PDA

View Full Version : Pierre Bellec - pending questions

Mlle-Bellec
12-03-2015, 08:47 PM
Dear Ubisoft,

I am a big fan of Assassin's Creed. Especially Unity!
My favorite character is - how unexpected - Pierre Bellec. Yes, I really love this character from the bottom of my heart because he sacraficed so much for the brotherhood and for the creed. Unbelivable that he was searching for the glyphs for 20 years!
However, I know there are many people who do not like him but TBH, I do not intend to start a discussion if he was right or not as I like him and nothinig will change this. So let's skip this part, shall we?

I have just listened to a podcast with the voice actor of Arno Dorian (Dan Jeannotte) and he was talking about some rejected ideas like "Bellec gave the Café to Arno" and so on.
Yeah and of course as a hughe Bellec fan, I have recognized some plothole-likely things like the glyphs in the Bastille.

I would be so happy if you could take some minutes and read through my questions. It would be so much appreaciated!

1. Why is Bellec looking for the glyphs?
2. What are these glyphs about? And how did they come into the Bastille?
3. Was there any background scences planed earlier (like his escape from the purge in New France) or were they always meant to stay only in the database?
4. Why does not Bellec appear in Assassin's Creed Rogue?
5. Is it possible that Bellecs cape is one of the Shrouds which would mean he is not acutally dead?
6. What about the friendship between Bellec and Arnos father?
7. Bellec felt responsible for Arno in the Bastille. What did he think of Arno? Like a friend? Like a son? In sequence 7, I think Bellec wanted Arno to kill him because he did not want to kill Arno.
8. Was it always planed that Pierre kills Mirabeau?
9. Did Pierre have an love intrest earlier?
10. Could you P L E A S E tell me more about the cutted scences and rejected ideas of Pierre Bellec? I am getting crazy because there is not a single mention in the novel, the guidebook and the Abstergo book.

If I am not here right with my questions, could you please tell me an e-mail address of the contact I should write to?

Your time is really appreciated!

Many thanks

D.I.D.
12-03-2015, 09:15 PM
I guess Bellec hoped that if he studied enough glyphs that he might unlock their secrets, like archaeologists with forgotten languages.

The weird thing with the glyphs is that they look like the messages Clay left for Desmond, but they're obviously not Clay's because Bellec can see them. But then again, they can't be ancient because they can't be any older than the Bastille itself, which means they had to be written by a person who either understood them or did not understand them but was shown the images by someone who did.

I think, based on the boss battle and Helix info in Syndicate, if Bellec was wearing a shroud then he'd have been healed almost instantly.

I haven't read any novels, but maybe someone else can answer your other questions.

Mlle-Bellec
12-03-2015, 09:28 PM
I guess Bellec hoped that if he studied enough glyphs that he might unlock their secrets, like archaeologists with forgotten languages.

The weird thing with the glyphs is that they look like the messages Clay left for Desmond, but they're obviously not Clay's because Bellec can see them. But then again, they can't be ancient because they can't be any older than the Bastille itself, which means they had to be written by a person who either understood them or did not understand them but was shown the images by someone who did.

I think, based on the boss battle and Helix info in Syndicate, if Bellec was wearing a shroud then he'd have been healed almost instantly.

I haven't read any novels, but maybe someone else can answer your other questions.

Many thanks for your reply :)

About the Shroud: Yes when I saw Starrick with "his" Shroud I was like "okay, perhaps the idea with Bellec's cape is not that logic" but then I remembered the small Apple of Eden which Arno found and started to guess that the Pieces of Eden do not need to look identical. Perhaps (imagine Bellec is wearing a Shroud) this Shroud he owns is not identical to Starrick's. Also, Arno left him that fast, we did not even have the chance to see if his wounds are healing or not. Plus you should have a closer look at his body especially on his muskles... his body does not really look dead, if you ask me...

D.I.D.
12-03-2015, 09:40 PM
Yeah, it's hard to say. In the Helix data, the Templar scientist becomes fascinated by the Shroud he has because he discovers that Consus digitised his consciousness and inserted it into the device, but then realised to his horror that he was immortal and imprisoned within the thing. He says that Juno stole his process to hide Aita inside the human genome. Eventually this Shroud is destroyed, and the scientist is distraught because he still has so many questions for Consus, and sets about acquiring another. It's puzzling because at first, it sounds like this one Shroud is the first prototype and that's why Consus used it, but the later data suggests that the scientist expects to find Consus in other Shrouds too. Maybe I have that wrong, and all he wants to do is use a Shroud to give life to a reconstituted First Civ body.

Anyway, his shroud is even more spectacular than Starrick's, and the team favourite method of summoning Consus is to shoot the wearer in the head. The repair process kicks in immediately, Consus's voice announces himself, and a discussion can happen until he's finished healing the wearer. A gunshot wound to the face appears to take about half a minute to correct. Oddly he says that cutting your wrists or taking a chemical overdose does not work, and yet we saw Starrick's stab wound healing quite easily.

I wonder if it's actually happened in the game if you give Bellec's clothes to Arno, or if that's no more "real" than wearing a Legacy outfit? If Arno really took his clothes, then I guess that would rule out the cape being a Shroud (or having it heal Bellec, at least).

Mlle-Bellec
12-03-2015, 09:48 PM
I wonder if it's actually happened in the game if you give Bellec's clothes to Arno, or if that's no more "real" than wearing a Legacy outfit? If Arno really took his clothes, then I guess that would rule out the cape being a Shroud (or having it heal Bellec, at least).

When you go to the legacy room and look onto Bellec's robe it says it is a replica and if Arno puts it on, the cape is missing.

D.I.D.
12-03-2015, 10:40 PM
Ohhhh! Well then, you never know :)