PDA

View Full Version : Please fix deadzone for controller

airprofile2
11-24-2015, 09:58 PM
Hi!

I enjoyed the closed beta very much but I don't know what you have done with the controls. What is the purpose of the deadzone? This is similar to what GTA V online has and it is the worst thing you can do to us consol players :( please remove it so we can get competitive and serious!

Also, the waiting time for getting into a game is too long right now. I read your message about servers being maintained right now but still a bit scary since release next week.

I was really disappointed with battlefront beta but the rainbow six beta really made me happy so please fix this!

Best regards
Carl-Philip

KrazeeDD
11-25-2015, 06:19 AM
Yes this x1000.

The closed beta was flawless with aiming. Now I can't even move without looking wildly all over the place.

This needs to be fixed. PLEASE revert back to last betas controls.

airprofile2
11-25-2015, 08:18 AM
Is it possible for us to have an explanation of the reason? I mean you might not want to remove the deadzone but it would be nice if you to tell us why you decided to implement it :)

Regards
Carl-Philip

KrazeeDD
11-25-2015, 05:16 PM
Is it possible for us to have an explanation of the reason? I mean you might not want to remove the deadzone but it would be nice if you to tell us why you decided to implement it :)

Regards
Carl-Philip

This or a give us the numbers for each setting to get it beck to closed beta feel.

JBerdx
11-25-2015, 06:46 PM
You can adjust dead zones in Options.

KrazeeDD
11-25-2015, 07:03 PM

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/facebook/000/210/119/9b3.png

GoatZiIla
11-25-2015, 07:44 PM
What exactly is this "dead zone" thing you speak of?

airprofile2
11-25-2015, 08:27 PM
What exactly is this "dead zone" thing you speak of?

When you aim with your stick the game won't register the first 5% of input on the stick. Usually shooters don't have this and I am not sure of why Ubisoft choose to have I here since you experience it as there is an input lag from the controller or your monitor..

If you would implement this on PC players with their mouse and keyboard, well the reaction would not be of the kind sort. So why we got it is unclear for me and is the reason why I asked here so maybe the dev. team could answer.

airprofile2
11-25-2015, 08:33 PM

Of course you can adjust it but you can't turn it of completely.

KrazeeDD
11-25-2015, 09:23 PM
Of course you can adjust it but you can't turn it of completely.

The devs can adjust it....right back to how it was in the closed beta.

KrazeeDD
11-25-2015, 10:23 PM
Wow im sick to my stomach looking at the closed beta footage. How much better the gunplay is. This current version is a mess.

thosakron2014
11-25-2015, 11:11 PM
the aiming is totaly ****ed up, i was looking forward to this game after playing the closed beta a few months ago but after triyng this new beta im very disappointet, and if this is not fixed for tommorow i wil cansel my preorder

Yes this x1000.

The closed beta was flawless with aiming. Now I can't even move without looking wildly all over the place.

This needs to be fixed. PLEASE revert back to last betas controls.

JBerdx
11-25-2015, 11:54 PM
The devs can adjust it....right back to how it was in the closed beta.

Was it ever below 5%? Even in the Closed Beta? I recall being surprised the option was there at all.

KrazeeDD
11-26-2015, 12:02 AM
Was it ever below 5%? Even in the Closed Beta? I recall being surprised the option was there at all.

I dont know where it was TBH. Im trying to say that it feel NOTHING like the closed beta. Which is a bummer because it was amazing. I feel like I have no control over my gun and when I aim I just hop it will land over my target,

KITTEN_FRENZY
11-26-2015, 01:39 AM
I dont know where it was TBH. Im trying to say that it feel NOTHING like the closed beta. Which is a bummer because it was amazing. I feel like I have no control over my gun and when I aim I just hop it will land over my target,

Meh, it's not that bad on PS4.
I have mine set at 7 for both sticks, but I drop my controller a lot so it's a bit wonky.
They added ADS sensitivity for us too.
I'm currently at
Sensitivity: 6
DZ: 7
ADS Sensitivity: 40

airprofile2
11-26-2015, 10:54 AM
Meh, it's not that bad on PS4.
I have mine set at 7 for both sticks, but I drop my controller a lot so it's a bit wonky.
They added ADS sensitivity for us too.
I'm currently at
Sensitivity: 6
DZ: 7
ADS Sensitivity: 40

I don't mean this as something offending but if you are serious about gaming you don't accept any kind of input lag from the sticks. ADS don't solve the problem even though it might help. However in the best of worlds(games), there is no deadzone/input lag or delay.

When I bought my ps4 I also bought a Sony screen with low response time since a response time of 40ms (or something similar) just isn't good enough. I don't see why you would consciously implement deadzone for the controller since the experience is the same as a high response time screen and I ruins the aiming.

airprofile2
11-26-2015, 01:00 PM
Just an example of what it can look like.. (Not the same game though)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=He77KcLJN-o

Aidoc27
11-26-2015, 08:48 PM
I was really looking forward to this game.. I was willing to overlook the mentions of bad servers and matchmaking, I figured that would get fixed or it wouldn't happen all the time. The controls being wonky and sluggish though? It feels like there's input lag or something. This is my first time playing the game and it feels awful, it reminds me of how Evolve felt on PS4. Can someone from Ubisoft tell us if this is going to get fixed, preferably before the game even releases? The thumbsticks just don't feel right, not like other shooters like Black Ops 3 or Battlefront that feel flawless. I don't know if it's the deadzone or something else (I didn't play in previous beta's.) but apparently it's a new thing sooo.. Will it be fixed? I'm not buying otherwise even though I really want to.

Chewiee77
11-27-2015, 06:50 AM
I felt the same way, but i sort of like the more sluggish feel. Do you guys really want this game to be another Call of duty were guys run around blasting everything.
This system forces you to use ads mor frequently while entering rooms etc. Govindas it a more authentic and tactical feel. So ubi please dont adjust! I want a game where you have to think and plan. Not just move around and be the one with best reactiontime.

MIKESVT
11-28-2015, 08:14 PM
Yes, this deadzone issue needs to be addressed. It's not about sluggish aiming, it's about the crosshair not moving for the first 5% then shooting across the target completely missing what you intend to shoot. It feels "boxy", like each input moves the crosshair 6inches at 25ft. That's insane, and not realistic for a game that intends to represent real world scenarios. I garantee at least allowing the user to set this to 0% will not change the game into CoD.

gregginho
12-02-2015, 11:17 PM
Yes,completely agree.there is no need to have any deadzone in the analog sticks.does anyone actually know why such a thing is ever implemented into a game,what is the reason.

LastToNight
12-03-2015, 06:12 AM
The problem is not in option, the problem is that the minimum setting is 5(!?). We need zero available as a setting option, otherwise its impossible to precise aim.
To be honest this game disappoints me with every match i play, the servers, the lag, the controls with too high of a dead zone.. i can keep on with the list, but you get the point...

xSchultzx
12-05-2015, 10:00 AM
Quote:

"I found that the game is bugged in that if you change an in-game option the look mechanic changes and is different between when it's changed and the next time you start the game. This would explain why people have reported it feeling different and floaty. They are tweaking it in one session and experience good results, close the game, re open it and it feels awful again. It feels bad because the look mechanic reverted.

One of the look mechanic "modes" has significantly less micro movement and a higher deadzone. The other mode uses a lower deadzone and more micro movement. I just confirmed the behavior is better for both platforms after adjusting the right stick deadzone knob. This is a lot to digest so to break it down...

1) startup look mechanic without touching knobs (10 right stick deadzone) - large deadzone, poor micro movement
2) lowest right stick deadzone - smaller deadzone, very poor micro movement
3) altered right stick deadzone (10) - larger deadzone, great micro movement

On #3. 10 can already be set as default when you launch the game and it will have the behavior of #1. It's only when you alter 10 to a different number and then back to 10 that you get #3, which is the best type of look mechanic. In short, max the three in-game sensitivity knobs, and each time you launch the game change the right stick deadzone size to something else and then back to 10 for best results."

Doubtly
12-05-2015, 12:51 PM
+1. Why the **** would we want the dead zone to be adjusted? ANY movement I do with my finger should me registered, not only 95%... Holy ****

NewfieMan709
12-07-2015, 03:01 AM
I agree this is need to be fixed you don't have to remove but add a zero option this is really bad idea. +1

Bubs999
12-07-2015, 02:56 PM
If I change mine, then it doesn't reset, but still needs a zero option

slon2613
12-09-2015, 01:04 AM
have the same issue here and hope it wil be fixed, coz it's so important thing in FPS games

NewfieMan709
12-10-2015, 03:43 PM
Is nobody at ubisoft even going comment on this? There have been various post about this not one of them have been acknowledged.

Buffgary
12-14-2015, 07:10 PM
Yep please remove or let us customise it fully

BeardedDragunov
12-17-2015, 11:04 PM
I just needed to point out one thing to the people posting in here. Dead zone settings are in EVERY console game. It's just most of the time you can't see an option for it. The reason I know it's in every game is the simple fact that the analog stick doesn't always reset to a 0,0 x,y position after you let go of it. If you were to play a game with zero dead zone you would constantly have aim drifting when you're not moving the sticks.

Also I wanted to throw in the opposite opinion in the thread. Thank you devs for the changes to dead zones that you've made since the closed beta. As a high sensitivity user the game was unplayable, but now (not including the settings reset bug that someone mentioned that I encounter every time I log in) it's miles ahead of what it was in the beta.

Lastly from what I can tell I don't believe the devs are doing this, but i could be wrong. If you look google "Doing thumbsticks dead zones right - Third Helix" I believe that implementation would solve a lot of issues people are complaining about with the dead zone settings.

NewfieMan709
12-18-2015, 09:07 AM
Would you like me to send you a set of knee pads so you can blow ubisoft in comfort or are your knees callused from doing it all the time? This is a thread for people who want the option to have a 0% dead zone not why you don't want to see the option you self righteous turd. More options in a game are better for the players in general to not want them is just ridiculous. And yes there is a big difference in precise aiming in this game compared to any other game on the market right now that is a 100% fact.

jaysta_
12-18-2015, 11:34 AM
Totally agree with this. This is my problem, absolutely nailed it! PLEASE FIX THIS

"I found that the game is bugged in that if you change an in-game option the look mechanic changes and is different between when it's changed and the next time you start the game. This would explain why people have reported it feeling different and floaty. They are tweaking it in one session and experience good results, close the game, re open it and it feels awful again. It feels bad because the look mechanic reverted.

One of the look mechanic "modes" has significantly less micro movement and a higher deadzone. The other mode uses a lower deadzone and more micro movement. I just confirmed the behavior is better for both platforms after adjusting the right stick deadzone knob. This is a lot to digest so to break it down...

1) startup look mechanic without touching knobs (10 right stick deadzone) - large deadzone, poor micro movement
2) lowest right stick deadzone - smaller deadzone, very poor micro movement
3) altered right stick deadzone (10) - larger deadzone, great micro movement

On #3. 10 can already be set as default when you launch the game and it will have the behavior of #1. It's only when you alter 10 to a different number and then back to 10 that you get #3, which is the best type of look mechanic. In short, max the three in-game sensitivity knobs, and each time you launch the game change the right stick deadzone size to something else and then back to 10 for best results."

edi_vedder
12-28-2015, 06:16 AM

Any recommended settings on this?