PDA

View Full Version : Noticed something during playing the Bounty Hunts

seancass37
12-07-2015, 07:07 PM
While playing the bounty hunt I have noticed that you really do not have to use carriages. I have done a couple of bounty hunts and actually walked the prisoner to the delivery point ( with eagle vision on in order to see cops and blighters)

Frag_Maniac
12-07-2015, 07:25 PM
Yeah I did my last one that way, but it was mostly because there was more grass than streets and carriages between the pick up and drop off points.

I'm finding the most interesting ones are Strongholds with Rooks you have to free and defend. All the others are pretty easy and repetitive. What makes them interesting is you can't just use stealth and kill guards one by one. Even if they don't see the ones you kill, after a short while the ones guarding the prisoners will start attacking them, and if they die, you fail the bonus objective.

DazKRaptorSquad
12-08-2015, 02:04 AM
I stopped even trying to use carriages as the bounty person usually died. Much easier to just walk/run them to the drop off.

Frag_Maniac
12-08-2015, 03:42 AM
Meh, it can be fun and a break from the easy stealth stuff if you upgrade your carriage and knife skills and ram the ones you can, and then toss knives from the roof. Evie in particular is VERY lethal with max knife skills. Plus they're quite, so less chance of alerting cops. My fave thing though his getting in a good ram that sends the driver flying. LOL

I just wish carriages didn't have that dang motion blur locked to them when you get going fast. Really annoying.

strigoi1958
12-08-2015, 05:56 AM
walked... that is hardcore... too many police and enemy carriages and blighters

Anykeyer
12-08-2015, 07:54 AM
I'm finding the most interesting ones are Strongholds with Rooks you have to free and defend. All the others are pretty easy and repetitive. What makes them interesting is you can't just use stealth and kill guards one by one. Even if they don't see the ones you kill, after a short while the ones guarding the prisoners will start attacking them, and if they die, you fail the bonus objective.

Actually they dont unless you "free" them. But freeing Rooks doesnt require going next to them and pressing a button, it means "kill the guy that's assigned to watch him". So just kill that guy last and you wont have to worry about a crazy Rook running around seeking his death.

Frag_Maniac
12-08-2015, 10:16 PM
Actually they dont unless you "free" them. But freeing Rooks doesnt require going next to them and pressing a button, it means "kill the guy that's assigned to watch him". So just kill that guy last and you wont have to worry about a crazy Rook running around seeking his death.

Not true at all, I don't know how many Rook Prisoner Strongholds you've played, but once you get to the harder ones, they WILL attack the Rooks if you just keep killing guards. And the Rooks will also take off to attack guards once you free them and you cannot command them to stay put. So chaos can easily break out resulting in prisoner death and failed side objective if you're not careful.

Anykeyer
12-09-2015, 08:15 AM
All of them.
There is always exactly 1 guy guarding each rook. Killing him and only him frees your rook. You just have to guess which one bc usually there are several guys walking around.

Frag_Maniac
12-09-2015, 10:23 AM
All of them.
There is always exactly 1 guy guarding each rook. Killing him and only him frees your rook. You just have to guess which one bc usually there are several guys walking around.

You said they don't unless you free them, which sounded like you meant the guards don't attack them. Now you're talking about nothing but killing the guard guarding him, that's different. There are also rooks outside sometimes with more than one guard near them. I have seen enough guards randomly attack prisoner rooks after killing a few guards that I never assume I can just keep killing guards anymore.

Anykeyer
12-09-2015, 12:38 PM
No. I said "free". Rooks dont fight and dont get attacked unless you kill that specific guy guarding them.
Often there are a lot of guys near your rook but only 1 of them is the actual guard. You just have to correctly guess who he is and snipe him last.

YazX_
12-09-2015, 05:41 PM
No. I said "free". Rooks dont fight and dont get attacked unless you kill that specific guy guarding them.
Often there are a lot of guys near your rook but only 1 of them is the actual guard. You just have to correctly guess who he is and snipe him last.

Yep exactly or if you got detected or sent rooks to fight the guards and that specific guard left his spot then the prisoner will stand up and join the fight, so its very important to leave this guy till the end.

Frag_Maniac
12-10-2015, 03:19 AM
I don't know what you're arguing now Anykey, and quite frankly I don't care. I said I saw guards attacking rooks while I was stealth killing guards one at a time, and you challenged that to be wrong. I know what I saw, it happened more than once.

There are many things that some experience in this game that others don't, like the carriage repair I mentioned in another thread. I don't know why they seem to happen randomly, but that's not the point. I refuse to be called a liar and sit here and take it.

Anykeyer
12-10-2015, 07:21 AM
Im arguing bc this is wrong:

You totally can and I already explained twice how you do it.
The point wasnt to call you liar or any such nonsense.