PDA

View Full Version : Once again the game has missed the mark

wolvey
12-05-2015, 07:39 PM
Hi there firstly i have all the assassins creed games and love them well all apart for the last 2 the last was was very lacking in story and this one does not have the real feeling of being a true assassins creed game,its all most as if they are just playing lip service to it.
yes the graphics are good and characters are ok, but to me at least it does not have the same feel as previous games.
there always seamed a sense of urgency and impending doom but this had no scene of that in this game and were was the hard to get items, there has always been parts that you hated and loved at the same time, places were you had to climb-jump and swing across places to get items needed for the story.
this game seems small and totally linear and just to easy.
though this game is better the the french one but it is still not good, the game seems to have lost its way perhaps getting close to modern times is more difficult so perhaps you should go back in time a bit says to the ( Tudor ) times, not only did you have all the scheming in the royal court you also had Henry against the pope and the Spanish and not to happy with the french as well.
the English fleet and the Mary rose which you could say was sabotaged not just sank just loads of history to work with.
so just with that as an example please get the game back on track and bring it back to what the first 3 games felt like even the forth was good ok mostly for the pirate side but it was fun, just no more of these linear-quick and easy to finish games.
i will still look forward to the next one but with a mixture of hope and dread.:confused:

thank you

Sesheenku
12-05-2015, 08:34 PM
I liked Unity game play and content wise.

Syndicate feels very incomplete on the other hand.

I despise 4 and 3 in fact I can't barely stand playing them at all now with the enhancements to parkour, it's way too much better than 3 and 4's terrible mess of parkour.

DazKRaptorSquad
12-05-2015, 11:33 PM
I liked Unity game play and content wise.

Syndicate feels very incomplete on the other hand.

I despise 4 and 3 in fact I can't barely stand playing them at all now with the enhancements to parkour, it's way too much better than 3 and 4's terrible mess of parkour.

I agree with the OP the last two games have felt soul less. I totally disagree with you regarding 3 & 4, 3 was the first AC game I played and I loved it, 4 is one of my all time favourite games. After playing 3 I played the earlier games and whilst the stories were good and the characters far more interesting than Unity and Syndicate the game mechanics on PC were IMO terrible.

Ubisoft just can't seem to get the balance right in terms of character development, engaging story and a beautiful world. I was hoping Syndicate would be much better than Unity but in my opinion it is only a slightly better story, the characters are only a slight improvement and the to me there seems almost a disconnect between the game play and the story making the game bland.

I--Skeptik--I
12-06-2015, 12:13 AM
That's because Ubi is just excreting these titles out one after the other, they have lost their potency, they haven't been taking their time on them and it shows....very much so. For me, my all time favorite title was Black Flag, I love it. Syndicate is so boring to me, you can tell they barely put any effort into this one. I didn't even finish it and I stopped playing it. You can tell they just "phoned" it in. Crafting was neat, but getting the materials to craft was way too east, there were plenty of materials needed, no need to actually try. They have dumbed down pretty much everything to cater to the lazy crowd that seems to plague gaming today.

The grappling hook was a neat idea, but again it's just a form a being lazy to get were you gotta go faster, because most people's attention spans are so short, they have to have something shiny happen every 8 seconds or they lose interest. The main characters are dull, the side characters (Darwin and Nightingale) are more interesting than they are.

Combat has yet again been dumbed down. No effort is required. It's way too easy, no challenge at all.

Frag_Maniac
12-06-2015, 08:27 AM
You know, without the horrible technical problems (EG, crap performance), I can pretty much get into ANY AC game, barring Revelations. It was the only one I couldn't stand due to crappy tower defense, crappy setting, crappy Eagle Vision, and that annoying side kick Yusuf Tazim. He was like some flippant wash out from Prince of Persia that just got on my nerves. Another annoying thing about Revelations is it closed out Ezio's story in a horrible way.

We really didn't get into a state of poor performance overshadowing most talk of game content until Unity though, and now it continues with Syndicate. I also miss the tombs. It just dawned on me when I was reading another thread mentioning tombs in the older games that they were better than the ones in the latest Tomb Raider.