PDA

View Full Version : How to brake?

Trih333
12-02-2015, 03:46 PM
I really tried to make it work for the london drift perk but nothing seems to work : How the hell do you brake??

Is it S on the WASD keys ? I manage to do it only 2 time apparently, 2 Times out of 75.

This is infuriating... Why can't I rebind the brake keys to another key that won't change the regular movements? What's the point of making several tabs in the binding menu, if you can't customise differently between the different layouts?

If I use S as the brake,then I can't turn right, since I can't press W S and D at the same bloody time (keyboard doesn't respond). On the left it sems to work but no matter how many turn I make, the perk doesn't progress, and I'm still at 2.

Am I missing something obvious ?

Scystab
12-02-2015, 05:21 PM
I sudgest you hit the boost button right before the corner so you get max speed as you enter it. Here you can (or rather should) release W-key, then press the dirrection key and hold it. A fraction later his the brake button, which is S, as you figured out. Hold the break half way through the corrner, then start saccelerating with W to maintaing a nice travel speed all the time.

The amount of turns is annoying yes, but it is doable.

YazX_
12-02-2015, 06:17 PM
you can chain it and it doesnt need to be on corners, here is how i completed it:

1. Hold W and then press space to boost the carriage speed.
2. Release W then Hold D and S or A and S to drift.
3. once the carriage speed is reduce (dont wait until the carriage stops or when speed vastly reduced), release A or D (depends on the button you used in step2) and press space while holding S, this will give boost to the carriage while braking (drifting).
4. DONT RELEASE "S" and keep holding it, now hold (A or D) and the carriage will drift again based on the key direction.
5. Rinse and repeat step 3 and 4.

so the full motion will be drifting right and left while riding, each 5 drifts will be counted as 1 time from the 75. and another tip, find a wide street to do this.

Rohith_Kumar_Sp
12-02-2015, 07:33 PM
I really tried to make it work for the london drift perk but nothing seems to work : How the hell do you brake??

Is it S on the WASD keys ? I manage to do it only 2 time apparently, 2 Times out of 75.

This is infuriating... Why can't I rebind the brake keys to another key that won't change the regular movements? What's the point of making several tabs in the binding menu, if you can't customise differently between the different layouts?

If I use S as the brake,then I can't turn right, since I can't press W S and D at the same bloody time (keyboard doesn't respond). On the left it sems to work but no matter how many turn I make, the perk doesn't progress, and I'm still at 2.

Am I missing something obvious ?

you are doing it perfectly fine, only you need to do it 5 times for it to count as 1, so if you did 2/75 then you did it 10 times, it's stupid i know.

Anykeyer
12-03-2015, 08:07 AM
You forget the most important part. Get the fastest carriage possible and watch for damage. This is much easier to do when driving undamaged single seat carriage.
Also having the skill for faster acceleration helps, you might want to wait before you get it. And you dont really need any corners, you'll do it faster if you just drift on any broad street.