PDA

View Full Version : New Community Manager in town : let's get to know each other better!

Ubi-JollyCharly
12-08-2015, 01:31 PM
Hello everyone,

I have the great honor to be your new Community Manager for Trials Frontier :)

I will be available on the forums to answer all your questions, help you out or just share about the game, and more!
We are very sorry about the lack of communication this last weeks, transition periods are always a bit chaotic.

I come from the free-to-play online gaming industry, where I was also CM, and I am very happy to be here with you guys !
I hope we will keep on building a nice community here, where we can exchange tips, share experience, but also just spend some quality time!

Should you have any question, about the game, about me, about Ubisoft, or anything really, please do not hesitate to contact me.
To get to know each other a bit better, you can use this thread to ask me questions. For each question I answer, I will ask you one in return ;)

JollyCharly

HiEverybody3
12-08-2015, 03:19 PM
Nice to meet you, JollyCharly! I think the whole Trials Frontier community appreciates you being here to help us. I don't have any questions yet, but I may in the future. :)

big_ligands
12-08-2015, 03:20 PM
Hey nice to meet you jollycharly. Glad to hear the communication channels are widening. How did you end up CM of trials frontier? Do you have any special interest in trials?

Ubi-JollyCharly
12-08-2015, 03:47 PM
Thank you both for your message :)
I look forward exchanging with you in the forums!

To answer your question @big_ligands, I am still a bit of a noob when it comes to Trials Frontier, but I am sure I will learn very quickly with this community. From what I saw, there is a lot of experts here, and who can't get passionate about this game?! ;)
I have experience in mobile games and free-to-play, so I think it's because I know this type of community that I ended up here as you say :D
I already noticed your signature in some other threads, it's a funny one!
So my question for you : what is your favorite track?

JollyCharly

HiEverybody3
12-08-2015, 04:11 PM
So my question for you : what is your favorite track?

I don't really have one, but if I had to pick one, I'd say Trojan Giraffe, mainly because all of the timesavers there. It feels so good when you hit them! What's yours?

Ubi-JollyCharly
12-08-2015, 04:58 PM
I don't really have one, but if I had to pick one, I'd say Trojan Giraffe, mainly because all of the timesavers there. It feels so good when you hit them! What's yours?

It's a little bit early for me to say, I am still a beginner :D

Fevves
12-08-2015, 07:13 PM
Welcome on board JC.

Just get to G00nzi (http://forums.ubi.com/member.php/1833499-G00nzi)'s level and we'll feel much better and rather cosy having more then one or two great community managers.

Question: Why haven't you played Trials franchise before?

whiteboy109thst
12-08-2015, 08:08 PM
Hi JollyCharly, I don't mean this in a rude or negative way but how can someone who is still "a noob" and doesn't know much about the game become a community manager? I mean, wouldn't that negatively impact your ability to answer questions and understand issues, concerns and ideas regarding the game?

xitooner
12-08-2015, 08:23 PM
Nice to meet you JollyCharly! Hope Trials will suck you into playing like it did for us. :)

Being a community manager speaks more to how well he handles people/players and reports RLs stance on game updates, etc. ..rather than being an expert at the game itself (all us forum posters handle most of the game-specific experience questions anyway). But yeah, the ideal managers are also gamers too, since it helps us to know you can relate to the issues as a player.

flooodi
12-08-2015, 10:27 PM
Welcome JollyCharly to the frontier community!

Which country you come from?
Will you start playing Frontier also? If yes, on Android or iOS?

justinman114
12-09-2015, 03:24 AM
Welcome sir!

FatalDragon69
12-09-2015, 04:22 AM
!! Welcome JollyCharly !! :cool:

Does this mean that we've lost G00nzi and mattshotcha now or is there 3 of you here to help out now ??

Ubi-JollyCharly
12-09-2015, 01:52 PM
Hi JollyCharly, I don't mean this in a rude or negative way but how can someone who is still "a noob" and doesn't know much about the game become a community manager? I mean, wouldn't that negatively impact your ability to answer questions and understand issues, concerns and ideas regarding the game?

Hi whiteboy109thst,

No offense taken ;)
But think it that way. Imagine Ubisoft needs to hire a new CM, if they try to find a CM that matches the requirement, is available, and play the games they need him for, they'll still be looking :D Their are so many games out there, that the odds finding a CM that is already an expert in your game are very low.
And, most of the times, a CM takes care of several games, which is my case. So I started playing once I new I will be CM on Trials Frontier, and don't worry, I'll catch up ;)

Nice to meet you JollyCharly! Hope Trials will suck you into playing like it did for us. :)

Being a community manager speaks more to how well he handles people/players and reports RLs stance on game updates, etc. ..rather than being an expert at the game itself (all us forum posters handle most of the game-specific experience questions anyway). But yeah, the ideal managers are also gamers too, since it helps us to know you can relate to the issues as a player.

Hi xitooner,

You are quite right indeed, community management is not only about the game, but about communication with the players and the studios.
But it is important to know the game well enough to relate with the issues players are facing, to understand their requests, etc.

Welcome JollyCharly to the frontier community!

Which country you come from?
Will you start playing Frontier also? If yes, on Android or iOS?

Hello Floodi,

I am French :D
I already started playing, I am on Android (I'll ask for friends when I won't be that ashamed of my performances :p )

Welcome sir!

Thanks Justinman114 :)

But I'm a lady ;)
(whaaaaat? 0_o )

!! Welcome JollyCharly !! :cool:

Does this mean that we've lost G00nzi and mattshotcha now or is there 3 of you here to help out now ??

Hi FatalDragon69,

not at all!!! You haven't lost anyone, don't worry! Everybody remains, I will just be now "in charge" of the forums, as Iker was before. He'll still be around sometimes though.

JollyCharly

Sl1mboy84_T3F
12-09-2015, 04:53 PM
Bon et ben comme on dit chez nous bienvenue JollyCharly..!

sanymas
12-09-2015, 05:02 PM
Welcome madam
My name is Sanjay and i am from India
As you have started playing tf now,do you like the game,do you have all the levels or you have to start like any other player and earn all.
Now for some work
The longest draging issue which is haunting every trail player is the gifting issue,RL said they are studying it,it's been months we have heard anything from RL.
Can you get some insight from RL.
Any problems regarding playing trail we all are there to help.

Ubi-JollyCharly
12-09-2015, 06:14 PM
Bon et ben comme on dit chez nous bienvenue JollyCharly..!

Et bien merci ^^

Welcome madam
My name is Sanjay and i am from India
As you have started playing tf now,do you like the game,do you have all the levels or you have to start like any other player and earn all.
Now for some work
The longest draging issue which is haunting every trail player is the gifting issue,RL said they are studying it,it's been months we have heard anything from RL.
Can you get some insight from RL.
Any problems regarding playing trail we all are there to help.

Hello Sanymas,

I have to start from the beginning, like everyone else. And I think it's better to have a real user experience to relate to the players.

Regarding your work-related question, I will ask RedLynx about this issue and come back to you as soon as I have some info. Could you explain me with a bit more details what is the problem you are facing. You can contact me in PM for that if you want.

cheers

JollyCharly

Fevves
12-09-2015, 10:05 PM
I have to start from the beginning, like everyone else. And I think it's better to have a real user experience to relate to the players.

Seen that statement, I'll repeat my Q (as seen here: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1347913-New-Community-Manager-in-town-let-s-get-to-know-each-other-better!?p=11201792&viewfull=1#post11201792): Why haven't you played the Trials franchise before?

sanymas
12-10-2015, 12:22 AM
Hi jollycharly
I would prefer communications in this thread rather than pm.
Gift issue is all over the forums,any page you read from last few months you will know about it.
I thought you have done your homework beforehand.��

justinman114
12-10-2015, 01:44 AM
Thanks Justinman114 :)

But I'm a lady ;)
(whaaaaat? 0_o )

JollyCharly

Ooh my bad! In that case, welcome, mademoiselle!

(Is that the correct French?)

Ubi-JollyCharly
12-10-2015, 11:52 AM
Seen that statement, I'll repeat my Q (as seen here: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1347913-New-Community-Manager-in-town-let-s-get-to-know-each-other-better!?p=11201792&viewfull=1#post11201792): Why haven't you played the Trials franchise before?

Hi Fevves,

I kind of answered that in an other post, but to be more specific : I didn't play Trials Frontier before, because it's the way it is. Did you play all available games in you app store?
Well, neither did I, and unfortunately Trials Frontier didn't come across my path until now.
And I do agree with you, I missed something! :D
Nobody's perfect...

Hi jollycharly
I would prefer communications in this thread rather than pm.
Gift issue is all over the forums,any page you read from last few months you will know about it.
I thought you have done your homework beforehand.��

Hi Sanymas,

If you expect me to know 100% of the bugs, players suggestions, old discussions in 3 days, I will disappoint you for sure :p
I guess you'll have to wait I finish my homework for me to forward your question then ;)

Ooh my bad! In that case, welcome, mademoiselle!

(Is that the correct French?)

It is the correct word ^^

JollyCharly

G00nzi
12-10-2015, 12:55 PM
Welcome, JollyCharly :)

And yes, everyone will still be here assisting on different issues.

G00nzi

sanymas
12-10-2015, 04:44 PM
Hi Fevves,

I kind of answered that in an other post, but to be more specific : I didn't play Trials Frontier before, because it's the way it is. Did you play all available games in you app store?
Well, neither did I, and unfortunately Trials Frontier didn't come across my path until now.
Nobody's perfect...

Hi Sanymas,

If you expect me to know 100% of the bugs, players suggestions, old discussions in 3 days, I will disappoint you for sure :p
I guess you'll have to wait I finish my homework for me to forward your question then ;)

It is the correct word ^^

JollyCharly

Yes you are right.
Take your own time
Until then enjoy the game and waiting for your reply

Fevves
12-10-2015, 11:59 PM
Hi Fevves,

Nobody's perfect...

JollyCharly

Lol, why so nervous? The way it is? So dull and bland, might I say. Who cares about ALL APP STORE GAMES in the first place (/me mumbling about teh formatting and comparison all the way)? Instead, we do care about Trials franchise and TF in particular in this very forum section, so your re is somewhat "out of bounce" as I intentionally aimed at your specific Trials experience.

...as you said... no one is perfect, but I beg to differ and I did played all trials games so I expect of our community managers to know their homework and not just land here to pat us on our backs (no pun meant).

G00nzi and DumpTruck are the example of those hardcore and true gem mods/riders who fully understands this "small" community. I trust you'll up the pace with them and will have a lots of fun and joy while riding with us :D

So welcome on board JC ;)

Cheers.

Whitechapple
12-11-2015, 06:02 AM
Welcome JC! I like the way you have handled some of the initial hostility you received for being a Frontier n00b. Even more I appreciate the honesty about the issue - this is way more important to me than having a long Trials history.

My question is this: a lot of us have missed out, at one point or another, in limited time events with prizes such as tracks, rider outfits, and blueprints for new bikes. Will there be a way to get these prizes down the road? I understand that is would cheapen the prizes if they were available right after the event ended, but I also think they should be available at some point, even if it is a couple months later.

hwut
12-11-2015, 06:39 AM
My question is this: a lot of us have missed out, at one point or another, in limited time events with prizes such as tracks, rider outfits, and blueprints for new bikes. Will there be a way to get these prizes down the road? I understand that is would cheapen the prizes if they were available right after the event ended, but I also think they should be available at some point, even if it is a couple months later.

I'm no community manager, but I can confidently say that most outfits/paint jobs/tracks/blueprints will become available again after they are first released. The current scheme suggests missed prizes (especially seasonal ones) will be made available again around a year after their respective events.

Examples:
- Pumpkin King outfit - first released as part of a $15 USD (?) bundle, then re-released back in October as an threshold prize.
- Hipster Yeti Outfit - first released during the Frostpocalypse, available right now in gift boxes
- Frostpocalypse Tracks - Same as above
- Ancient Guardian outfit and Phantom paint job - available right now in gift boxes

These examples are just what came to mind. There are many other formerly exclusive prizes that I neglected to mention.

My point is, don't fret if you missed something recent. It'll be back for you to earn soon enough. Unless it's something like the High Roller outfit - that was limited to 500 copies to increase it's potential rarity and likely won't be returning...

CagBall
12-11-2015, 01:42 PM
Welcome JollyCharly! It's always good to have more support around. :)

My question: Have you wrestled Anba yet? I think this should be part of the job criteria.

Ubi-JollyCharly
12-11-2015, 07:34 PM
Lol, why so nervous? The way it is? So dull and bland, might I say. Who cares about ALL APP STORE GAMES in the first place (/me mumbling about teh formatting and comparison all the way)? Instead, we do care about Trials franchise and TF in particular in this very forum section, so your re is somewhat "out of bounce" as I intentionally aimed at your specific Trials experience.
...as you said... no one is perfect, but I beg to differ and I did played all trials games so I expect of our community managers to know their homework and not just land here to pat us on our backs (no pun meant).
G00nzi and DumpTruck are the example of those hardcore and true gem mods/riders who fully understands this "small" community. I trust you'll up the pace with them and will have a lots of fun and joy while riding with us :D

So welcome on board JC ;)

Cheers.

Hello Fevves,

I guess you know that CM are employees from the company, Ubisoft in our case. This means that we potentially can work on any Ubisoft games, and I am also CM for other games. I haven't been chosen because I am a Trials expert, but because I am a good (fingers crossed :p) community manager.
I am not nervous at all, but as you said, you aimed at my Trials experience to place me in a difficult position from the beginning.
Fair enough, if pointing at strangers flows is your way to welcome them :p

As far as I know llDumptruckll is a moderator, meaning a player that was very active in the forums, and then has been asked by RL team if he would like to help on the forums.
And G00nzie, as it is specified on his tittle, is working for QA.
So we do have different functions in the forum, different level of knowledge, different access to the information, and so on. A comparison between us is not very relevant.
Now that it has been cleared out, I hope we will manage to work together as a community, with different profiles, different opinions, but always in mutual respect.

Cheers :)

Welcome JC! I like the way you have handled some of the initial hostility you received for being a Frontier n00b. Even more I appreciate the honesty about the issue - this is way more important to me than having a long Trials history.

Hello Whitechapple,

Thank you for your understanding ^^

As Hwut said, most of the rewards from past events will be available again. It can come back for another event - correct me if I m wrong, but it was the case with this Halloween event offering rewards from last year Halloween event. Or they can be released as in-app bundle. Some however are exclusive items and won't be offered again.
The exact calendar won't be communicated in advance, obviously. But it seems that some players already noticed a pattern here ;)

Welcome JollyCharly! It's always good to have more support around. :)

My question: Have you wrestled Anba yet? I think this should be part of the job criteria.

Hello CagBall,

because I want to keep my honor safe (for now), I'll only say that my fingers coordination is not as good as I thought it was :p

JollyCharly

Fevves
12-12-2015, 07:23 PM
Hello Fevves,

I guess you know that CM are employees from the company, Ubisoft in our case. This means that we potentially can work on any Ubisoft games, and I am also CM for other games. I haven't been chosen because I am a Trials expert, but because I am a good (fingers crossed :p) community manager.
I am not nervous at all, but as you said, you aimed at my Trials experience to place me in a difficult position from the beginning.
Fair enough, if pointing at strangers flows is your way to welcome them :p

Hey JC, I don't like pushing myself in some kind of an odd "dispute", but I still beg to differ ;) Being on the internet from 1997, managing "few" forums and sites as an admin, community admin, moderator or even first line support is always "pushing" and placing me in the position to be interested in "new comers" of certain rank.

Pointing finger @you is not what is happening (even if it would be so, it certainly would have NOT be happening cause you're a female, just to clear this out), it's how you interpret my POV which might differ from yours. If I want to point my finger at someone I will surely do so. I merely nudged you a bit so to understand your reactions and I have had your initial feedback. I thank you for that.

As far as I know llDumptruckll is a moderator, meaning a player that was very active in the forums, and then has been asked by RL team if he would like to help on the forums.
I know where DT was/is coming from and who he is. He's much more then a mod. He managed stuff a mod would not have to and he was full of understanding for TF riders, cause he is/was the Trials HD, EVO, Fusion and Frontier rider too, living the game(s) together with us. He is versatile and without prejudice.

And G00nzie, as it is specified on his tittle, is working for QA.
So we do have different functions in the forum, different level of knowledge, different access to the information, and so on. A comparison between us is not very relevant.

Oh, but it is relevant. See.. G00nzi is also "living" this game with us, giving his best, and he's also providing much help on the issues he maybe shouldn't be bothered with. Kudos G00nzi! ;)

Also 'cause all of you guys should be here to share our same experience, aid us when we need you. To be able to do so, you have to understand us, the game and be at par - never above us. I believe that forum managers have to understand and know the base, be good at it and be versatile in treating the base while managing the community without judging the community (the community IS always entitled to judge the forum managers though). The base around this place is the game itself. Titles or no titles, one can do more if he's not thinking in only "black and white", but in "colors" - not that you're doing so, I'm not stating that.

Now that it has been cleared out, I hope we will manage to work together as a community, with different profiles, different opinions, but always in mutual respect.

I sure hope you understand my POV without any ill thoughts about it. Happy riding and forum managing, and I hope we'll meet in the game sometimes.

Cheers,

Fevv.

/eol

Whitechapple
12-13-2015, 08:41 AM
because I want to keep my honor safe (for now), I'll only say that my fingers coordination is not as good as I thought it was :p
JollyCharly
I think we all felt like this to begin with!
This game is deceptively simple looking, but it takes a great deal of practice to master. My original GameBoy had enough buttons to control the Trials Frontier bike, yet if you watch just one of Carteclem's Top 10 Tutorials you'll probably discover a dozen new techniques that will take weeks if not months to replicate flawlessly.

Oh, one more question. Force Touch is the new hotness in the iPhone 6s world... Is there any talk of implementing it into the game? Not with actual gameplay - you wouldn't want to mess up tried and true gameplay, but maybe in the menus it might be nice.

NL-CasperH
12-17-2015, 07:53 AM
Hello Ubi-JollyCharly,

You are also in contact with support?? Can you ask them to help me with my problems?? I have a couple of tickets, also written in de "Pending ticket support" part in this forum but i dont get any reaction

Ubi-JollyCharly
12-17-2015, 05:04 PM
Hello CasperH,

I am in contact with the support, yes.
there are always some delays before the support answers, I would say around a week. Is your request older than a week? Are all your tickets about the same issue?

JollyCharly

NL-CasperH
12-18-2015, 12:29 PM
Hello CasperH,

I am in contact with the support, yes.
there are always some delays before the support answers, I would say around a week. Is your request older than a week? Are all your tickets about the same issue?

JollyCharly

Hello JolyCharly,

well, the oldest one is from 2 november, and I have another one from 9 december. All about the Tapjoy issue. But G00nzi contacted me this morning about this. I'm glad it's taken care of

Ubi-JollyCharly
12-18-2015, 02:56 PM
Hello JolyCharly,

well, the oldest one is from 2 november, and I have another one from 9 december. All about the Tapjoy issue. But G00nzi contacted me this morning about this. I'm glad it's taken care of

Hello CasperH,

I am glad to hear it is solved. G00nzie told me the tickets are solved and closed now :)

Enjoy!

JollyCharly

NL-CasperH
12-18-2015, 04:06 PM
Hello CasperH,

I am glad to hear it is solved. G00nzie told me the tickets are solved and closed now :)

Enjoy!

JollyCharly

yes it is:D:D:D:D It's like early Christmas haha

Thank you very much both!!

ryanv35
12-22-2015, 09:42 PM
Gotta feel kind of bad for Charly coming into this position right along with this Christmas event. It's a tough job as it is, but then we get all of the complaints that this event has created... I don't envy her at the moment, but hope that it gets better and she can become a great member of our community.

Fevves
12-23-2015, 11:26 AM
But she already is. For sure it's not her fault we're mumbling on the few of the game aspects/event(s). It's not like she made it, she's managing our pranks ;)

Ubi-JollyCharly
12-23-2015, 12:41 PM
Gotta feel kind of bad for Charly coming into this position right along with this Christmas event. It's a tough job as it is, but then we get all of the complaints that this event has created... I don't envy her at the moment, but hope that it gets better and she can become a great member of our community.

Hi ryanv35,

Thanks so much for your concern! Very nice of you ^^
But don't worry, I'm all good.
Dealing with bad mood is part of the CM job, and actually I think it can be a good thing I arrived just now. I dived directly into the community, no time to be shy :p
And I also think it is during tougher times that we can built greater connections.

But she already is. For sure it's not her fault we're mumbling on the few of the game aspects/event(s). It's not like she made it, she's managing our pranks ;)

Hello Fevves,

exactly!
and actually, if I had done this event, you'd be much more complaining, I can't write a line of code :D

JollyCharly

sacpush
01-11-2016, 12:30 AM
Hi jollycharly
I don't know y I ain't getting gifts at all
I have reinstalled the game 3 times but the problem still persists I m a regular bunker player and it really is now being a major problem without getting tickets
plz look into this matter

FatalDragon69
01-13-2016, 07:08 PM
Hi JollyCharly,

This is an issue I brought up with G00nzi a little while back and shortly after there was a post made stating that it had been Fixed but in reality nothing had or has changed with it, so I'm hoping that you can follow-up on it and pass it on to the Devs for us again and hopefully get it sorted for us once and for all.....

Can stop the camera from zooming-out as far as it does, at the following point (pictured below) on the New Widowmaker Track.....

http://i.imgur.com/UJnY4P3.png (http://imgur.com/UJnY4P3)

I play on a Samsung Galaxy S4 which has a 5" screen, which actually looks more like this to me.....

http://i.imgur.com/UJnY4P3m.png (http://imgur.com/UJnY4P3)

It zooms-out pretty fast when I get up onto that platform then everything is hard to see and judge when I need to lean and accelerate etc. as it's too far out, I have to wait for it to finish zooming-out so I can try getting past the next obstacle.....It basically puts me off my run thus effecting my efforts towards acquiring medals and the track is hard enough as it is without needing to hold a magnifying glass as well.....There's just no need for it to zoom-out THAT far in my opinion !?!?

I hope you understand what I mean and can get this sorted for us SOON,

Sorry, I wasn't sure where to post this as there's no Q&A Thread for this month, so Hopefully you can add it to the List in your New "Community Raised Issues and Suggestions" Thread !?!?

!! Thanks in Advance !! :cool:

Ubi-JollyCharly
01-14-2016, 05:49 PM
Hi FatalDragon69,

Have a look to the new update (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1371868-Update-3-8-0-14-01-16), I think you'll be happy to read that this bug has been fixed!

JollyCharly

FatalDragon69
01-15-2016, 11:13 PM
Hi FatalDragon69,

Have a look to the new update (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1371868-Update-3-8-0-14-01-16), I think you'll be happy to read that this bug has been fixed!

JollyCharly

Yeah I noticed it earlier but didn't have time to post.....Many Thanks for the Fix, I've only had a couple of runs on the Widowmaker since the update but as far as I saw, it's a lot better now !!

Please pass-on my Thanks and Appreciation to the Devs for doing this for us.....Nice One, Cheers !! :cool:

Ubi-JollyCharly
01-18-2016, 07:12 PM
Will do :)

JollyCharly