PDA

View Full Version : AC questionnaire survey

harsab
11-24-2015, 01:13 PM
Did anyone get that email that Ubisoft sends out every year?

I got one the other day & took about 20 minutes to complete. It asked questions like how the AC franchise should be in the coming years.
It asked various questions regarding what worked well in syndicate (rope launcher, side activities etc) if we should see these options in future AC's.

Also asked if the future AC's should have a functional MD story etc etc.

Wish i took screenshots.

siralex1986
11-24-2015, 02:35 PM
Really hope you wrote in capital letters "GIVE US BACK THE DAMN HOOD" ;)

On a serious note, didn't get anything so far!

SixKeys
11-24-2015, 06:40 PM
The survey only gets sent to a small percentage of fans. I think it's arbitrary who they select.

Do you happen to remember any other specifics? Like potential future locations etc.?

RzaRecta357
11-24-2015, 10:45 PM
Damn I got the last 2 years. Was hoping I'd get one this year.

Love that black adn white evie sig by the way.

cawatrooper9
11-24-2015, 10:50 PM
So... anybody who got it want to post it? I'd like to at least see what they've asked.

harsab
11-25-2015, 12:47 AM
The survey only gets sent to a small percentage of fans. I think it's arbitrary who they select.

Do you happen to remember any other specifics? Like potential future locations etc.?

I was actually waiting for them to ask me that but unfortunately no time periods in this AC survey. The closest thing to time periods i got was a question which was if AC should go to the future or further in the past. It also constantly compared the franchise with witcher 3 & how the side missions should be more of an important role. My memory is struggling now but it also asked ratings out of 10 of each character in syndicate. Also asked if we should have dual protagonists again.

Another intriguing question was if we wanted to carry on with the Frye's story & have a trilogy or have a new game with a new time period & Assassin.

Lastly what I can remember was question that was asked about how the franchise can improve & which I wrote a brief paragraph about how we need more lore in etc etc.

D.I.D.
11-25-2015, 02:22 AM
Another intriguing question was if we wanted to carry on with the Frye's story & have a trilogy or have a new game with a new time period & Assassin.

What a strange question. Whether the answers were in the positive or the negative, how could Ubisoft possibly respond to it in time?

I get selected all the time, and then immediately rejected after I tell them I don't own any Xboxes or Playstations, but if I'd been able to answer this question I'd love to answer it. The trouble is, I do want Evie back but I don't particularly want Jacob. They gave Jacob literally every truly big mission in the best locations. All Evie got was the Tower of London (the most on-rails of all the black boxes) and a few scraps from Jacob's missions where she got to revisit the same locations to do something much less exciting. I didn't like Jacob either. If they'd made Syndicate as a one-protagonist story for Jacob with Evie as just a supporting NPC, which they clearly wanted to do, I wouldn't have enjoyed it as much.

The trouble with a survey is that it can't be nuanced. A lot of people might say "no" to having the Fryes back, but would have said "yes" to "Would you like more London games? What about new parts of London? Or a different time period?".

Consus_E
11-25-2015, 03:59 AM
Any questions about Syndicates new gimmicks and their possible return/expansion. I'd love to see the next game have carriages.

D.I.D.
11-25-2015, 04:34 AM
Any questions about Syndicates new gimmicks and their possible return/expansion. I'd love to see the next game have carriages.

Carriages are fun. I really liked the way that racing wasn't just about holding down an accelerator. Having to pump A made that process a lot more physical and exciting, closer to Evie's own actions with the reins and whip (or Jacob's actions, if you have poor taste in protagonists). It was different to have to use the game's turbo function in order to drift on corners too.

I'd like to see them expand that concept a bit, maybe by giving you more speed in response to how many taps you put it on the A button, like the running control in GTA V.

BananaBlighter
11-25-2015, 06:45 PM
I hope we do get some sort of trilogy, or at least a mega expansion as I've stated countless times before.

RVSage
11-25-2015, 06:48 PM
If they are indeed planning a Frye sequel, it is stronger indication of a game in India, featuring Evie. But the probability is still quite low

BananaBlighter
11-25-2015, 07:05 PM
If they are indeed planning a Frye sequel, it is stronger indication of a game in India, featuring Evie. But the probability is still quite low

Or Wild West with Jacob. Or both. At least that was my theory.

Sorrosyss
11-28-2015, 02:12 AM
Interesting. I completed a survey last week, but mine certainly didn't ask about a Frye trilogy. Does sound like there a few different surveys going around, as mine had a lot on the modern day, and lots of questions about other open world games.

ze_topazio
11-28-2015, 03:20 AM
I just realized something, in Syndicate you can play as both siblings, that means Abstergo got their hands on the genetic memories of both Jacob and Evie and blended them inside the same simulation, in the end Evie marries Henry, do you know what that means? by having access to the DNA of one of Evie's descendants that means that they had the genetic memories of not only Evie but also Henry, so in theory, Henry could have been playable too.

That lead us to what you people were talking about, let's say they make a Frye trilogy, next game Evie and Henry go to India, since Jacob is not around, and let's say Ubisoft wants to keep the two protagonists thing, do you know who could be playable together with Evie? Henry of course, makes perfect sense, then in the following game Jacob goes to the wild west and maybe his future wife is the second playable character, or since they can now mix the genetic memories of two different people inside the same simulation it could be anyone, maybe Connor's descendant, Connor's descendant could actually be Jacob's wife, who knows.

And this dual protagonist thing gave me an idea, imagine playing inside the same simulation as both the hero and the villain, seeing the path of them both until the final confrontation, of course the loser would have to procreate before dying, so for the final sequence you play only as the winner, or maybe both could survive, why not.

I-Like-Pie45
11-28-2015, 04:26 AM
And this dual protagonist thing gave me an idea, imagine playing inside the same simulation as both the hero and the villain, seeing the path of them both until the final confrontation, of course the loser would have to procreate before dying, so for the final sequence you play only as the winner, or maybe both could survive, why not.

the player takes control as the villain and kills the protagonist and the entire support cast

a great silence fills the screen as it fades to credits

BananaBlighter
11-28-2015, 06:47 PM

The Jack the Ripper DLC achievements point towards the possibility of playing as Jack, or so it seems.

sharpblade1508
11-28-2015, 08:58 PM
Really hope you wrote in capital letters "GIVE US BACK THE DAMN HOOD" ;)

On a serious note, didn't get anything so far!

Amen brother, they either need to patch in some manner of toggle for Syndicate or at the very least let it be controlled by the player in all future games. The screwing with the hood is getting really irritating.

AjesR9
11-28-2015, 09:38 PM
I just realized something, in Syndicate you can play as both siblings, that means Abstergo got their hands on the genetic memories of both Jacob and Evie and blended them inside the same simulation, in the end Evie marries Henry, do you know what that means? by having access to the DNA of one of Evie's descendants that means that they had the genetic memories of not only Evie but also Henry, so in theory, Henry could have been playable too.

That lead us to what you people were talking about, let's say they make a Frye trilogy, next game Evie and Henry go to India, since Jacob is not around, and let's say Ubisoft wants to keep the two protagonists thing, do you know who could be playable together with Evie? Henry of course, makes perfect sense, then in the following game Jacob goes to the wild west and maybe his future wife is the second playable character, or since they can now mix the genetic memories of two different people inside the same simulation it could be anyone, maybe Connor's descendant, Connor's descendant could actually be Jacob's wife, who knows.

Talked about the being able to play as both in another thread. There I also got to think about how we shouldn't actually have to play as both, since synchronizing memories of one person shouldn't be depended on another persons memories, So to fully Synchronize Jacobs memories, we actually shouldn't have to play any of Evies memories.

As for Evie leaving Jacob, to go to India or something with Henry, is possible. But we also know that Lydia(Jacobs granddaughter) was trained by both Jacob and Evie, so Evie and Jacob would both at least be around or near when Lydia was growing up.

ze_topazio
11-29-2015, 12:37 AM
the player takes control as the villain and kills the protagonist and the entire support cast

a great silence fills the screen as it fades to credits

That would be pretty cool.

The Jack the Ripper DLC achievements point towards the possibility of playing as Jack, or so it seems.

We will have to wait and see.

Talked about the being able to play as both in another thread. There I also got to think about how we shouldn't actually have to play as both, since synchronizing memories of one person shouldn't be depended on another persons memories, So to fully Synchronize Jacobs memories, we actually shouldn't have to play any of Evies memories.

As for Evie leaving Jacob, to go to India or something with Henry, is possible. But we also know that Lydia(Jacobs granddaughter) was trained by both Jacob and Evie, so Evie and Jacob would both at least be around or near when Lydia was growing up.

From what I understand they just traveled to India to visit the family, after that they returned to London.

AjesR9
11-29-2015, 09:34 PM
From what I understand they just traveled to India to visit the family, after that they returned to London.

So you suggest the next game could take place during that trip of Henry and Evie to India to visit family, and meanwhile Jacob goes to America(The Wild West) and meets his wife. But neither Evie nor Jacob stay away from England for that extremely long. Also if Henry and Evie go to India and Jacob goes to America, then who will watch over London on the Assassins behalf, since those three pretty much were the only Assassins in London. Of the Assassins could send someone to do it, but thinking about how unwilling they were to send help to Henry, when he asked for it.

I think Jacob would stay in London and protect from Templars if Evie and Henry left for India on Honeymoon, Family Trip or the like.

cawatrooper9
11-30-2015, 04:27 PM
What a strange question. Whether the answers were in the positive or the negative, how could Ubisoft possibly respond to it in time?

They might just be looking for feedback on how people liked how they did the twins, or if we're ready for a bigger story arc again.

jellejackhammer
11-30-2015, 04:49 PM
I hope evie Will return.just because her story arc with her investment in first civ lore might move the MD forward aswell.can't see that with Jacob however.or atleast
Give us a protagonist with the same investment as evie does.afterall the historic story has to work together with The MD story.

SixKeys
12-01-2015, 09:13 AM
Maybe the twins question is to see whether players liked the idea of being able to switch between protagonists.