PDA

View Full Version : JOY2KEY..config il2 INI?

GAU-8
06-09-2004, 07:14 PM
im messing around with JOY2KEY. so i can have a smooth stop free pan (excluding a linda blair..like old trackIR)

i get it to work in desktop, and i control the mouse with the hatswitch on my X45 just fine.

problem is, in GAME IL2, in PAN (NOT SNAP) mode, if you press right, your view rotates right a certain number of degrees, then stops. to see even further, press right again. playing online, i hate getting in a furball, and pressing right ,right, up,up,left left left. to keep an eye on things because of the in game "stops" in cockpit. i want it smooth, and set the speed at which it pans.

this doesnt happen with trackIR, emulating a mouse, so how do i get it to do the same with JOY2KEY? Is there something in the IL2 INI, that i have to change to remove these "X "amount degree stops?

GAU-8
06-09-2004, 07:14 PM
im messing around with JOY2KEY. so i can have a smooth stop free pan (excluding a linda blair..like old trackIR)

i get it to work in desktop, and i control the mouse with the hatswitch on my X45 just fine.

problem is, in GAME IL2, in PAN (NOT SNAP) mode, if you press right, your view rotates right a certain number of degrees, then stops. to see even further, press right again. playing online, i hate getting in a furball, and pressing right ,right, up,up,left left left. to keep an eye on things because of the in game "stops" in cockpit. i want it smooth, and set the speed at which it pans.

this doesnt happen with trackIR, emulating a mouse, so how do i get it to do the same with JOY2KEY? Is there something in the IL2 INI, that i have to change to remove these "X "amount degree stops?

georgeo76
06-09-2004, 07:58 PM
Why don't you use one of your X45 HAT switches as mouse emulation? then it will behave exactly like the mouse pan view.

Make sure you have the SST software (advanced user) installed. then open profile manager and select one of your hat's. Click on the little arrow next to the hat field and select "mouse 8-way" or "Mouse 4-way".

GAU-8
06-09-2004, 08:05 PM
VERY VERY SWEET!..

mode 1,2,3, all activated for a high speed, med, very slow speed setting.. perfect for furthest and closest point of view speeds..thx!

[This message was edited by GAU-8 on Wed June 09 2004 at 07:17 PM.]