PDA

View Full Version : Elaborate on Takkar animations for Fidelity.

tristangillies
12-09-2015, 12:27 PM
DISCLAIMER: Writing this as of December 2015 after having seen the youtuber invites to L.A for the pre-alpha. I apologise if any of this has been considered and rejected or is in the alpha release but has yet to have media coverage.

I think for the sake of immersive aesthetics that some animations should be lengthened or elaborated, I think the petting, putting out fire/bees, dropping traps and such are fine but some I think break immersion by being too quick/simple.

Healing without Aid: In Far Cry 4 I remember Ajay having the most battered left arm known to man, when I ran out of syringes I remember that left arm copped all the punishment. Where I remember in Far Cry 2 the plethora of self-heal animations to fingers, arms, torso, elbows, legs, etc. Can we bring some of that back with a context tally as well, FC4 Shagri-la was good that when hit by an arrow you yanked out an arrow or a throwing knife got plucked out, more animations.

Skinning: Please bring back the original skinning time plus bagging animations, minus the disgusted "uugghhh" because Takkar is cool with this.

Searching: Some youtubers from your L.A conference have noted the current search animations are more a chest/back slap than a pawing over the corpse, please bring back the originals.

Fire-Lighting: Okay, the classic bang two rock together for fire. I am not saying you have to go all hand drill (which I have done) and banging iron pyrites against flint is fine (yes, I have done that too) but Takkar gets flame going quicker than I can turn on my gas stove. Could you extend the animation by about six more seconds (honestly it takes about 15-18 minutes in real life).

Rationale: By increasing time invested in the task the player is invested in it's success hence emotionally invested in the character/game.

tristangillies
12-10-2015, 06:26 AM
Although animation wise I will give credit where credit is due,

I love how Takkar's hands as he kills or skins more get progressively more bloody until likely time passes or he goes in water and it washes off, very nice touch.

I also saw a self heal animation where Takkar breaks off an arrow and pulls the back end cleanly out of his arm, that was a nice and logical affect.

tristangillies
12-11-2015, 05:37 AM
I understand your points but please let's keep the forum tidier: one thread would have sufficed

I know what you are getting at but my aim is to potentially get a passing notice by something with connections to the designers, writers or producers where they may remember the point in early development but hadn't elaborated on it due to constraints but in seeing there is fan interest, discourse and/or rational argument they may reconsider getting it in the game, even with their 2 month deadline.

tristangillies
12-11-2015, 05:49 AM
An additional point:

Fire Arrows and Lighting Clubs/Spears - It seems the "lighting" fire weapons is instant, could they change this to Takkar has to drop a knee and bang the rocks together animation in order to light a fire arrow or similar lit weapon/torch. Or Takkar can use existing fire sources to light up.

Breaks immersion heavily when his arrows magically catch fire in an instant.

HorTyS
12-11-2015, 07:46 AM
I know what you are getting at but my aim is to potentially get a passing notice by something with connections to the designers, writers or producers where they may remember the point in early development but hadn't elaborated on it due to constraints but in seeing there is fan interest, discourse and/or rational argument they may reconsider getting it in the game, even with their 2 month deadline.

Spamming the forum with threads isn't going to get anything noticed any more than if you put multiple thoughts/ ideas into a single or existing thread....