PDA

View Full Version : To those with input lag or Carriage Stutter [IMPORTANT]

jandraelune
11-27-2015, 02:22 PM
You'll want to cap fps to below your lowest fps but no lower then 30 fps. This removes both issues entirerly. How ever this is only a band-aid fix to them until Ubisoft actually improves performance of it's Engine...scene does not need improvement as much.

" Riva Tuner Statistics Server ", this is a non cpu cycle using back ground app that can limit FPS.

Frag_Maniac
11-27-2015, 09:04 PM
Riva Tuner Statistics Server ", this is a non cpu cycle using back ground app that can limit FPS.

Yeah that's a nice little tool, and it uses about 1/4 the memory of DxTory, but do you know if there's a way to make it show only whole numbers on the FPS counter? I really don't see any sense to it showing tenths of a frame, and the counter just takes up more space on screen that way.

jandraelune
11-27-2015, 09:46 PM
I use Nivida's fps display under Shadowplay...only shows the fps in whole numbers and takes up 0 cpu cycles.

Have the same thing for AMD.

Frag_Maniac
11-28-2015, 03:30 AM
.Have the same thing for AMD.

If you're referring to Raptr, I refuse to install that anymore, it's garbage.

jandraelune
11-28-2015, 05:14 AM
No, Raptr is something else...that app is like Steam. I'm referring to " Catalyst Control Center ", May also be " OverDrive "

crazycupmuffin1
12-12-2015, 02:04 PM
You'll want to cap fps to below your lowest fps but no lower then 30 fps. This removes both issues entirerly. How ever this is only a band-aid fix to them until Ubisoft actually improves performance of it's Engine...scene does not need improvement as much.

" Riva Tuner Statistics Server ", this is a non cpu cycle using back ground app that can limit FPS.

Thanks for the help. But sadly I had to put it all the way down to 30 for it to semi-work. Still freezes every now and then. I am never pre-ordering anything ever again. I'm fed up with getting stiffed by the big companies. Running on a gtx 970 - i5 - 16gb ram. And was able to run the game fine between 45-60fps but as soon as I jump in a carriage, boom! freeze city. :(

I wonder if they will ever actually fix this? Are Ubisoft known to fix up their assassins creed games on pc? I know they are great at replying to their console players comments. But not so much to pc players.

Frag_Maniac
12-13-2015, 06:13 AM
I wonder if they will ever actually fix this? Are Ubisoft known to fix up their assassins creed games on pc? I know they are great at replying to their console players comments. But not so much to pc players.

I doubt they will. At best we'll likely get something that involves dumbed down graphics that raises FPS a bit but doesn't fix what's actually causing stutters and freezes. The kind of problems most are experiencing are things that could very well be hard to fix, like memory leaks or even the engine not loading textures fast enough.