PDA

View Full Version : Patch 1.6 is now available along with Steam Workshop and the "Blood on the Bay" map!

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
12-03-2015, 03:26 PM
Hello Heroes,

On November 19th we released MMH7 patch 1.5 to introduce additional content to the game and enhance the stability of multiplayer experience.

While we hope you enjoyed the new maps and the improved multiplayer, we identified a critical bug affecting the spells and skill window. Unfortunately it is quite random and has a low occurrence rate, explaining why it escaped our QC teams vigilance. We have spent days to reproduce it on our end, and now are pleased to finally confirm that this bug has been identified and will be fixed in the upcoming 1.6 patch! Players who have experienced the spell/skill issue should note that those save files will continue to be corrupt even post 1.6 but any new saves made will work as intended. We apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.

We wish to extend our thanks to you all again, for your support, by providing numerous logs and saves with us.
PATCH 1.6:

In addition to this critical fix, Patch 1.6 will contain various other bug fixes and improvements. More details on this will be available in the patch notes. A brief overview on some core elements of 1.6 are as follows;

Read more https://mmh7.ubi.com/en/blog/post/view/patch-1-6-announcement

MMHAwS
12-03-2015, 07:55 PM
Finally some info!

But I'm curious that from where you've got the info for balancing. 'cause me and my friends tried many multiplayer games (okay..., about 10-20, and almost every of these are getting out of sync before we can fight with our "main" heroes..., the ONE [really 1] where we can fight our main battle CRASHED in the middle of the battle. (and many others with whom I talked about have almost the same statistic)

So I'm very curious that you've got your information for balancing from SINGLE PLAYER??? ('cause if nobody told you since this time..., that's the worst scenario you can do...)

sv-Segio
12-04-2015, 04:26 AM
02617238 in support from 25 NOV 2015 - crash in start and can't join to internet game - v1.6 ll solve problem ?

1) Can't play with friends.
2) Single play - not need.

ClausWessel
12-06-2015, 09:54 PM
So when is this patch coming? What are you waiting for ? Your support team solved my ticket succesfully already by doing nothing, still got a ****ed up game .. same from you, nothing .. just talk.
and what do you mean the errors occur rarely? its every time you play a game, sooner or later during the game the talent tree and the skills are reset.
Thats a lot of money to pay for just talk ... having played - and BOUGHT - this game since from beginning i would think that you would make sure the basics works before introducing new fancy stuff.

romeck2010
12-07-2015, 03:46 PM
UbiMoshiMoshi is there no ETA or EETA :) ? eg it will be this week , or next week . C'mon there must be one? dont u think that its nicer for people to know where they may get new things instead of just to tell that you are working on it ?

Also want to know if something good with AI will happen ? now the game is kinda borring computer always fight stupid rush style without any oddity. the most important question is if you guys work on it ? if so then please tell us : we are aware of that problem and work on that .

and little of topic ? where Might&Magic XI ? X was awesome so maybe just get MM6 and put it into new engine :) ?

Drizzt892010
12-07-2015, 08:05 PM
What happened? Patch 1.5 you have released same day as you annouced. https://mmh7.ubi.com/de/blog So what is the release date of 1.6?

sv-Segio
12-08-2015, 10:11 AM
full re-fund my money plz

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
12-08-2015, 04:08 PM
Hello Heroes,

Today patch 1.6 will be available and we would like to share with you the details of what it will contain. Downloading this new update is automatic on both Uplay and Steam.

As previously announced, this new patch will bring it share of fixes, improvements and new content to the game. For more information the following content, do not hesitate to check out previous article Patch 1.6 announcement. (https://mmh7.ubi.com/en/blog/post/view/patch-1-6-announcement)

However we kept a final surprise for all Steam players with the brand new compatibility of Might & Magic Heroes VII with the Steam Workshop platform!

Patch 1.6 top lines:
Various bug fixes and improvements, including missing Skills/Spells bug (see detail below)
A new Skimirsh map: "Global Cooling"
Official Tutorial Map
First batch of game balancing
Random Map Generator now compatible with multiple tile sets
Steamworkshop

Steam Workshop
The Steam Workshop is a web platform that allows Steam players to discover or share new content for the game. Accessible directly from Steam launcher, you will be able to browse all creations from MMH7 Players including both Maps and Mods.

When you find content you wish to add to your game, you just have to click to the 'subscribe' button, content will be automatically available the next time you launch the game without any additional procedure!

Publishing your own creations is also only a few clicks away thanks to the complete integration of Steam Workshop within the editor.

We would like this time again to put the stress on the great work of both HoMMdb.com (http://www.hommdb.com/) and Maps4Heroes (http://www.maps4heroes.com/heroes7/) who have been here since the early beginning of this project (and even more!). A huge thank you from the team.

Blood on the Bay
Our Designer/Writer Julien Pirou prepared a new map to give you an example of what you can create by yourself using the Map Editor included within the game. This scenario map recounts a tale of the Ten Years War as depicted on this Council. It is already available on SteamWorkshop but also for direct download on this website in two versions: "cooked" (a lighter but non-editable version if you are only interested in playing it) and "uncooked" (if you want to open the map in the editor to see how it was done).

The purpose of this map was discussed a few months ago on this Council: A first look at the Map Editor (https://mmh7.ubi.com/us/blog/post/view/a-first-look-at-the-map-editor)

Blood on the Bay:

Description: 846 YSD: Garland of Greystone besieges the city of Bayworth. Baron Clive Morgan must find a way to hold the city. Success will require unconventional methods... but Clive is no conventional lord!
A tale of the Ten Years War.
Cooked (lighter but non-editable version - 28Mo): LINK (https://ubistatic-a.akamaihd.net/0004/prod/images/151208_Patch/Blood_Cooked/BloodOnTheBay.umap)
Where to put it: Documents\My Games\Might & Magic Heroes VII\MMH7Game\CustomMaps\AdventureMaps
Uncooked map link (can be opened and modified in the editor 86Mo): LINK (https://ubistatic-a.akamaihd.net/0004/prod/images/151208_Patch/Blood_Uncooked/BloodOnTheBay.umap)
Where to put it: (Documents\My Games\Might & Magic Heroes VII\MMH7Game\EditorWorkspace)

PATCH 1.6 FULL PATCH NOTE
(https://mmh7.ubi.com/en/blog/post/view/patch-1-6-and-steam-workshop-now-available#)

DenisTheGreat
12-08-2015, 04:41 PM
Great news!
Do you have the full patch note available in other languages or in English only ?

MMHAwS
12-08-2015, 08:18 PM
Still no simultaneous turns! Great job!

KleitusIV
12-08-2015, 08:59 PM
Just updated the game and it looks like something terrible happened to the graphics. Like it's completely washed out and very low-res textures being used. I have gone through the options, changing, saving etc but nothing helps. The game suddenly looks very dull! Please check it!

Lombardic
12-08-2015, 11:01 PM
save games.. are NOT saved..
seems have again to replay the campaign..

sv-Segio
12-09-2015, 04:51 AM
Dear moderators - re-fund my money plz. And deceive others people.
It's game ll never workable...sry, but since your approach to the business - business can not be called.
re-fund my money and I forget you, and you will forget me...like a bad dream.

victorash
12-09-2015, 07:10 AM
So will you implement the option to see in uplay how many hours I spent playing the game (like Steam has)? Or if it is already there, where to find it? 10x

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
12-09-2015, 02:34 PM
Hi sv-Segio, we are unable to offer refunds through the forum. You will need to contact your retailer, if Ubisoft then please open a ticket here https://support.ubi.com

Thanks

Hi KleitusIV, which version number do you have on your screen please?

The game saturation levels were changed in patch 1.4 https://mmh7.ubi.com/en/blog/post/view/the-road-ahead

Or it is possible that the map you are using does not have the colour saturation changes.

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
12-09-2015, 04:32 PM
Hi Heroes,

Please see this thread http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1347974-Patch-1-6-is-now-available-along-with-Steam-Workshop-and-the-quot-Blood-on-the-Bay-quot-map!

Thanks

lotoreo1
12-09-2015, 04:56 PM
Well, that is the saddest and most disappointing patch since 1.3!
-) You add a steam workshop that is not available for everyone who bought the game directly from your company.
-) You speak of balancing, and then there is only 12 small changes in that category. Thats some MAJOR balancing there!
-) Multiplayer update: Still needs port forwarding, and though I don't care to try anymore, I bet there are still enough oos errors.
-) A Map that is not installed directly via the update, but needs to be copy/pasted manually? :D

What a fun patch. Lets see what game breaking bug it will add this time :)

R-Draco
12-09-2015, 07:45 PM
Thanks for the update

Keep up the good work!

MMHAwS
12-09-2015, 07:52 PM
Oh ho..., what a surprise!

We had a 4 player game... We enter battlescreen, after battlscreen. Now I understand why is the epilepsy warning, at the beginning.

We can play 30 complete MINUTES! (including the battles), and then, on the first WEEK, day 4 the game "surprisely" CRASHED. (out of sync for sure)

Thx for the patch guys! Nice job!

romeck2010
12-09-2015, 08:57 PM
Well, that is the saddest and most disappointing patch since 1.3!
-) You add a steam workshop that is not available for everyone who bought the game directly from your company.
-) You speak of balancing, and then there is only 12 small changes in that category. Thats some MAJOR balancing there!
-) Multiplayer update: Still needs port forwarding, and though I don't care to try anymore, I bet there are still enough oos errors.
-) A Map that is not installed directly via the update, but needs to be copy/pasted manually? :D

What a fun patch. Lets see what game breaking bug it will add this time :)

do not forget efeeret ninja so good unit that no one can see it :)

KleitusIV
12-11-2015, 09:28 PM
https://mmh7.ubi.com/en/blog/post/view/the-road-ahead[/URL]

Or it is possible that the map you are using does not have the colour saturation changes.

I noticed the change coming from patch 1.5 to 1.6. I run through uPlay and always have it updated. It was on the final Necromancer campaign map. It looks like the textures are of very low res and blurred out. Like the stable building looks like I run ultra low resolution and textures (I run 2560x1600 all highest settings).

victorash
12-12-2015, 10:22 AM
I noticed the change coming from patch 1.5 to 1.6. I run through uPlay and always have it updated. It was on the final Necromancer campaign map. It looks like the textures are of very low res and blurred out. Like the stable building looks like I run ultra low resolution and textures (I run 2560x1600 all highest settings).
Maybe if you would provide a screenshot here all would be more clear...

kejdawg
12-12-2015, 11:21 PM
Cool, keep up the good work guys!

samlans
12-16-2015, 11:23 AM
Ey i got a question can a ubisoft user use the steam workshop or atleast add the items from the steam workshop in though the normale game.
Because i brought Heroes of might and magic 7 from the store in my town, the only probleem it wouldnt activate on steam so i only have it on ubisoft.
My question is can i use the steam workshop for heroes of might and magic 7 in a way if you dont have this game on steam?
Sorry for my bad english

Lamqta999
02-01-2016, 09:22 AM
Dear colleagues and fans of Heroes 7,

Could you please tell me how to install the 1.6 or 1.7 patches to my original bought Heroes 7 game?

Thanks in advance
Lamqta

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
02-01-2016, 03:59 PM
Hi Lamqta999, I have answered your other post here http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1375174-Patch-1-7-announcement?p=11337058&viewfull=1#post11337058

Mooski1
02-07-2016, 09:38 PM
Hello Ubisoft anyone,

For the last 2 months, I have actively sought to complete one online game of Heroes VII with my gf.

To date, this has been impossible. Small glitches and bugs aside, the olnie game continues to crash time and time again, particularly when it comes to fighting and defeating computer players.

We had some hope with the most recent patch that these online issues would be resolved. However, not only does the game crash regularly, putting up a "please wait..." window that never leaves, but often even saved games are inaccessible, as she receives "you do not have that saved game messages".

Despite the patch, she cannot host an online game on her server - server times out for me.

We bought the game to play together online - your company went to market with a product that doesnt work - and there appears to be no clear direction, timeline, or commitment by your team to give purchasers a working game. Moreover, you have denied a request for a refund, as "its not your policy". However, it is not my policy as a consumer to buy things promoted as working that are broken.

When will someone be accountable to these issues and commit to an actual fix?

Limbic_Dan
02-08-2016, 11:51 AM
Hi Mooski1 Apologies to hear you've constantly encountered the same issues.
I directly spoke to the man who would be able to further help or even resolve this issue for you (atleast provide more feedback) At first glance this seems very user specific (read not everyone will experience this issue, we need more info)
What he has first asked me for is that you provide us the log files from your Girlfriends game/computer. The save games for this Muliplayer session.
Also Verify your files on either Steam or Uplay (or both it wont hurt to do both) and try. The Verify button is actually quite useful for heroes i've found!

You can get your launch logs by following this path on your PC.

C:\Users\[username]Documents\My Games\Might & Magic Heroes VII\MMH7Game\Logs

It will be a txt file named Launch.

And for savegames you can follow this path.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\savegames

Just click through the folders with random numbers until you get to the .save files.

To ensure you send me the correct ones it would be really helpful if you could try to launch the game as you would if it worked, and create a save. Then close the game. Then when you follow the above paths the files will have a time/date stamp next to them so you'll see that it's the correct one.

You can email me directly so I can assist you further at singleton@limbic-entertainment.de

lotoreo1
02-09-2016, 04:07 PM
Are you kidding us? Nobody can play online games, and you know that quite well.

And now you treat that poor guy like there is something he could do about it. He can verify his game all day long, 24/7. And multiplayer still would not work. So save him the trouble, and tell him to refund the game, that makes more sense...

And manually providing all logs is something for beta testers, not for paying customers. Just start multiplayer once, and you will get a log of a non working game. Easy as that, you should have tried once...