PDA

View Full Version : ADVICE please-Been caught out by Ubisoft too many times! Is PC Syndicateplayable yet?

Stormster72
12-09-2015, 10:22 PM
ADVICE please - Been caught out by Ubisoft too many times! IsSyndicate playable on PC yet?!

As title says, I’ve been a big fan of the Assassins Creedseries with exception of the last couple of releases, simply because they were not ready to be released on PC and were not playable. As someone who lives inthe UK I’m keen to give Syndicate a go, but would rather not buy anything fromUbisoft for let’s say... several months (being kind!) after release as I don’t wantto Beta test the product I want to actually play it.
So rant over, is it actually ready play at high settings yet? I gave up on Unity after it still wasn’t playable 2 months after release,really hoping Syndicate is ready to play?

RVSage
12-09-2015, 10:55 PM
It is playable on cards from day 1 without nvidia gameworks enabled. What is your config?

YazX_
12-09-2015, 10:59 PM
Game runs smooth for me, no problems at all, game breaking issues got addressed with latest patch and yet another patch will be coming soon since consoles already got it, for me the game is excellent in alot of ways and i'm on my second play through, had 42 hours to complete it 100% and got 2 crashes, once after skipping a cut-scene and another one when finishing a side mission , nothing major though.

Razrback16
12-10-2015, 02:12 AM
Depends on your hardware. SLI doesn't scale well currently so if you're using multi GPU just be aware of that going in. Game runs pretty good for me for the most part. There is a Helix rift in the game that is sort of a set of side missions with some additional present day story in it that is currently not very functional - causing repeated crashes to desktop for many users (myself included). Hopefully they'll get that fixed in the next patch.

Frag_Maniac
12-10-2015, 03:22 AM
No patch has properly addressed the performance issues yet, and I'm very skeptical the next will because the last one had claims of stability and performance fixes across the 3 platforms, yet many are still stuck with bad or even worse performance.

If you want to get an accurate idea, visit the Syndicate Steam Forum, not a Ubi sponsored forum. No one works for Ubi over there.

strigoi1958
12-10-2015, 03:35 AM
i would probably say for millions of people yes but not for you.... it's like me saying I've never eaten an onion will I like it ? it's personal taste... I had over 700 hours in Unity and loved every minute... never had a single game breaking bug, met hundreds of really nice people from all around the world from every single continent and playing co-op with a Peruvian, an Egyptian and an Australian was just one of many amazing things Unity gave me....

If you gave a million people a million pounds each, most would be very happy but some will complain all the 50 notes are bundled up in rubber bands and they should have been presented in a gold case encrusted with gems.... unfortunately you cannot please everyone. My advice is Syndicate is a fantastic game but I feel your bias towards it will probably make you look for the rubber bands and overlook the enormous wealth that Syndicate has to offer.

Frag_Maniac
12-10-2015, 11:49 AM
Rubberbands shcmubberbands, the lackluster sales speak for themselves.

Stormster72
12-10-2015, 07:34 PM
It is playable on cards from day 1 without nvidia gameworks enabled. What is your config?

I prettymuch suck and understanding anything computer hardware related! So just get anupgrade once a year or so to a high end system, running an i7 with 8 cores(thinkthat’s how you say it!) and have 2 x titanX graphics cards as I;m running in5700x1200 on 3 x 4k monitors. I can pretty much set any game to max setting andeverything runs fine, except most Ubisoft games when they launch, took monthsbefore Unity was playable. I see some comments saying multiple GPUs might cause issues though? Would I be better of taking card out?!

Thankseveryone for replying

RVSage
12-10-2015, 08:08 PM
syndicate was a top selling game in october-november and steam rating is 9/10 so most users don't agree with you , wonder when people with bias against ubi will ever stop you know

RVSage
12-10-2015, 08:10 PM
I prettymuch suck and understanding anything computer hardware related! So just get anupgrade once a year or so to a high end system, running an i7 with 8 cores(thinkthat’s how you say it!) and have 2 x titanX graphics cards as I;m running in5700x1200 on 3 x 4k monitors. I can pretty much set any game to max setting andeverything runs fine, except most Ubisoft games when they launch, took monthsbefore Unity was playable. I see some comments saying multiple GPUs might cause issues though? Would I be better of taking card out?!

Thankseveryone for replying

SLI has known issues. Try to play it on a single card. if you want. or you have to wait for a patch

YazX_
12-10-2015, 08:20 PM

AC4:Black flag sales started like AC:Syndicate and in the end it sold 10 million copies after the holidays, on another note game has alot of positive reviews from all reviewers and users, ofcourse there will be some who didn't like it but the vast majority are giving the game a positive review.

Frag_Maniac
12-10-2015, 10:46 PM
https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&as_q=AC+Syndicate+lackluster+sales&as_epq=&as_oq=&as_eq=&as_nlo=&as_nhi=&lr=&cr=&as_qdr=all&as_sitesearch=&as_occt=any&safe=images&as_filetype=&as_rights=

This subject comes up a lot on forums, including Steam. Only 1200 reviews so far, WAY less than most other AAA holiday reviews. Black Flag started out stale because it was a jump to naval battle and an entirely different pirate scenario. The difference is it was WAY better technically and had good variety, including cool underwater places, treasure hunting with map coordinates, REAL purchases and upgrades for property vs passive, and a very good story with several well known characters, vs very contrived scenarios, like ****ens being reduced to silly ghost hunts.

^I mean take a look, they can't even respect author Charles enough to avoid censoring his name here on their forum!:rolleyes:

Syndicate has picture association Secrets of London, which can start out feeling interesting, only to quickly grow long in the tooth, with a VERY insulting reward at the end. Black Flag rewards you constantly AS you play. I really liked finding ship upgrade schematics via treasures. I could get into the carriage aspect a LOT more if performance weren't so bad riding them and they didn't have motion blur locked to them. Overall AC, except for Rogue, has become more about eye candy big cities with shallow, repetitive gameplay.

Don't forget that Syndicate rides on the heels of the also very poor launching Unity. Many correctly predicted Syndicate would be just as much a mess technically, and it was, and still is. About the only ones praising performance are on high end Nvidia talking on Ubi forums. Many using even that kind of spec reveal how disappointing it really is on Steam forums.

So yeah, there may be a post holiday surge in sales, but my guess is not much of one if at all unless they actually manage to put out a decent performance patch without sabotaging graphics further like they already have with LOD and the many crashes reported. For many of us, 1.21 is actually worse than 1.12, and Ubi seem oblivious to what we're saying.

If the game were doing so great as many insist, they wouldn't be dropping the price to 50%. Yeah I know holiday sales are typical this time of year, but this large a price cut this soon reeks of their bean counters suggesting maybe they'll sell 3 times as many units and clear more profit, because at full price, most are thumbing their noses. Most holiday sales of something brand new and popular would be WAY less a discount than 50%, but when a launch tanks, it's bargain bin time in a desperate attempt at damage control.

So let's be clear, when you come back and talk about post holiday sales, talk in terms of actual profits, not units sold, because the discounts somewhat skew things. Ubi are CLEARLY in bed with Nvidia though, and I think that is largely what's hurting their rep. They certainly can't blame the performance problems all on them though. This engine wasn't really made to handle this intense of games very well it seems.

For now though, the majority of a minority isn't really saying much. I mean look at the AAA title competition and the numbers they're doing. And it's only a majority on Steam really, where it's a mere like or dislike system. Look at Metacritic user scores and they average only 5.7/10 on all 3 platforms. Some exaggerate ratings with 0s, but others do the same with 10s, and overall, the critic reviews are still high. So that means a LOT of users don't agree with critics, whom can be untrustworthy for various reasons.

RVSage
12-11-2015, 01:44 AM
https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&as_q=AC+Syndicate+lackluster+sales&as_epq=&as_oq=&as_eq=&as_nlo=&as_nhi=&lr=&cr=&as_qdr=all&as_sitesearch=&as_occt=any&safe=images&as_filetype=&as_rights=

This subject comes up a lot on forums, including Steam. Only 1200 reviews so far, WAY less than most other AAA holiday reviews. Black Flag started out stale because it was a jump to naval battle and an entirely different pirate scenario. The difference is it was WAY better technically and had good variety, including cool underwater places, treasure hunting with map coordinates, REAL purchases and upgrades for property vs passive, and a very good story with several well known characters, vs very contrived scenarios, like ****ens being reduced to silly ghost hunts.

^I mean take a look, they can't even respect author Charles enough to avoid censoring his name here on their forum!:rolleyes:

Syndicate has picture association Secrets of London, which can start out feeling interesting, only to quickly grow long in the tooth, with a VERY insulting reward at the end. Black Flag rewards you constantly AS you play. I really liked finding ship upgrade schematics via treasures. I could get into the carriage aspect a LOT more if performance weren't so bad riding them and they didn't have motion blur locked to them. Overall AC, except for Rogue, has become more about eye candy big cities with shallow, repetitive gameplay.

Don't forget that Syndicate rides on the heels of the also very poor launching Unity. Many correctly predicted Syndicate would be just as much a mess technically, and it was, and still is. About the only ones praising performance are on high end Nvidia talking on Ubi forums. Many using even that kind of spec reveal how disappointing it really is on Steam forums.

So yeah, there may be a post holiday surge in sales, but my guess is not much of one if at all unless they actually manage to put out a decent performance patch without sabotaging graphics further like they already have with LOD and the many crashes reported. For many of us, 1.21 is actually worse than 1.12, and Ubi seem oblivious to what we're saying.

If the game were doing so great as many insist, they wouldn't be dropping the price to 50%. Yeah I know holiday sales are typical this time of year, but this large a price cut this soon reeks of their bean counters suggesting maybe they'll sell 3 times as many units and clear more profit, because at full price, most are thumbing their noses. Most holiday sales of something brand new and popular would be WAY less a discount than 50%, but when a launch tanks, it's bargain bin time in a desperate attempt at damage control.

So let's be clear, when you come back and talk about post holiday sales, talk in terms of actual profits, not units sold, because the discounts somewhat skew things. Ubi are CLEARLY in bed with Nvidia though, and I think that is largely what's hurting their rep. They certainly can't blame the performance problems all on them though. This engine wasn't really made to handle this intense of games very well it seems.

For now though, the majority of a minority isn't really saying much. I mean look at the AAA title competition and the numbers they're doing. And it's only a majority on Steam really, where it's a mere like or dislike system. Look at Metacritic user scores and they average only 5.7/10 on all 3 platforms. Some exaggerate ratings with 0s, but others do the same with 10s, and overall, the critic reviews are still high. So that means a LOT of users don't agree with critics, whom can be untrustworthy for various reasons.

Well let's face it, most buy the game on uplay/amazon/gamestop because getting ubi games on steam == Double DRM, which is my many people have started to buy ubi games directly from Uplay, steam has become secondary vehicle for the PC version to say the least.

The game is not a technical mess as you state, you clearly have forgotten ,even the 1200 reviews in steam, of which 90% were positive, think the game is pretty stable, the only catch disable NVIDIA gameworks. Gameworks never worked on even the GOTY (Witcher 3 and gameworks == nightmare). So if you disable gameworks, this game runs way better than Unity across a variety of PC settings, Yes there are known issues like the cloth physics lock and some bugs . I get locked 60 fps mostly on my 970 even while riding carriages, i have never had issues. I don's use gameworks except HBAO+ . And here is my own personal recording

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Qt5Ge5E7qU
If you say the performance is bad, show me where, show me atleast a screenshot, or a video recording, your settings etc.

Metacritic user scores???? That has become one place of spam, people who do not play the game can post there, there is no verified purchase and stuff. Most genuine game reviewers(i.e critics) agree the game is a good game. Metacritic user score == not a good measure of user satisfaction for "any" game.(And i see only 300 reviews for the PC version, not sure how many of them have the game) Regarding critics being untrustworthy and blah, then what is the point of trusting anyone then

And regarding your question on sales
https://www.vg247.com/2015/11/12/assassins-creed-syndicate-and-uncharted-collection-dominate-psn-charts-for-october/
I am not aware of the PC sales figures. And it less than a month old, but console sales are high.

Regarding the game itself, this varies from person to person, I liked some missions, I absolutely did not like some missions. And features like motion blur, agreed they could have given us an option to disable it. But to me it is not a major issue, for some yes it is.

Well they are doing some additional promotions this year, to gain good will, like giving 50% off. Unity clearly hurt them and they are not running away from it. The sales are improving. Maybe PC sales can improve further, when people stop complaining about the performance, without actually showing some proof. The performance is not top class like MGSV(in terms of variety of hardware it can run) , but certainly better than many ports this year (like Arkham Knight, Fallout 4 and Just cause 3). (Note: Fallout 4 , AK are great games if you take the performance aspect out of it).

Frag_Maniac
12-11-2015, 03:36 AM
Well, we'd have a better idea on sales/reviews if Uplay had more detailed info. All it says on the AC Syndicate page is 5k likes, but that's for all 3 platforms, because it doesn't change when you click PS4 or Xone. Likes usually just means interest, which could be before vs after sales. It's not an indicator of ownership or review after launch at all. And "5k" could be a very rounded number. Why can't they just give us REAL numbers. Steam I much prefer as a game browser because it is not biased at all, and has a wealth of info, and always works very well.

I have Black Flag Gold on Steam and honestly, Steam added on top not only doesn't cause any problems, we actually got our Freedom Cry DLC a week BEFORE those on Uplay exclusively, because Ubi neglected to upload the code for it into the Season Pass library. Now since Ubi has to correct a mistake like that, they either informed Valve of the needed info, imputed it themselves, or Valve insisted it be done pronto. Either way it speaks volumes for the amount of copies sold on Steam. It was as if the Uplay exclusive players could wait a week without it creating a mass panic.

It's not that I don't like the game itself, or Ubi's creativity. In fact I've gone on record many times stating I feel they have some of the best game concepts, art design, graphics, and characters and stories in the business. It's just that technically everything from Uplay to in game performance and bugs are a constant battle. Sometimes they get most of it worked out, sometimes not. But it's common that their games launch with growing pains.

As far as the game itself though, they HAVE gone to pushing large city graphics over gameplay depth, because we're seeing features that used to be tangible now passively integrated into the skill system, and most I ask about it prefer the way it was.

Don't you think it's possible initial sales are low BECAUSE many have learned to wait and see how effective their patching is? Seems obvious to me.

RVSage
12-11-2015, 04:55 AM
Uplay is not that great I know, and as I said, I am not sure of PC sales numbers as I stated in my comment before. The console sales are good and improving. One would expect based on steam reviews, the PC sales might improve as well, As you said Uplay gives no stats of sales or an option to give reviews. I recently gave feedback on Ubisoft Club to include a section for reviews. Hope They are atleast serious with ubisoft club. But I think to avoid the double DRM thing , many likely buy it directly on uplay. But many who prefer to collect all games under steam, likely go to steam. And As I said before amazon/gamespot and other purchases defaults to uplay not steam. A percentage of digital downloads is steam. Discs still occupy most of the market, which is uplay

Frag_Maniac
12-11-2015, 06:32 AM
Discs still occupy most of the market, which is uplay

I don't know where you're getting that info, or maybe just assuming it. Most of the forums I chat on I see people trying to find good key prices on sites, esp on games that might have tech issues because they don't want to pay a lot and be upset, and sites that sell legit key codes usually default to Steam, not Uplay.

I don't doubt it's correct for consoles, because you really can't get console versions cheaper at or near launch, but on PC, lots of Steam keys sold. We ARE after all discussing this on the PC forum, not the console forum, so it bears mentioning.

RVSage
12-11-2015, 07:04 PM
I don't know where you're getting that info, or maybe just assuming it. Most of the forums I chat on I see people trying to find good key prices on sites, esp on games that might have tech issues because they don't want to pay a lot and be upset, and sites that sell legit key codes usually default to Steam, not Uplay.

I don't doubt it's correct for consoles, because you really can't get console versions cheaper at or near launch, but on PC, lots of Steam keys sold. We ARE after all discussing this on the PC forum, not the console forum, so it bears mentioning.

Apart from parts , of europe,australia and the USA, internet speeds across the world are somewhat diverse, some really bad. Most people in middle east, india, china,africa,south america prefer discs. because their internet service is either limited by speed or usage.

Frag_Maniac
12-12-2015, 04:50 AM
Apart from parts , of europe,australia and the USA, internet speeds across the world are somewhat diverse, some really bad. Most people in middle east, india, china,africa,south america prefer discs. because their internet service is either limited by speed or usage.

So now it does tend to sound like you're assuming based off general assumptions. Most countries that have large numbers of gamers also have good internet speeds and prices. Korea and Japan both have excellent price and speed on internet for instance. Lot of holes in your analogy.

RVSage
12-12-2015, 07:42 PM
So now it does tend to sound like you're assuming based off general assumptions. Most countries that have large numbers of gamers also have good internet speeds and prices. Korea and Japan both have excellent price and speed on internet for instance. Lot of holes in your analogy.

Nope not assumption. If you think digital download is the only market out there, sorry mate. It is not. Even in korea, many would buy disks for huge games. it is not dota or LoLwhich ends within 10gb. Lot of holes in your arguments. And you have conveniently ignored all your performance claims. Nice :)

PS: The whole point here is steam is not the only delivery vehicle for games

Frag_Maniac
12-13-2015, 05:55 AM
LOL, you're trying desperately to troll as hard here as on the thread where you furiously demanded equal time frame on PC releases, then claimed you're understanding.

You're sounding more and more like a speculating noob than an experienced PC gamer, and FAR from the PC coder you claim to be. You're all about putting up claims with no sources, and when people refute what you're saying, you act like the onus is on them to prove it, not you. I'm afraid your screen name is sounding as fictional as that which it comes from in the game. :rolleyes:

RVSage
12-13-2015, 07:34 AM
LOL, you're trying desperately to troll as hard here as on the thread where you furiously demanded equal time frame on PC releases, then claimed you're understanding.

You're sounding more and more like a speculating noob than an experienced PC gamer, and FAR from the PC coder you claim to be. You're all about putting up claims with no sources, and when people refute what you're saying, you act like the onus is on them to prove it, not you. I'm afraid your screen name is sounding as fictional as that which it comes from in the game. :rolleyes:

such a bad comeback. I backed my claim of performance with my own recorded video did I not??? Why would a website like amazon be selling disks if they don;t sell?? IS that such a hard leap to make??

I back my points. just because you can LOL around does not mean you get a pass. Prove it my boy.

Amazon sells disk games "because they sell" , no more proof needed than that. One of the world;s bigggest e-commerce site sells disk /even though they can offer digital downloads. "this" is a valid enough proof to state my point
and moving this argument of ours to PM.

YazX_
12-13-2015, 08:16 AM

insulting/Flaming/Attacking other members are against forums rules and strictly prohibited, if one don't agree with the other, please either be civil in discussion or you can always use ignore list feature in your profile.

Thanks

alexandrosdrake
12-13-2015, 03:07 PM
No it is not

clean_death
12-13-2015, 04:28 PM
I have found four game affecting issues one of which is a game breaking crash.

1) Sequence 3 - Gang fight on top of the train. As soon as the train reaches the river the game crashes. Only way to avoid is to kill the boss before that. The game will always crash around this area regardless of the sequence.

2) Sequence 4 - When finding the distribution boss the game crashes inside the factory. Again there is no technical solution to the problem just a workaround where you lure the target away from the crash zone.

3)Sequence 4 - Starting Eve's mission causes the game to crash as soon as the clip ends. Oh and if you forgot to backup up your save games then you have to start the game all over again as the save game files are corrupt now. I havent found any workaround for this yet.

4) Sequence 7 (I guess) - I haven't experienced this but the forums are filled with it as the game enters a crash loop and you cant progress. It has something to do with a bridge and WW1.

Anyways there are a lot of other people facing the same issue. You can find them in the technical support forum. If I were you I would wait until ubisoft fixes these issues in some patch. Otherwise its a gamble, maybe you wont face these issues.

strigoi1958
12-13-2015, 05:49 PM
so you found 4 ... err 1 of which you haven't found ;) i'm on sequence 6 haven't had a single crash.... i must have a magic pc ;)

Ecly9se
12-13-2015, 06:02 PM
I have found four game affecting issues one of which is a game breaking crash.

1) Sequence 3 - Gang fight on top of the train. As soon as the train reaches the river the game crashes. Only way to avoid is to kill the boss before that. The game will always crash around this area regardless of the sequence.

2) Sequence 4 - When finding the distribution boss the game crashes inside the factory. Again there is no technical solution to the problem just a workaround where you lure the target away from the crash zone.

3)Sequence 4 - Starting Eve's mission causes the game to crash as soon as the clip ends. Oh and if you forgot to backup up your save games then you have to start the game all over again as the save game files are corrupt now. I havent found any workaround for this yet.

4) Sequence 7 (I guess) - I haven't experienced this but the forums are filled with it as the game enters a crash loop and you cant progress. It has something to do with a bridge and WW1.

Anyways there are a lot of other people facing the same issue. You can find them in the technical support forum. If I were you I would wait until ubisoft fixes these issues in some patch. Otherwise its a gamble, maybe you wont face these issues.

Same here and many users :/

strigoi1958
12-13-2015, 06:09 PM
@clean death you posted your spec as a GTX 460 it is way below Syndicate requirements.

clean_death
12-13-2015, 06:16 PM
@clean death you posted your spec as a GTX 460 it is way below Syndicate requirements.

I know.

The game runs at around 30 FPS in all other locations. And I can point you to other users with the same problem running the game on GTX970 and 980. Hope you don't label it as a low system spec problem and ignore it.

Rohith_Kumar_Sp
12-13-2015, 10:23 PM

90% of the people in India do get them from physical sales. i can confirm that withough a hesitation though, AC official page even posted the links on where to buy ACS copies in India on thier internatlion page and all of them are physical, its mostly due to bad internet speeds in India, but ubisoft keeps releasing the heafly updates and wont provide instalers as before which is sad.

Rohith_Kumar_Sp
12-13-2015, 10:34 PM

you dont understand, people dont use credit cards in india much for a purchase and ubisoft only accepts credit and not debit, this is a barrier, i can never buy on steam as well as they also only accepts credit as in India, unless the merchaent redirects to OTP 3d secure page of visa/master card, you cant make trasnactions, hence COD/cash on delivery is widley poplular in India, this is not an assumption, this is the same reason whatsapp was made free in India, look it up. and yes, Physical sales are still the main sales in India, people who go looking for codes in G2a, you have to understand, 1$=67 INR, the game on G2a is sold at around 30-40$ which is 2000-3000 INR which is way more costlier than the Indian priced box version, yes 60$ game is sold for 40 but 40 is still a high amount when prices are converted to local currency.

and all of this i'm talking about India in context, india has a population of 1.7 billion, sure not everyone games and not everyone plays AC , but there's a reason ubisoft is pushing Indian Characthers a lot in AC games, from AC 4's recorded messages to khoinoor diamond in Rogue to AC chronicles India to ACS to comic book brahman. india is one of thier huge auidence and they do know that.
so yes the amount of DVD sales in India are staggeringly high.

kieronf84
12-15-2015, 06:36 AM
Honest opinion game is completely unplayable for me I'm way above the recommended i7 4970k, gtx 980ti, 16gb ram @ 2400mhz

I get decent fps and performance but i can't really see wtf is going on around me as you can tell by the picture below so No game is not playable lol.

http://i.imgur.com/dF4n2li.jpg

YazX_
12-15-2015, 10:58 AM
Honest opinion game is completely unplayable for me I'm way above the recommended i7 4970k, gtx 980ti, 16gb ram @ 2400mhz

I get decent fps and performance but i can't really see wtf is going on around me as you can tell by the picture below so No game is not playable lol.

if you go to NCP --> Manage 3D Settings --> Program Settings

select ACS from the list and check if MFAA is enabled or not since it might be turned off in global settings but turned on for this specific game, also try to use GFE optimize button to set your graphics settings.