PDA

View Full Version : No environmental music?

I--Skeptik--I
12-01-2015, 08:59 PM
I have my music turned on, but I have only heard music play a couple times, randomly. There is music while in combat or a carriage chase, but I don't really hear any background music while exploring the city.

Is there any? Or is this a bug maybe? All files are validated, so nothing is missing.:confused:

Rohith_Kumar_Sp
12-01-2015, 09:25 PM
I asked the same question to the Communitydirector, here's his answer.

go to 7 mins 29th sec in the video.

@7:29
https://youtu.be/-nh6Lbg9uoA?t=7m29s (https://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fyoutu.be%2F-nh6Lbg9uoA%3Ft%3D7m29s&h=6AQEC9sHg)

https://youtu.be/-nh6Lbg9uoA?t=7m29s

jeffies04
12-07-2015, 04:00 AM
In the interview he doesn't do a very good job of explaining it. In Syndicate the music comes and goes, seems like its based on what you're doing or where you're at. Walking down the street you'll probably just be hearing the ambient city life, people playing music in the street, etc but if you climb something or head into another area you'll start getting some soundtrack. I think they timed it pretty well, because I do like hearing the city life too.

Frag_Maniac
12-08-2015, 03:53 AM
I get what he said in the vid, and I do feel the concept is solid, but I also feel it sometimes feels void of music. Conversely, looped ambients are often worse and too repetitive.

The problem with this new method though is it's really hard to gauge how it's going to sound for each person, because it depends entirely on how you play the game. If you're the kind that likes to string missions back to back and move from borough to borough a lot, it will probably be totally different than someone that likes to scavenge a lot area by area before they take on such things.

I'm really OK with it sounding a bit void at times though, because it's also cool to take a break from the ambient stuff and just hear what's going on in the city. Even before entering a restricted are of a side task I often chuckle at simple lines like, "Looks a bit suspicious to say in the least", when I'm looking for a good place to crouch and lure from cover. Then I pull out my pistol and scare them away.

Rohith_Kumar_Sp
12-09-2015, 07:20 AM
I get what he said in the vid, and I do feel the concept is solid, but I also feel it sometimes feels void of music. Conversely, looped ambients are often worse and too repetitive.

The problem with this new method though is it's really hard to gauge how it's going to sound for each person, because it depends entirely on how you play the game. If you're the kind that likes to string missions back to back and move from borough to borough a lot, it will probably be totally different than someone that likes to scavenge a lot area by area before they take on such things.

I'm really OK with it sounding a bit void at times though, because it's also cool to take a break from the ambient stuff and just hear what's going on in the city. Even before entering a restricted are of a side task I often chuckle at simple lines like, "Looks a bit suspicious to say in the least", when I'm looking for a good place to crouch and lure from cover. They I pull out my pistol and scare them away.

i'm a person who completes the gmae 100% and i take a long time to savor things, it took me a year to complete FC 3, this is why i wanted the ambient track, atleast it wouldn't get bored every so fast. and that's the track i get attached to with the game,

have you listened to ACS soudyrack ? 32 tracks 1/3rd of is dull and lifeless tunes that you wont even recognize in the game
have you listen to AC 4? each track you know by heart because they captrued the tone with the sound track, each soundtrack from AC 4 album is a gem.

jeffies04
12-09-2015, 08:14 PM
i'm a person who completes the gmae 100% and i take a long time to savor things, it took me a year to complete FC 3, this is why i wanted the ambient track, atleast it wouldn't get bored every so fast. and that's the track i get attached to with the game,

have you listened to ACS soudyrack ? 32 tracks 1/3rd of is dull and lifeless tunes that you wont even recognize in the game
have you listen to AC 4? each track you know by heart because they captrued the tone with the sound track, each soundtrack from AC 4 album is a gem.

I haven't downloaded it yet. I totally hear what you're saying, so don't think I'm dismissing it at all. It's definitely a new way of doing it. I LOVED the music in AC4. It wasn't always on either, but if you hit the button to bring up the location and the stats for that location (how much collectibles, etc) then it would trigger music. I liked that.

At least it wasn't like AC3 where you had no ambient music at all!

Rohith_Kumar_Sp
12-09-2015, 09:19 PM
I haven't downloaded it yet. I totally hear what you're saying, so don't think I'm dismissing it at all. It's definitely a new way of doing it. I LOVED the music in AC4. It wasn't always on either, but if you hit the button to bring up the location and the stats for that location (how much collectibles, etc) then it would trigger music. I liked that.

At least it wasn't like AC3 where you had no ambient music at all!

same with ACU.

Wolfmeister1010
12-09-2015, 09:55 PM
same with ACU.

Nah.

There are musical cues when entering new districts.

Frag_Maniac
12-10-2015, 03:29 AM

Yeah of course I've heard the sound track. I think you're being very unrealistic if you expect people to relate to taking a YEAR to finish a game while listening to the same ambients over and over and over, vs just subtle background music here and there. And track preference is a personal thing. It's mostly orchestral string type stuff here. You may not like it, but it fits the Victorian theme.

With as many problems as there are with the game, music is a very nit picky and personal preference thing to bring up really. :rolleyes:

Rohith_Kumar_Sp
12-10-2015, 01:17 PM
Yeah of course I've heard the sound track. I think you're being very unrealistic if you expect people to relate to taking a YEAR to finish a game while listening to the same ambients over and over and over, vs just subtle background music here and there. And track preference is a personal thing. It's mostly orchestral string type stuff here. You may not like it, but it fits the Victorian theme.

With as many problems as there are with the game, music is a very nit picky and personal preference thing to bring up really. :rolleyes:

there's nothing unrealistic about how boring AC 3 was without ambient even when i finished it with a month, sure ACS has some tracks that plays in cue like for a min every 20 mins, but it's about how boring as ACU where the music cue was only when you entered a new area when you start the game for the first time or join co-op

there's nothing to nitpick here, if music wasn't as relevent, my question woudln't have been asked in the video, again see the video.

Frag_Maniac
12-10-2015, 11:30 PM
there's nothing unrealistic about how boring AC 3 was without ambient even when i finished it with a month, sure ACS has some tracks that plays in cue like for a min every 20 mins, but it's about how boring as ACU where the music cue was only when you entered a new area when you start the game for the first time or join co-op

there's nothing to nitpick here, if music wasn't as relevent, my question woudln't have been asked in the video, again see the video.

It's not just your complaining, it's your making blanket statements about it being boring in general, when you should be saying it's boring for YOU. THAT's what makes it nit picking. You're seeing only your side of it, and belittling those whom disagree.

Not everyone likes pipe fed ambient music all the time, as if you're an office worker in a big building conditioned to hearing elevator music all day. What about that don't you get? Some actually prefer the sound of NPCs, wind, animals, and other NATURAL sounds, vs this obsession of yours to elevate background sounds above everything real world. It's equivalent to saying sit coms have to have canned laughter to seem funny.

One man's ambients is another man's noise. Just accept it, because that's the way it actually IS, like it or not. Next you'll be insisting the sluggish sales are all about the lack of ambients you prefer. LOL