of progress since then.
I understand the fact that you've been disappointed, but hey, we saw your message and we're adding it to the agenda for our next meeting with the devs.
That's all I can say for the moment. I think the best thing for you will be when you'll be able to play the game, and give us more detailed feedback on your play session. Until then, take care and don't hesitate to share constructive suggestions on this forums so that we can continue to nourrish the dev team with your feedback.

Okay I ask that personally you keep me/us informed in this thread. I hope you are being honest and not telling lies and just saying stuff that we want to hear like Ubi has previously done. A sincere apology video would be nice to see for the community from the devs because of all the crap that went down. This will show you are truly being genuine.

Thanks!

Ubi-Edela
12-11-2015, 02:22 PM
You and all the fans will have all the information you need about the game in due time on GhostRecon.com.
I cannot promise the game will be perfect because we're still early in the development and at this stage it would be stupid to tell you so. I'm just saying that at the moment the team is doing their best and we are proud of the game so far. Ask the people in this forum who went to the studio and had the opportunity to meet the devs and play the game; I'm sure they'll be able to reassure you.
Thanks for your understanding! :)

Flaw3dGenius23
12-11-2015, 03:46 PM
Okay I ask that personally you keep me/us informed in this thread. I hope you are being honest and not telling lies and just saying stuff that we want to hear like Ubi has previously done. A sincere apology video would be nice to see for the community from the devs because of all the crap that went down. This will show you are truly being genuine.

Thanks!
Oh come off it. As if that will or even should ever happen.

Everything we have seen and heard so far seems good...Alot of us are worried and rightly sobut we just need to wait this one out now until further vids/info. Asking for apology video's is just nonsense.

Such a shame Rainbow has turned out the way it has...the core gameplay is incredible but they have still pandered to the casual's way to much with camera's wall hacks, guns on camera's, communicating with team mates while dead etc etc but finally a step in the right direction and finally a good tactical shooter on consoles again (you PC guys are spoiled at the moment for shooters)...Lets see if the Ghost Devs go the full hog!

SuperBiscotCOT
12-11-2015, 06:13 PM
You are so naive.

You obviously didn't live the through the Assasins Creed Unity and GRFS bs. They will support the game,listen & support the community for awhile for about a year or two and then give up and can it and hope you move on to their next title. I am not just talking out my ***. I know from experience.

I'm not naive. I just know that you can't criticise a game that you never played and I think you can ( and you should ) trust people who played the game because I don't think AI_Bluefox received some money (I hope ;)), he is just a true GR player and I don't think he would lie to us. He said a lot of good things about the game so at this part of the game devlopment you can only TRUST and if you don't want to make constructive feedbacks and don't trust anyone just wait until the realese of the game and you will see a good or bad game that you didn't helped.

Also it's normal that a company can't support a game during more than 5 years, imagine ubisoft still adding new contents on Rainbow 6 RavenShield or Vegas for 20 (I'm part of them :p) monthly players :confused:

And you are right I didn't experimented the AC Unity problem ... because I was busy with GR (the first :o).

GhostLeader-
12-12-2015, 10:06 AM
(you PC guys are spoiled at the moment for shooters)!

You would be pissed too if they treated you Console fan boys like they did the PC crowed. You spend like 60$ on a game and it is in a broken unplayable state. There goes 60$ down the ****ter that you earned from working hard and you could have bought more important things with. So don't tell me I don't have a right to be pissed and rant, I have every damn right to!

ItsNotARoomba
12-12-2015, 11:55 AM
You would be pissed too if they treated you Console fan boys like they did the PC crowed. You spend like 60$ on a game and it is in a broken unplayable state. There goes 60$ down the ****ter that you earned from working hard and you could have bought more important things with. So don't tell me I don't have a right to be pissed and rant, I have every damn right to!

Hey, he never said you shouldn't be annoyed ! And just because he plays on console, doesn't mean he might not know of the hardships of PC. I'm a PC player myself, but I mean come on, if you read what he says, he was simply trying to say that we should just wait and see how the game turns out, and not be stuck in the past about the other games. Yes, some were inadequate, but does that mean Wildlands will be ? How about we just wait and see, and if you bought a game you didn't know anything about and wasted your money, shame on you for not waiting and looking at reviews after it came out.

GhostLeader-
12-12-2015, 01:24 PM
Hey, he never said you shouldn't be annoyed ! And just because he plays on console, doesn't mean he might not know of the hardships of PC. I'm a PC player myself, but I mean come on, if you read what he says, he was simply trying to say that we should just wait and see how the game turns out, and not be stuck in the past about the other games. Yes, some were inadequate, but does that mean Wildlands will be ? How about we just wait and see, and if you bought a game you didn't know anything about and wasted your money, shame on you for not waiting and looking at reviews after it came out.

I saw exactly what he said.

I pre-ordered GR:FS so I would get Signature Edition. Shame on me for wanting to get a little bonus out of a game after it was marketed and pushed hard to get pre-orders and something that was claimed to be good by the company?. I trusted Ubisoft and look what happened. I will never pre-order a game from Ubisoft again ever. Does it mean Wild Lands will be a ****ty game? Probably. Look at Assasins Creed Unity and need I say Watch Dogs? That is 2 different games this company has ****ed up ever since after GRFS came out and guess? They were the exact same probs as in GRFS! You expect me to have faith in a company that pulls the same old **** over and over again? Perhaps Wild Lands will be different and it may not. My faith in Ubisoft is less that 1% due to the past. Ubisofts claims they have learned but we will see in time if they really did or not. To answer your question about research on the game. I did a lot! Ubisoft just hid the problems and glitches from the public and it all looked positive and then I go and buy it and it goes downhill from there.

Flaw3dGenius23
12-13-2015, 12:24 AM
I have to admit i know nothing on Future Soldier on PC...So it was completely broken? If so you did not miss much...Game was horrible and didnt last any longer than 2 months in my console. However if it was completely broken then i can see why your worried.

GhostLeader-
12-13-2015, 12:04 PM
I have to admit i know nothing on Future Soldier on PC...So it was completely broken? If so you did not miss much...Game was horrible and didnt last any longer than 2 months in my console. However if it was completely broken then i can see why your worried.

Yes sir, it was completely broken. The fact that it wouldn't even start up at first was bad. Then it had connection issues, Still after 8 patches it still had lots of game breaking bugs! that rendered multiplayer virtually unplayable. Mouse lag and even the damn Chat was broken in game. You couldn't type anything without it missing key letters. I could go on and on about this but I am not going to. That is totally unacceptable after you pay 60$ for a game that is suppose to work in the first place. Believe it or not they still have game breaking bugs after 8 patches and still renders the game unplayable to some.

GiveMeTactical
12-13-2015, 07:06 PM
Fact is that UBI has been screwing with pc fans for over 10 years

Fact is they have promised the moon only to flap at launch time... blaming their shortcomings on piracy

Fact is UBI shooter have great potential but the higher ups care more about counting the money than giving their customer a game worth the money we pay

The faxt that we now have devs coming in to chat with us is a good sign but I wouln't expect UBI to want us to trust them solely on their word... trst is earn and so far the have flopped

The fact that they flew some folks from gr.com and here is all nice and dandy but again... they got to earn our trust which is yet to be seen

Fact is they still need to come up with a demo of the actual gameplay before I, and I assume a whole bnch of people, buy their game, let alone pre-order it.

Fact is, a whole bunch of noobs and lemmings will still pre order the game based on videos and shinny trailer that means nothing and that is what UBI is counting on

Nudebutterfly
12-14-2015, 09:10 AM
Fact is that you keeps saying you are a different team,but you are a same company,and keeps doing same things,not all of them are bad,but many many bad bad thing you've done.

How can we trust this again?We are no 3 yrs old anymore,remember the time?The time when the first RainbowSix were release or maybe the first ghost recon,all players grow up so dont try to fool us,we are all adults and we are all know what should trust what should not.

And the fact is,the RainbowSix Siege is already abandoed ,the devs now talks nothing about the server issues,the bugs and hackers,the only thing they do is about fix the small issues about the HUD that only a few players are noticed.

I dont trust what you said this time,or maybe never.

And,i already screen shot and upload what you devs said in this forum,say if you can keep you words half or maybe 1 years later.

SuperBiscotCOT
12-14-2015, 06:39 PM
[QUOTE=Nudebutterfly;11226931

And the fact is,the RainbowSix Siege is already abandoed ,the devs now talks nothing about the server issues,the bugs and hackers,the only thing they do is about fix the small issues about the HUD that only a few players are noticed.[/QUOTE]

The game is not abandoned : http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1343306-Developer-AMA-Recap
The community is growing up and a dev team is there for one year or even more.
It's a little bit a shame to realese a game with obvious bugs it's true but the game is still very good and something more important the game is : fun Something that some of you forgoted.

AFO-Wolfpack
12-15-2015, 04:55 AM
[QUOTE=GhostLeader-;11209827]First of all what I have to say about Ubisoft may be hard but is the cold hard truth. A good start would be to

1- Get your heads out of your Asses and make a proper damn PC game and not this porting garbage.

2- Support your PC fan base! By the looks of it you only support your money making console fan base. This is just wrong! We made you what you are today!

I completely Understand where you are coming from. However, I am an Xbox person and would hope they pay attention to each system differently. Bring out the strengths in PS4, XONE, and of course, PC.

Nudebutterfly
12-16-2015, 01:54 AM
The game is not abandoned : http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1343306-Developer-AMA-Recap
The community is growing up and a dev team is there for one year or even more.
It's a little bit a shame to realese a game with obvious bugs it's true but the game is still very good and something more important the game is : fun Something that some of you forgoted.

yeah they said this everytime when a game is out and have a lot of issue,and plz explain why you support all they said although some of them most people dont support,you are a second account of a dev of someone?

SuperBiscotCOT
12-16-2015, 01:00 PM
yeah they said this everytime when a game is out and have a lot of issue,and plz explain why you support all they said although some of them most people dont support,you are a second account of a dev of someone?

You think a dev will say that the game realeased with bugs ? :D
On some points when the game came out some bugs should been already corrected and it's a shame. But when you look stepback you can see that Ubisdoft is realy improving their policy with the community. Did you heard about some feedbacks after the Division's Alpha (normally no but ... ;) ) ? We can hope the best for GR and I am very optimistic for the moment but I rassure you if Ubisoft will make too many mistakes you will no more see me on forums but for the moment all is OK :p

And look I said you that the dev's keep still a big attention at all details !!!!

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1355300-Patch-Notes-Update-1-1

Read ALL this Patch Note and then reapeat me that they don't care !
PC users now Ubisoft is making some graphic Upgrades !

GhostLeader-
12-17-2015, 10:08 PM
There were no team members pulled from one in order to develop the other.

Then why did you pull Epi from GRP to go to work with R6S?

GhostLeader-
12-17-2015, 10:09 PM
Read ALL this Patch Note and then reapeat me that they don't care !
PC users now Ubisoft is making some graphic Upgrades !

Of course they are going to support the game for awhile because they are making money. After they have milked you for every cent you have they will drop you like a bag of bricks!

UbiEpi
12-17-2015, 10:49 PM
Then why did you pull Epi from GRP to go to work with R6S?

Hey GhostLeader,

I don't know anything regarding GRW as I work on Rainbow Six Siege, as you noted, but I would like to touch on this comment.

To be perfectly frank with you, ChemZero was working on Rainbow Six Siege. He received a promotion in light of his hard work on both GRP and Rainbow Six Siege, which left a gap in coverage for Rainbow Six Siege. I was fortunate enough to be selected to fill his shoes on the title. I wasn't pull off of GRP as much as I was simply moved to a different title. GRP is the game that got me into the gaming industry, as well as this job, and will always hold a special place in my heart. I am saddened to hear that you think that this was a malicious act.

Also worth noting, I am not a member of the Development team, and have no direct hand in the creation of content. I work on the Community team, which handles communication with you, the players. :)

If you have any further questions regarding my career, please feel free to send me a PM and we can chat. Thanks!

SuperBiscotCOT
12-17-2015, 10:51 PM
Of course they are going to support the game for awhile because they are making money. After they have milked you for every cent you have they will drop you like a bag of bricks!

Oh ... YOU ! Maybe one day you will make a constructive and intressting post. Because for the moment since February 2014 and 30 post out of 30 are just negative messages ! Everything is bad !
If you think that Ubisoft is making only bad things WHY ARE YOU STILL HERE ?

GhostLeader-
12-17-2015, 10:56 PM
Oh ... YOU ! Maybe one day you will make a constructive and intressting post. Because for the moment since February 2014 and 30 post out of 30 are just negative messages ! Everything is bad !
If you think that Ubisoft is making only bad things WHY ARE YOU STILL HERE ?

Yeah ever since February has been negative and you know why? Because thats when Ubi**** started making broken unfinished playable games! Actually after they came out with GRFS that's when it all started. I say it like it is. I would rather give out positive notes but through my experience with Ubi it aint going to happen. I invite you to go look at the GRFS and ACU & Watch Dogs Forums and see how they treat people. It's disturbing to say the least! Need I say that R6S "Support Team" is hardly giving the community any help. The Moderators of the forums have to reply to them in their thread saying "PM me your support ticket and we will investigate" This isn't a Forum Moderators job! This is "Support Team" job. They pulled the exact same **** with GRFS. There is still people waiting for days and days and still no answer. Same Ubisoft,Same company, Same garbage on every single damn title they come out with! History always repeats itself. You have only been a member here since Nov 2015. It's obvious by that date you didn't have to go through the garbage most of us did. I will give Ubi credit where/when it is due but I haven't seen any improvement whatsoever. My friends and I still have unanswered support tickets from years ago. How does that make the company look good? Pull the scales off your eyes and look!

I am trying to save people a lot of headaches!

SuperBiscotCOT
12-17-2015, 11:12 PM
Yeah ever since February has been negative and you know why? Because thats when Ubi**** started making broken unfinished playable games! Actually after they came out with GRFS that's when it all started. I say it like it is. I would rather give out positive notes but through my experience with Ubi it aint going to happen. I invite you to go look at the GRFS and ACU & Watch Dogs Forums and see how they treat people. It's disturbing to say the least! Need I say that R6S "Support Team" is hardly giving the community any help. The Moderators of the forums have to reply to them in their thread saying "PM me your support ticket and we will investigate" This isn't a Forum Moderators job! This is "Support Team" job. They pulled the exact same **** with GRFS. There is still people waiting for days and days and still no answer. Same Ubisoft,Same company, Same garbage on every single damn title they come out with! History always repeats itself. You have only been a member here since Nov 2015. It's obvious by that date you didn't have to go through the garbage most of us did. I will give Ubi credit where it is due but I haven't seen any improvement whatsoever.

I am trying to save people a lot of headaches!

I think you should have a little discussion with UbiEpi who will explain you why your posts are not really useful and you are not saving any people. If peoples want to be here it's there choice.

GhostLeader-
12-17-2015, 11:25 PM
I think you should have a little discussion with UbiEpi who will explain you why your posts are not really useful and you are not saving any people. If peoples want to be here it's there choice.

Yeah. Their choice to spend all their money on a game to find out it's complete **** and broken and doesn't work half the time. I have actually tried talking to Ubisoft employees and all they say is "Your feedback has been taken into account" And after they say that, they don't act upon it. They just say stuff like that to keep you out their hair.

TightNinja
12-18-2015, 05:15 AM
I have to agree with everything Ghost Leader is saying. I had GRFS pre ordered for two years...then that "beta"cough"demo" came out a week before release and I canceled my pre order.

STOP TRYING TO BE CALL OF DUTY!!!!

GR has always had more content than Call of Duty.

I am sorry but Wildlands looks weak..... I would rather than Wild lands came out late 2017 with 16 palyer coop and all the game modes GRAW2 had. NOW THAT IS A GAME I WOULD PAY $60 FOR!

I found my post from 2012 that sums it up perfectly....Wildlands is looking to be another GRFS.
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/677682-Let-s-compare?p=8333833#post8333833

AND there is a lack of co-op and multiplayer modes in GRFS.

Lets list them and see!

GRAW Co-op Modes (all up to 16 player public or private and fully customizable, i.e no respawns, limited respawns, infinite respawns)
1.Defend
2.Exfil
3.Recon
4.Elimination
5.Firefight
6.Territory
7.Campaign

GRAW Multiplayer (free for all AND team deathmatch)
1.Defend
2.Exfil
3.Recon
4.Elimination
5.Firefight
6.Territory
7.Battle (my fave COD style hardcore domination with bots to fill for missing players)
8.Sharpshooter

*GRAW in all modes offered 4 player split screen on or offline like Halo so this is a HUGE bonus.
**Remember All of this before MW1 came out!!

Now let's list GRFS Modes!

GRFS Co-op
1. Campaign
2 Guerilla (no matchmaking)
*No campaign split screen. Guerilla is only 4 player with 2 player split screen

GRFS Multiplayer
1.Saboteur
2.Siege
3.Conflict
*No splitscreen

So we went from 23 fully customizable game modes with split screen play, to 5 UN-customizable game modes without split screen except for one.

You guys can say what you want. If you love the game that is great! I am happy for you. However fans of the series and even new players can obviously see how easily it is to be disappointed when you read the above. If MW3 got rid of domination, team deathmatch, free all and headquarters and just left Flag and search what do you think would happen.................yeah exactly. The outrage for GRFS would have been much bigger if it weren't for the long hiatus and MW 1 coming out.

BOTTOM LINE JUST MAKE GRAW2 REMASTERED AT 1080 60 FPS WITH UPDATED MOVEMENT CONTROLS MAKE A TON OF MONEY AND DETHRONE COD (Black ops 3 was weak as well)

OR

YOU CAN MAKE WILDLANDS AND HAVE LITTLE TO NO IMPACT.
YOU HAVE BEEN TOLD!

(by the way Division already offers more content than wildlands)

Cortexian
12-18-2015, 08:49 AM
As someone else why was a very avid fan of the Ghost Recon series, and one of the lucky fans to have been invited to the Paris studio to actually play the game in it's pre-alpha state and sit down and talk with the developers about what WE wanted to see as fans... I've got to say that Ubisoft is REALLY making the effort on this title to give players what they want. I've noticed that Ubisoft has been pushing MORE and MORE community/fan feedback initiatives over the past 4 years now. I was luck enough to be part of the Community Leader/Athena Council program in GRP, and I like to think that it was one of, if not THE program that actually got Ubisoft to realize exactly how valuable fan feedback can be to a development team WHILE THEY'RE DEVELOPING.

This is in stark contrast to what Ubisoft typically did in the past. Essentially outwardly ignoring almost all community/fan feedback in the past, at least until after a game was released. I say "outwardly" because there was typically very little two-way communication from the development teams in the past (4+ years ago). Who knows what they actually read from the community/fans and took under advisement in the past. Just because they didn't or don't respond to everything we talk about doesn't mean they don't read it.

Anyhow. As for Wildlands, I can tell you that they have an AWESOME community team (Keeba and Edela) behind the core development team. Not only did Edela organize the Paris feedback session for us, she has been CONSISTENTLY keeping an ever-expanding group of community members and fans in the loop and asking for more and more feedback. It seems like I've been in conference calls with her and the dev team at least once a month since we got back from the Paris trip earlier this year. Every time we have one of these conference calls it's because a specific part of the development team wants to hear what we want as fans of the game.

We advocated pretty much all of the PC version issues directly with Yves Guillemot, the CEO of Ubisoft when we had breakfast with him in Paris. Those of us that played on PC spoke to him about our personal issues and those of the community as a whole. We've reiterated these issues to the devs in meetings since then as well. Trust me when I say that the PC and console community both have good advocates in the group that visited Paris. In fact, if I recall correctly the PC players actually outnumbered the console players.

Take a look at this video here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ok0b21YyEOE

0:45 is where AI BLUEFOX talks about our breakfast with Yves. There's a great still in there of Yves, a bunch of the dev team leads, the Paris studio head, and all of us around the breakfast table. AI BLUEFOX right in the foreground and the rest of us all gathered around. Heck, Yves seemed to like the feedback so much that we ran 45 minutes over the time he had allotted for us. For the CEO of a multi-billion Euro company, that's saying a lot.

I guess what I'm trying to say in a bottom line is that Ubisoft is SERIOUSLY TRYING with this title. What we saw and played in Paris, was outstanding and I believe they have a winning game formula on their hands. I think what they CAN DO in order to get good community feedback IS BEING DONE. There's really not a lot more they could do to get more from us... At least nothing that would be economically feasible.

Cheers,
Cortex

GhostLeader-
12-18-2015, 09:18 AM
Oh yeah real progress guys.... real progress....

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1356129-Refund-us-our-money-this-is-unacceptable!
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1356586-Never-Ending-Connection-Failure-*Rainbow6-Siege
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1355941-Do-Not-Buy-This-game?
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1355800-Update-did-nothing-to-fix-connectivity-issues?

Oh and there was another with one person trying to contact support and they still haven't responded! How the **** is this progress?

And of course when they invited you guys to play the game, of course they are going to have everything working optimally because they want you to support and buy the game! You watch when it gets released to the public it will be utter **** with ****ty p2p networking code etc!

That sure as hell doesn't seem like progress to me!

SuperBiscotCOT
12-18-2015, 09:24 AM
Now maybe people will understand that MANY things have been already done with our feedbacks and that for the moment you can only trust.
Also I think that Cortexian or AI_Bluefox will never lie to us it's certainly not in there interesst.

Cortexian
12-18-2015, 09:27 AM

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1356129-Refund-us-our-money-this-is-unacceptable!
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1356586-Never-Ending-Connection-Failure-*Rainbow6-Siege
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1355800-Update-did-nothing-to-fix-connectivity-issues?

Oh and there was another with one person trying to contact support and they still haven't responded! How the **** is this progress?

And of course when they invited you guys to play the game, of course they are going to have everything working optimally because they want you to support and buy the game! You watch when it gets released to the public it will be utter **** with ****ty p2p networking code etc!

You are aware that Rainbow Six Siege was developed in Montreal, Canada and not Paris, France? And that literally every one of the main people on the development team is different? And that it's a completely different game that ISN'T Ghost Recon Wildlands?

Just checking...

EDIT: Also, just want to point out that Ubisoft Support is yet ANOTHER team of people working under the Ubisoft banner. Ubisoft Support is not Ubisoft Montreal. Neither is it Ubisoft Paris.

If you want to complain about the support team, complain to the support team. They're entirely different people than the people at Ubisoft Montreal or Ubisoft Paris... In fact, I'll go so far as to say that I too think Ubisoft Support team needs some serious improvements. Ubisoft Support, get better, kthx.

SuperBiscotCOT
12-18-2015, 09:29 AM

If you want to discuss with me send me a PM i'm not from ubisoft and I will not send you to another Ubisoft member. I will explain you why your crusade is useless.
I don't want also to see you add more stupid messages because you are already off-topic.

So please send me a PM if you want to discuss

GhostLeader-
12-18-2015, 10:15 AM
So please send me a PM if you want to discuss

PMed.

ITK5
12-18-2015, 03:45 PM
I saw exactly what he said.

I pre-ordered GR:FS so I would get Signature Edition. Shame on me for wanting to get a little bonus out of a game after it was marketed and pushed hard to get pre-orders and something that was claimed to be good by the company?. I trusted Ubisoft and look what happened. I will never pre-order a game from Ubisoft again ever. Does it mean Wild Lands will be a ****ty game? Probably. Look at Assasins Creed Unity and need I say Watch Dogs? That is 2 different games this company has ****ed up ever since after GRFS came out and guess? They were the exact same probs as in GRFS! You expect me to have faith in a company that pulls the same old **** over and over again? Perhaps Wild Lands will be different and it may not. My faith in Ubisoft is less that 1% due to the past. Ubisofts claims they have learned but we will see in time if they really did or not. To answer your question about research on the game. I did a lot! Ubisoft just hid the problems and glitches from the public and it all looked positive and then I go and buy it and it goes downhill from there.

So..you didn't like Future Soldier's campaign?
Or were you talking specifically multiplayer?

Im sorry you didn't enjoy Future Soldier,Future Solider was just that,
ahead of its time, the movement in that game is 2nd to none
The customization of your weapons...with Gunsmith was incredible.
Just because you didn't like it..doesn't mean it was a $hitty game.
While i agree with you that Ubi did stop supporting the game a few months
after release, I wish they could have stuck with it, our Team is waiting for
Future Soldier to be backwards compatible so we can roll with the guys
who upgraded to the X1.

Have you noticed that the Forum Mod and even the Com Devs have replied to your comments?
Why do you think they are doing that? Because they truly care about their fans and want your
feed back..constructive feedback.

Oh and BTW, the PC fan base was covered during our meeting with the Ghost Recon team,
we had 4 strictly PC gamers..so yeah.

DanHibikiFanXM
12-18-2015, 07:36 PM
To be fair ComDev interaction doesn't mean much as Kimi and Antoine were pretty active during FS's production. That said, I have to admit I'm starting to warm up to the idea of Wildlands. Even if I don't believe in Ubisoft or their ability to deliver, I do believe in the community members that got to play the early build of the game. There is actually a lot of potential with Wildlands...I just want to like Ghost Recon again... ;_;

Cortexian
12-18-2015, 08:16 PM
the movement in that game is 2nd to none
Maybe on console versions, I just want to point out that on PC it felt very clunky and left much to be desired. The camera/movement system were my BIGGEST complaints about GRFS when it first came out on PC.

Just wanted to clear that up since GhostLeader- appears to be talking about the PC version.

TightNinja
12-19-2015, 06:22 AM
Cortex since you seem to be so close to the dev team. Can you explain why is there no split screen? no 16 player co-op? No multiplayer? What ever happened to LAN play? I have played 8 player GR in my own home and there nothing else out there like it.

Halo 5 skipped split screen and it pissed a lot of people off. WIldlands could differentiate itself on that feature alone.

f Also We miss the sixteen player co-op that was some of the best FPS gaming I have ever had. (GR 2 and Summit Strike and of course GRAW).

If they are going to stick to the "one player per system, online only co-op". then most of us will just pass this up as another failed GR game..Right now it has LESS content than Future soldier. and that is really really bad. If they were really listening they would just make GRAW3.

Pass that along would ya? I would appreciate it.

SuperBiscotCOT
12-19-2015, 09:51 AM
Cortex since you seem to be so close to the dev team. Can you explain why is there no split screen? no 16 player co-op? No multiplayer? What ever happened to LAN play? I have played 8 player GR in my own home and there nothing else out there like it.

Halo 5 skipped split screen and it pissed a lot of people off. WIldlands could differentiate itself on that feature alone.

f Also We miss the sixteen player co-op that was some of the best FPS gaming I have ever had. (GR 2 and Summit Strike and of course GRAW).

If they are going to stick to the "one player per system, online only co-op". then most of us will just pass this up as another failed GR game..Right now it has LESS content than Future soldier. and that is really really bad. If they were really listening they would just make GRAW3.

Pass that along would ya? I would appreciate it.

Guys why you always think : it was better before. On some points it's true but on the otherside it's false.
I understand that you want some features in-game but who knows maybe they already talked about it ? Maybe they didn't give any info but this is actually something already in devlopement.

I have to reconize that a split-screen mod would be great for GR WL not only because it would differanciate the game from the others but also because it's an unique experience with friends.
About PVP nothing has been confirmed but a lot of people think that it will be in the game .... we can just wait.

Cortexian
12-19-2015, 06:25 PM
As Bluefox said, I cannot explain why these things are not there, because I don't know if they are or if they aren't...

Rainbow Six Siege has LAN in it. We pushed hard for a LAN mode and good multiplayer technologies as a whole when we were in Paris. We stressed that there's nothing more frustrating than not being able to play due to technical multiplayer limitations. So who knows...

Nothing has been announced regarding split screen, player cap for different modes, PVP multiplayer, or LAN for Ghost Recon Wildlands. You're jumping to a lot of conclusions here based off no evidence.

That said, I got the distinct impression from the trailer and our time spent in Paris that this game was focused on the 4-man squad mode. Either yourself and 3 friendly AI, or yourself and a mixture of friends and AI. Personally, I see no reason why they should not include the ability for people to play on LAN. I also wanted the ability to potentially play with additional players. That said, the additional players thing gets complicated fast for a plethora of reasons.

Edit: I can't speak to split screen play. I'm a PC gamer, we don't go in for that sort of thing. I personally have very little experience with that, it seems like a neat feature to have. IMO the dev team should try to provide it.

TightNinja
12-19-2015, 08:24 PM
TightNinja, we don't know what won't be in Wildlands, but rest assured we are sure as hell pushing for PvP multiplayer. As it has always been the PvP maps and engine that are used for multiplayer co-op (more than 4 players) missions then I see those as being part of the same thing.

I know that this https://doc.co/yCiCNw was well received by the Dev team (it's a long read, LoL), although it doesn't mean we'll get what we're asking for. I'd love for current gamers to get a sense of what GR was like back in those Summit Strike and GRAW days, though, so will keep on it. Split screen support, and more particularly LAN support are really good points for the team to consider.

I came through the console route, but totally agree with you that a backward, sideways then a couple of forward steps were required to change the trajectory that GR had taken with Future Soldier. I think this has happened and the Paris team recognised it. My own reaction in the short time we got, was GR2/GRAW multiplayer meets the original campaign freedom, but on a next gen box in a huge open world. A recipe for a true GR classic.

Hey Bluefox, I read the Wildlands doc you created and I thought it was a great write up. I especially like the "analog gunsmith" very cool idea. I also agree that if your game is good, you shouldnt have to keep player interest with unlocks and prestige. I do think P2P with host migration should be apart of the game. We couldn't play GRAW2 right now otherwise. But I understand the need for dedicated servers as well.

I also agree that third person view is more realistic. In real life we have "awareness" of our surroundings, when a person runs up next to you, you "feel it "and "hear it" even without seeing it. Third person gives you the real life personal awareness that first person lacks. I know that people sneak up on me in FPS games these days that really shouldn't have. I especially hate the sprint knifing in an exo suit that is completely silent (looking at you Black ops 3)

Ultimately I wouldn't care if this came out late 2017 or early 2018. If it is the return of GRAW it will be totally worth it and I would pay over $100 for that experience.

TightNinja
12-19-2015, 08:31 PM
As Bluefox said, I cannot explain why these things are not there, because I don't know if they are or if they aren't...

Rainbow Six Siege has LAN in it. We pushed hard for a LAN mode and good multiplayer technologies as a whole when we were in Paris. We stressed that there's nothing more frustrating than not being able to play due to technical multiplayer limitations. So who knows...

Nothing has been announced regarding split screen, player cap for different modes, PVP multiplayer, or LAN for Ghost Recon Wildlands. You're jumping to a lot of conclusions here based off no evidence.

That said, I got the distinct impression from the trailer and our time spent in Paris that this game was focused on the 4-man squad mode. Either yourself and 3 friendly AI, or yourself and a mixture of friends and AI. Personally, I see no reason why they should not include the ability for people to play on LAN. I also wanted the ability to potentially play with additional players. That said, the additional players thing gets complicated fast for a plethora of reasons.

Edit: I can't speak to split screen play. I'm a PC gamer, we don't go in for that sort of thing. I personally have very little experience with that, it seems like a neat feature to have. IMO the dev team should try to provide it.

I have been playing PC split screen game since DOS on the 90's (cyber dogs anyone?) I hate when the console port drops the split screen when it goes PC. It doesn't make sense. Again differentiate Wildlands from the rest of the games out there. Plus PC's are more powerful, there is less excuse not to support split screen with SLI and Crossfire.

People who want split screen don't mind if it the spit screen resolution drops to 720p at 60 fps. They value playing with there friends and family over anything else. In the past 3 months alone I have played Serious Sam 3 BFE 8 player 3 times. Call of duty has been doing it for a while now (althogh not on PC) IT is part of the reason it still reign supreme..

It time to dethrone CoD. GRAW3 is best way to do it....period.

Cortexian
12-20-2015, 08:43 AM
The reason the split screen trend is fading is because Internet connections have improved to the point where the majority of gamers would rather stay home and play online than make the trek to a friends house and play split screen. The numbers and statistics are against you unfortunately, but IMO that should not matter and the option should still be provided (especially for consoles).

Personally, I've always hated split-screen. The drop in resolution to accommodate it hits me too hard. When I was in the core of my Xbox 360 days I would haul my own console and monitor with a VGA port and Xbox 360 VGA adapter over to a friends house and play system link rather than share a screen with someone. Not to mention screen-looking.

Don't get me wrong here... Even though I'm personally against the idea, and it doesn't appeal to me, I'm still aware that it does to some people. And with that in mind I think it should be a thing.

As for split-screen on a PC... Just no. Sharing a keyboard and/or mouse on those older games was never what I would call "fun". Running multiple controllers or devices off a PC... Well, it can be done, but it's even less popular than split screen gaming on console.

Also I'm not entirely sure SLI or Crossfire technologies would actually help much in rendering two difference scenes. It might just be better to dedicated GPU's to a certain player in instances like that. Obviously PC hardware is more flexible in this regard.

Lolssi
12-21-2015, 10:35 AM
I also agree that third person view is more realistic. In real life we have "awareness" of our surroundings, when a person runs up next to you, you "feel it "and "hear it" even without seeing it. Third person gives you the real life personal awareness that first person lacks. I know that people sneak up on me in FPS games these days that really shouldn't have. I especially hate the sprint knifing in an exo suit that is completely silent (looking at you Black ops 3).
Hate to do this since this doesn't serve any purpose really but.. If you can't hear by footsteps and other sounds where the other person is then the game has bad sound design or your setup is just lacking. Same goes with periphal vision, it is all about monitor and video settings.
Personally I have played FPS games so much that I usually have awereness what is around me and can move to direction that I'm not looking without getting stuck to objects, but each to their own :) Also I often bumb into objects in 3rd person games that are infront of me because movement is often so wacky. Unfortunately good FPS games are dying breed.

Just Fugu
12-21-2015, 02:46 PM
Will people stop asking for GRAW they wasn't exactly the best GR games, they was a pick up and play shooter.

IMO just bring back summit strike HD and I'd be happy.

Ghost Sniper33
12-28-2015, 07:46 PM
Will people stop asking for GRAW they wasn't exactly the best GR games, they was a pick up and play shooter.

IMO just bring back summit strike HD and I'd be happy.

Ahh GR:SSthat was the last good GR game.

And I don't get why M$ even lets games out with out Split screen. If it really is one player per box why would you ever by a second controler? why double any preferential?

jeannaq
12-28-2015, 09:03 PM
Ahh GR:SSthat was the last good GR game.

And I don't get why M$ even lets games out with out Split screen. If it really is one player per box why would you ever by a second controler? why double any preferential?

Sadly video games are changing and not always for the better. More and more it appears that developers and publishers are only concerned with the bottom line and that is how much money they can get out of gamers.
Also I rather liked the GRAW games. I guess it really is personal preference on the best.

Ghost Sniper33
12-28-2015, 09:14 PM
Sadly video games are changing and not always for the better. More and more it appears that developers and publishers are only concerned with the bottom line and that is how much money they can get out of gamers.
Also I rather liked the GRAW games. I guess it really is personal preference on the best.
Yea I'm just suprised both M$, and Sony who have the consol market cornered allow it to cut on thier profits and ability to sell more.

and jsut curious did you play GR2 / GR:SS or earlier games?- not a dig i promise just not many people i've heard prefur it over earlier games - but if you do thats cool like you said - its all personal taste

Graw wasn't bad - just not as good, and kinf of shows where the recent games have lowered the bar that being on par with GRAW make this game great- when in reality they should be striving to be better then GR:SS(my opnion) or whatever the best game is - not getting back to that level

jeannaq
12-29-2015, 07:00 AM
Yea I'm just suprised both M$, and Sony who have the consol market cornered allow it to cut on thier profits and ability to sell more.

and jsut curious did you play GR2 / GR:SS or earlier games?- not a dig i promise just not many people i've heard prefur it over earlier games - but if you do thats cool like you said - its all personal taste

Graw wasn't bad - just not as good, and kinf of shows where the recent games have lowered the bar that being on par with GRAW make this game great- when in reality they should be striving to be better then GR:SS(my opnion) or whatever the best game is - not getting back to that level

Personally I think they remove split screen so everyone has to buy a copy of the game which means more money. Except generally the people who play the game and want split screen have already bought their own anyways.
I have, I own GR2 and I have played around half the story in Summit Strike, but I don't own it. They were great games, and I do occasionally go back to GR 2. Now this may just be me, but I found GR 2 to be a little more arcady. Then I really enjoyed the cover based fighting and the little more open the missions were.

Ghost Sniper33
12-29-2015, 10:10 PM
Good deal, Ther are parts of GRAW that were good like the cover vs jsut standing behind the wall type.

I just thought the gun mechanics and bullets were more life like in GR2. and it was harder for someone to run and gun and be successful, team play seemed a bit more required in GR2, but could have been who i was playing with

jeannaq
12-30-2015, 01:41 AM
Good deal, Ther are parts of GRAW that were good like the cover vs jsut standing behind the wall type.

I just thought the gun mechanics and bullets were more life like in GR2. and it was harder for someone to run and gun and be successful, team play seemed a bit more required in GR2, but could have been who i was playing with

I will give GR 2 that one, bullets were a lot scarier in that one, which is one think I found a little odd in GRAW is how many shots it takes to kill, but in a way it makes sense if the other guy is wearing body armor.

Lolssi
12-30-2015, 09:36 AM
In GRAWs I guess it was about bullet size since I used mostly Barret M99 and that baby pretty much one hitted everybody no matter if I hit them in arm or leg. Actually bullet size has mattered in all good GR and R6 titles.

jeannaq
12-30-2015, 05:35 PM
In GRAWs I guess it was about bullet size since I used mostly Barret M99 and that baby pretty much one hitted everybody no matter if I hit them in arm or leg. Actually bullet size has mattered in all good GR and R6 titles.

It better! The .50 BMG is an anti-material round designed to punch through light armor on vehicles. The poor person who gets hit with one of those probably has more in common with red jello than body parts. Just as a little visual for you. The round on the right is a .50 BMG,the round used in the sniper rifle, and the one on the left is a 5.56 NATO, the round used by many of the assault rifles in game.
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/4c/00/da/4c00dac53c49ba4769c765492ef9aa4a.jpg

Ghost Sniper33
12-30-2015, 07:56 PM
Yeah there were a few essential differences as well.

No hit markers meant you had to be more sure of what you were doing. No kill scroll made it really important to talk to your team mates properly in matches especially non respawn. Sometimes you would only know that you were the last guy left alive because your buddy didn't answer back when you spoke to him.
I do miss being forced to talk and how creappy it was to not hear anything back. and not knowing how many were alive on the other side

GiveMeTactical
12-31-2015, 09:22 PM

I can almost guarantee this fact...

The game will launch broken like the others have in the past (Piracy will be blame for it of course! http://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20130918.419/images/smilies/rolleyes.png). Patch (oh, sorry... update 1.1) will be a launch day pre-requisite... patch 1.2 will be next but not after 1 or 2 DLCs are already milked away.

Now maybe people will understand that MANY things have been already done with our feedbacks and that for the moment you can only trust.
Also I think that Cortexian or AI_Bluefox will never lie to us it's certainly not in there interesst.
Perhaps not willingly, unless of course Ubisoft paid each one O N E... M I L L I O N... D O L L A R S http://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20130918.419/images/smilies/wink.png. But, how many times have we seen Alpha or Beta trailers only to get the same crap churned out at launch day?

Also, I asked this again before but I guess I will ask again... why are you guys testing the PC game with Game controllers and not Mouse and Keyboard? That just leaves me an even more funny and empty feeling that the port will be a crappy one.

I also agree that third person view is more realistic
I am sorry but to me this makes as much sense as believing that Reality TV Shows are "Real" when in fact they are more scripted than make believe TV shows. I don't understand the logic behind "this more realistic" when in real life there is no such thing as you watching the back of your head when you are walking or staying behind cover but have the capability of seeing your surroundings.

That it has become the norm and we have gotten used to it? sure... I will agree with that but I remember having a hellacious fun time when I was playing OGR and having none of this Next Gen Games "Reality" games seem to have now and I am sure that if someone had the balls to come out with a normal view FPS game, we would probably hate it at the beginning only to praise it after a while.

No, I am not looking for an ARMA type game where you have a gazillion options for buttons to push and super duper real stuff because after all, it is a game I am playing but I also don't want a dumb down version where UBI has to take me by the hand and script the hell out of scene to make me accomplish something. It is not that it is hard because once you find the magic scripted number, you can make the accomplishment easily.

Snowman2372
01-02-2016, 05:26 PM
Well, in the rough nature that is the forums, allow me to contribute. What I say, shouldn't be taken in a negative manner.

To comment on what has been said both by members of the forum, Community Managers, and the Dev Team..

"Different Teams"

Ok, I will allow you that. Different teams of the company develop these games. However, what I will not allow you to do is hide behind some facade of immunity from the backlash of failure. Ubisoft as a whole is the one who sets standards for the teams, and establishes hiring practices and performance measurement for ALL teams. As a consumer, we do not care if it was Singapore, Montreal, or Paris who develops the product, UBISOFT is the name we recognize immediately and the blame goes to that. Its called quality control and consistency, without it a company doesn't hold much worth in the long term.

"Making the Best Game Possible"

Cool! Want to guess how many other companies, teams, ect have said this, and still failed to deliver? I appreciate the teams putting in the hours, and overtime. I can understand how hard it is as I've done my fair share in my own career. However, really, stop using statements like these. You are building a "hype train" for no reason. If you deliver the best game, then POST launch you can come out and do a video talking all about it, until then, keep the bottles chilled and don't celebrate before you even start. Ubsioft's failures as of recent have left more than enough people skeptical of your performance and the games outcome.

"Developing for X Years"

This is one that really baffles me for several reasons. Mind you, I am not a programmer or anything -- I used to do modding and game design for games back in the day though. So if you would, please explain why these games are taking several years, with multi-million dollar budgets, and rarely producing what you show at E3, let alone anything that warrants such a lengthy development process. Rainbow Six Siege for example, people are praising the "advanced destruction", I can recall destructive environments all the way back to Red Faction (over a decade ago). In the case of Wildlands, what I currently see is an engine and graphical update of the game Mercenaries. So, what are you bringing to the table exactly, aside from some unique aspects such as the country of play.

"Rainbow Six Siege"

Well, where to start with this one.. Lets just say there were quite a few things shown, and promised that were not delivered. From an Offline Terrorist Hunt mode, to how the opposition appeared to the player in game. Plenty of claims were made in that games development process, grandiose claims of the massive weapons and attachment pool, to the levels and mechanics. I can assure you, it is quite possibly the most bare bones game I have played in a while, certainly from a AAA developer. With its current state, it simply doesn't have the staying power of other titles. Onto the issues of servers and stability; There isn't much there. A quick jump into those forums and you can see first hand the disappointment of the community. From constant disconnects, not syn'ing data, hackers running rampant (on PC), and more. To further the separation and alienation of the gamers Ubisoft has conveniently taken up with a "No Naming and Shaming" policy, instead telling the community to report these hacker incidents to the Support Team. So effectively you have knee capped the gamers, forcing them to report incidents to a support team who does nothing, and at the same time, not allowing the players to keep their own community tabs on hackers-- Way to be a super star here guys.

Adding to the community policing, members have started running their own tests to really see how effective FairFight and the Ubisoft Support team are. Needless to say, since launch, these "testers" have been running hacks (Aimbotting, Wallhacks, ect), then reporting them selves to the Support Teams for further action. No action has been taken, except for the case of 1 out of the 15 supposedly testing the system.

"We were in Paris, and its different this time"

I know, as a person, especially a consumer, you really hope it will be different this time around. Sadly, if the last few years hasn't been a wake up call to you, you are naive, denying it, well that just reinforces it. It is incredibly easy for a person to sit there and pretend to care and listen, especially before an Alpha stage of the game. Some stuff may make it into the drawing boards, but most, will not. Again, in the shoes of a businessman, I will do what I need to in order to make the sale, and that is all that needs to be done. Try and return a game these days, few places do it, some will for store credit, but in the PC world, you are SOL due to this wondrous convenience of digital download-- you can't return it. To give you most recent examples, look at Ubisoft again for Siege. Go ahead, look at the forum from the first couple weeks, you will see a lot of people attempting for refunds, all to no avail, people just started giving up.

Just wanted to voice some things, that is all. Most will be ignored, or written off by forum members and their respective "clicks". My favorite is the "You're acting like an entitled brat", classy. Like I said, don't take anything in a negative manner, just take it in as advice, or warning to avoid previous pitfalls, and if nothing else, admit failure if and when it happens as in life, sometimes your best just simply isn't good enough. It will always be better to admit rather than a poor attempt to deflect blame or shortcomings. In essence, I care about results, not some hollow promises (much like in my own career, as I hold others to it), and due to your track record, you are being judged prior to launch for good reason.

Snowman2372
01-03-2016, 03:11 PM
Bluefox,

I hope you are right, about them caring. I really do, as gaming is something I and many others around here are passionate about it (if we weren't, we wouldn't be on the forums). One strategy I am seeing to become more and more viable is to do a pre-order through a third party company (such as Gamestop) to get access to a beta around launch, and see where the game is at; If all goes well, sure I will stick with the preorder, if not, the probability of things changing between Beta and Launch are very very slim as there is little time before the final beta and launch (in The Divisions case)

As for my experience with Ubisoft, largely, hasn't been as bad as some other people have been experiencing. Without shame, the very first game I grabbed for Playstation 1, was Rayman, mind you I had been on PC and previous consoles doing other games. I had enjoyed my time with Assassins Creed, though I stopped with ACIII as I was largely playing the same game, with just a slightly different story. Siege however left a sour impression with me though as I couldn't recall any recent time a game left me with almost nothing, yet charging a full game price. Many gamers, including my self felt robbed at this fact, as in its current state of content it should have been a Free to Download and Play style game. I have seen even those type of games provide leaps and bounds of material, structure and game stability over what was pumped out with Siege.

I'm happy that you have had a good experience with Siege, and I at the same time was able to play in a solid environment while I had access to the game, however I did come across some of the issues that have been plaguing the community. Yes, it is true that only a small percentage of gamers use the forums, and for any real gauge as to performance, the results are skewed because of it, however with the lack of communication we have seen from both Community Managers, and Devs, it does not bode well for the overall attitude towards Ubisoft.

What I mean is that for the constant growth of issue, outrage, demanding of refunds, ect type posts you see on the forums (Siege being used as its the most recent launch of Ubisoft), we see very little in terms of communication to quell the anger. Instead CM's are issuing the same blanket script statements, under the guise of "concern" and "priority", yet we have no timelines, patch notes, or anything. Lack of communication has alienated so much of the forum community over there, that people are reaching a point of no return in terms of further Ubisoft purchases.

Either way, like I said, I really do hope that "Different" teams will somehow mean something, I hope that somehow it will be different with The Division, and Ghost Recon Wildlands, and hope that communication somehow improves. One thing I do not rely on though, is hope, as it tends to be the reliance on someone else's abilities to perform as you need them too. Instead I expect failure, simply due to the fact that IF they succeed, I will be pleasantly surprised and happily spread word of pleasure with the game to others, however, should they fail, well.. Business as usual and at the very least something to play for only a month or two (assuming servers work)

GiveMeTactical
01-03-2016, 04:43 PM
Well said Snowman... short, concise, precise and to the point.

See you guys at launch time!

Oh and Bluefox... that was my attempt at a good Austin Powers stab joke! Sorry, if it got lost in the heat of the moment.

UbiKeeba
01-04-2016, 07:20 PM
Snowman, it's unfortunate that you feel this way about Ubisoft. I can assure you that the entire team is really working hard to make an amazing game. My hope is that your concerns are met with the best responses for you, and that you will be able to see just how much hard work and devotion has gone into GRW at launch. :)

TightNinja
10-07-2016, 02:23 AM
Need to bump this topic...Wildlands looks to be a failure...why play this over Division?

Where is GRAW3? Where is my 16 player co-op campaign? Where are my 23 customization game modes (firefight, missons, domination, elimination etc etc)?

I swear the tech industry is the only industry that continue to COMPLETELY ignore what people really want. It is as if programmers say "I gama programmer, I am smarter than you, and therefore know better" Then they cry when nobody buys the game or its critically panned, just look at the XBox One when it was released and where it is now.

Ghost Recon fans want Ghost recon...not a Game that is an 1/8 of what the Division is. LISTEN TO THE FANS!! This is not hard hard stuff people.

Sp--pyBrown
10-07-2016, 07:09 AM
Need to bump this topic...Wildlands looks to be a failure...why play this over Division?

Where is GRAW3? Where is my 16 player co-op campaign? Where are my 23 customization game modes (firefight, missons, domination, elimination etc etc)?

I swear the tech industry is the only industry that continue to COMPLETELY ignore what people really want. It is as if programmers say "I gama programmer, I am smarter than you, and therefore know better" Then they cry when nobody buys the game or its critically panned, just look at the XBox One when it was released and where it is now.

Ghost Recon fans want Ghost recon...not a Game that is an 1/8 of what the Division is. LISTEN TO THE FANS!! This is not hard hard stuff people.

They're only making money. Kids want twitch shooters with instant gratification, Ubi makes twitch shooters. The good ol' days are gone as far as Ubisoft is concerned.

Cortexian
10-08-2016, 07:32 AM

As someone who has played a lot of The Division and still enjoys it, and someone that has already played some early versions of Wildlands... I can say there's definitely "more" in Wildlands. I'll be playing it a lot more than I ever played The Division.

Flaw3dGenius23
10-08-2016, 03:13 PM

Do people really want GRAW3? Graw was the start of the downward spira for the seriesl. I'd much rather they went back to basics and gave us a proper Ghost Recon game, Hell i reckon Ubi could do an indie Ghost Recon title based on the games before GRAW priced at 20 and it would be better than GRAW, FS and this current Wildlands put together.

HalStep
10-08-2016, 04:59 PM

speaking for myself,i don't want and have no interest the division.i don't want any game with an online only provision that becomes useless as soon as they turn the servers off,wildlands looks like a good balance of online tactical team co-op that can be played completely offline,assuming they get the AI up to a playable level.

i accept the issue is my own and perhaps it is to do with my age since i started gaming on my brothers zx spectrum,got my own megadrive,original xbox and every generation of playstation.i have never sold a game and am happy in the thought i can pop any disc/cartridge in and know i can play it.

i do buy digital games but usually only in steam/humble bundle sales for less than 5.in short sod the division,wildlands looks great.

AI BLUEFOX
10-10-2016, 09:37 PM
What a load of bull0cks

For a shooter (TPS/FPS) on PC NOT to have native keyboard and mouse support at week 1 of coding for the game
seems like a utter JOKE , let alone a play test event

What REAL GAMER would choose a noob joypad controller over Keyboard and mouse for RTS+RPG+FPS+TPS

Hell a good example of events using KEYBOARD AND MOUSE was the Battlefield 1 event that they had serveral (lots actually) PC's
setup with Keyboard and mouse

TPS does NOT work better with joypad , it only works "Better " on console is because thats the only bl00dy interface option you get

The PC players, most of the play test guys were PC, can talk to you about the controller set up used for their play sessions. It didn't really effect me much because I'm a noob and I'm not a real gamer.

I hope you enjoy Battlefield 1 on a keyboard as much as I will on a controller, likewise with Wildlands. I'm not angry about you using a keyboard, LoL, each to his own.

GiveMeTactical
10-13-2016, 04:25 AM
Another thing I asked but of course they assured us the game is being made on PC so we have nothing to worry about reagrding KB+M working perfectly... just like they have told us we will get 3 teammate ai when playing solo so... what is there to worry about..

I am not worried... is anybody here worried? LOL

AI BLUEFOX
10-13-2016, 12:43 PM
Are you choosing the right data centre? If you are then that ping is down to you and your ISP.

AI BLUEFOX
10-13-2016, 08:33 PM
Not quite, snoopyau.

Yes R6 uses Azure but that is a much better option than physical servers going out of date and hitting max capacity. Extra server space is instantly available and advances in server hardware such as Microsoft's new F Series that came out in June this year can be used. I don't know if R6 is using them yet, but you see the point I'm sure. Virtual servers running in the cloud is how all dedicated game server services will be run, it is the future.

The networking functions are nothing to do with being a console port and R6 has server browsing with full dedicated server space free of charge. It is how we play our competive matches; you simply have to choose that option. Whilst you squad up in P2P you join a dedicated server when you are matched up with an opposing team in public matchmaking, casual or ranked. It is simply not true that you play non terrorist hunt matches without being on a dedicated server. Terrorist hunt is P2P but arguably that is better for a group of friends playing bots anyway.

As you are on PC, you can select your data centre which provides a form of rudimentary ping filtering and the game kicks players with a high ping once in the server. In your screenshot that player is you, the pings of the other players show that you are the one with the problem not the server or you would all be showing a high ping.

AI BLUEFOX
10-13-2016, 09:57 PM
"since the Xbone and PS4 are built on x86 architecture (same as PCs) then there is no need to port games any more"
You should tell the team/studio/company behind behind:-
PC GRFS
PC AC Unity
PC Watch dogs 1

PC Deus Ex: The Fall
PC Titanfall 1
PC COD GHOST
PC COD BO3
PC Batman: Arkham Knight

PC Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
PC No Mans Sky
PC Mafia 3 PC
PC Quantum Break
PC Forza U3

GRFS developed for last gen console
AC Unity released in 2014
Watch Dogs 1 developed for last gen console

Deus Ex : The Fall developed for Android and IOS, why is this one even relevant
Titanfall 1 Ported the other way to and not from the 360 and released later
COD Ghost developed for last gen console
COD BO3 ported backwards to last gen consoles losing some features as a result
Batman Arkham Knight a terrible PC version, but the issue wasn't porting the base code it was the frame rate lock and poor support for top end graphics cards.

etc etc

The point isn't that the graphics output is poorly implemented for some games on PC it is that the base code is the same. There is no need to "port" as we are talking about the way GRFS for instance was a full port.

AI BLUEFOX
10-14-2016, 02:22 PM
Snoopy, you're snootiness towards console players could be toned down a little don't ya think?

You are mixing up issues here. GRFS didn't have a server browser on consoles either, something that the console community were as equally upset about as the PC community. We are no different to you in wanting to be able to set up and customise our own server rooms. As I pointed out you can do this on R6.

Also, cloud servers and tick rate along with P2P networking are entirely different things. R6 had its tick rate upped to 60 back in January (one of the benefits of being by on an Azure service) and the decision to go P2P (not something I think was a great idea, reread my multiplayer piece) for joining your squad before getting a server space is nothing to do with console or cloud based servers.

Maybe watch something other than those dreadful videos. I'm sat at work right now waiting for a server recongfiguration to finish by the way; 300 users were locked out of an application that I originally wrote for the company this morning and production stopped. Nothing to do with me, a server support team missed a step to adjust all the users accounts last night when the server set up was changed. I wish we were on Azure I can tell you. Also when I get home I'm going nowhere near a PC, console for me all day every day! I get enough PC time as it is.

AI BLUEFOX
10-15-2016, 02:07 PM
The games are developed on PC now, snoopy, that's the point. They don't need to be developed on console hardware.

I hope you see the significance of that.

GiveMeTactical
10-15-2016, 04:47 PM
It is very hard to swallow that notion for most PC gamers as we have not seen it happening yet... so far, what we have seen is the crappy and UN-optimized console to PC porting games. But I am keeping an open mind, even if it is hard from what we have not seen so far, that GRWL will have all the bells and whistles for the PC.

Cortexian
10-20-2016, 07:37 AM
I'm still of the opinion that the popularity of console gaming DOES HOLD BACK the PC gaming potential in a lot of areas.

As much as we'd like the PC version of a game to be built from the ground up for PC, it's just not feasible to make the same game with different teams on multiple platforms. This is why game development software and workflow has started to get more and more generic from platform to platform. At this point you basically build the game once, then click "Save As" and select either "PC", "Xbox One", or "PlayStation 4".

Obviously it's not exactly that easy, and many changes and specific work need to be done for each platform, but the core game is designed once and then just exported out for each of the respectful platforms.

Because of this, certain limits DO NEED TO BE IMPLEMENTED. Some of these limits are because a console simply isn't capable of some things a PC are, and because of this some things never happen that SHOULD happen on the PC version.

Networking, dedicated server software, server browsers in-game, and mod support are some things that consoles either have no use for or can simply not support without PC support. Because of this, they typically get side-lined or cut from the PC versions of games... This really sucks, and I really hope that Ubisoft doesn't shaft the PC community with a lack of proper PC features and support when it comes to Wildlands and all other future PC titles.

AI BLUEFOX
10-20-2016, 06:48 PM
Server browsers in-game and mod support are both available on console games. I don't believe you can claim consoles hold back PC features because consoles pay for the game development in the titles that are multi platform. Dedicated PC games, then fill your boots with all the PC features.

You cant say consoles have held back Wildlands, because without the console market the game wouldn't exist to even have PC features in the first place.

Cortexian
10-21-2016, 05:14 AM
Server browsers in-game and mod support are both available on console games. I don't believe you can claim consoles hold back PC features because consoles pay for the game development in the titles that are multi platform. Dedicated PC games, then fill your boots with all the PC features.

You cant say consoles have held back Wildlands, because without the console market the game wouldn't exist to even have PC features in the first place.
You're right, those features have been implemented on console. Badly, and with significant handicaps in comparison to what PC gamers are used to.

That's my point. Devs implement similar things on console, call it good enough and then slap it into the PC version as well and say "hey look, we added that thing you wanted". In reality it's only a half-finished attempt most of the time.

A great example was how the Rainbow Six Siege team kept saying that the game would have dedicated servers. The community took this as: distributed dedicated server software that a player could install on any computer they wanted (with LAN or WAN connectivity) and host a server of their own. This did not happen. Technically at the most basic level Rainbow Six Siege is using a dedicated server system (unlike a cloud-based system), using dedicated computer/server hardware to host the programs and services needed to make the online multiplayer components work.

All games do this though, and it's not what players wanted when asking for dedicated servers. When players ask for dedicated servers they're talking about having access to the dedicated server software, in order to either host their own server on a local PC they have and let others connect to it from the Internet (less than ideal), or rent or colocate a server in a datacenter with a proper network link and redundancy (ideal). These dedicated servers would broadcast their modes and settings to an in-game server browser so players could then choose to play on the server they wanted, with the people and settings they wanted to play with.

Almost none of those features actually made it into Siege, and yet, they "still have dedicated servers" according to Ubisoft.

</rant>

TL;DR: Consoles hold back PC gaming because consoles need to be handicapped in certain ways to cater to their "accessibility" and "convenience".

UbiKeeba
10-21-2016, 03:44 PM
This thread seems to be turning into a console vs. PC fight. You guys should know by now that these forums are not the place to have that conversation. Both platforms are valid, and it all boils down to personal preference. I am closing this thread as it has been derailed and gotten off topic.

Please refrain in the future from PC vs. Console wars on these forums. The argument does nothing but eventually devolve into toxicity, and I won't tolerate it.

CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG.