PDA

View Full Version : Unlimited subscription is per profile and not console?

StrenuousAtom55
12-05-2015, 02:50 AM
Hi, maybe it's obvious, but I thought a subscription to the unlimited service is per console (just like xbox live gold service). Now it seems this is not the case (very disappointing, should a family pay five times the price of each individual wants to dance with his own profile?).
Is there a way, to move the subscription to my daughter's profile?

UbiVertigo
12-05-2015, 03:15 AM
Hi StrenuousAtom55,

As far as I'm aware, it's not possible to transfer a subscription. I'll check, though, and get back to you as soon as possible. In the meantime, if you'd like, you could submit a support ticket to support.ubi.com (support.ubi.com) or to Sony/Microsoft/Nintendo, as appropriate.

Speaking of which, which console are you using?

StrenuousAtom55
12-05-2015, 07:17 PM
I'm playing on Xbox one.

StrenuousAtom55
12-11-2015, 12:23 AM
I have posted here and submitted a question in the support Forum (four days ago) and there was no response yet. Can anyone please respond?

UbiVertigo
12-11-2015, 12:58 AM
Hi StrenuousAtom55,

In order for you to adjust your account, if it's possible, you would have to go through the vendor. For your Xbox One, the vendor is Microsoft. I recommend reaching out to Microsoft/Xbox Live customer support. If anyone can transfer the account (or refund with repurchase), it would be them.

GuitarGomes
12-29-2015, 04:33 PM
I am with the same problem, only my account can access the unlimited subscription. I tried to reach Microsoft Support and they told me that the problem is with Ubisoft. I spended 1h with MS support, they test a lot of things with my Xbox One and everything is ok with my account and my wife's account.

Hi StrenuousAtom55,
In order for you to adjust your account, if it's possible, you would have to go through the vendor. For your Xbox One, the vendor is Microsoft. I recommend reaching out to Microsoft/Xbox Live customer support. If anyone can transfer the account (or refund with repurchase), it would be them.

UbiVertigo
12-31-2015, 01:27 AM
I am with the same problem, only my account can access the unlimited subscription. I tried to reach Microsoft Support and they told me that the problem is with Ubisoft. I spended 1h with MS support, they test a lot of things with my Xbox One and everything is ok with my account and my wife's account.

Hi GuitarGomes,

I haven't heard any more about the issue since the post above. I know that Just Dance Unlimited is tied to a single account, and that other users can access JDU content when playing along with the primary user on that account in multiplayer. So, that aspect is working normally. What I was hoping for the above user was that the JDU account could be transferred from one account to another through Microsoft (since we are unable to do so).

Since it has been a few weeks, I'll do some digging and see if I can come up with any more information or advice for you.

odupuy1
01-11-2016, 01:12 AM
Hi GuitarGomes,

I haven't heard any more about the issue since the post above. I know that Just Dance Unlimited is tied to a single account, and that other users can access JDU content when playing along with the primary user on that account in multiplayer. So, that aspect is working normally. What I was hoping for the above user was that the JDU account could be transferred from one account to another through Microsoft (since we are unable to do so).

Since it has been a few weeks, I'll do some digging and see if I can come up with any more information or advice for you.

Same situation.
I bought JDU on my account after XMas (Xbox One) but the user is my daughter on the same XBox.
Surprise, JDU works only for me or I have to play with my daughter which is not my intent.
Ubisoft (I have created a support ticket)
- does not want to give me a free voucher for the game
- does not document in BIG BOLD BLINKING when you buy that the game will just be available to you OR that you have to play to the game at the same time as other players
- does not document these conditions in the JDU FAQ.

VERY POOR SERVICE, UBISOFT!!!

Shame on you.

anon01923
01-21-2016, 02:10 AM
Same situation.
I bought JDU on my account after XMas (Xbox One) but the user is my daughter on the same XBox.
Surprise, JDU works only for me or I have to play with my daughter which is not my intent.
Ubisoft (I have created a support ticket)
- does not want to give me a free voucher for the game
- does not document in BIG BOLD BLINKING when you buy that the game will just be available to you OR that you have to play to the game at the same time as other players
- does not document these conditions in the JDU FAQ.

VERY POOR SERVICE, UBISOFT!!!

Shame on you.

This is a complete scam. I have the same situation -- the game is for my kids. I bought it under my account because that's where the payment details are.

On top of that, I paid for it through the in-app purchase, got my receipt from Microsoft (I'm using XBOX One) and still there is no access within the game. Assuming Ubisoft helps me with that issue (I see a lot of others have the same issue), I still have paid for a game that I will never use since its for my kids.

Unbelievable.

sharpeone
02-04-2016, 02:32 AM
This is a complete scam. I have the same situation -- the game is for my kids. I bought it under my account because that's where the payment details are.

On top of that, I paid for it through the in-app purchase, got my receipt from Microsoft (I'm using XBOX One) and still there is no access within the game. Assuming Ubisoft helps me with that issue (I see a lot of others have the same issue), I still have paid for a game that I will never use since its for my kids.

Unbelievable.

I completely agree. I purchased Just Dance 2016 Gold Edition along with an additional 3 months of Unlimited from Microsoft on my account since the money is associated with that account. When my daughter tries to play the Unlimited songs, she is unable to without me having to sign in for her. Why can this not function exactly as Microsoft does with all its games AND Xbox Live? She can share my XBox Live without issue. This needs to be fixed, especially for those with children!

This is not a Microsoft issue, this is an Ubisoft issue. Microsoft allows my child to play the game on her account, Ubisoft apparently doesn't do the same with it's unlimited service.

That1Husky
03-19-2016, 06:23 AM
I have the main account for purchase. I bought Unlimited through the main account. My daughter has a sub-account. JDU does not flow to sub-accounts so she has to play on my account to have access to Unlimited content. Rather disappointing since she had to create a new profile from scratch and start all over.

robwaw
05-14-2016, 01:54 PM
Exact same issue here. And since I know have to log in for my 6 year old daughter to play under my XBOX profile she also has access to Doom and GTA V.

Thanks a lot Ubisoft for nullifying Microsoft's parental controls. Fix this or I will never by another one of your games for any platform.

Black_Widow9
05-15-2016, 07:18 PM
Exact same issue here. And since I know have to log in for my 6 year old daughter to play under my XBOX profile she also has access to Doom and GTA V.

Thanks a lot Ubisoft for nullifying Microsoft's parental controls. Fix this or I will never by another one of your games for any platform.
Hello and welcome to the Forums,

Please contact Xbox Support to see if they can troubleshoot this for you.
http://www.xbox.com/support/

Thanks

danno98701
01-28-2017, 11:20 PM
I had this same issue recently. After a long chat with MS and no response from UBI, we finally got around by having MS refund my purchase. I then changed my 7 year old daughter’s account to be an adult account with credit card. I logged in as her and then purchase the Dance Unlimited 1 year subscription. I logged her out and then went back in as me and changed her permissions back to that of a child and it worked. She can now logon to the XBOX and has access to the Dance Unlimited songs as a child account. I guess in 1 year I will have to do this same process again. Really seems like something UBI needs to fix.

EngMTS
03-30-2017, 12:38 PM
I bought this game for my 6 yeats daughter..not for me!!
Unlimited subscription was a gift for her...!!
Waiting for a fix

K4j4L4su
06-04-2017, 09:16 PM
:mad: Same **** happened to me. Unbeliveable that ubisoft still haven't fixed this. Need to ask for refund.

DanTimTam
07-18-2017, 08:39 AM
I'm going to have to jump on board with this and say this is something that has to be addressed, either by big blinking text that states the licence is per user and not per game, or make a 1 to 2 limit transfer within UBISOFT or XBox.

I would imagine there are few parents that would purchase under their kids accounts, especially when they are under 13 and have no card or payment systems applied to their xbox account. When I tried to purchase under my kids account, the very first notification was 'No card with this account', my very next step was to purchase under mine.

I have read this thread for solutions but I couldn't be bother contacting microsoft... just live and learn hey!

rkramsdell
10-30-2017, 08:28 AM
Has this issue been fixed for 2018? Just bought JD18 for my daughter and wondering if we should get JDU for her to use. Also will 18 see the songs from 16 and 17 that we already own?

Ozbloke
01-01-2018, 11:32 AM
I had this problem too (Xbox one) and my 7 year old has to use my profile to play Just Dance. We will not renew the subscription when it expires. I no longer buy Ubisoft games and refused to upgrade from JD 2016 to the new version when the kids asked for the game for Xmas. For something so simple Ubisoft will lose repeat business.

Valleythevampir
01-19-2018, 01:26 AM
i use just dance as a fitness thing and a stream game. my husband has the main account on the ps4 i have the sub account so we renewed it under my game and profile and now its says i only have 4 days left when i should have 369 or so. i was confused so i looked under my husbands account and it was under his. even though he only played once. i lost all my unlocked songs on 2018 and hours and hours of game play/scores. i shouldn't have to pay again for 12 months when i just did.

claudevervoort
04-22-2018, 02:07 PM
I can't believe it too, same thing on PS4. I have 3 kids, so should that mean I need to buy 3 unlimited accesses? And, I signed up for a full year :(

Just Dance nowadays is just a big unlimited subscription ad and yet the kids cannot get access to it under their own account. I hope this will addressed but seems this issue has been happening for long and I don't think i've seen any official answer. Oh well!

Claude

parkerhammond
10-19-2018, 01:16 AM
UGH!!! I wish I had looked in to this. I assumed it was per console too, as when we first got the console, my daughter played it first and then we all had unlimited. So when she was having a party and playing it and realised it had run out, I bought a subscription through the xbox one website, using my account details, thinking it would go on to our home console.. but no! They have to play as me, and we have been trying to work out what we have been doing wrong, rather than just using my account (which I don't want to do, as I use my account for my work outs...) this is super frustrating and annoying. Most other subscriptions I purchase through xbox are shared with all my family on our console.
WHAT A WASTE OF MONEY!!! We haven't even used the stupid subscription now, for the whole time.

When will this be fixed? This is so stupid, and such a money grab. I am so terribly disappointed.

carlosgo22
04-13-2019, 02:59 AM
I fell for this scam as well. It seems Ubisoft doesn’t care about its customers. Hopefully someone from Ubisoft will log into these forums and escalate this issue.

kadams79
10-31-2019, 01:28 AM
Just purchased Unlimited as the primary user on my PS4 console for my daughter. She can't play the unlimited songs unless I'm logged in. Not happy with this at all. It is obvious that Ubisoft does not listen to it's customers or consider this a problem since the issue has been reported for years with no positive response from them. Subscription should be tied to the console.