PDA

View Full Version : Consistent Crashing

ArcZephyer
11-26-2015, 04:11 AM
For some reason no matter what I do the game keeps crashing. It runs perfectly smooth and for no reason just crashes. There's no error or anything either it just brings me to the desktop like I quit the game or something. This has happened in the menu, joining a match, in a match, etc. I'm running with an Nvidia geforce gtx 980, and I'm running on the highest settings possible. If anyone could provide assistance that would be greatly appreciated! Also if you need any more information on my hardware I would be more than happy to provide it. Thanks! Oh also I have the latest drivers and I'm running Windows 10

Gento.
11-26-2015, 04:30 AM
exactly the same problem. There are other players with the same issue....

as always:

i7 6700K
GTX 980 ti Sli
Z170 Deluxe
16 Gig DDR4
Win 10 x64
Nvidia 359.00

Game runs pretty smooth, when I reach a match... But sometimes game closes through the cinematic....

ArcZephyer
11-26-2015, 04:46 AM
Oh thank god I'm not the only one! lol Guess I better post my specs too...

i7 6700k
GeForce GTX 980
16gb Ram
Windows 10 x64

wow my specs are almost the same as yours hehe. Please help us Ubisoft because the game looks fun and I'd like to test it out :D

Gento.
11-26-2015, 06:42 AM
Yes. The strange thing is, nearly every other person with nearly the same specs, which I seen in the forum, are on the same problem :(

c0V3Ro-BR
11-26-2015, 06:56 AM
Same here. Crashes to desktop with no error code.
win 10 x64 home sl
catalyst 15.300.1025.0
r9 280x 3gb
fx-4300
ga-970a-ud3p
No overclocks, temperatures are fine :/

Exytos
11-26-2015, 11:30 AM
I have just reinstalled windows 10, installed all updates and drivers. Tested variuos display settings, but the game crashes during the first 1-5 minutes. No error message is displayed

My computer:

Intel LGA1151 Core i7-6700K
HyperX Fury DDR4 2133MHz 16GB kit
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD
MSI GeForce GTX970 4GB Gaming PCI-E
ASUS LGA1151 Z170-A

Mephystoz
11-26-2015, 11:33 AM
Hi ! Same problem here ! No lag issues, even tried out lower the settings (150 FPS with highest) but didn't help. Reinstalled Uplay AND the game on my other hard drive (not SDD) and still have the crashes. Sometimes it crashes after 10 secondes sometimes after 5 minutes and can't find any relation with my settings / options or whatever.
I think the problem comes from the Nvidia driver.

i7 6700K 4GHz
GTX 980 (latest drivers installed)
16 Gb DDR4
Win 10 fam

Ubi-Talos
11-26-2015, 12:13 PM
Hello,

Sorry to see you are having this issue, can you just confirm the same issue occurs while running in Windowed/Borderless modes?

Can you also from the start menu type in Event Viewer and run this application.
From the Window Logs> Application can you see if there is any reports at the time of these crashes.

b3nutzmich
11-26-2015, 01:28 PM
Same problem here ... throw me back on my Desktop without any error message or something ...

I7 6700K
MSI Z170A Gaming Pro
16GB DDR4 2800 Mhz
GTX 980 TI

b3nutzmich
11-26-2015, 01:35 PM
Hello,

Sorry to see you are having this issue, can you just confirm the same issue occurs while running in Windowed/Borderless modes?

From the Window Logs> Application can you see if there is any reports at the time of these crashes.

There are no logs in my Event Viewer after the game crashed

Gento.
11-26-2015, 01:48 PM
same here. Was the first thing for me, to take a look at some logs. Found nothing. Send a support ticket with MSinfo and DXdiag. Answer was "Servers having issues".....

ArcZephyer
11-26-2015, 03:14 PM
Hello,

Ok so I tried both Windowed and Borderless modes with the event viewer and there are no reports of crashes whatsoever. It crashed in the menu, and during 2 matches. I don't understand what the problem could be, no matter what it just seems to crash :( please help!

Edit: Yea I just tried this a bunch more time in both Windowed/Borderless modes and the fullscreen mode, still closes for no reason and at random, sometimes in a match sometimes in the menu. though usually it crashes in a match but like I said there's no error and Event Viewer shows nothing.

Devergentix
11-26-2015, 04:02 PM
Same problem here. It's just disappearing with no error. the game closes itself with no reason at random scenario.
It has something to do with our hardware? Most of the people having this issue are on 6700k and z170.
I've tried to change every setting I possibly could in game and in nvidia drivers, tried to close all the applications and disable all network adapters.
Nothing helped.
Event viewer is clean, no reports of any problems with application or windows.

Running the game through Steam by the way.

Core i7 6700k
ASUS Deluxe Z170
32 GB RAM
ASUS STRIX 980 Ti
Windows 10 Pro x64
Nvidia Driver 359.00

lintmark
11-26-2015, 04:59 PM
i have the same :mad::mad::mad::mad:

specs

i7 - 6700k
msi m7 motherboard z170
asus r9 290x

Ubi-Talos
11-26-2015, 05:04 PM
Thanks for the update after trying Windowed/borderless and also there is no reports appearing at the time of the crash.

ArcZephyer
11-26-2015, 05:26 PM
Thanks for the update after trying Windowed/borderless and also there is no reports appearing at the time of the crash.

Your welcome! However is there someone still working on a fix for this? It feels like I'm being left hanging, along with the several others who seem to be plagued by this issue. The game is unplayable as it stands. I was hoping for more than a thanks lol Is there anything else I can try or do to make it work? Or are you guys gonna be patching with bug fixes and stuff soon?

Ubi-Talos
11-26-2015, 05:27 PM
Hello All,

Could you confirm if you have software like EVGA precision, MSI Afterburn, RivaTuner installed and running on the computer. If you are willing could you temporary disable/uninstall these type of software.

Ubi-Talos
11-26-2015, 05:32 PM
Sorry ArcZephyer I submitted a reply by mistake while I was checking this out, reporting the feedback from this post

ArcZephyer
11-26-2015, 05:51 PM
Hello All,

Could you confirm if you have software like EVGA precision, MSI Afterburn, RivaTuner installed and running on the computer. If you are willing could you temporary disable/uninstall these type of software.

Sorry ArcZephyer I submitted a reply by mistake while I was checking this out, reporting the feedback from this post

It's ok lol I just want to play :D Um I'm not sure what all those are but after a google search it seems its all stuff for overclocking your system. I know my computer is set up to overclock things but I don't think I'm actually doing it. However I did find out that I'm running a Z170A Gaming M9 MSI Motherboard. I don't know if that has anything to do with it but it is MSI, though I don't believe I'm overclocking anything. And I checked my computer, I'm not running any of that software.

Gento.
11-26-2015, 06:05 PM
Im on both, msi afterburner and Riva tuner.... but only runing in the back

EDIT: They´re not active....

Ubi-Talos
11-26-2015, 06:20 PM
Thanks for that it is not the over clocking it is more the Overlay features and monitoring tools causing conflicts. While speaking about this some people have removed this software have helped with crashing issues.

Gento.
11-26-2015, 06:33 PM
deinstalled both. Doesnt affect anything. Still the same issue :(

Devergentix
11-26-2015, 06:57 PM
Same here. uninstalled everything I could think of.
Anything overlay related or any program in the background.
Damn, I even ran a clean boot.

I think the game is trying to do some kind of a check and its failing. that's why its crashing/closing the game, maybe related to gameblocks? I don't remember seeing it in the closed beta.
I'm familiar with gameblocks. there was some sort of similar issue with it in battlefield 4

ArcZephyer
11-26-2015, 07:44 PM
Thanks for that it is not the over clocking it is more the Overlay features and monitoring tools causing conflicts. While speaking about this some people have removed this software have helped with crashing issues.

The only Overlay features I had running were from Uplay and Steam which I disabled thinking they were the cause originally, but like everything else it didn't do anything and the issue still occurs. Glad to know I'm not alone in this. Maybe it does have something to do with Gameblocks... I wouldn't know though. If you can think of anything else Ubi-Talos we would appreciate it :D

iM.CoNTra
11-26-2015, 08:48 PM
I keep crashing and crashing I know its the beta. but i keep loosing rank please help!

ArcZephyer
11-26-2015, 09:12 PM
I keep crashing and crashing I know its the beta. but i keep loosing rank please help!

Thanks for your contribution but could you make your own thread with your specific issue, some of us can't even play long enough to get ranked because of crashing. Which is why I made this thread. I hope your issue get's solved too :D Help us out ubisoft!

b3nutzmich
11-26-2015, 09:41 PM
Hey guys,

i activate the beta in uplay and download the open beta ( NOT STEAM !!! ) now it works for me.

So i have 2 Rainbow Six Beta Games in my Uplay Libary ( 1 Steam connectet and a normal Uplay Version )

No Problems ... 144 FPS ... no Graphic bugs or something.

Im still 2 hours Online without a crash.

Steam Version is still not working.

Hope it works for u guys too

ArcZephyer
11-26-2015, 09:52 PM
Hey guys,

i activate the beta in uplay and download the open beta ( NOT STEAM !!! ) now it works for me.

So i have 2 Rainbow Six Beta Games in my Uplay Libary ( 1 Steam connectet and a normal Uplay Version )

Glad it worked for you lol wish it would for me! I can't download the beta in uplay, there's no option. All I've got is steam so ubisoft needs to fix whatever the issue is with steam :(

b3nutzmich
11-26-2015, 10:03 PM
Hey,

i had to activate the beta again in uplay. In the news section ... something like Rainbow Six Open Beta .... click to activate or something. I clicked on it and now i have 2 Rainbow Six Betas in my Libary.

ArcZephyer
11-26-2015, 10:49 PM
Hey,

i had to activate the beta again in uplay. In the news section ... something like Rainbow Six Open Beta .... click to activate or something. I clicked on it and now i have 2 Rainbow Six Betas in my Libary.

Yea, like I said, I looked everywhere on Uplay but there's no such option, just the current Beta which opens in steam even if I try it in Uplay first. Either way they need to fix the crashing in steam as well. Thanks for trying though, maybe what you said will give them a clue as to what's actually wrong. :) Please help us out ubisoft! I remember even fallout 4 was crashing every 10 min until everyone was getting the beta update on steam. So I'm sure there's a solution for this too

GameBoy932
11-27-2015, 02:03 AM
Same problem.......

i7 6700K
GTX 980 ti Sli
Z170 Asus ROG Maximus VIII Hero
32 Gig DDR4
Win 10 x64
Nvidia 359.00

Hate130XXL
11-27-2015, 03:50 AM
Yup, same deal for me.

i7-6700k
Asus Maximus VIII
Windows 10 x64
Nvidia drivers up to date as of today.

Game crashes, sometimes as early as the intro movies. Straight to desktop. No error message, no report of an error in the Windows Event Manager. It just disappears within 5 minutes guaranteed.

Closed Beta of Rainbow 6 worked great.

Gento.
11-27-2015, 04:34 AM
Hey guys,

Not working for me. Just the steam thing. Game is still crashing.

Curios about how the will manage this till tuesday. Bought the Gold Edition in september...

MaRsHaIL Oz
11-27-2015, 04:56 AM
i too am having the same issues........
i76700
gtx970
16gb ram
MB gigabyte G1 gaming z170x
ssd samsung 5gb
win 10 64pro
all drivers updated

fresh install crashing at all different times i am yet to finish a round without it going to desktop, checked forums for fixes, tried winowed mode etc still same, turned off steam notifications made it slightly better as the game would crash much sooner before, but still crashes every time.

also it looks terrible, is there a fix or patch for high end spec pcs as seems kinda fuzzy not crisp runnig on ultra settings on asus gaming monitor it looked better before and that was before i upgraded my rig to play this game. none of this happened in the previous beta test and its a bit upsetting so close to realese, all theses problems are here..

please let us know if there is a fix.

also i would post any errors from event viewer had there been any to post. its not showing at all what the problem is..

also i tried to download the beta through uplay and the key i have from steam which works does not work there to enable me to download it that way :(

b3nutzmich
11-27-2015, 11:51 AM
hey,

maybe try to make a new uplay account to download the beta from uplay?

Thomsen_DK
11-27-2015, 02:56 PM
same problem

Gento.
11-27-2015, 05:12 PM
Support wrote me something about a hotfix... but not when... :(

iM.CoNTra
11-27-2015, 05:28 PM
I have tried to play all morning and have crashed 5 times the way i am crashing is the screen freezes but the game is still running i can hear the game sounds and my friends say i am still moving but on my screen the game is froze and when i go to minimize is crashes i have sent all five crash reports.

CPU - I7-4770K
16GB DDR4
2 GTX 760s
WIN 10 x64
850 EVO SSD 500 GB
Latest nvida drivers

ArcZephyer
11-27-2015, 05:55 PM
Support wrote me something about a hotfix... but not when... :(

Well that's somewhat good news I suppose :D

Gento.
11-27-2015, 06:42 PM
okay. Createt a second acount, just Uplay, no steam. Game is running without any prob. But the game at tuesday should run via steam... I bought it there...

So I can confirm that when youre not using steam, the game runs perfectly. No problem, no crash.
Tried it again through steam.... Same ***t as everytime.

Thomsen_DK
11-27-2015, 08:08 PM
I use the Beta Access from Uplay to launch game, not Steam and it work now for me to.. Played 2 hours no problems..

Hate130XXL
11-27-2015, 08:19 PM
It's pretty clear based on the system specs posted here that this open beta has a conflict with Skylake based intel chips. Any confirmation from the devs about that yet?

BewarePenguin
11-27-2015, 11:56 PM
yeah it makes me sad that I can't play :(

i7-6700 @ 3.4GHz
Nvidia GeForce GTX 745
16gb ram
Windows 10 X64

EdgyKrypt
11-28-2015, 12:23 AM
It's pretty clear based on the system specs posted here that this open beta has a conflict with Skylake based intel chips. Any confirmation from the devs about that yet?

My game just closes 1 second after the splash screen so it might not just be skylake

i7 4790k
and a GTX 980 ti

HVT-Keinan
11-28-2015, 04:02 PM
Ubi ? You have a fix for this ? We needs to try this game if WE NEEDS TO BUY IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Answer us !!!!!!!!

NeoSilent
11-28-2015, 04:43 PM
Came to post a thread about the constant crashing to desktop - most of the time it generates a crash report but the other half the time it doesn't.

I think I've finished 2 or 3 full games and crashed about 15-20 times now.

i7 3770K
16GB Ram
NVidia (EGVA) 980ti
Installed on an SSD

Fullscreen, windows 10 64bit. Tried changing refresh rate up from 66 to 144 (I have a 144hz monitor), turned of VSync, lowered graphics settings from ultra to high - still happens.

Sorry, but I'm going back to Fallout 4 and crossing this of my wishlist, until I see someform of patch/announcement around this issue.

ps. Im an old Ghost Recon/Rainbow Six competative player so this game - oh man, I want it so bad to work!

Edit: Oh man I joined in 2003? lol

HVT-Keinan
11-28-2015, 06:16 PM
Up for ubisoft !! What's going on ?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsqUZkmO-zk

xXGaminGXx33
11-28-2015, 07:08 PM
hey,

Me before crash my PC bug and freeze I felt 10 FPS

Fulysic
11-29-2015, 05:45 AM
Works fine on Uplay but constant crashes at random on Steam no error reports tired all solutions just randomly crashes to desktop

appears i have similar specs to people in this thread so thought i should post as well

Intel Core i7 6700K Quad Core LGA 1151 4.0 GHz Unlocked CPU Processor
Fractal Design Kelvin S36 Liquid CPU Cooler
ASUS Z170-Deluxe LGA 1151 Motherboard
Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB (4x 8GB) 2400MHz DDR4 Memory
2x EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti Superclocked+ ACX 2.0+ 6GB Video Card
EVGA SuperNOVA 1000W G2 80+ Gold Full Modular Power Supply
Kingston HyperX Savage 480GB 2.5" SATA SSD SHSS37A/480G
Kingston HyperX Savage 240GB 2.5" SATA SSD SHSS37A/240G
WD WD4003FZEX 4TB Black 3.5” 7200RPM SATA3 Hard Drive
Windows 10 Professional 64-bit
total resolution 5760 x 1080 (Running Nvidia Surround)

Gento.
11-29-2015, 09:40 AM
Heya.

Yes, looks like a steam thing and a hardware thing. As I wrote before, Im curios, how Ubi will manage that, until tuesday.
I bought the game throug steam. There is no other way to start it.

Also installed R6 through a new Uplay account. This works fine, but not the steam variant.

again system specs:

i7 6700k
980 ti sli
Z170 Deluxe
16 Gig DDR4 (3200)
Win 10 x64

Im rellay hopping, that there will be a hotfix for that problem. Beta is not the problem for me. But I want to play on release !

HVT-Keinan
11-29-2015, 03:18 PM
WTF are u doing UBI ?! ANSWER !

krummie7
11-29-2015, 05:42 PM
Same issue - I crash within 30-60 seconds whether I'm in a match or just doing the benchmark. Goes straight to the desktop, with no errors. Drivers are all up to date. No overclocking or special software running.

Running steam version
GTX 980 Ti
i7-6700K
Windows 10 64 bit

HVT-Keinan
11-29-2015, 07:33 PM
Ubiiiii immmm stilll heeeereee !! I will become your nightmare you will dream of me every night

IRU_Ash
11-30-2015, 05:36 PM
I just created a thread about this without seeing this post but also the I7 6700K....notice 99% of people having this issue have the same chip....compatibility between game and chip ?
My thread - http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1341746-Game-closes-down-with-no-error-code

Quadsatv
12-20-2015, 05:00 PM
Just got the game installed, plays perfectly smooth, although it said my graphic driver was out of date which it was, but on purpose. I have gtx 970 and was using 353.82, so i upgraded to 359.06 and played the game after then my pc randomly completely shuts off as if the plug came out of the wall. It restarts fine, then does it again. So i go look up on the forums and see that other people have issues with that update and revert it back to the old 1 i was using. Played again this time the game and pc froze up, restarted again, and tried a newer update that was claimed to be more stable 358.50, played again and pc shuts off again, revert back to 353.82 and plays fine again for a hour then pc doesnt freeze but shuts off completely again. This is Extremely odd as i play 100's of other games and even ubi games steam games and use the pc daily and this does not happen at all ever not even once till i try rainbow six siege, only occurs when playing this game. It is a shame cause i like the game from what little i have played it but wont be buying it till i can play it without issue. Not sure if my driver has anything to do with it or not but ill be using the old 1 for now as it works fine. Game crashed with all 3 i tried.

Win 10 Home Prem 64bit
AMD FX 8350
16GB RAM
Nvidia Geforce GTX970

jjspaceman
12-20-2015, 07:08 PM
Same here, game crashes constantly since the latest patch. Ran perfectly smooth prior to that, never a single crash. Jumping through Ubisoft's hoops at the moment, but it's pretty generic (clear out temp files, disable startup apps, etc.) and hasn't helped at all. Thoroughly disappointing.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit
Intel Core i7 2.80
16 GB RAM
Radeon R9 200

dropofBEEMO
12-20-2015, 08:43 PM
Game keeps shutting down. Before the update I was running ultra with 1920x1080 in borderless. Since then it changed to ultra windowed 1260x720. If I try to change any settings it crashes. 90% of the time it starts to open the game then shuts down like I closed out.

i7-6700k
ASUS Maximus VIII Hero
16 GB DDR4
GTX 970
Windows 10 Home 64bit

BeagPlays
12-21-2015, 12:46 AM
I think the reason is not because of the game, it's because of Uplay. I have seen the game crash and just as it does, a Uplay popup shows telling you about a special offer, then i goes away. I've disabled anything ingame and desktop notifications but it's made no change. I can ony guess this happens on other games running through Uplay?

SsgtScott
12-21-2015, 05:23 AM
Same issue:

Silently crashed to desktop with no error ONLY on my deskop, plays fine on my laptop.

Desktop specs:

I7 6700K

980ti SC

Papa__Pump
12-21-2015, 05:33 AM
Try borderless window mode

SsgtScott
12-21-2015, 06:26 AM
Borderless doesnt help.

FlanFlanSu
12-21-2015, 03:19 PM
I have the same issue ever since Friday, Dec. 18th. The game, other than the usual flaws already widely known, has been running smooth as silk since release. I am also not plagued by disconnects or anything. But since said date I keep CTDing frequently as well.

The hardware is rather similar to most:

Z170 Deluxe Mainboard
i7-6700k
GTX980Ti STRIXX

So far my research into the problem has found that it appears more frequently the higher the frames are. No matter Fullscreen/Windowed/Borderless. I manually capped the FPS through NVIDIA Inspector to 58FPS (58 because it usually reduces input delay with VSYNC by quite a margin) and enabled VSYNC 1 frame - I also changed the refresh rate ingame to 60hz (144hz screen here).

The issue is also not cache-related (From my experience, that usually happens with corrupt cache and/or shader-cache dumps), but nothing changed with that as well.

The only decently working solution is the above mentioned 60fps/VSYNC 1 capping, but that only reduces the CTDing to a bearable level.

Feels like an overflow/out-of-bounds related issue, since it completely closes itself - so programmatically the issue might be rather deep in the main thread of the engine. But thats just my dibs with no inside knowledge ofc. A good guess based on the experience from my own game projects.

Error-handling seems to crap itself as well, since there is zero info on what happened.

EDIT: Is there a way to enable verbose-logging of the game with the consumer release? Might be handy to dig down to the issue with some log files of affected systems.

EDIT2: It might be usefull if the mods would consolidate all the CTD related topics into this one - there are currently like 5+ threads open concidering the same issue.