PDA

View Full Version : On Cockpit View, License Plates & Misc.

DawginTow1
11-22-2015, 06:22 AM
Noticed "speed distortion" effect is gone from cockpit, happy camper :cool: (just nitro push back/shake effect, which is fine). It's a bit darker in there than I remember, but rear/side mirrors showing something is appreciated; no longer as big a distraction, can accept the effect & get down to driving. & Is dashboard now accurate?

Big Merci Beaucoup for freeing up common license plates! \0/ I can finally buy every State; ones I hadn't acquired finally show up on cars I hadn't bought yet. Sum I'd never even seen b4 as common plates: Texas, Wyoming, Washington, few more. I just have 1 more plate to go, Virginia, & I'll have every State's plate in either common or award form.

Strange, I'm hardly an ocd completionist-type (could care less about plat trophies or badges/cheevos), but I just reeaally wanted all those plates, no idea why :p Now, besides Virginia, personal overall goal of getting the US plate by July 4; 50k overtakes, @60%, very slow going, much grind :nonchalance:

Oh, & sidenote, noticed Perf '10 Camaro is no longer a "whistler/wheezer", for which I am grateful. Tho I'm avoiding switching cars in garage like the plague, cuz doing so can make all cars thereafter sound like they're in tunnels :confused: (@ least for the rest of that play session)

P.S. How about options for what plates say? I can understand not permitting personalization, cuz of potentially offensive stuff (cuz we humans r so sweet like thatYOMOMMASOFAT). But what about a list of options we can choose from?

Sum can b State-specific, like "B1G4PP73" or "M4H470/K4HUN4", while others can b general, used for any State ("0UTD4W4Y" ;)) This way, u can rectify what I feel is a horrible mistake: R3DS0X for Illinois. I cracked up so hard at this, but I can easily imagine this didn't sit too well w/ sum Cubs or particularly WHITE SOX fans. Picture Zlatan Messi as GK for Paris Saint Leverkusen...

Ty in advance for thoughtful consideration :)

Paragleiber
11-22-2015, 02:41 PM
Big Merci Beaucoup for freeing up common license plates! \0/ I can finally buy every State; ones I hadn't acquired finally show up on cars I hadn't bought yet. Sum I'd never even seen b4 as common plates: Texas, Wyoming, Washington, few more. I just have 1 more plate to go, Virginia, & I'll have every State's plate in either common or award form.

So how many common plates do you have now? I made sure to only buy the new vehicles when they had missing ones but I am still only at 38 because I didn't know about this whole issue yet in the original game and probably bought many duplicates there. I still have 2 bikes left to buy now but I know that I am still missing more common plates than that, so it looks like I won't be able to complete them unless they add even more cars to buy at the dealer in the future. :/

These are the commons that I have now:

Arizona ASC19216
Arkansas 5142FPMG
California COSMOS70
Colorado FLOR1706
Connecticut 2854CRET
Delaware 73126025
Florida K1NGPOLO
Georgia HGXR2125
Idaho 1YHT1706
Illinois G3483440
Indiana 2214TANS
Iowa 1807RCQS
Kansas 6045ADUH
Kentucky 5479KPER
Louisiana OITM6435
Maine 7687PGRK
Massachusetts 4325EY45
Michigan BCXZ2341
Minnesota 8457CTCF
Mississippi TADF8564
Missouri FC64B1RT
Montana 609241AE
Nebraska 5D277268
New Hampshire 27587814
New Jersey ZWTL69XV
New Mexico LLYU4417
New York BENB2906
North Carolina WYFP8754
Ohio FARC3605
Oklahoma 3079BELL
Pensylvania HCVJ5473
Rhode Island 43959214
South Carolina KLMG4712
Texas CV65Z547
Vermont FGHT5298
Virginia ZZJK7412
West Virginia 5LMS7896
Wisconsin 3214MLKJ

I had the Alaska and Hawaii ones on my loaner car in the Drift Trial multiple times, as if the game was teasing me with them. Never got them at the dealer yet on a vehicle that is still to buy.

For people who are wondering what we are talking about: There are two license plate categories, common and award. Common plates are unlocked when you buy a car at the dealer with that plate. The plates on the dealer cars are constantly rotating. It is possible to buy ones that you already had (duplicates) and if you do that too often there are not enough cars to buy anymore to collect all the plates. Most people probably don't know about this whole thing and bought many duplicates, so they are now missing a lot of plates with no way to ever get them unless more dealer cars are added. If you didn't buy all the new vehicles yet and care about this, then write down all the plates that you have and only buy a vehicle when it has a new one (you can look at the back of the vehicle in demo mode). The plate changes every time you leave the dealer and enter it again.

DawginTow1
11-22-2015, 09:14 PM
I have 43 common plates, w/6 award State plates not covered by common, leaving just the 1 left & 3 unpurchased cars in Miami to work with (increase those odds, I say ;)). Like u, I purchased a few duplicates early on b4 making a concerted effort (yup, wrote them down too, essential :p).

I'm ok w/ not having every common plate, long as every state is repped 1 way or another; tho if we'd had a New Game option, I might b tempted to try for every common plate, cuz there're enuff cars now, whereas at the start there weren't. Then I think of the GRIIIND required to earn all the necessary bux to buy everything, & suddenly I'm very happy & content w/ where I'm at :cool:

Btw, cockpit "speed distortion" still exists to an extent it seems. It's been greatly improved on a lot of cars, to where it's barely noticeable unless ur really looking, so that's cool. Then u drive the Miura...:rolleyes:

DawginTow1
11-23-2015, 07:27 PM
And it's done. All 50 State's plates, either in common or award form, w/ 2 cars left so I can bring common total up to 46 :D

Now all that's left is getting that USA plate...