PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else prefer real vs passive property purchases?

Frag_Maniac
11-30-2015, 10:39 PM
I don't know about you guys, but I was a bit upset to find that Pubs can only be passively bought via Skill upgrades. That part of the Skills menu is even kind of misleading, and has caused many to assume there would be actual Pubs to purchase here and there.

I would also like to have seen Pubs missions, like delivering (vs just randomly hijacking) Whisky barrel carts to Pubs you own, and missions to get other supplies for them. The delivery missions could be done by having to go to a distillery to first order a crew to load the barrels on a cart via a crane, while you fend off attacking gangs.

You also hear the bartenders talk about features like "real maple wood from Canada", which you could deliver by going to a saw mill. They could even make the giant saw an enviro kill weapon as a bonus objective.

Don't get me wrong, I love the game, but some aspects just feel too simplified to make room for ones that are very repetitious throughout the game.

strigoi1958
12-01-2015, 12:44 AM
I always liked the homestead in AC 3 and the renovating in previous games... and even upgrading buildings... I always think it bonds me into the game a bit more... so yes I would have liked real purchases.

Molda222
12-01-2015, 01:22 PM
wow, i didn't know of this. I am not that far into the game so i thought when i saw the upgrade, that there will be actual pubs etc like the homestead in AC3 or the theatre cafe in Unity. if they stripped it down, its dissapointing. If only "interactive" things you can do are those repetitive mini missions where you save children, take out gang fortressess etc.

Anykeyer
12-01-2015, 02:10 PM
Nope. Bying pubs one by one would only add yet another chore to the game.