PDA

View Full Version : Any solution to the optimization problem and SLI profiles?

grumman87
12-09-2015, 02:54 AM
Hello very good night, you know something of the problem in multi GPU assassins creed syndicate? I only played the prologue of the game and let it be for lack of optimization of this game, the fps are oscillating and it is horrible to play with, I want to clarify that I have the effects of gamewroks nvidia disabled and SLI deactivated playing with just one card, Unity instead I personally works perfectly at 60 fps all the best, well ... or nvidia no one has given a clear answer, a patch will be published soon?

PS: Buy this assasins creed syndicate for the fabulous world of Victorian London , and I want to clarify that I am a big fan of this series, but as a consumer and buyer , I think Ubisoft for my part I lost a client, this is the last assasins that I buy

Thanks in advance.

YazX_
12-09-2015, 01:43 PM
Hello,

AC:Unity had 6 patches and several updated SLI profiles, AC:Syndicate is still newly released for PC and also no updated SLI profile has been released from Nvidia, last thing i heard from Nvidia CM is they are working with Ubisoft on this matter, as for when will they release an updated profile and drivers for the game, no one knows to be honest, but PERSONALLY i think it will be very soon since consoles had 1.3 patch released yesterday, so its very likely that 1.3 patch for PC will be released soon in-conjunction with an updated SLI profile from Nvidia, don't forget that all of this is speculation and personal opinion as no official words on this matter have been stated by either companies.

TaylorBlakeH
12-09-2015, 04:05 PM
Hello very good night, you know something of the problem in multi GPU assassins creed syndicate? I only played the prologue of the game and let it be for lack of optimization of this game, the fps are oscillating and it is horrible to play with, I want to clarify that I have the effects of gamewroks nvidia disabled and SLI deactivated playing with just one card, Unity instead I personally works perfectly at 60 fps all the best, well ... or nvidia no one has given a clear answer, a patch will be published soon?

PS: Buy this assasins creed syndicate for the fabulous world of Victorian London , and I want to clarify that I am a big fan of this series, but as a consumer and buyer , I think Ubisoft for my part I lost a client, this is the last assasins that I buy

Thanks in advance.

I started a thread on the SLI issues in this game a while back and it currently has the largest number of people reporting this issue than any of the other threads mentioning SLI issues so feel free to follow along here if you like:

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1331938-Assassin-s-Creed-Syndicate-SLI-Performance-(970-s)-Forums

I am sick of waiting. I didn't PRE-order a game to wait over a month or more to play it just so I could use the feautres that were advertised (SLI support) from the BEGINNING. I know, shame on me for pre-ordering a Ubisoft title and believing their PR lies about taking a month longer on the PC version to release so it would be well-optimized and working as intended. But Ubisoft support has just STOPPED responding to me altogether. It's been two weeks since their last response. I already threatened them with an FTC report and have already submitted one and they still refuse to give ma any information. If all of the graphical features and GameWorks features in this title worked well enough on just one high-end card (980 Ti or even Titan X) to perform at 60 FPS then I wouldn't be so quick to blame Ubisoft for not ensuring the SLI support was working at release. But considering PCSS or PCSS Ultra with ANY decent hardware anti-aliasing in this game will CRASH your performance to low teens frame rates, SLI is a MUST for this title, as even the highest end single card you can buy right now, the Titan X, can not use all of the GameWorks features with even MSAA x2 and get anywhere near 60 FPS. And we are talking on 1080p! So to us their "advanced graphical features" in this game at a reasonable performance, you HAVE to have multiple cards to come close to being able to do so, which is why their advertised support of it needs to WORK.

I too would like to believe that 1.3, if coming to the PC, will address the issue, especially considering how silent Ubisoft has been about SLI lately. But 1.21 was released the same day as an NVIDIA driver update. I was VERY hopeful then and that addressed nothing. If Ubisoft actually had the issue fixed, you know they would be using all the opportunities they could to calm down the negative publicity by saying "WE have found and fixed the problem! We will be releasing a patch to fix this very soon!" But there has been none of that.

At this point I'm starting to resent the game.... I have been playing at all high settings with HBAO+ Ultra and FXAA with my monitor turned down to 50 Hz to make thigns smoother since my (currently SINGLE) 970 can't quite always maintain that 60 FPS but never goes below 50. But I've gotten so far into the game at sub-par settings from what I was wanting and expecting (the main thing i'd have preferred is some decent AA as the jagged edges have genuinely ruined my experience) and now don't really care to replay it just so I can play it the way "it was meant to be played" (ironic NVIDIA satire here; as they sponsored the game and it's graphical features and even on their top end card line can not achieve how it's meant to be played).

It looks like I'll have to be jumping off the SLI cart soon as well I guess.... It's support is dying. Fallout 4, Batman Arkham Knight, now this game, Just Cause 3.... All released either without SLI support as advertised or refuse to support it at all. I'll be selling my 970's if I can and trying for a 980 Ti. Or maybe I should wait for Pascal. But either way, the only thing that can keep me using SLI any longer is to see DirectX12 make a breakthrough in how multi-GPU's are used and actually seeing game developers taking advantage of it.

strigoi1958
12-09-2015, 04:44 PM
Considering SLI customers are Nvidias best customers... they are always last to get a profile and usually it comes much after everyone else has finished playing the game. Someone running 3 or 4 top end cards can pay thousands for them but get treated to the same driver that runs a $25 gt 420 for emails and solitaire. Until Nvidia starts to pro actively push SLI sales, the best solution is
1. do not buy mobo's that have more than 1 gpu slot... ( the manufacturers will pressure nvidia to rectify the drop in sales)
2. post on the geforce forum asking for 2 drivers... low to mid range driver to be updated only once or twice per year (these PC's do not require constant updates and are holding back driver development by being included in cards/ driver compatibility)) and an extreme driver that is focussed only on gaming, with support for SLI that gets updated regularly. That's what I do.

YazX_
12-09-2015, 05:35 PM
Considering SLI customers are Nvidias best customers... they are always last to get a profile and usually it comes much after everyone else has finished playing the game. Someone running 3 or 4 top end cards can pay thousands for them but get treated to the same driver that runs a $25 gt 420 for emails and solitaire. Until Nvidia starts to pro actively push SLI sales, the best solution is
1. do not buy mobo's that have more than 1 gpu slot... ( the manufacturers will pressure nvidia to rectify the drop in sales)
2. post on the geforce forum asking for 2 drivers... low to mid range driver to be updated only once or twice per year (these PC's do not require constant updates and are holding back driver development by being included in cards/ driver compatibility)) and an extreme driver that is focussed only on gaming, with support for SLI that gets updated regularly. That's what I do.

i kinda agree to be honest, after using SLI for 8 years and going back to single card, i'm very tempted to get another GTX 970 card but when i remember the lack of SLI profiles, SLI bits trial and error, scaling,.... i just forget the whole thing, its really sad that SLI has become the least priority for Nvidia and now SLI means you have to wait or no support at all.

grumman87
12-09-2015, 08:14 PM
Hey guys and gals, thanks for your kind and honest answers, not only referred me to SLI, also the use of a card, honestly this game is very poorly optimized and also requires a 980 not a TitanX if recommended places that need a 770 and brackets 900 series (basically that is to sell the new graphic) is the fact that they can do this nonsense game, I personally as I said before after the prologue .. I no longer played more that do not want to blur the gameplay of this title with constant fps swinging up and down, I gave him one last chance to Ubisoft have become personal capacity I have failed again, we'll see with the division .... (but that is another issue)

TaylorBlakeH
12-09-2015, 08:48 PM

What do you guys think about this particular game and SLI issues though.... Do you think this is an issue with an SLI profile? Or game engine programming issues that aren't taking advantage of SLI despite being advertised to? Technically, both cards are being used but no more than 60% or so, making two cards running at half load as good as one running at full, only worse.... Having SLI enabled doesn't BREAK the game necessarily either.... But you get absolutely zero performance gain from using it, neagtive performance gain in my case. NVIDIA released a profile based on Unity's profile for SLI (which I must admit scales very well in SLI for me; I can max Unity out without any dips in frame rate at all, even with TXAA 4x) and although this is the same engine, it's definitely got some differences. Despite this profile though, the game performs EXACTLY as it did in SLI for me BEFORE the profile and driver was ever released. So it seems like it's something in the game engine itself improperly using AFR.

What do you guys think?

strigoi1958
12-10-2015, 03:50 AM
@grumman87 no the game is great it is nvidias gameworks that kill games... Nvidia want to sell their products and gameworks are their showpiece unfortunately they are very resource hungry and do not always look better but some people do not care they just think "MAX OUT" is important.

Personally I think playing a game at 1440 is often better than 1080p with higher AA settings, the higher resolution smooths out a lot of jaggies without the vram needed for ultra nvidia settings.

@Thair7391 unfortunately the only option with SLI is to trial and error, I'm sure with all the experience that YazX has he'd tell you about tweaking and adjusting to get some better SLI usage but... I fear that a single newer card will always be the best solution until Nvidia pro actively supports the guys who spend a fortune on multi gpu systems. Personally if I had a company and someone bought not just one but 2 or 3 or 4 of my products... I'd make sure that guy got my best service.

YazX_
12-10-2015, 09:59 AM
What do you guys think about this particular game and SLI issues though.... Do you think this is an issue with an SLI profile? Or game engine programming issues that aren't taking advantage of SLI despite being advertised to? Technically, both cards are being used but no more than 60% or so, making two cards running at half load as good as one running at full, only worse.... Having SLI enabled doesn't BREAK the game necessarily either.... But you get absolutely zero performance gain from using it, neagtive performance gain in my case. NVIDIA released a profile based on Unity's profile for SLI (which I must admit scales very well in SLI for me; I can max Unity out without any dips in frame rate at all, even with TXAA 4x) and although this is the same engine, it's definitely got some differences. Despite this profile though, the game performs EXACTLY as it did in SLI for me BEFORE the profile and driver was ever released. So it seems like it's something in the game engine itself improperly using AFR.

What do you guys think?

you are still comparing a fully patched game with several SLI updated profiles with a game that didn't even complete a month since release, Unity scaled 30% on each GPU when released for me, i was using 770 SLI, after 2 months Nvidia released a driver and an updated SLI profile for ACU which made a big leap in scaling like 90% per each GPU and after like 1 month they released another driver which boosted performance for around 10 FPS on every single card, and don't forget that Unity had 6 patches to address in-game and performance issues released in the first 4-5 months.

i know how SLI users feel now since i have been there lots of time and what they do want right now, but unfortunately it doesn't work this way, the way it works is game releases and SLI/Xfire is the least priority for everyone especially for Nvidia/AMD, once they optimize the game and release drivers for single card users since they are the majority they go back to check Multi-GPU stuff. i can count many games that didn't even have the support for Multi-GPUs on launch and took months to support it (ME:SoM as an example) , and even with newly released games you would expect multi-gpu support should be a standard by now but sill in some games it might not come at all like JC3 as Nvidia PR said the game engine doesn't support multi-gpu and SLI might not come at all.

so my friend this is the sad truth, there are only two ways, first one is to try and change SLI bits and properties yourself from Nvidia Inspector or look online for better SLI bits and profile properties which is the trial and error thing, the second option is to wait for proper SLI profile.

About whether the issue is caused by SLI profile or Game Engine, it could be either or both, i remember when watchdogs got released, using FC3 SLI profile bits gave around 20 FPS more than using the profile released by Nvidia, so you can see what i'm saying.

grumman87
12-30-2015, 03:48 PM
thair7391 tank you very much!! :-)

ex.Villain
12-31-2015, 03:44 PM
https://flic.kr/p/BetGt9
this game runs more stable on single GPU.
if you have high res monitor and your peformance is solely depends on multi GPU scaling, you're SOL.

WingedHussar_PL
01-02-2016, 02:31 PM
https://flic.kr/p/BetGt9
this game runs more stable on single GPU.
if you have high res monitor and your peformance is solely depends on multi GPU scaling, you're SOL.

Do you know that 69%+64% is greater than 98% ? Not much but still greater...

Using 361.43 driver I have GPU1 - 95% GPU2- 64% - so not that bad. GTX 970 SLI - 40-55 FPS MSAA x2 AA, the rest are on ultra settings.

TaylorBlakeH
01-03-2016, 06:15 AM

Using 361.43 driver I have GPU1 - 95% GPU2- 64% - so not that bad. GTX 970 SLI - 40-55 FPS MSAA x2 AA, the rest are on ultra settings.

That isn't how SLI works; adding up the percentage of GPU usage does not directly calculate your effect on performance or rather, frame rate. And that's strange that you see 95% on GPU 0 because I've not seen that before. They are almost always matched for me at 65-70%. I'm on 970's as well.

But I can confirm that one card performs much better and more stable and consistently than two right now. ESEPCIALLY when you take into account MFAA and that you can't use it with multi-GPU configurations. MFAA doubles your AA quality without any change in performance cost when using MSAA or something based on it like TXAA in game. So you get 4x AA quality if you set your in game to 2x when MFAA is enabled. That definitely has been the deciding factor for me right now on whether I run this with SLI or with a single GPU. But even without it, my frame rates are more stable. And usually higher.

ex.Villain
01-03-2016, 03:54 PM

did you noticed the framerate on my screenshot? who cares about GPU usage when the scaling is close to nonexistence?
you barely get any performance increase with multi GPU on this game.
like I said, framerate is more stable on single GPU because it doesn't try to force the rendering across multi GPUs that doesn't scale properly.

with your GPU, you should be able to hit constant 60fps even on 1440P if it has proper SLI support.

grumman87
01-05-2016, 04:52 PM
Guys, to maintain stable 60 FPS anyone knows how? Or maybe from the nvidia control panel? I play in the configuration:

Environment Quality: Very High

Textures: High

Shadows: High

Ambient Occlusion: HbAo + (ultra did not notice the difference in framerate)

Antialiasing: FXAA

I have tried all and will not me at 60 fps, especially in Low if (but I will obviously not play on my pc can handle all the new games, and this AC is the only game that gives performance problems) in order ...

Another thing: they will release some new patch for performance? and you know if Nvidia to release a driver for SLI? or they'll let you down?

TaylorBlakeH
01-05-2016, 05:53 PM
Guys, to maintain stable 60 FPS anyone knows how? Or maybe from the nvidia control panel? I play in the configuration:

Environment Quality: Very High

Textures: High

Shadows: High

Ambient Occlusion: HbAo + (ultra did not notice the difference in framerate)

Antialiasing: FXAA

I have tried all and will not me at 60 fps, especially in Low if (but I will obviously not play on my pc can handle all the new games, and this AC is the only game that gives performance problems) in order ...

Another thing: they will release some new patch for performance? and you know if Nvidia to release a driver for SLI? or they'll let you down?

As far as SLI support goes, I've given up hope. They might release support by the time a new AC game comes out, but it won't help any of us patrons who preordered the game believing their advertised SLI support would actually be there.

Even disabling MSAA and using FXAA and not using HBAO+ Ultra, I can't keep 60. I get 60 a lot of the time, yes. But to me, it's variations and dips that bother me; not a steady lower frame rate. What I've done, and what I recommend doing, is create a profile for your monitor to use 50 Hz instead of 60. Then set your refresh rate to 50 then enable V-SYnc in game. You can use High settings (no PCSS) and MSAA 2x and HBAO+ Ultra and NEVER EVER dip below 50. It's as perceptively as smooth as 60 as long as you don't have that contrast from 52 to 58 to 53 to 60 jumping you get at 60 Hz. I would say enable MFAA to get double the MSAA quality without the performance cost, but this only works on new Maxwell cards so your 780's don't support it.

grumman87
01-05-2016, 06:58 PM
Thanks for the answer Thair7391 really, I thought my computer had already been outdated but no AC SYNDICATE is the only game I repeat very seriously the ONLY game that I have more misery than joy, with the other I have no problem, and if nvidia or Ubisoft expects to buy new cards ... can and wait quietly because I will not have to do it, my pc would much war remains, Thair that recominedas me for my gtx 780?

Oh, and something else (is that Guillemot and its shareholders will NEVER reach their complaints and concerns who feeds them, their real clients that's us) peroespero you have massive optimized THE DIVISION because l have booked at amazon if I try the beta and see that does not work well, I cancel Immediately reservation, I no longer take more hair, to say do not know if in the future I will stop buying products from nvidia com follow this path of neglecting their customers

Sorry for my bad english.

grumman87
01-05-2016, 07:01 PM
Thanks for the answer, I thought my computer had already been outdated but no AC SYNDICATE is the only game I repeat very seriously Ac SYNDICATE is the ONLY game that I have more misery than joy, the others do not have any problem, and if nvidia or Ubisoft expects to buy new cards and wait quietly ... can not because I'm going to do, my pc would much war remains, Thair that recominedas me for my gtx 780?

Oh, and something else (is that Guillemot and its shareholders will NEVER reach their complaints and concerns who feeds them, their real clients that's us) peroespero you have massive optimized THE DIVISION because l have booked at amazon if I try the beta and see that does not work well, I cancel Immediately reservation, I no longer take more hair, to say do not know if in the future I will stop buying products from nvidia com follow this path of neglecting their customers

WingedHussar_PL
01-06-2016, 12:02 AM
I'm playing on G-Sync monitor so this frame rate fluctation isn't so much noticeable but right - this game has the worst performance that I saw in most of the newest games and it graphics quality isn't as good. I think that Unity had much better overall graphics quality ( lighting, details ).

grumman87
01-06-2016, 02:04 AM
+1000 UNITY AC as of today in graphic few games reach it visually, AC UNITY is beautiful and I will perfect AC UNITY with me all the best, absolutely everything to the maximum 60 FPS rocky, however AC SYNIDICATE that there is less graphically ... this .... works when he wants