PDA

View Full Version : Holiday Homework Challenge

mattshotcha
11-24-2015, 06:18 PM
http://static9.cdn.ubi.com/resource/en-GB/game/holiday homework_news_229752.jpg

We here at Trials know that all you dirt biking squirrels are stashing those Acorns for the winter and this is the season of giving after all. But let’s be honest, it’s kind of the season of GETTING as well so here’s the deal. We want your best winter/holiday themed track and we're putting some Acorns on the line to see them. Hold on though, it’s not that simple.

Last time around we set out to hurt the rider as brutally as possible but now it’s time to reward all your digital avatars with some much deserved R&R. Aside from the holiday/winter theme, this track needs to end with a super comfy rider, relaxing for the holidays. We’re talking a hot cocoa in hand, feet up, It’s A Wonderful Life on the telly, relaxing by the fire kind of ending.

Now as always with these, the track should be short and we’ll be judging the entries primarily on the comfy factor of the ending scenario with drive line, décor and theme as secondary factors. We’ve got the full list of guide lines posted below.

All entries will be reviewed live on the Trials Live Editor Stream Tuesday December 15th at 5pm EET.

Best of luck, riders!

Holiday Homework Challenge Guidelines:

• Track must be Holiday or Winter themed
• Begin the track name with WHC (winter homework challenge), no symbols or numbers before the tag
• Feature of the track – Comfy ending scenario
• Short Track between 15 sec. and 30 sec. for Platinum time
• Any difficulty between easy and extreme (sorry, no ninjas)
• Any game mode (Trials/XSX/FMX/Skill Game/Local SX)
• First Place Reward – 2000 Acorns
• Second Place Reward – 1000 Acorns
• 5 Random Winners selected – 500 Acorns each
• Primary Judging Factor – Comfy Ending, Creativity
• Secondary Judging Factors – Drive line, Décor, Theme
• Tracks must be uploaded by the start of the Editor Stream on Tuesday December 15th

As always be sure to tune in to the Trials Live Editor Stream every Tuesday at 5pm EET (Helsinki time) to talk about building, ask questions and watch us create our own comfy ending for the rider.

http://static9.cdn.ubi.com/resource/en-GB/game/trials/portal/editor_stream_news_229758.jpg

TheSlimReeper
11-24-2015, 08:34 PM
Awesome, nice to see a second place reward, on top of the first place and 5 random winners. Looking forward to the entrys

PneumaticBog484
11-25-2015, 02:20 AM
Thanks for making another Track Challenge! These things get my brain-a-turning, I'm running low on new Track ideas.

Now to start building.... hmm, so many ideas... but which to choose from? :confused:

IBlubbiI
12-05-2015, 03:53 AM
Well, i will go ahead and make my submission :p

Pc: "WHC Blubbi builds *_*" ..... I tried :rolleyes:

funktastic-
12-13-2015, 02:10 PM
hi guys just wanted to notify you that i have had to put a fix up for my entry , found out there was a flaw in bailing out. I was going to leave it as it was soo funny and cool but not really ideal for a comp entry. Just wanted to make sure the correct one gets played cheers guys:)

TheSlimReeper
12-15-2015, 06:46 PM
Congratulations to Swamp Balls and Funktastic for winning. Shogun, related to Valcanguard Holidays it was just a remake, Christmas themed. Not a serious entry whatsoever or a contender, just wanted to make something small, since I was not able to dedicate more time to a serious entry. Cheers.

mattshotcha
12-15-2015, 08:51 PM
After quite a significant deliberation, Shogun and Badger selected the first and second place winners, as well as the five random winners, on today's Editor's Stream.

Before we get into that, The Trials Team would like to thank all the participants for their entries in the Holiday Homework Challenge. We certainly hope you all had as much fun building as we have had checking out your tracks.

First, let's mention our random drawing winners (apologies if I misspell a name or two)

Sane Legend
Kailiman
Moleman2Day
Stonie
Redline Tekz

2nd Place

funktastic-

The Night Before Xmas fx

1st Place

SwampBalls

California Christmas

Congrats winners! I know this was a tough one for the guys to judge as there were quite a few top notch entries that could have walked away with this one. The Trails Building Community continues to impress everyone here at Trails HQ.

Many Thanks.

funktastic-
12-16-2015, 04:06 PM
Thanx for a great competition guys , it was awesome fun to create for and to watch.

shoutout to swampballs, well deserved bud , your tracks never fail to make me laugh and smile.:)

SwampBalls
01-08-2016, 02:55 AM
Thanx for a great competition guys , it was awesome fun to create for and to watch.

shoutout to swampballs, well deserved bud , your tracks never fail to make me laugh and smile.:)

Thanks Funk, it means a lot coming from you.