PDA

View Full Version : IQ is not useless, it is the defending team's stupidity that makes her useless.

lelcat
12-03-2015, 12:50 PM
IQ is not useless, it is the defending team's stupidity that makes her useless.

What now? What I said does not make sense on first glance. Let me explain. The most common way of playing for defendes is to bunch up at an objective, both as players as with electronic gadgets. So when Thatcher shows up all electronics devices bunched up in a small room is like bowling pins in an alley for his EMP grenade.

Now if defenders would have a more spread defense, and fan out their defense items, suddenly Thatcher can not knock out all devices with 3 emp grenades. And IQ spotting devices makes things much more viable because she can tell quickly if a room is safe to rush through or not. And since time is limited, it can cut down 1-2 minutes of getting through obstacles, means more time can be used to break the defenses at the target.

spuukie
12-03-2015, 03:39 PM
i love this, people underestimate the strengths of anti-trap attackers. with an iq, you can pretty much see traps and electronics on the opposite side of lots of rooms. i see too many people trying to breach muted doors, and walking through booby trapped doors and windows, if they would take their time and play an anti-trap operator, things could go a lot smoother.

SoaringJaguar13
12-06-2015, 10:22 PM
Or you could use the whole "They're all SUPER obvious" argument.

Seriously? Loud static noise doesn't give it away? Loud pager-style beeping doesn't say "Hey, I'm C4!" to you? The electrical flashes and crackling sound from electrified traps isn't a giveaway? The enormous ankle-slashing demon-spike protruding a solid foot out from the wall doesn't warn you enough about the KapTrap? Nor the laser?

Seriously, and ironically, the Tuchanka LMG is the most "hidden" "trap" in the game, cause it's not overly evident till you enter the room, at which point you're probably dead. Paying a little attention frees up an operator slot for Ash/Sledge/Fuze/Monty/Blitz, since you basically need Twitch, Thermite, and Thatcher.

DeIicinha
12-07-2015, 12:00 AM

Seriously? Loud static noise doesn't give it away? Loud pager-style beeping doesn't say "Hey, I'm C4!" to you? The electrical flashes and crackling sound from electrified traps isn't a giveaway? The enormous ankle-slashing demon-spike protruding a solid foot out from the wall doesn't warn you enough about the KapTrap? Nor the laser?

Seriously, and ironically, the Tuchanka LMG is the most "hidden" "trap" in the game, cause it's not overly evident till you enter the room, at which point you're probably dead. Paying a little attention frees up an operator slot for Ash/Sledge/Fuze/Monty/Blitz, since you basically need Twitch, Thermite, and Thatcher.

AMEN!
A lot of underthought stupidity for a "tactical" game.
We need a patch ASAP.

Needsnursing
12-07-2015, 04:18 AM

Well said, IQ would be amazingly useful if not the most useful all of a sudden if C4 and Gas were silent. Kapkans traps you could deal with by slowly breaking down doors before entering if the spike was removed. Mutes devices are easily heard, if you plant a breaching charge on a muted window, wall or door you are an idiot (more so if you press the trigger 5 times and wonder why its not working).