PDA

View Full Version : Desmond died for nothing

Axelcaa
11-16-2015, 09:03 PM
Hey guys i don't know about all of you but one thing that got me mad is the way they ended the present story after all the excitement they gave. I don't know if they're taking their time to not end the story so fast or if they just don't know what else to write for the story. I haven't played unity or syndicate yet cause i don't have a console yet but i was looking for those hidden messages the previous games had and i found something that i don't even know if the one who made the game know this at all. I know AC won't accept any ideas at all but this is not a game idea is just some crazy stuff i found that might help. Is there anyway i can contact them directly to show them? If any of you reading this know please help me on that.!

dxsxhxcx
11-16-2015, 09:06 PM
Post it here and if they feel it's worth checking out they (probably) will..

I don't know if they're taking their time to not end the story so fast or if they just don't know what else to write for the story.

(IMO) a mix of both.

Hans684
11-16-2015, 09:27 PM
Saving the word isn't nothing, if he hadn't, then what Altaïr, Ezio and Connor did would be in vain.

phoenix-force411
11-16-2015, 09:30 PM
AC was never meant to go beyond ACIII nor have ACB and ACR. So, you can only blame the story writer who decided to introduce the December 23, 2012 plot. So, you'd have to blame someone from ACII.

cawatrooper9
11-17-2015, 03:25 PM
I don't see where your argument that "Desmond died for nothing" is, though...

Axelcaa
11-17-2015, 05:57 PM
I don't see where your argument that "Desmond died for nothing" is, though...

I just didn't knew what else to put at first but i can't change it

cawatrooper9
11-17-2015, 06:11 PM
I just didn't knew what else to put at first but i can't change it

You can edit your original post, if you want to add it. Just click on "Edit Post" on the bar near the bottom of your first post.

LFDN
11-20-2015, 02:21 AM
Saving the word isn't nothing, if he hadn't, then what Altaïr, Ezio and Connor did would be in vain.

Funny here I thought, Altaïr, Ezio and Connor goal of all their lives was to keep people like the Templar's, and Juno from opposing their own dang role over mankind.
What Desmond did was the complete opposite of what those three assassin fight against. Now there is a bigger threat to the human race of being slaves to a higher being all because Desmond didn't care to be taken as a god to the human.

jellejackhammer
11-20-2015, 12:08 PM
Funny here I thought, Altaïr, Ezio and Connor goal of all their lives was to keep people like the Templar's, and Juno from opposing their own dang role over mankind.
What Desmond did was the complete opposite of what those three assassin fight against. Now there is a bigger threat to the human race of being slaves to a higher being all because Desmond didn't care to be taken as a god to the human.
"All because hè didn't care to be taken as a god" are you serious? If hè chose Minerva's way the entire world among with it's innocent people would die exept for Those in the temple and a few exeptions. Hè chose juno's way because there was a chance that she would be stoped before **** go's to hell. There was a chance that everything could be fixed.minerva's way would garantee the death of almost every single person plus the cycle would just start all over again with the rise of a god(desmond) and the rise off the assassin's and templar war.nothing would be solved and everything would start all over again . So you can say that Minerva's plan would all be for Nothing.

johnnypolidano
11-20-2015, 06:16 PM
This is one of my first post in this forum, but this topic in particular drove me to comment.

I've played every AC game that was released for the PS3 or PS4 since AC1 was a new release with the PS3 years ago. The one thing that was guaranteed to keep me coming back for more when the next game was released was the cliff hanger that the writers "built into" the game with the present day story line. After Desmond dies I figured either there would be a way to bring him back or we would get a new present day protagonist. I was certain my assumptions were dead on when the side missions in AC-BF revealed that Abstergo had started doing testing with cloning and that they had acquired Desmond's corpse. I keep coming back to these games hoping for a more invested present day story line (yes a playable one). I really thought ACS was going to offer that again, and that turned out to be a huge let down.

Spoiler alert: The cloning topic does come up at the end of ACS, but I still don't really feel like there was a substantial cliff hanger in relation to what we've seen in past games. In my opinion, the quality of the present day story line has significantly dropped off since AC3 and I find that more heavily affecting my coinsideration for purchasing the next game way more than any graphics glitches, etc..

As much as I'm inclined to say that I'm totally done after ACS, that's probably not the case though (thats exactly what I said after ACU). I think at this point I'm addicted. :(

cawatrooper9
11-20-2015, 06:25 PM
This is one of my first post in this forum, but this topic in particular drove me to comment.

I've played every AC game that was released for the PS3 or PS4 since AC1 was a new release with the PS3 years ago. The one thing that was guaranteed to keep me coming back for more when the next game was released was the cliff hanger that the writers "built into" the game with the present day story line. After Desmond dies I figured either there would be a way to bring him back or we would get a new present day protagonist. I was certain my assumptions were dead on when the side missions in AC-BF revealed that Abstergo had started doing testing with cloning and that they had acquired Desmond's corpse. I keep coming back to these games hoping for a more invested present day story line (yes a playable one). I really thought ACS was going to offer that again, and that turned out to be a huge let down.

Spoiler alert: The cloning topic does come up at the end of ACS, but I still don't really feel like there was a substantial cliff hanger in relation to what we've seen in past games. In my opinion, the quality of the present day story line has significantly dropped off since AC3 and I find that more heavily affecting my coinsideration for purchasing the next game way more than any graphics glitches, etc..

As much as I'm inclined to say that I'm totally done after ACS, that's probably not the case though (thats exactly what I said after ACU). I think at this point I'm addicted. :(

Welcome!

Yeah, I remember the developers referring to Black Flag (and I assume Rogue) as "transitional" in regards to the MD storyline- something between the Desmond saga and what was coming next. I can only hope that the MD in Unity and Syndicate is also "transitional". It certainly feels like it is.