PDA

View Full Version : Where's my Hardcore?

Boogi3Down
12-03-2015, 12:00 AM
This game needs a hardcore mode disabled all hud. And dead players should not be able to spot nor communicate with teammates.

Also the lack of modes hostage, bomb and secure all three feel the same and play out similar.

I know this game is focused on team work but a tdm and free for all modes wouldn't hurt

codeX-
12-03-2015, 12:08 AM
Splitting the matchmaking pool beyond casual and ranked probably isn't a good idea right now. And the only way to force no communications from dead players to alive players would be for the dead's screen to fade to black on death - external communications programs or group phone call will still work external to the game.

Perhaps Ubi intended that user comms and spotting after dead is simply a "shift" to a remote operator role. This is similar to how the 'enemy detected outside' message appears - external sources are reporting to the attackers intel they aren't reporting as live operators to each other. Certainly makes the game more entertaining to have some way of trying to be helpful after death than doing something else for 30-180 seconds and maybe missing the start of the next round.

The modes may feel similar due to being played on the same maps, but there's definitely different strats involved. Attackers have to worry about not killing the hostage. Secure only has one site, while bomb has two. They all play differently.

Boogi3Down
12-03-2015, 01:28 AM
Dude stop the damage control. Lol

For a $65 game this not acceptable. The game needs more modes and a hardcore mode asap.

Boogi3Down
12-03-2015, 01:35 AM
Modes feel similar cuz you doing the rinse and repeat routine over and over again ( pre round )matter on what map .... but don't get me wrong love the game

codeX-
12-04-2015, 02:03 AM
For a $65 game this not acceptable. The game needs more modes and a hardcore mode asap.

Then don't buy it. Plenty of people find the game quite acceptable, even if not perfect. Nothing wrong with suggestions, but claiming "if the game doesn't do exactly what *my selfish self* wants, it's not acceptable" is childish. Sounds like the same sort of people whining about no single-player when Ubi never promised that either.

My comments about splitting the matchmaking pool are valid. I work in analytics in the game industry for a major studio and query and analyze the data on this and how it plays out. It takes far more concurrent active users playing to support multiple modes than you'd expect. You only split a matchmaking pool when you're 100% sure it'll sustain itself during off-peak gameplay hours. Otherwise you risk alienating your players to that mode due to a lack of matchmaking and they never try it out again. I'm not against a hardcore mode - in fact, I'd probably play it exclusively, but I want it to be done right *after* the other issues are solved and the user base can support it given we already have another mode that doesn't have a large enough pool to matchmake - ranked.

Boogi3Down
12-10-2015, 12:57 AM
Work for ubisoft by chance ? Lol

Flaw3dGenius23
12-11-2015, 02:11 AM
This game needs a hardcore mode disabled all hud. And dead players should not be able to spot nor communicate with teammates.

Also the lack of modes hostage, bomb and secure all three feel the same and play out similar.

I know this game is focused on team work but a tdm and free for all modes wouldn't hurt

Dead players should not be able to spot and communicate in normal mode nevermind in hardcore

But yeah game needs a hardcore mode with most gadgets disabled and defo camera's disabled.

Boogi3Down
12-11-2015, 09:30 PM
Bought the game and so regretful the game is unplayable. Should've waited till it was on a bargain bin and maybe playable then

zack991
12-13-2015, 07:09 PM
Dead players should not be able to spot and communicate in normal mode nevermind in hardcore

But yeah game needs a hardcore mode with most gadgets disabled and defo camera's disabled.
100% agree

AllosaurusJr
12-16-2015, 07:10 PM
100% agree

if this was the case, they could just use something like teamspeak to bypass it.

BAM, ranked no longer exists because premades win every single time due to the fact they can still communicate.

JayyRupp
12-28-2015, 12:18 PM
Dude stop the damage control. Lol

Oh yeah dude bro hardcore bro duder dude bro. Smfh.

B--L--A--C--K--
12-31-2015, 10:22 AM
I'd be happy if they'd fix the hit detection and increased bullet damage.