PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed Syndicate - All Dreadful Crimes Mission for PC

Speedy_PC
12-07-2015, 03:51 AM
G'day :)

When will the Assassin's Creed Syndicate - All Dreadful Crimes Mission be available for add-on or DLC for PC as I'm fully aware it only for PlayStation platform, because I'm interesting to add these to my PC platform.

Cheers.

YazX_
12-07-2015, 10:06 AM
Hello,

Still there is no official word on it but some reports say Jan-March 2016, though i hope it comes earlier for PC.

PointyEBT
12-14-2015, 01:46 AM
All I can say is that they had better come to PC at some point. I paid as much (if not more - the uplay site is currently quoting more for PC version) for my game as anyone on the PS4 platform did. These missions have already been coded and programmed. So to me that means I paid at least the same price for what is currently an incomplete game. I don't mind waiting a bit for them, but I will be extremely annoyed if they don't get released outside the PS4 at some point in the not too distant future.

strigoi1958
12-14-2015, 05:55 AM
All I can say is that they had better come to PC at some point. I paid as much (if not more - the uplay site is currently quoting more for PC version) for my game as anyone on the PS4 platform did. These missions have already been coded and programmed. So to me that means I paid at least the same price for what is currently an incomplete game. I don't mind waiting a bit for them, but I will be extremely annoyed if they don't get released outside the PS4 at some point in the not too distant future.

1. When we pay more for games, do not forget, more work goes into pc games and pc games have far more options and resolutions ( I don't see PS4 owners complaining they buy the games and they are incomplete because they don't get 4k resolution and nvidia gameworks and higher FPS. ;)
2. The game IS complete.... Sony paid extra for the dreadful crimes and gave them to the PS4 owners... it was extra... if I buy an ice cream and someone else buys an ice cream but their friend buys toppings and cream and chocolate and marshmallows for it.... my ice cream is not incomplete just because i didn't get the extras that SOMEONE paid to be added.
3. if they get released for PC I expect to pay for them... unless you can persuade Sony to pay for PC owners as well ;)

Anykeyer
12-14-2015, 08:17 AM
Its still pretty bad practice. Platform exlusive games I can understand, but if you release your game you absolutely need to bring all its content unless there are unavoidable technical restrictions.

MrkillerhomerxD
12-14-2015, 10:14 AM
1. When we pay more for games, do not forget, more work goes into pc games and pc games have far more options and resolutions ( I don't see PS4 owners complaining they buy the games and they are incomplete because they don't get 4k resolution and nvidia gameworks and higher FPS. ;)
2. The game IS complete.... Sony paid extra for the dreadful crimes and gave them to the PS4 owners... it was extra... if I buy an ice cream and someone else buys an ice cream but their friend buys toppings and cream and chocolate and marshmallows for it.... my ice cream is not incomplete just because i didn't get the extras that SOMEONE paid to be added.
3. if they get released for PC I expect to pay for them... unless you can persuade Sony to pay for PC owners as well ;)

which means that ANYONE with season pass HAVE to get it as anyone with season pass payed for ALL DLC, you sell a season pass and then release some DLC that season pass holders still have to pay for, that is just wrong.
ofc i got the big ben edition and got the season pass for "free" =P

strigoi1958
12-14-2015, 03:04 PM
not necessarily because if it is an expansion pack not DLC it is an optional purchase.

@Anykeyer that's just good business. If it was you or I offered money to keep a tiny part of our product hidden from some people for a short while... you'd be filling your pockets as quickly as me ;)

Anykeyer
12-14-2015, 05:22 PM
Maybe I would, as a greedy publisher suit. But as the actual developer - nope. I would be interested in having a complete/definitive representation of my work across all platforms.
And no, its not a good business as it harms customer relations and in effect sales of this and even other products. I personally didnt buy a lot of games due to this reason alone, inability to get full version, either because of platforms or preorder stuff never made available later.

strigoi1958
12-15-2015, 01:50 AM
No it does not harm customer relations because like the ice cream analogy... it doesn't affect customers when others have extras paid for by someone else.... it only affects customers who mistakenly think it is something free they didn't receive....

As for being a dev and having complete/definitive representation... that would involve being the 51% shareholder and that would make us the suit. ;)

Anykeyer
12-15-2015, 09:09 AM
It does. By your logic its ok to sell a bare minimum and charge extra for anything else, everyone should be happy. It doesnt work this way (unless you have a monopoly). All customers prefer getting more for less. If one seller gives toppings for free he will get more buyers. Simple as that. The only problem is balancing expenses vs price to make a profit from it. But in case of the digital product you basically have infinite supply and no logictics. So of the content is already created there is no real reason why it cant be made available (not necessary for free) to everyone. And thats why they are many developers and publishers (blizzard, cd projekt, bethesda and others) willing to properly support their products after initial sale, often not charging anything. Because this builds a loyal customer base for them.
Ofc this conflicts with Ubisofts' usual "grab and run" practice. Honestly I dont know how they are still in business.

strigoi1958
12-15-2015, 01:45 PM
There is no bare minimum there is a product and its price
xxxx amount of work requires xxxx amount of pay. would you rather pay half and get half and decide if you like it and want to pay for the second half... or would you rather pay full price and find you do not like it ?
nobody gives toppings away free... the cost is covered by inferior ingredients... or a higher mark up... that guy is effectively robbing everyone who does not have toppings because they've paid for them even though they do not have them.

if the cost of extras were not covered by one means or another the vendor would go broke. ;)

MrkillerhomerxD
12-15-2015, 02:07 PM
xxxx amount of work requires xxxx amount of pay. would you rather pay half and get half and decide if you like it and want to pay for the second half... or would you rather pay full price and find you do not like it ?
nobody gives toppings away free... the cost is covered by inferior ingredients... or a higher mark up... that guy is effectively robbing everyone who does not have toppings because they've paid for them even though they do not have them.

if the cost of extras were not covered by one means or another the vendor would go broke. ;)

so to put it simple, in YOUR opinion, there is no bare minimum.
but in MY opinion there IS, and i payed for the FULL game and i missed (at least so far) out on something which makes me a bit mad (im a HUGE AC fan)
again this is MY opinion, and you have YOUR opinion.
we all have our own opinion, what is right and wrong? nothing and everything... what is "right" is 100% based on what MOST people say is, like if 51% of people said murder is fine then it is =P

to me knowing that there is something awesome im missing out on is so annoying. there should not be platform only content on a multiplatform game..
i bought the big Ben edition, the 2 statues and the 2 weapons. yet there is STILL something i dont get (yet at least) that someone who only bought the base game gets
to ME that is UNFAIR, i say again to ME (ME) it is unfair, now you and anyone else can think what ever they want to. but you are 100% sure you are right and wont accept that anyone else could be right or even have a point.

strigoi1958
12-15-2015, 02:37 PM
so i bought the gold edition and according to you I've paid the bare minimum (The FULL GAME) and so I'm entitled to the big ben edition statuettes and the 2 weapons ... great thanks.. can you send me yours... or do you think people should pay for extras ?

We all paid for the full game... we all got the full game.... SONY paid extra for the dreadful crimes... like YOU paid extra for the Big Ben edition

you're contradicting yourself... you paid for extras and now say you don't think we should pay for extras ;)

Just because someone has a sense of entitlement it doesn't mean they are actually entitled to anything.

MrkillerhomerxD
12-15-2015, 02:48 PM
so i bought the gold edition and according to you I've paid the bare minimum (The FULL GAME) and so I'm entitled to the big ben edition statuettes and the 2 weapons ... great thanks.. can you send me yours... or do you think people should pay for extras ?

We all paid for the full game... we all got the full game.... SONY paid extra for the dreadful crimes... like YOU paid extra for the Big Ben edition

you're contradicting yourself... you paid for extras and now say you don't think we should pay for extras ;)

Just because someone has a sense of entitlement it doesn't mean they are actually entitled to anything.

full game is the standard edition... gold is extra (season pass aswell)
but all i can say is what i said before, you have your opinion and that is 100% fine. i have my opinion which is 100% fine too. as long as you respect my opinion i will respect yours =)
just like i respect people who believe in god, i dont in any way what so ever. as long as they dont start nagging me about how wrong i am and all that, i wont do the same in return =)

in any case. i will leave it at this if you dont know how to respect other peoples opinion =)

Anykeyer
12-15-2015, 05:14 PM

You have no idea how stuff works. The price customer pays is almost never based purely on materials and labor expenses, especially for wares that are non-essential for life (like all forms of entertainment).
There is such a thing as bare minimum for everything. Its where your product barely scratches audience needs.
And again, there is infinite suppy of the digital content once it was produced. Im not demanding it to be free, actually. But making a part of the game exclusive is just bad. You arent makng me buy PS4, dont be an idiot. But you sure do lower the overall value of your product in my eyes. One day I wont even consider checking what you have to sale.

strigoi1958
12-15-2015, 06:34 PM
I've owned 3 businesses so I have a little idea how things work ;)
Life has exclusions everywhere so it doesn't bother me.... If I pay 60 $60 or 60 euros for a PC game and get better resolution, higher FPS and a lot more settings than PS4 players that's my exclusivity. If Sony wants to pay Ubisoft for for some extra content and give it away free to PS4 owners in order to try to sell PS4's.... that is their choice and their exclusivity.. it doesn't affect me, I haven't paid for the dreadful crimes missions... just like I didn't pay for the dead kings missions and if I recall correctly... their was a lot of anger when it was the limited edition owners who saw the rest of us getting that DLC for free or is that a different thing when it's something you paid for not Sony ? ;)

Regardless.. if Ubisoft give us the dreadful crimes as a DLC then thanks very much Ubisoft... I've always found them to be very generous but I doubt others will acknowledge that.

MrkillerhomerxD
12-15-2015, 09:15 PM
Life has exclusions everywhere so it doesn't bother me.... If I pay 60 $60 or 60 euros for a PC game and get better resolution, higher FPS and a lot more settings than PS4 players that's my exclusivity. If Sony wants to pay Ubisoft for for some extra content and give it away free to PS4 owners in order to try to sell PS4's.... that is their choice and their exclusivity.. it doesn't affect me, I haven't paid for the dreadful crimes missions... just like I didn't pay for the dead kings missions and if I recall correctly... their was a lot of anger when it was the limited edition owners who saw the rest of us getting that DLC for free or is that a different thing when it's something you paid for not Sony ? ;)

Regardless.. if Ubisoft give us the dreadful crimes as a DLC then thanks very much Ubisoft... I've always found them to be very generous but I doubt others will acknowledge that.

anyone who bought the season pass for unity (like i did) got a free game instead, when everyone else got the season pass for free.
that was something Ubisoft chose to do because of the very poor state of unity (VERY).

Anykeyer
12-16-2015, 09:42 AM

3 and all in the past? Nice. You just confirmed you have no idea how to build a lasting business and customer relations. If "grab and run" is what you preach then dont bother with me.
In the end what's acceptable as a fitting product and its value is determined solely by me, a customer, not you as a seller of that product. Your job is to balance my expectations vs your abilities. Not the other way around, trying to push me to agree with your point of view. You dont have a monopoly and I can perfectly live without your stuff.
I expect to have the most complete product possible, even if Im charged extra for this. I didnt buy a lot of games just because they have exclusives that arent available anymore. There were some exceptions when I considered those extras negligible (the key word is "I"). Acceptable extras are skins, portraits, decals, anything that doesnt affect the gameplay itself.

strigoi1958
12-16-2015, 11:46 AM
tell me more about myself that you don't know ;) it's funny. All 3 businesses ran concurrently, are still going concerns and I semi-retired at 42 lol have another look in that crystal ball
I learned that 99% of customers were rational people with reasonable expectations.... the other 1% who wanted a $1000 worth of work for $50 I was happy to let live without my stuff as there are always more sensible ones with whom I could build a customer relationship. So yes I wouldn't bother with you.
Personally I don't deprive myself of playing a great game for the sake of a couple of missions... plus if you had never heard of them it wouldn't have affected you in any way at all.

Red_dawn87
12-16-2015, 12:50 PM
tell me more about myself that you don't know ;) it's funny. All 3 businesses ran concurrently, are still going concerns and I semi-retired at 42 lol have another look in that crystal ball
I learned that 99% of customers were rational people with reasonable expectations.... the other 1% who wanted a $1000 worth of work for $50 I was happy to let live without my stuff as there are always more sensible ones with whom I could build a customer relationship. So yes I wouldn't bother with you.
Personally I don't deprive myself of playing a great game for the sake of a couple of missions... plus if you had never heard of them it wouldn't have affected you in any way at all.

LOL i thought you were 56 xD my bad

Anykeyer
12-16-2015, 01:22 PM

You are funny. We talk about 0 worth of labor for $10 or so here. The content is already made, digital copies have infinite supply. And Im not demanding anything for free.
Ofc you cant make everyone happy. But my expectations are more than reasonable. They are based on what many other publishers already did before and continue to do.
Story-driven single player games are not icecream and toppings. They arent services either. Imagine you go to a bookstore, but the owner refuses to sell you vol 4 of 5 unless you present him reading glasses made by a specific manufacturer. Will you still buy the rest of the books?

strigoi1958
12-16-2015, 05:11 PM
It's not 0 worth of labour because somebody had to work unless the games are made by slaves ;)
The content IS made.. for PS4 and paid for by Sony... perhaps it would never had existed if Sony had not... so maybe we should thank them as we will probably get it free :)
Digital copies do have an infinite supply but that does not mean there are no delivery costs involved, servers to maintain, websites and staff.
True story driven games are not ice creams and toppings but that analogy is to explain that we paid for 100% game (ice cream) that we got... Sony paid for 1% missions (toppings) and gave them away to PS4 owners to try to sell PS4's.
Now it is possible that Sony said we want exclusive content and Ubisoft said No but we'll make extra missions and let you have them only until after the Christmas console sales are finished... the agreed amount may well have covered the costs of making the game port to all formats.
In which case we are not being denied anything... we're being gifted something extra.
As for the books.... I haven't read a book in 40 years but yes, if I liked a story I'd be happy to comply to the terms and conditions in order to read the rest of the story.
Anyway I expect we'll get this gift after Christmas so it will be a New Year present :)

Anykeyer
12-16-2015, 09:49 PM
Its 0. The content itself is the same on all platforms. Simple stuff as packaging and flipping a switch is also totally free. Staff is already there, those who do this arent paid separately for every finger move. and minor stuff like this wont require any overtime. Same with delivery cost.
Ofc Ubisoft got money from Sony for exclusivity (which doesnt exclude a possibilty of the content being already made before the deal). By doing so they lost at least some sales, the only question is "was it worth it?" Often publishers agree to such deals when they dont expect a lot of sales anyway (totally understandable in case of ACS).
I wont accept stupid conditions to get a missing volume from that shop. Stop trying to convince me its totally fine. Such conditions arent even allowed by my country's fair business competition laws.

strigoi1958
12-17-2015, 12:21 AM
Spend 8 hours flipping a switch then tell your boss you do not need paying today. ;) Staff are already there and YES they are not paid separately for every single finger lift just as they are not paid a percentage for every unit sold.. Get a builder to build an extension on your house and agree a price... then say build a garage as well for nothing... your staff are already here and I'm paying for all the content (materials) you don't need paying extra and a minor garage like this won't require any overtime. I say that because you need to realise that everything involving labour costs money regardless of how much you try to dismiss it as negligible... it has a price.

I'm definitely not trying to convince you, ... I'm hoping you can see both sides. Life is short, I just try to enjoy it, if your principles and ideals hold you back from enjoying it to the fullest then I respect that.
I'm happily enjoying the full 100% of the game offered to me at the agreed price... There was no proviso stating I would get anything else... the dreadful crimes were advertised as PS4 before anyone had to buy on PC so you and I and everyone else knew that..... so it is a moot point.... it doesn't affect me... I have everything I bargained for.... and I don't want a PS4 so I really couldn't care less what Sony offer PS4 owners.

Back to your book analogy... If the story is no good you miss nothing... but if the story is worthwhile you are only hurting yourself... and a good book will always find more customers.

Anykeyer
12-17-2015, 01:27 PM
Your "analogy" is wrong again. The garage is already there, in infinite supply. It just needs a press of a button to "warp-in". And this button pressing process is free. All resources required are already there and would be otherwise fully wasted.
And about that book, I'll find another way (find the text for free on the internet) and blame you LOL

YazX_
12-17-2015, 02:43 PM
i believe this thread has been drained out and drifted away from the original topic, there is no point in keeping it open for all of these recurring debates that lead to nowhere.

Closed - Thanks.