PDA

View Full Version : Why is highway child now so difficult?

Faxy247
11-18-2015, 08:25 PM
So I wanted to get a bit more money to get a bike, so I play Highway Child with a bentley. I find that it was quite slow and couldn't keep up so I then switched to an Alfa.

10 mins into the race and aaron, an AI driving another alfa, passes me. next thing I know is that hes 30 seconds in front and increasing the gap! I don't know why this suddenly happens, but I bet its because that no AI cars spawn past 1 mile, so the racer would have clear roads. Ubisoft please fix this, make the AI go a bit slower if its over 1 mile away, otherwise its impossible, unless your amazing at driving!

Bo_Hazem
11-18-2015, 08:29 PM
It's too hard even with my 1299 car, and I'm good at this game. PVP can't be this tough. I think AI is superior now.

baddog993
11-19-2015, 10:14 AM
Yeah the AI is now broken stick with races without AI for now. The AI clearly cheat you can watch them on the track. They collide with everything and never slow down. Its a broken mess.

Trumsi
11-22-2015, 12:50 PM
Seems pretty balanced to me, just did 1 race with my lvl 1299 Mercedes-Benz SL 63 AMG. Actually feels more like race now, when AI actually can keep up with you. Not like before update, where after couple checkpoints, player had 1 minute or more lead (which made races pretty boring against AI). And itīs not like, AI is too strong, they still make mistakes, which letīs you catch them or keep ahead of them. It might be harded if your car canīt reach 400km/h, but definitely not impossible.

zopht
11-22-2015, 01:58 PM
The AI should get prgressivly better as ones car increses in perf lvl, right? That way driving always is challenging and fun. i think they got the balance a bit off after the upgrade.

I am in the process of tuning my new Ruf and havent been able to win a single faction mission i tried. Yet, I score platinum on many story missions with the same car. This faction AI seems to hit below platinum cars the hardest.

baddog993
11-23-2015, 10:22 PM
Yeah its still a busted mess. Now if you have a slightly higher spec car then them they breeze by your car with super speed. Spec numbers do not matter for the Ai car. I just did a faction mission with a lower spec car and won the race by 3 seconds. Tried the same race with a higher spec car and lost the race because he was faster in a lower specd car. Ivory Towers fix your Ai. Sheeez it should not take this long to fix something this trivial.

ItsMeYall
11-23-2015, 10:58 PM
The AI should get prgressivly better as ones car increses in perf lvl, right? That way driving always is challenging and fun. i think they got the balance a bit off after the upgrade.

I am in the process of tuning my new Ruf and havent been able to win a single faction mission i tried. Yet, I score platinum on many story missions with the same car. This faction AI seems to hit below platinum cars the hardest.

Before hand it was if the A.I always had Level 500 Perf & Circuit Specs. They couldn't even break 180mph. They now perform as if they have a car within the same capabilities as yours. Honestly they could still stand to be tougher. Because when myself & friends get slightly serious they get dusted at times.

Edit: THANK YOU IVORY FOR FIXING THIS!!!

SuddenFool
11-24-2015, 04:24 AM
Yeah the AI is now broken stick with races without AI for now. The AI clearly cheat you can watch them on the track. They collide with everything and never slow down. Its a broken mess.

its the AI we had in the early stages of TC which got patched about 3 months after launch and now they are cheating sons of jerks again driving outside the laws of physics.

ItsMeYall
11-24-2015, 07:21 AM
... So I did this mission to see if the A.I was a challenge to race against again... Here are my results anyway. I did this about 4 or 5 hours ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MZ745ij5l0&ab_channel=Sethnotasithsr

I crashed 20-30 times in this race. This was my FIRST race of the day as well, No retries.

Edit: Note I was in First 99% of the race. The A.I is Broken alright. (It is better than what it was a few weeks ago, in Ivory's Defense)

My Conclusion: You guys are either A. Over Reacting to the A.I being able to drive a car. B. Must be Half Asleep when you go into these Missions. C. Don't Realize this is END GAME CONTENT! End Game is not supposed to be easy. That's why the game chucks $176k at you for finishing.

ItsMeYall
11-24-2015, 07:23 AM
It's too hard even with my 1299 car, and I'm good at this game. PVP can't be this tough. I think AI is superior now.

.... You know their Vehicles actually SCALE with you right?

The game says it before you start the mission.

The Levels next to their names tell you this.

Ant_Ra
11-24-2015, 08:43 AM
Nice vid.. buuut... where is the dense traffic we all know at this track? Glitching away to have a free track? If i do a run at highway child it looks very different. Rush hour traffic, especially at the first 5 and last 5 minutes. Whatever ingame day/nighttime is.
I am coming from PC and i am not sure if there is a discrepancy between console and pc in traffics behaviour. If there is no discrepancy then you have done something to simplify the mess, sorry mate

ItsMeYall
11-24-2015, 09:41 PM
I cut the recording there, you wouldn't of sat down and watched me race a full 58 minutes. I ran into the dense Traffic areas your speaking of, but it didn't matter because I was alone in first. So I just road the white dashed line.

Edit: Also the Video is only 5:36 minutes... You never see the first 5 minute mark or the last 5 minute mark.

D2Dahaka
11-25-2015, 12:36 AM
The rubber banding AI is too much. Sadly, The Crew isn't the only racing game guilty of having bad rubber banding. It's too much when the player is punished for being good at the game.

Peenkycat
11-27-2015, 04:23 PM
Also note: You have only to finish in the Top 3 to complete the mission and receive the reward; and there are only four participants including you!

Jackrabbit_V6
11-28-2015, 10:47 PM
the AI in Highway Child is broken... the first 2 AI guys are almost always at topspeed, wall grinding doesnt slow them down... if you are very lucky, one of them crashes into something and gets stuck... but as long as they drive "clean", you can barely keep up with them ((did it with a 1050 BMW 1000RR... i couldnt even reach their speeds...at TOPspeed (about 360km/h) they still got further and further away))

and no @ItsMeYall... they SHOULD scale, but they actually dont properly... in some other races youīll have a hard time in a 900 car, while in a 1200+ itīs a piece of cake... play "coast to coast" in a 900 and a 1200+ and youīll see...

baddog993
11-28-2015, 11:42 PM
Yeah I would agree with that. Most people who are having a cake walk are driving in max cars. Try it on a lower spec car. The Ai is now borked on a lot of faction missions. raid missions still to be sane and easy enough to win at. Circuit and Pef. are now crazy hard to win at most of the time.

Martellus.
11-30-2015, 11:32 PM
Well i did notice that the AI seems to not use brakes on turns that absolutely requires them. I've been playing the race Slip and Slide earlier and they just don't slow down on turns where i needed to slow down lest i slide off the road. Tried this with multiple cars. The Huayra, the Ferrari 458, TVR Sagaris. I did win though, but it was strange how they take the turns in that race.

ID4HO
12-01-2015, 10:29 PM
according to the title: it is not, the AI is made more sharper now since the update ...

and, i cant really understand why the gaming industry in general tries to pull a nosering into us and pull the lines, IT WILL NOT FUNCTION !!!!

gcustoms
12-02-2015, 01:35 AM
I like it, no more just mashing the "I win" button and finishing 1st.

CPY-6six6
12-04-2015, 07:26 PM
Once they are 800m in front of you it's instant GG. This new ai sux balls, i miss the old one.
One more thing, cars from season pass are absolute worthless piece of crap. What gives?

Super9992014
12-11-2015, 04:47 PM
Finally somebody has said this, because I don't have this problem with the AI no more! like I said in the stupid cheating AI topic, before this update, I hated the AI because it was too easy! even with them being near the same lvl as you they still get dusted. So now with this update I love the challenge the game it gives now, makes me a better player. And like I said in the other topic, just crappy players playing the game.

Trumsi
12-11-2015, 05:31 PM
Earlier before this latest update, it was just too easy. But now, well they scaled it up to impossible. Just one mistake and itīs GG. In Highway Child, which i like to play most, AI is just too broken. AI is wall riding, crashing into cars, driving offroad and through mid road lamp posts. While doing so, their car speed doesnīt decrease at all. And we are not even speaking about 90 degree corners here, where AI simply cuts corners at such speeds which if you try same you would fail miserably.

Bo_Hazem
12-12-2015, 12:43 AM
Earlier before this latest update, it was just too easy. But now, well they scaled it up to impossible. Just one mistake and itīs GG. In Highway Child, which i like to play most, AI is just too broken. AI is wall riding, crashing into cars, driving offroad and through mid road lamp posts. While doing so, their car speed doesnīt decrease at all. And we are not even speaking about 90 degree corners here, where AI simply cuts corners at such speeds which if you try same you would fail miserably.

Yup, like with muscle cars that will never cut the corners at high speed! But AI make it look too easy :(

Crab..
12-12-2015, 01:53 AM
Definitely, this race is not hard.

After long time I tried 2 times today.

1. Alfa Romeo 8c, level 1299 my best setup. I made lot of mistakes, crashes and 2 times I must respawn my car to track. I won with more than 30s and was first 98%.
2. I tried Bentley Continental, level 749 (all bronze level 40). Other racers decrease their level to 740 from 1280, not too many mistakes, only 1 time I must respawn to track, I won again with more than 30s (83% on first place).

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/389923270497992571/73EB7EE9AC17D469F9BB502EDA735340FB627484/

It looks like better challenge and more fun racing for me.

I like it and must say, thank you. Do not change it, please.

EL_79
12-12-2015, 02:23 AM
that is probably worse way to make cash in this game, play Point of No return, with fast car you can get 8k in under 3 minures, that's 160k in 1 hour without any stress
that mission will take at least an hour and crap load of crashes

Bo_Hazem
12-12-2015, 09:48 AM
that is probably worse way to make cash in this game, play Point of No return, with fast car you can get 8k in under 3 minures, that's 160k in 1 hour without any stress
that mission will take at least an hour and crap load of crashes

If you want faster money gain, play PvP with fully upgraded cars. When they have nothing to upgrade your car they'll give you a double paycheck, which means between 24-36k each race/event! That also goes with the faction missions.

The meaning is this guy got 176,000 Bucks after 1.5h, it'll be 352,000 if he used a car that has all the performance and visual parts! Actually it's 372,073 Bucks with the bonuses :) I'll give it a try maybe now.

So it's good to grind everything first for the car before using it in a race for double cash ^_^

EL_79
12-12-2015, 06:52 PM
yeah but you have to play pvp and i hate that, it's mostly glitch fest and corner cutting, plus it's too easy, you don't even need to win, last place almost same payout as the first, what a joke

meh i did that one just now and ai barely caught up with me once or twice at the start and i went of the course several times, finished with 30 sec's difference
so yeah OP you just suck, badly, the alfa 8c ai never reached 220mph and my bike is maxed out

http://i.imgur.com/JFAIPn9.jpg

Bo_Hazem
12-12-2015, 09:21 PM
yeah but you have to play pvp and i hate that, it's mostly glitch fest and corner cutting, plus it's too easy, you don't even need to win, last place almost same payout as the first, what a joke

meh i did that one just now and ai barely caught up with me once or twice at the start and i went of the course several times, finished with 30 sec's difference
so yeah OP you just suck, badly, the alfa 8c ai never reached 220mph and my bike is maxed out

http://i.imgur.com/JFAIPn9.jpg

He doesn't suck, but the devs have changed that without letting us know, like what they did to the smart loot.

BMfan
12-12-2015, 11:15 PM
Definitely, this race is not hard.

After long time I tried 2 times today.

1. Alfa Romeo 8c, level 1299 my best setup. I made lot of mistakes, crashes and 2 times I must respawn my car to track. I won with more than 30s and was first 98%.
2. I tried Bentley Continental, level 749 (all bronze level 40). Other racers decrease their level to 740 from 1280, not too many mistakes, only 1 time I must respawn to track, I won again with more than 30s (83% on first place).

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/389923270497992571/73EB7EE9AC17D469F9BB502EDA735340FB627484/

It looks like better challenge and more fun racing for me.

I like it and must say, thank you. Do not change it, please.

I would love to know how you beat them and still taking 65 minutes to complete the race.
The 1st race i did since the update I finished in 3rd but i only finished 3rd because the guy that was in 1st missed a checkpoint.
I finished the race by 67 minutes(which is a bit slower than i used to do)http://i68.tinypic.com/2qamzpd.png
1st and 2nd were about 20km's ahead and the guy that was in 4th was 31 km's ahead of me and i have the screenshot to prove.
http://i63.tinypic.com/5mfply.png

I've tried with a couple cars and a new BMW bike but by the half point they were anywhere from 8km to 15km's in the lead.
I used to enjoy this race,was a great way to make money so you didn't have to give in to a company's greed and if i didn't need money i would race it just to try and do a quicker time.

EL_79
12-13-2015, 01:03 AM
you just slow, finished with Diavel @61 minutes and actually went of road couple of times, btw it was my first try like since i got the game, that be a year ago

Bo_Hazem
12-13-2015, 11:40 AM
There is a faction mission found in the Bonneville, I don't read their names. With a skyline I win with a gap of like 12-13 seconds in around 2:52 minutes, with the extra cash it's like 16-17k. Too easy to be honest. I don't like playing 1+ hour anymore after been kicked out of the server after 2+ hours race!!! Not a pleasant ending. It can match the 62-65 min race money anyway if you do it repeatedly.

Still, the Highway Child is more moderate to play but not that tour race.

ArcticGamez
12-13-2015, 12:10 PM
i can beat highway child in 52mins on my superleggera 56mins on the BMW/Ninja bikes to me the AI is still stupidly easy

EL_79
12-13-2015, 12:47 PM
not to mention time outs, i played some faction mission alone after about 30 minutes went to take a piss and game logged me out due to time out, i mean it's a single player how the hell does it even count as being online, guess they don't really care if and forget that we are humans and have simple needs

Bo_Hazem
12-13-2015, 12:48 PM
i can beat highway child in 52mins on my superleggera 56mins on the BMW/Ninja bikes to me the AI is still stupidly easy

I think they changed it earlier with the smart loot, that's why it's too easy again. I think I've played this race once and finished it in around 55mins. 170 bucks + 170 Bucks bonus sounds tasty though but I nearly have 80% of the cars in the game already.

ArcticGamez
12-13-2015, 03:12 PM
i can do better then this but this ferrari 458 sucks with its very loose steering was crashing to many times.
im just missing 9 drift cars and i pretty much will have all cars/specs again
http://i.imgur.com/ZncuoU2.png
http://i.imgur.com/quGBnpQ.png

Bo_Hazem
12-13-2015, 04:28 PM
i can do better then this but this ferrari 458 sucks with its very loose steering was crashing to many times.
im just missing 9 drift cars and i pretty much will have all cars/specs again

As long as you get the price, no worries :)

I think you're more into grip than drift when racing, or it's a matter of style and preference. It's interesting that how I find the Gallardo not as useful as the skyline and 458 and see the 458 as the best in terms of steering yet you experience the opposite.

Crab..
12-13-2015, 06:49 PM
Another try with Ferrari 458, level 1299, all grip parts.

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/389923270505255578/F1D432D53524560E5C2D7C3AD012E2FF311F0700/

ID4HO
12-13-2015, 07:39 PM
So I wanted to get a bit more money to get a bike, so I play Highway Child with a bentley. I find that it was quite slow and couldn't keep up so I then switched to an Alfa.

10 mins into the race and aaron, an AI driving another alfa, passes me. next thing I know is that hes 30 seconds in front and increasing the gap! I don't know why this suddenly happens, but I bet its because that no AI cars spawn past 1 mile, so the racer would have clear roads. Ubisoft please fix this, make the AI go a bit slower if its over 1 mile away, otherwise its impossible, unless your amazing at driving!

kick the AI-cheatercars a few times off the street, its worth ... they come down for a while and you have time to build up some distance

yeah, its strange, you need to drive fully on the edge of the possibillities or highway-child is as so many tracks after the update pure crap and too much exhausting ))))

start pulling the ai-cars off the street, the only way, means RAM them ... but be careful :cool:

or let them run into traffic, use tricks to slow them down and send them off the street, its funny ;)

finally, ubisoft, change that BS please, not all of us wanna be "professionals" ...

ID4HO
12-13-2015, 07:47 PM
... So I did this mission to see if the A.I was a challenge to race against again... Here are my results anyway. I did this about 4 or 5 hours ago.

I crashed 20-30 times in this race. This was my FIRST race of the day as well, No retries.

Edit: Note I was in First 99% of the race. The A.I is Broken alright. (It is better than what it was a few weeks ago, in Ivory's Defense)

My Conclusion: You guys are either A. Over Reacting to the A.I being able to drive a car. B. Must be Half Asleep when you go into these Missions. C. Don't Realize this is END GAME CONTENT! End Game is not supposed to be easy. That's why the game chucks $176k at you for finishing.

oh, really, im not stupid enough to drive 4 hours for 176 k, ok, there should be a million, then i drive it, and, i dont care about POINTS, i wanna have fun and enjoy the game

right now its a bit overdeveloped and should be changed ! im customer/player, you know, not ubisofts or some developers idiot ...

Bo_Hazem
12-13-2015, 08:15 PM
I should do it if I get the time and share my thoughts, sounds like an interesting topic.

LamboFreeak13
12-15-2015, 02:09 AM
I saw this thread and then did Highway Child just to see how "buffed" the AI is. If anything it could use more buffing because I never saw the AI after the start line. I got a crash cam atleast 8 times and there were many more crashes which probably cost me atleast 2 mins considering its a high speed track but towards the end my split time was still almost 5 minutes.
http://imgur.com/cpS4Hzo
http://imgur.com/xZuy6dm
If people are still finding it difficult maybe adding 5 difficulty settings would help. Very easy to very hard and making the current setting medium.
As for the guy who said its tougher than PvP, that is simply not true.

Seralapph
12-15-2015, 02:34 AM
Im not sure if highway child is very different from the others as i still cant do it without my game crashing at some point... (yay bridges/tunnels not loading)
But in all faction missions i actually think the AI needs an update especially their instinct to dive into every car on the road.

99/100 if i get overtaken after a crash within 10 seconds they either crash or fly out of a corner

Ant_Ra
12-15-2015, 12:03 PM
OP thread is from 11.18.2015. That was the time of big, fat cheating NPC driver. With one of the updates/maintance times of late the tension was eased.
NPC driver are cheating like before ( but not any longer that aggressive style) if a player is leading. But if they are able to reach a better place then human players this cheating stuff is interrupted and they are crashing with all they can hit or simply slowing down.
No more 500 kmh/310 mph in straight lines or corners, no more wallriding with full speed, no more rushing through traffic as would the cars be ghosts, no more respawing in full speed right before the leading human driver..

Even "bad" cars can be taken again at mission tracks - some car scaling will approach. Soooo... :o

ChillyVanilly
12-16-2015, 11:36 AM

How did you manage to get 430k for that race? Thats 3x the normal payout..

Bo_Hazem
12-16-2015, 12:31 PM
How did you manage to get 430k for that race? Thats 3x the normal payout..

I think it's a visual glitch, I've seen that number before but didn't get that money.

If you want 2x the payout then choose a car that's fully upgraded, meaning it's lvl 1299 with all bonuses available at HQ so you only get bucks. When you finish this race it'll be something like 176,000 Bucks + Mission money = 352,000+ Bucks. I use a fully upgraded car when entering PvP in the summit to gain double money.

Bo_Hazem
12-16-2015, 03:43 PM
Hmm, seems I've never played this one before, it might've been the one in Florida.

Tried it today and it seems I got less money because of the HQ perks, after that I bought some CC and filled all the left perks except for one that gives you 2 perks per up level.

Had I think around 15 crashes and one of them the navigation got screwed. Pretty easy and the largest gap was 2:29.5 between me and the second place, changes during the race but mostly never crossed 30sec gap. Amazing mission I must say. Checked it again after the perks it showed 176k but was too late. 320k isn't bad though.

http://www.m5zn.com/newuploads/2015/12/16/jpg//a2748f987d899b1.jpg

http://www.m5zn.com/newuploads/2015/12/16/jpg//6e5a583bc7ce65c.jpg

ChillyVanilly
12-17-2015, 08:59 AM
I use a fully upgraded car when entering PvP in the summit to gain double money.

Ok, if it is Only a Display Bug, its fine.

But in summit pvp i dont get every Time a smart loot thingie. Its pretty rare for me to get the Double Money in summit pvp. Normal pvp on the Other Hand rewards me every Time a smart loot.

So i dont Know if summit pvp (Other events are fine) is a Good place to Farm Money

Bo_Hazem
12-17-2015, 12:14 PM
Ok, if it is Only a Display Bug, its fine.

But in summit pvp i dont get every Time a smart loot thingie. Its pretty rare for me to get the Double Money in summit pvp. Normal pvp on the Other Hand rewards me every Time a smart loot.

So i dont Know if summit pvp (Other events are fine) is a Good place to Farm Money

You're right. If you have the car and spec in that particular race/crown/etc then you get the smart loot. You just vote for the events that use your car/spec to guarantee that.

Example: I enter with Skyline (fully upgraded). Then there's an event that uses Evora Perf spec and I have that car and spec, then you get double money at the end of the race. Not sure if you spectate though as done it only twice.

ChillyVanilly
12-17-2015, 12:54 PM
You're right. If you have the car and spec in that particular race/crown/etc then you get the smart loot. You just vote for the events that use your car/spec to guarantee that.

Example: I enter with Skyline (fully upgraded). Then there's an event that uses Evora Perf spec and I have that car and spec, then you get double money at the end of the race. Not sure if you spectate though as done it only twice.

Ok lets see if i get this right.
I enter With a fully upgraded skyline and a perf race Starts. Since it is italian week and I dont have any italian perf car, i get nothing. But when the Circuit race Starts With the maserati, which i have, i ll get a loot pack.

Right?

Bo_Hazem
12-17-2015, 08:29 PM
Ok lets see if i get this right.
I enter With a fully upgraded skyline and a perf race Starts. Since it is italian week and I dont have any italian perf car, i get nothing. But when the Circuit race Starts With the maserati, which i have, i ll get a loot pack.

Right?

Yes! Of course the skyline there is a car you have that is fully upgraded of any kind with all the lvl 50 parts and perks, plus you've got all the free rims/paints/vinyls that smart loot could offer.

The AI has been really downgraded but I don't want that invincible AI to come back so no complains! Had more than 8 crash cams & off track, it's the 2nd try, but I think anyone could easily win this race:

http://www.m5zn.com/newuploads/2015/12/17/jpg//36a056554554579.jpg

http://www.m5zn.com/newuploads/2015/12/17/jpg//1d8ae8ea75ef338.jpg

http://www.m5zn.com/newuploads/2015/12/17/jpg//305ebea9efffb5d.jpg

http://www.m5zn.com/newuploads/2015/12/17/jpg//477f09c1aa40272.jpg

http://www.m5zn.com/newuploads/2015/12/17/jpg//505c2d4ea3b2304.jpg

+ The Smart Loot benefits:

http://www.m5zn.com/newuploads/2015/12/17/jpg//e9ad2213f79a7f3.jpg

http://www.m5zn.com/newuploads/2015/12/17/jpg//b0e3f85164460d7.jpg

352,000 Bucks in total.

raytrek79
04-25-2016, 06:01 PM
Yep, that race is tough but you only have to not come last, if you finish 3rd you get the rewards, easier said than done, traffic is hell.