PDA

View Full Version : Infinite Loading Screen...

MP_Palma
11-22-2015, 11:07 PM
Sorry for the long post, TL;DR available at the bottom...Haven't seen this bug reported anywhere else.

So, basically, the game is unplayable for me right now. I get stuck at an infinite loading screen immediately following the first two missions where Evie and Jacob set off for London. The terrible auto save system doesn't help because when I reboot the game, it loads me up into the same loading screen straight away.

I've tried all the fixes I can find and think of: disabling MFAA, restarting the game, lowering all graphical settings to the minimum, removing the intro videos, deleting my save and starting over. No matter what I do, I get stuck at the exact same loading screen.I've reported the problem through the "my questions" form and am awaiting a response, but I was hoping someone here could help me out with this. Has anyone else experienced this? Does anyone know of a possible fix?

As of right now I'm just considering requesting a refund. I waited to purchase this game because of the Unity debacle, but I read some reviews claiming that most of the issues from Unity were resolved. The kicker is that I'm actually having MORE problems with this game than I did with Unity. Aside from the poor optimization, I was actually able to PLAY Unity.

As of right now, Syndicate is completely unplayable and I'm seriously considering giving up on Ubisoft, refunding the game, and never looking back. Any help would be appreciated.

TL;DR: No matter what I do, Syndicate gets stuck at an infinite loading screen after the first two intro missions.

Edit:
Win 7 64
Core i7 3770k 3.5GHz
12GB RAM
GTX 970 4GB

Edit 2:
And yes, I've updated to the latest Nvidia drivers, and the game has the latest patch. Also, I'm attempting to verify the game cache as I type this.

Edit 3:
Good news! Feel kinda dumb that I didn't try verifying the game cache first, but that fixed the loading issue for me. Ah well, at least other people will be able to see this if they are having a similar issue.

UPlay > Games > ACS > Properties > Verify files.

UbiSmarmy
11-22-2015, 11:30 PM
Sorry you aren't able to get into the game MP_Palma. Hopefully verifying the game files has resolved the issue, If you're still getting stuck in the loading screen then the next step I would suggest would be a complete reinstall of the game. Ubisoft Support knows their stuff so they should be able to help you with the issue with more in-depth support.

jordon234
11-22-2015, 11:50 PM
i have been having the same problem but my loading screen is when i first start the game
i have tried everything you said and it still dose not work

za92ch03
11-23-2015, 12:18 AM
I know what I'm posting doesn't help, but maybe having multiple people having the same problem will expedite the fix.

I'm having an issue with the "Driving Mrs. Disraeli" mission in Sequene 7, memory 3. Every time I'm about to drive her back to the Prime Minister, then game basically freezes on the load screen. No matter where I'm at too. Jacob and Mrs. Disraeli finish their dialogue, the game fades to black as if I've arrived to the destination I was supposed to be going to and acts like it's loading the next scene, but it just stays there and I have to force quit through the CNTL+ALT+Delete function on my computer. I'm not deleting my save since I'm so far into the game and put in about 26 hours already. I've tried taking different routes to the destination and going as fast as I can so I can reach the destination before they finish their dialogue but couldn't do that. I even stayed where I first got into the cart to drive her back and didn't move while they talked, and once Jacob says, "Don't worry, I'll be very discreet.", it fades to black and stays there, just like every other time. I also posted a question form and am awaiting the response. Hopefully a patch gets put out soon.
I can't continue game play because I can' t exit the memory, only restart it, and if I desynchronize, then it just starts me at my last checkpoint, so right now, I'm stuck in a loop. Any help with this would be much appreciated.

PBR_FreeDoo
11-23-2015, 01:16 AM
"Driving Mrs. Disraeli" mission in Sequence 7, memory 3.

I got endless loading after driving her home at the point where 3-4 guys start chasing you when you're about to hop in to the carriage. I can't get past that point now. tried everything but reinstall the game. during that loadingscreen i can access the menus by pressing the F# keys. as soon as i exit the menus i see a glimpse of my character standing around and people walking by and then it fades to black and the loading circle appear. and i can go back into the menu when ever i want. i'm just stuck with that loadingscreen.

EDIT: I restarted from last checkpoint and got to the destination before they got to finish their conversation and i got past the loading screen bug. Yay! i can continue playing now.

Banballow
11-23-2015, 01:18 AM
Planning to have a go at Kaylock. I talk to Greene, who tells me to "... Gather your allies.", then I end up with a spinning Save Symbol, and a Tutorial Skill Upgrades screen. I can hit A to go to the Upgrade Menu, but when I back out, it's right back to Loading... :(

Running on an i5 Alienware Alpha, if that makes any difference, with the Game Ready Driver in place.

Edit: Video...
https://youtu.be/vEVl4Plop8o
... verified the game files already, nothing. All lowest settings, 720p.

SASS-1905
11-23-2015, 02:17 AM
EDIT: I restarted from last checkpoint and got to the destination before they got to finish their conversation and i got past the loading screen bug. Yay! i can continue playing now.

Thanks, this was a great help. Managed to get to the destination in time.
Cheers.
:)

MP_Palma
11-23-2015, 04:06 AM
Good news! Feel kinda dumb that I didn't try verifying the game cache first, but that fixed the loading issue for me. Ah well, at least other people will be able to see this if they are having a similar issue.

UPlay > Games > ACS > Properties > Verify files.