PDA

View Full Version : RAIN, RAIN and MORE RAIN

ffsbudman08
11-28-2015, 05:39 AM
Can we PLEASE get a button to turn off the rain if we want ? It seems like it is raining all the time and it even rains inside the tunnels. ENOUGH ALREADY !! IMO the game experience has been ruined by the constant raining. I love the game before the update and now I almost about ready to give it up. PLEASE give us some kind of environment control.:mad:

mamasan78
11-28-2015, 07:36 AM
Kinda hard in an online game to give just you dry roads while everyone else is driving on rain.
I think you see my point. Level playing field, everyone should have the same conditions.

What they could do is lessen how often it rains.

Ziltoid Racer
11-28-2015, 08:00 AM
Kinda hard in an online game to give just you dry roads while everyone else is driving on rain.

note quite true there. i was on a dry road with a friend not far away in rain.. i am getting bored now tho with the rain more than not, i already live in a rain soaked world without a game world too doing the same lol

Traveler67
11-28-2015, 04:06 PM
I think the whole system is kind of buggy. Sometimes, after the rain stops the roads never dry. I have driven around for an hour before after the rain and the roads were still wet. Sometimes, the roads are dry and the car handles like the roads are still wet. Something isn't right with it.

Paragleiber
11-28-2015, 05:06 PM
I agree that it rains a bit too often and especially stays wet for way too long after the rain is over.

This week I wanted to test all the new and updated Perf spec cars in dry conditions in the Sebring faction mission, which are a total of 32 cars. Most of the time I couldn't even drive for 15 minutes after the road turned dry and it already started raining again. And then it stayed wet for more than 20 minutes. It really felt like the road is more often wet than dry in that area. That is really too much. It was very frustrating.

Please reduce the time that the road stays wet after it stopped raining. That phase is also the most ugly with all those puddles on the road.

Trueflights_
11-28-2015, 05:33 PM
I would love to see some more reason to the rain as well. Obviously it is going to rain more in places like Seattle than in Las Vegas. It seems odd to me the amount of rain that Death Valley seems to get in the game though.

I agree with everyone else on lowering the time the roads stay wet after the rain. Time is greatly sped up in the game as it is, so having the roads stay wet for so long really feels and looks out of place.

elevatedbuckle
11-28-2015, 06:36 PM
How about it raining and not a cloud in the sky. I thought this went through a BETA. Can't tell me the DEVS don't see this problem or maybe they don't play their own game?

DawginTow1
11-29-2015, 01:32 AM
Agree about roads staying wet too long, as well as rain frequency; dial it back just a tad (not too much), & we should b good. The rain itself I quite enjoy, especially in cockpit w/ it's surprisingly decent wipers, provided ur in a car w/ decent windshield size. Super cars w/ mail-slot windshields need not apply :rolleyes:

How about it raining and not a cloud in the sky. I thought this went through a BETA. Can't tell me the DEVS don't see this problem or maybe they don't play their own game?

Isolated showers in sunlight happen, can b quite pretty. Maybe throw in a distant rainbow occasionally :p

Martellus.
11-30-2015, 11:33 PM
How often it seems to happen doesn't bug me, it's how abrupt it starts and ends.

Super9992014
12-11-2015, 05:34 PM
Not true! in the real world when it stops raining and the sky clears up, streets remains wet and dries over the time, so it's very accurate. So I disagree with this topic to! rain on the streets and in dirt do NOT dry immediately! surfaces still remains wet after it passes over. They did a great job on the weather system.

Ziltoid Racer
12-11-2015, 06:23 PM
Can we PLEASE get a button to turn off the rain if we want ? It seems like it is raining all the time and it even rains inside the tunnels. ENOUGH ALREADY !! IMO the game experience has been ruined by the constant raining. I love the game before the update and now I almost about ready to give it up. PLEASE give us some kind of environment control.:mad:

well it even rains under water... how good is that lol...

EL_79
12-12-2015, 02:27 AM
it's raining here almost everyday so i don't even notice rain in the game, besides it's just for looks an has no effect on handling, at least i haven't noticed

KittyBubuh
12-12-2015, 10:47 AM
it's raining here almost everyday so i don't even notice rain in the game, besides it's just for looks an has no effect on handling, at least i haven't noticed

Actually there is a huge effect on handling. It's really noticable on circuit cars, perf cars and in general faster ones when you could take a turn easily at 300 km/h but now you gotta brake till atleast 200 km/h to slide it good.

EL_79
12-12-2015, 12:09 PM
Actually there is a huge effect on handling. It's really noticable on circuit cars, perf cars and in general faster ones when you could take a turn easily at 300 km/h but now you gotta brake till atleast 200 km/h to slide it good.
After playing Forza 6 to me in this game it's none existent

TJHoss59
12-13-2015, 03:07 PM
Yes , please cut WAY back on the rain frequency. Once a month would suit me just fine. :)

smaddeus
03-12-2016, 03:57 AM
Seriously, I had three PvP games...make it 4, and it rained all of those matches.
Rain in Nevada desert is absurd as well, it's not impossible though, but raining often...seriously guys? Ubisoft, make an update where rain is not so often, it's really annoying, this game should be named The Crew: Wild Raining, and it's annoying af.

Ziltoid Racer
03-12-2016, 08:30 AM
i have to say me and friends are really getting sick of the rain now. enough already.. some how it seems to have got louder too.... the rain that is..

daydream58
03-12-2016, 08:37 AM
.... this game should be named The Crew: Wild Raining, and it's annoying af.

Perfectly said.

100% agree! Grow up IT/UBI we GET that you did rain FFS you did a great job with it, but it's relentless and annoying in frequency and as stated above, many locations come off as ridiculous amounts. TWEAK THIS ASAP PLS.

Ant_Ra
03-12-2016, 10:22 AM
It seems to me that the better and faster a player is the rainier the weather is - up to a thunderstorm.

Or Ubisoft is having a contract with some videocard manufacturer because rain is a heavy load even for good cards. So, more load -> more temperature -> more card aging -> more likely to buy a new card ;)

V8Addict
03-12-2016, 04:09 PM
A couple of days ago I took a drive in freedrive from Miami to LA and all the way it rained and the roads were wet. 3 miles from LA it dried up and the sun showed itself. The rain is not even very well done except for the windshield wipers, I like them. There is no spray behind the cars and the puddles on the road look like someone threw a bunch of mirrors onto the road. As someone mentioned, it's also hard to see oncoming traffic when the road is "wet". I hope the devs will tone down this rain thing,

Trueflights_
03-13-2016, 01:38 AM
I agree that it needs to rain a lot less. Maybe in specific parts of the country. It should rain a bit more on the west coast than say the middle of the Nevada desert? I do also see the point about not having a switch to turn it off though. It would really be unfair and everyone would just have it off all the time to get the advantage.

Maybe they are just trying to be like Need for Speed and have it always wet? Next thing we will get is a much smaller map and it being night all the time....

RobertoPhilippo
04-02-2016, 01:32 AM
yep the crew system is getting more anoying. What is that about getting out tunnels and see a white blur. If they never hear of sunglasses, that is so 1980 dudes.
Maybe some loot can be a pair of sunglasses and get rid of that very really annoying ****
And an other thing why is my car drive in free mode 350 kmh and in the pvp event only 250 kmh. Is that for the sissies among us. So that they dont cry if they have a starters car.
Its totally just programming if you win or lose. It is so sick. And we really need a damage control system, because some idiots crashing in every corner and fly by you. Try that in real life dudes. If you hit something your car need speedreduction. Now we get some interessting racing games. Bye bye suckers.
And whats the story about the bikes, they accelerate like my mothers moped and they win almost every race. Whats that all about. And how about those kiddie crown stuff, please make that a sepperated pvp choice. Race in one and the kiddie stuff like crown, eliminator and that other thingy in the other one. Bye bye annoying playstuff. Yep the crew really needs an update in that direction.

Trueflights_
04-02-2016, 04:28 PM
And an other thing why is my car drive in free mode 350 kmh and in the pvp event only 250 kmh. Is that for the sissies among us. So that they dont cry if they have a starters car.

Not sure about this one, I've never run into it. Different specs have different speeds. For a lot of the exotics they tend to go faster in stock spec than in performance or circuit.