PDA

View Full Version : The Loading Screen bug: discovery of possible usefulness...

D.I.D.
11-23-2015, 04:42 AM
[MODS - SORRY! I hit "New Post" when I was in the wrong tab, thought I was on AC Technical; can you move it there, please? Thanks!]

I don't know if this will help anyone reading to figure out the cause, but here goes.

The Loading bug has been plaguing a lot of people. I only had it a couple of times, until a particularly nasty version of it just hit me at the end of Seq 7 "Driving Ms. Disraeli". The thugs approach the coach, and Jacob has to drive her home. We never make it because the screen fades to black at the end of her conversation.

The bug gives you a black screen with the circling indicator. Here's something strange though: not only is it not loading, the game is still running behind it.

I noticed this because one thing that seemed to work involved holding down Back and Start simultaneously on my controller until I got a green flash and then the menus. Then I'd flip a page or two, resume, and the game would work again. This time, that's not working. Holding down Back alone gets me the menu that's normally under Start, but resuming goes back to the Loading screen. Holding Start and then holding Back will sometimes get me the Map menu, but most times the map itself won't be there and it seems to be temperamental about whether this does anything at all.

Here's the odd thing, though - instead of the green flash for a split second before the menu, I'd see my game with Jacob stood in front of two police officers guarding the door of 10 Downing Street. When trying the direction and face buttons on the Loading screen, I felt some rumbles. One of my attempts to bring up the menus showed me a new shot of the game, with the police officers in combat with Jacob. Apparently my face button presses had shot at them (presumably a Y Quickshot), and the rumbles were their strikes on me. Soon it was a constant purr of rumbles, and the "Press UP to use medicine" prompt appeared on the Loading screen (I then realised this rumble was the normal "you're about to die" rumble). The DESYNCHRONISED message appeared, because they'd killed me.

So I Ctrl-Alt-Del'd out, and tried again. The game put me at the same point with the thugs, and the same bug happened. This time, I used the flashes of game to prove conclusively it was running, and I turned Jacob around, LB'd when I was close to a wall, and the next flash showed me on the roof. The game is running perfectly fine, in normal time, behind that black screen.

Mr_Shade
11-23-2015, 01:18 PM
Thanks for the update.

Simplist thing to do so far, is just repeat the mission and speed up your travel so you hit the check point before they stop talking :)

We are validating this workaround - however appears to work :)