PDA

View Full Version : About being able to play as both Evie & Jacob

AjesR9
11-23-2015, 06:56 PM
I will admit I might have missed if there already is a thread about this, or if the question(s) I raise have been answered in the game, then I again must have missed it.

While playing AC: Syndicate I got to thinking how we could be able to play/"Re-live" the Life of both Evie and Jacob.

The Animus let you relive the lives of your ancestors. The Helix is likewise a cloud-based system, that makes it possible for people, to relive ancestors lives of people whose blood had been uploaded/connected to the Helix-Cloud, which was how we in AC: Black Flags could play/relive Desmond Miles's ancestor Edward Kennways life, despite Desmond Miles being dead at the time, since we in Black Flags relive Edwards life because a Blood Sample of Desmond Miles had been uploaded to the Helix-Cloud or what you might call it.

Again, don't know if don't know if I just missed this being explained in the game, but considering how the Animus and Helix works, then there should be some kind of explanation to how we can play as both Evie & Jacob, since they most likely would have different descendants in the present/current time. I have some thoughts on how it could be explained that we can play as both twins.

1. The Helix contains among many, a Blood Sample from a descendant of Evie Frye, and another Blood Sample from a descendant of Jacob Frye

2. There is some loophole in how the reliving of ancestors works, which enables you to also relive the lives of your ancestors sibling or at least their twins.

3. There has been some inbreeding or the like down the line, which makes it possible to relive both Evie & Jacobs life through one single Blood Sample.

Again, I'm not entirely sure if it was explained in the game, it was just something I started thinking about.

cawatrooper9
11-23-2015, 07:05 PM
Pretty sure everyone agrees that it's this one:

1. The Helix contains among many, a Blood Sample from a descendant of Evie Frye, and another Blood Sample from a descendant of Jacob Frye

AC Syndicate is basically when the Animus goes from being Microsoft Word to Google Docs.

ze_topazio
11-23-2015, 07:12 PM
They just blended the memories of both twins inside the same simulation.

VestigialLlama4
11-23-2015, 07:19 PM

That's the one.

Again, I'm not entirely sure if it was explained in the game, it was just something I started thinking about.[/QUOTE]

They haven't really clarified fully. But basically since Black Flag, you had the Data Dump Scanner by which you can explore memories of people by remote. The Desmond System of one guy exploring his past is no longer the case. You can explore anyone's memories uploaded on the Data Dump Scanner. Abstergo have been collecting genetic memories of people who use their Abstergo Cloud Consoles (Hence The Helix Promo at the Start) so it is possible to switch between multiple memory strands.

Like in Black Flag you switched from Edward to Adewale in the DLC. Switiching between Jacob and Evie at the same time is the same principle.

Likewise, BRAHMAN offered a solid hint who Evie Frye's descendant was.

AjesR9
11-23-2015, 07:28 PM
So it wasn't really explained probably in the game. But yeah, I would say my 1. explanation is the most likely, and I also see my 2. explanation as the 2nd most likely. The 3. explanation I see as the least likely of the 3.

cawatrooper9
11-23-2015, 07:32 PM
So it wasn't really explained probably in the game. But yeah, I would say my 1. explanation is the most likely, and I also see my 2. explanation as the 2nd most likely. The 3. explanation I see as the least likely of the 3.

Yeah. #3 might not have been that odd in a game further back in the past, but Syndicate is pretty recent. If there was any Lannister action going on, it was probably intentional... :rolleyes:

AjesR9
11-23-2015, 07:40 PM
Likewise, BRAHMAN offered a solid hint who Evie Frye's descendant was.

Could you link to the post or thread? or maybe say who BRAHMAN hinted was Evies Descendant?

Yeah. #3 might not have been that odd in a game further back in the past, but Syndicate is pretty recent. If there was any Lannister action going on, it was probably intentional... :rolleyes:

Yeah, the fact that we are to to rather moderne/recent/current time, is also why I see my 3. explanation as the least likely.

VestigialLlama4
11-23-2015, 08:04 PM
Could you link to the post or thread? or maybe say who BRAHMAN hinted was Evies Descendant?

Well the comic Brahman deals with the descendant of Arbaaz Mir and Pyara Kaur. Syndicate's database states that Henry Green is the son of Arbaaz Mir.

His romance with Evie. The Side Mission of Pressed Flowers, her open opposition of the British Empire, the final entry in her notebook stating she will go to India, implies that she and Henry would marry and her children would be involved in India. So her eventual present day descendant is the MD protagonist of Brahman and its noted explicitly that that person uploaded her memories via Abstergo's Cloud Server and agents come and track that person. I am being cryptic because I don't want to spoil that comic book. And that comic book is confirmed as canon as of ROGUE's MD, there are audio files describing the events.

HDinHB
11-23-2015, 08:08 PM

So, Evie agreed to marry Henry Green, the son of Arbaaz Mir, who was an ancestor of http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Monima_Das

Yeah, the fact that we are to to rather moderne/recent/current time, is also why I see my 3. explanation as the least likely.

3 is more likely than 2, since there's no evidence of a mechanism for a person's memories to be imprinted on a sibling's DNA. Marrying a cousin isn't unheard of (in the UK 0.4% of marriages are between second cousins or closer), and it gets much less creepy as you get to third, fourth, or fifth cousins.

AjesR9
11-23-2015, 08:35 PM
Well the comic Brahman deals with the descendant of Arbaaz Mir and Pyara Kaur. Syndicate's database states that Henry Green is the son of Arbaaz Mir.

His romance with Evie. The Side Mission of Pressed Flowers, her open opposition of the British Empire, the final entry in her notebook stating she will go to India, implies that she and Henry would marry and her children would be involved in India. So her eventual present day descendant is the MD protagonist of Brahman and its noted explicitly that that person uploaded her memories via Abstergo's Cloud Server and agents come and track that person. I am being cryptic because I don't want to spoil that comic book. And that comic book is confirmed as canon as of ROGUE's MD, there are audio files describing the events.

So, Evie agreed to marry Henry Green, the son of Arbaaz Mir, who was an ancestor of http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Monima_Das

Thanks for the info about Evies descendant. :)

m4r-k7
11-23-2015, 10:19 PM
The thing I don't understand is why is it US the player? Why can't it be Bishop / Shaun etc who delve into the memories if anyone can access them?

HDinHB
11-23-2015, 10:36 PM
They don't want to suffer the side effects. RHIP

VestigialLlama4
11-23-2015, 10:43 PM
The thing I don't understand is why is it US the player? Why can't it be Bishop / Shaun etc who delve into the memories if anyone can access them?

Because they have other things to do. Shaun and Rebecca are doing a bunch of things in the MD world. Shaun does fieldwork, Bishop handles multiple networks, Rebecca is constantly upgrading technology and hiding the Assassins from Abstergo trackers. They don't have time to actually sequence the memories themselves.

The Assassins are using the Initiates to recruit new people into the ranks. They want you to learn and train and absorb the experience and knowledge.

cawatrooper9
11-23-2015, 11:12 PM
Because they have other things to do. Shaun and Rebecca are doing a bunch of things in the MD world. Shaun does fieldwork, Bishop handles multiple networks, Rebecca is constantly upgrading technology and hiding the Assassins from Abstergo trackers. They don't have time to actually sequence the memories themselves.

The Assassins are using the Initiates to recruit new people into the ranks. They want you to learn and train and absorb the experience and knowledge.

True. With Rogue, though, it was obvious you were playing the same character as Black Flag, even though you were faceless and voiceless. With this game, I'm not necessarily sure that's the case. Even if there are references to Unity (I think there might be at least one), it's possible Bishop had multiple people working on that project to ensure its success (especially given how many people were stuck in Paris rifts). As far as we know, the ACS MD protagonist might not be the same as the ACU one.

ze_topazio
11-24-2015, 12:09 AM
In the early stages of Rogue Melanie and Violet make fairly clear that Rogue's flying tablet is not the same flying tablet from AC4.

m4r-k7
11-24-2015, 12:19 AM

Hm, interesting..thanks for the info.

RzaRecta357
11-24-2015, 02:59 AM
In the early stages of Rogue Melanie and Violet make fairly clear that Rogue's flying tablet is not the same flying tablet from AC4.

This.

cawatrooper9
11-24-2015, 04:13 PM
This.
Really? Interesting. I must've missed that, I thought from what they'd been talking about that it was very clear.
What did they say regarding this?

ze_topazio
11-24-2015, 04:30 PM
I don't remember the exact conversation but it was something like:

Mel: We had a promising flying tablet last year but eventually things didn't work out and said flying tablet no longer works for us, I hope you are better.

cawatrooper9
11-24-2015, 04:36 PM
I don't remember the exact conversation but it was something like:

Mel: We had a promising flying tablet last year but eventually things didn't work out and said flying tablet no longer works for us, I hope you are better.

Interesting. I wonder why they'd make the change, it seemed as if things ended up rather well for FT1 at the end of Black Flag... unless it was a character currently in the games now, like Bishop (which would be kind of silly).

Anyway, we're getting way off topic here...

AjesR9
11-25-2015, 09:29 PM
I was also thinking that to complete a persons(ancestor or the likes) memory you need to work through the memories in sequences, but that doesn't explain why we need to play as both Evie and Jacob, which means we should be able to complete Jacobs or Evies memories seperate from the other.

To complete/Fully Synchronize Altairs memories, we had to play through his memories. To complete/Fully Synchronize Ezios memories, we had to play through his memories. To complete/Fully Synchronize Connors memories, we had to play through his memories. To complete/Fully Synchronize Edwards memories, we had to play through his memories. To complete/Fully Synchronize Shays memories, we had to play through his memories. To complete Arnos memories, we had to play through his memories. But to weirdly to actually complete Evies or Jacobs memories, we actually get forced to play through both their memories.

Considering how the animus has worked this far, it should be possible to complete/Fully Synchronize Jacobs memories without having to play through any of Evies memories. And likewise, it should be possible to complete/Fully Synchronize Evies memories without having to play through any of Evies memories. Jacob and Evie are separate people, so their memories should be able to be fully synchronized separately. So that again gives a problem, since if clearly following the rules of how the animus and/or Helix works, you should be able to only complete or follow one of the twins, and still learn the location of the shroud. So basically in AC: Syndicate to Fully Synchronize one persons memories, you also have to play/work through another persons memories, which doesn't seem completely right/correct.