PDA

View Full Version : World Video Challenge Upload Issue Since 11/28/15

SteveDDR
11-30-2015, 09:26 AM
Does anyone know of any issues with uploading world video challenges via the Xbox One? I've uploaded as recently as 11/27/15, but as of 11/28/15, I can't upload any. I can still upload Autodances...just uploaded one late 11/29/15.

When I attempt to upload video challenges now, one of two things will occur.

1. At the end of the challenge, I will receive a message stating that due to connectivity or bandwidth issues, my video couldn't be recorded.

2. At the end of the challenge, I'll be shown the challenge video with the option to share it. If I try to share it, another screen will briefly flash (the confirmation screen I believe) but the video will not be shared. If I go to my profile and view my uploads, one of the video spots will say the data is corrupted and give me the option to remove it.

Again, I can upload Autodances fine, it's just the Video Challenges that have not been working for me since 11/28/15.

SteveDDR
12-02-2015, 12:58 AM
Lucked out and found a solution on this today. While watching a new friend on Twitch challenge one of my video challenges, I saw the video of me freeze about halfway in. After deleting that particular video, I can now upload video challenges again. Hopefully this helps if anyone else experiences this problem.

Ubi-Elyon
12-02-2015, 02:42 PM
Hi SteveDDR and welcome to the forums,

Any Autodances, World Video Challenges, or Showtimes go through a period of moderation before they are posted. Seems these are recent Autodances that you can't find so please just give it a little time.

Let us know
Elyon

SteveDDR
12-02-2015, 07:16 PM
I spoke too soon, I'm still having the problem.

This isn't a moderation issue as you can see from reading my first post.

It is a "Data Corruption" issue because the game explicitly states The file cannot be viewed because the data was corrupted when I go to the "My Uploads" area under my profile. If I delete the corrupted data and try to record another World Video Challenge, a new corrupted data link will appear.

I never had a problem with Autodances as I also posted, only World Video Challenges.

Here are pictures for illustration, the first shows what the corrupted data file looks like, the second shows the list of files with a previously successful upload (11/27/15) next to the corrupted data from today.
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o1/steveddr/corrupt_1.jpg
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o1/steveddr/success.jpg

UbiVertigo
12-03-2015, 02:03 AM
Hi SteveDDR,

I did some digging around in the Xbox One menu, and found a way that you might be able to remove the corrupted file, but would, at the very least, delete all of your saved video. It also might delete all of your saved data.

If you go to System Settings --> Storage --> highlight Just Dance 2016, then press Options (the button with three horizontal lines), that will let you select and delete your profile data. Again, that would probably remove all saved content, so you may want to keep that as a last resort.

Optionally, you could uninstall the game and reinstall it, and hope that your cloud synchronization would retain your progress. Again, though, if something went wrong there, it could make you lose all saved content.

If neither of those options appeals to you, please contact support (support.ubi.com). They may have another, safer way to resolve the issue.