PDA

View Full Version : Camoflage tarp is bullet/cannon proof?

ruxtmp
04-06-2004, 03:52 PM
I made a mission a few weekends ago using the FMB and used the camoflage tarp to hide a Russian radio truck and jeep. Using a 109G6 with 30mm nose cannon I began to strafe the tarp hoping to destroy the vehicles under it. I expended a full MG and cannon load into the tarp in several passes but nothing happened to the vehicles. I then loaded up a small bomb and dropped it on the tarp. It was not a direct hit as my bombing skills are poor. The tarp burned and disappeared and the jeep was slightly damaged. I then proceeded to make a gun run on the exposed vehicles with great success both were burning hulks after one quick pass. Can some of you out there confirm that the tarp is bullet proof or if it is just me. I believe the tarp is object 75 in the FMB (i'm at work and cannot remember). I did this offline if it means anything. I think there is also a snow covered tarp i did not try it with that as i was not trying to test for bugs i just noticed while playing around with the FMB and thought it would be worth some investigation. I would provide a track but my computer is still in pieces since i moved yesterday.

Thanks,
Ted

ruxtmp
04-06-2004, 03:52 PM
I made a mission a few weekends ago using the FMB and used the camoflage tarp to hide a Russian radio truck and jeep. Using a 109G6 with 30mm nose cannon I began to strafe the tarp hoping to destroy the vehicles under it. I expended a full MG and cannon load into the tarp in several passes but nothing happened to the vehicles. I then loaded up a small bomb and dropped it on the tarp. It was not a direct hit as my bombing skills are poor. The tarp burned and disappeared and the jeep was slightly damaged. I then proceeded to make a gun run on the exposed vehicles with great success both were burning hulks after one quick pass. Can some of you out there confirm that the tarp is bullet proof or if it is just me. I believe the tarp is object 75 in the FMB (i'm at work and cannot remember). I did this offline if it means anything. I think there is also a snow covered tarp i did not try it with that as i was not trying to test for bugs i just noticed while playing around with the FMB and thought it would be worth some investigation. I would provide a track but my computer is still in pieces since i moved yesterday.

Thanks,
Ted

Renegade_50
04-06-2004, 04:01 PM
http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/784.gif Yes the Camo net is a texture box, with clear textures at both ends so a gun cant shoot out of a box nor can you shoot into one.
I dont think they will work on this to fix it. this is my opinion. if the developers have another one please let them post it here for you.

Hell's Angel 50
303rd BG (H) 358th BS
"Might in Flight"

BM357_Hawki
04-07-2004, 10:01 AM
You can place a gun under the netting but let the nozzle stick out just a hair, this will allow the gun to fire at enemy targets.

Zen--
04-07-2004, 10:10 AM
Bombs will destroy the camo net...but usually not anything underneith.

Artillery fire also destroys the nets, for example if you place guns and nets together within range of enemy vehicles, most of your camo nets will be destroyed by AI gunfire before you can fly over to bomb them yourself.

It is possible to destroy guns under the nets with your AC cannons, but you must get very low and fire into either open end of the net. Any shots that hit the net will be bounced and the target under will not actually get hit.

-Zen-
Tracks (http://209.163.146.67/tracks)

VVS-Manuc
04-07-2004, 03:14 PM
It is an old bug since Il-2 V. 1.0