PDA

View Full Version : Game Awards gameplay video

sheik_92
12-04-2015, 03:43 AM
So, i was super mega fckn excited (as ubi dev would say) about this game and was watching the game awards just so i could see the gameplay video premiere... meh, i dont know if i actually liked it or hated it. I mean, the melee combat looks really unchalleging and the fact that you "control" those beasts is kinda cool, but i dont know.... far cry is my absolutely favorite franchise but i was expecting a little more this time.
I hope that i only got a wrong impression and that the game itself surprises me.

Oh, and did you guys notice that the dialogues, despite spoken in that stone age language, were subtltled? I guess communication in Oros wont be that "mysterious".

Well, what did you guys think of the trailer? Is it just me? =/

Ichrukia56
12-04-2015, 04:34 AM
i like it and i am still look forward to the game i do like the idea of tame the wild life and using them in combat i mean what is more fun then having mr angry wiscers attacking my enemies for me ;) but having said that i think the biggest problem is that i s very different to the other Far Cry and a lot of people just do not like change :(

Phooka12
12-04-2015, 04:49 AM
I think It looks great. Neanderthals spotted so neanderthal hype! plus near the end of the video there's a huge giant like person. Wonder what species it's supposed to be.

nomotog
12-04-2015, 07:09 AM
Even though they have gone to the stone age, the gameplay didn't really seem that different. I was kind of disappointed that the combat was still mostly ranged. Mostly bow combat in the videos I watched. Even the club was used as a range weapon.

Raptor_i81
12-04-2015, 01:11 PM
Nope OP it's not just you , it's the same farcry , minimap and a GPS/map with all objectives marked (no real exploring ) and all you have to do is go from A to B and do the same exact thing over and over it's just a reskin installment , ubi you should have some courage and drop those game assists instead of satellite map put a peace of leather marked with unique environments areas like mountains , valleys and a couple of rivers and let us "really" explore and remember those areas not mark it and let the GPS guide us , ubi you should have some creativity .

sheik_92
12-04-2015, 01:18 PM
Yeah, that too. The gps on the minimap totally breaks the immersion in the stone age universe and the melee combat should be reshaped, in the videos i saw its looking really simple and easy: approach who you want to kill and press F, the knockout button. But the game will come out only in Feb, so maybe there is time to ubi devs add/remove some things.

sheik_92
12-04-2015, 01:35 PM
Oh, and one more thing: something i have to hand to ubi: Oros looks absolutely gorgeous. I updated my PC just because far cry primal and cant wait to see the beauty of that game running on ultra.

sheik_92
12-04-2015, 10:30 PM
because of the owl thing, you can say that akkar is a warg... i really dont like this feature, is like scouting with your sheep in age of empires II

The4orTy67
12-04-2015, 11:20 PM
Man, this really is another reskinned Far Cry 3. My point still stands, this is merely a spin-off like Blood Dragon (although a bit pricey), while the A-Team at Montreal is working on the real Far Cry 5 which is hopefully set in the drug jungles of south America or the wild west.

scrapser
12-06-2015, 04:48 AM
I doubt FC5 (if there is one) would be any different from FC3 onward. They are all the same game as you say being re-skinned.

The Soviet Union did the same kind of trick during their big parade in Moscow in the early years of the jet age. Jets would fly by the international visitors box and once out of sight they would quickly zip around and get back into the parade formation and fly by again and again to give the illusion the Soviets had lots of jets.

People may call me a hater and to them I say read the quote below.

"It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain