PDA

View Full Version : First glance on Syndicates Perfomance and quality on PC... Poor - Solution Posted

Daemira8584
11-19-2015, 08:41 AM
Hello Fellows,

please take a look on how the game runs on my Rig.

Currently game is unplayable on my I7 4790K , GTX 980 Ti

I uploaded a video to share my first experience of Assassin's Creed Syndicate on PC

https://youtu.be/EW84X01UhzI

Let me know if you are having the same experience.

Drivers are all up to date.

EDIT (YazX_):

Turn off MFAA in Nvidia Control Panel to fix this issue for now.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1331161-AC-Syndicate-Graphical-Glitches-and-Artifacts-Workaround

Emry1
11-19-2015, 08:43 AM
Having the exact same issues on my 970. :(

Anykeyer
11-19-2015, 08:50 AM
Looks like driver issue. Nvidia is yet to release its "game ready" driver for ACS.

FinalMind
11-19-2015, 08:53 AM
I had the same problem in AC Rogue. Rolling your driver version back one or two times might fix it. It help me with Rogue tremendously.

strigoi1958
11-19-2015, 09:01 AM
I have a 6700k and a 980 ti and 16gb corsair vengeance @3000Mhz and so my rig is similar to the OP and it is running superbly well... absolutely loving it. I do have a 355 driver not the latest... I am waiting for the game ready driver before updating.

FinalMind
11-19-2015, 09:07 AM
Yes, I'd suggest rolling your driver back to a previous version and wait for Nvidia to pull their something out of their something and release the AC Syndicate ready driver ;)

Shaftex
11-19-2015, 09:10 AM
Not sure why folks are having issues playing the game. I have it running at maximum settings (minus PCSS/TXAA) and I'm getting a solid 60 frames at 1080p 60hz with Vsync ON, occasionally dipping down to 50-55 but no less. Made it past sequence 2 & ran around London a bit, the game looks & feels phenomenal. A few minor bugs here & there, but nothing annoying. Hopefully any patches that come out don't screw things up for me.

As for other folks having issues, I suggest uninstalling NVidea drivers completely, including deleting any leftover files in the registry. Then reinstall fresh drivers again.

Assnfiks
11-19-2015, 09:14 AM
I have the same flickiering issue here. 980ti sli. Unplayable at the times, cant see **** because of this glitch. Tried newest drivers, then rolled back, still nothing. Waiting for the new ones. Im glad im not alone :D

Daemira8584
11-19-2015, 09:18 AM
Not sure why folks are having issues playing the game. I have it running at maximum settings (minus PCSS/TXAA) and I'm getting a solid 60 frames at 1080p 60hz with Vsync ON, occasionally dipping down to 50-55 but no less. Made it past sequence 2 & ran around London a bit, the game looks & feels phenomenal. A few minor bugs here & there, but nothing annoying. Hopefully any patches that come out don't screw things up for me.

As for other folks having issues, I suggest uninstalling NVidea drivers completely, including deleting any leftover files in the registry. Then reinstall fresh drivers again.

Wish I had an answer bro.

I will try to deinstall all drivers and reinstall then report again. I will be using Display Driver Uninstaller to do so.

Assnfiks
11-19-2015, 09:23 AM
Great, SLI is not working also. Im getting the same fps with and without Sli.

blackroseMD1
11-19-2015, 09:30 AM
I'm not having any issues like that. I'm running the latest Nvidia drivers with an FX-8350, two 970s (SLI doesn't appear to be working) and 16 GB of RAM. The game is running almost perfectly for me. I do have random frame drops to about 35 now and then, but they usually only last a second or two.

Assnfiks
11-19-2015, 09:33 AM
Patch is now downloading from Uplay for me. Hope sli works with this.
EDIT: Sli still not working, HBAO performance imporoved a bit

YazX_
11-19-2015, 09:49 AM
For anyone having this issue, Turn off MFAA in Nvidia Control Panel even if you dont use MSAA in game and the problem will be fixed.

Seems a driver compatibility issue with MFAA and i hope it gets fixed with next Nvidia Driver.

P.S: Edited first post with this workaround and here is a thread on how to do that:

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1331161-AC-Syndicate-Graphical-Glitches-and-Artifacts-Workaround

FinalMind
11-19-2015, 09:52 AM
the only issue I have, is the capes and coats are lagging when ever I move around. It's like they're having "framerate issue for themselves". gets really annoying after a while, but the rest of the game runs smoothly.

DreamAgainXI
11-19-2015, 09:55 AM
I hope I'm wrong but I'm not expecting a driver tomorrow (19th) or anytime this week - if it was coming it would have came on the 18th like all the other game ready drivers do (one day ahead of time).

Which means we probably won't see another driver release until the 30th for R6 Siege + JC3.

Daemira8584
11-19-2015, 10:21 AM
For anyone having this issue, Turn off MFAA in Nvidia Control Panel even if you dont use MSAA in game and the problem will be fixed.

Seems a driver compatibility issue with MFAA and i hope it gets fixed with next Nvidia Driver.

P.S: Edited first post with this workaround and here is a thread on how to do that:

Yep, well done! This fixed my issues till now. Will report If I encounter any other bug . Can we mark this as Solved by then?

YazX_
11-19-2015, 10:25 AM
Yep, well done! This fixed my issues till now. Will report If I encounter any other bug . Can we mark this as Solved by then?

Well i would like to keep it open so people with similar problem can find the solution, it will not harm anyone :) , however i edited the title.

Bigodon
11-19-2015, 10:52 AM
thanks! i will try and see if works
i was about to ask for refund, because i'm really impatience with ubi games and this kind of glitcht crap since unity

YazX_
11-19-2015, 11:01 AM
I'm not having any issues like that. I'm running the latest Nvidia drivers with an FX-8350, two 970s (SLI doesn't appear to be working) and 16 GB of RAM. The game is running almost perfectly for me. I do have random frame drops to about 35 now and then, but they usually only last a second or two.

Patch is now downloading from Uplay for me. Hope sli works with this.
EDIT: Sli still not working, HBAO performance imporoved a bit

i find it really strange that SLI is not working, there is a profile in latest Nvidia driver which is same as Unity, are you sure you have SLI enabled in Nvidia Control Panel?

Here is an image for ACS SLI profile:

http://i.imgur.com/XPIydlI.png?1

DreamAgainXI
11-19-2015, 12:16 PM
I mean SLI might technically be working but my 3 GPU's are only getting 40-50% usage out of each while struggling to get 30 fps with everything maxed... soooooooo SLI scaling is crap if it's indeed working.

YazX_
11-19-2015, 12:41 PM
I mean SLI might technically be working but my 3 GPU's are only getting 40-50% usage out of each while struggling to get 30 fps with everything maxed... soooooooo SLI scaling is crap if it's indeed working.

mmmm i see, Don't forget that Nvidia still hasn't released game ready driver for this game, so its most likely Nvidia SLI scaling problem, hope they release a new driver today.

whats your system specs?

sobaka770
11-19-2015, 12:46 PM
The game runs as I expected on GTX970, I have around 40 FPS with 2XTXAA and PCSS (non-Ultra). Without those it shoots up into 50-60 easily at 1080p. I don't think AC needs 60 FPS to be playable and with these options it looks awesome, especially the crisp textures and great shadowing. Obviously the Nvidia Gameworks stuff destroys the FPS, but the tradeoff is worth it, in my opinon. And that's without the Nvidia optimised driver (where is it by the way?)

AmarStoelwinder
11-19-2015, 01:31 PM
I have a ASUS R9 280 Series amd and the same problem how do i do the work around
pc specs
VIDEO CARD
Minimum: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 or AMD Radeon R9 270 (2GB VRAM with Shader Model 5.0)
You Have: ASUS R9 280 Series
Video Card
ASUS R9 280 Series
93rd percentile
Features: Minimum attributes of your Video Card
Required You Have
Icon Pixel Shader version 5.0 5.0
Icon Vertex Shader version 5.0 5.0
Icon Dedicated Video RAM 2 GB 3.1 GB
CPU CPU
Minimum: Intel Core i5 2400s @ 2.5 GHz or AMD FX 6350 @ 3.9 GHz
You Have: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz
CPU Click here for the latest CPU drivers.
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz
95th percentile
CPU Speed CPU SPEED
Minimum: Info
You Have: 3.4 GHz
RAM RAM
Minimum: 6 GB
You Have: 8.2 GB
OS OS
Minimum: Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8.1, Windows 10(64bit versions)
You Have: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit
Windows Click here for the latest Windows drivers.
Free Disk Space FREE DISK SPACE
Minimum: 50 GB
You Have: 1.3 TB
Free Disk Space Click here for the latest Free Disk Space drivers.
Sound Card SOUND CARD
Minimum: Yes
You Have: AMD High Definition Audio Device
or do have i a another problem?

ydnartitcomb
11-19-2015, 02:20 PM
Hi, one thing that happened to me at the options menu, when I was looking at the graphics I saw that the settings needed changing. I saw at the bottom of the screen you could press R to have the game automatically set the settings according to your graphics card. When I chose this the game crashed to the desktop, but when I tried to close out uplay it said the game was still running, even though I could not see it or access it. When I force quit uplay and tried to restart, uplay started but still said the game was running. I had to reboot the computer to get the game out of memory. Once the computer was back to the desktop, I ran uplay and the game went to options graphics card settings, and my changes had been done and saved, so somehow the crash made the screen disappear, but the game was actually running. Just trying to give as much information as possible for the people who will fix this. Great game so far,having fun. In case you needed to know cpu i7 920, 12gb ram, Geforce GTX 970

D.I.D.
11-19-2015, 04:51 PM
Windows 10 on SSD, games library on another SSD, GTX 770 OC 4GB.

Ran beautifully last night at 1080p on High, 60FPS (and whoever said this game is no better than Unity in graphical terms is deluded). At 1440p, the game suggested Medium for my card and that looked pretty great too. I was too keen to play the game on the crudest balance of settings to performance as long as I got my 60FPS, but I'll experiment more today. I had tons of spare memory according to the reader, so in theory I should be able to push AA and textures quite a bit (although handling those textures might be more of a strain than I'd hope).

This was pre-Game Ready Driver, so I'll try that now and see what's improved.