PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming Content

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
11-18-2015, 10:48 AM
Hello Heroes,

The team is currently working on patch 1.5, which we hope to release soon.

We will bring you more detailed information about which fixes and improvements are included with the full patch notes shortly. This time again, we would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone for your valuable feedback and bug reports.

In addition to those elements, patch 1.5 will also feature additional content to expand your MMH7 experience with the introduction of:
2 new Maps
5 additional Neutral Creatures
12 additional Heroes (2 per factions)
Discover a first glimpse of them today before the availability of this new update!

Read more https://mmh7.ubi.com/en/blog/post/view/upcoming-content

Valderrama1990
11-18-2015, 02:48 PM
Any info about the multiplayer finally being playable ?

MrD69
11-18-2015, 09:00 PM
if you are not going to remove the ugly flags found above every object in the game; at least tell us which file to hack and we can fix it ourselves. It is useless and ugly.

R-Draco
11-19-2015, 02:53 AM
Thank you for the content UBI. Looking forward to the 1.5 patch notes.

PurpleEntity
11-19-2015, 08:08 AM
roughly when will there be the 1.5 update...1 day...1 week...1 month???

FalxDraco
11-19-2015, 03:10 PM
if you are not going to remove the ugly flags found above every object in the game; at least tell us which file to hack and we can fix it ourselves. It is useless and ugly.

Damn banners everywhere drive me crazy, because they make the map too cluttered and heavy on the eyes. Have you ever seen an object heavy area swarmed with banners? God damn it, that looks ugly!

The only elements in the game that should have the default neutral banner are towns, forts and garrisons. Neutral creatures should never display a banner. Mines, dwellings and other objects should only get a faction banner only when appropriated by a faction.

The displayed banners should be made smaller too. In fact, they should be as small as possible while still standing out in the environment.

At least add game options that would allow the tweaking of these settings.

@Ubi-MoshiMoshi

Is there an official procedure for suggesting improvements, tweaks and changes?

FalxDraco
11-19-2015, 03:22 PM
Hello Heroes,

The team is currently working on patch 1.5, which we hope to release soon.

We will bring you more detailed information about which fixes and improvements are included with the full patch notes shortly. This time again, we would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone for your valuable feedback and bug reports.

In addition to those elements, patch 1.5 will also feature additional content to expand your MMH7 experience with the introduction of:
2 new Maps
5 additional Neutral Creatures
12 additional Heroes (2 per factions)
Discover a first glimpse of them today before the availability of this new update!

Read more https://mmh7.ubi.com/en/blog/post/view/upcoming-content

Great news, but what about the Random Map Generator? The 2 reasons I bought Heroes of Might and Magic VII are a) the promise to go back to the classics and b) the promise of a RMG.

Is the RMG going to happen or should I return the game and go back to Heroes III Shadow of Death, the last proper heroes game in the past 15 years?

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
11-19-2015, 04:05 PM
Is there an official procedure for suggesting improvements, tweaks and changes?

[/SIZE]

Hi FalxDraco, posting them in this forum is fine, we do read several times daily.

Thanks for your feedback

R-Draco
11-19-2015, 04:30 PM
Is the RMG going to happen or should I return the game and go back to Heroes III Shadow of Death, the last proper heroes game in the past 15 years?

Hi FalxDraco

The RMG does exist, it's kind of clunky in that you need to build the random map in the map editor, but I can confirm it does work, (not sure how good it is since I only created a few maps but never played them)

There are some posts in the forums here on how to work with the map generator.

FalxDraco
11-19-2015, 06:05 PM
Hi FalxDraco

The RMG does exist, it's kind of clunky in that you need to build the random map in the map editor, but I can confirm it does work, (not sure how good it is since I only created a few maps but never played them)

There are some posts in the forums here on how to work with the map generator.

I found this YouTube video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=on7QEfsBR2c showcasing what's possible at the moment, but this is not what I had in mind when inquiring about the RMG.

We clients shouldn't be forced to start a fat 5 GB secondary application and go through N steps to be able to play a random map. What we need to be able to do, is create single player or multi player games with the option to tweak and generate a random map from within the game itself.

In the case of multiplayer games, the saved game data and the map file should be password protected with one password per player in the game, so that nobody can snoop. If one player chooses to abandon the game, his password should be removed, so that the remaining players can continue playing the game at later time.

This is what I mean by RMG.

Aethelfern
11-19-2015, 06:52 PM
RMG works fine for me. Already completed 2 hot-seat maps with friends this week.

FalxDraco
11-19-2015, 07:26 PM
RMG works fine for me. Already completed 2 hot-seat maps with friends this week.

A game launched more than 16 years ago (30 September 1999 - Heroes III Armageddonon's Blade) introduced the RMG in both the game itself and the extra Map/Campaign Editor application. Having the RMG incorporated in the HOMM7 game is quite trivial for developers.

With map generating options in the game itself, whatever works fine for you now will keep working fine (actually better because it would simplify the procedure) and also start working fine for people for whom it currently isn't.

westyofoz
11-21-2015, 03:06 PM

The RMG works fine, but if you want to work on campaigns and scenarios, there are serious problems with script tools and map editor crashes a lot while trying to modify things. When the map editor is finally working properly, I have no doubt people will see some awesome scenarios and campaigns put together. I am having fun with the bits that work, except for the regular crashing. I am sure people more creative them myself will create some great content 'when' it all works. Sadly, I will probably be frustrated enough to move on to another game by then. It would be nice if water maps were added to the RMG as well.

BlackCatNecros
11-24-2015, 03:49 PM
I think I am not one who would like to see Sandro in the 7th part.
Do you plan to do this character?

NANDUStheWise
11-24-2015, 05:36 PM
because of the massive bug in necromancer campain I can't play any longer (last mission; checking the 8 obelisks; last one fails to be checked)

WHEN will there be a hotfix? This situation is anoying

westyofoz
11-28-2015, 05:53 PM
I agree NANDUStheWIse, I have stopped playing as well. I won't play or buy any DLC or expansions until I see on here that the game, editor, and MP are working correctly. I love the game but the frustration is more than the fun at the moment.