PDA

View Full Version : So. the General of the Cross...

jellejackhammer
11-16-2015, 04:56 PM
guys am i the only one who's speculating who the general of the cross could be?(you know the true master of the MD templars)

i always thought that alan could be him afterall,but i realized it would interfere with the general's anonymity.

the fact that the inner sanctum doesn't even know who it is,is what really catches my attention.

with all the sage stuff and knowing ubisoft ways, it wouldn't suprise me if it was someone related to the first civ...

or a instrument of the first will?

maybe we have seen him/her already without knowing his/her role?

what do you think people?

VestigialLlama4
11-16-2015, 04:58 PM
It's William Miles...

cawatrooper9
11-16-2015, 05:01 PM
It's William Miles...

Wait, how do we know that?

jellejackhammer
11-16-2015, 05:03 PM
now that would be a ubisoft style twist ;)

Hans684
11-16-2015, 05:03 PM
That rank is two above Grand Master and we don't know the name of any Grand Masters in MD, we know there exist 6. If that is all of them is another case, it will take decades to get to the General of the Cross. Plus we have nothing to speculate with.

jellejackhammer
11-16-2015, 05:36 PM
That rank is two above Grand Master and we don't know the name of any Grand Masters in MD, we know there exist 6. If that is all of them is another case, it will take decades to get to the General of the Cross. Plus we have nothing to speculate with.
Yeah i understand it's way to early for that but that rank alone in the concept of the MD is something that has to involve a twist knowing Ubisoft. Now that violet is revealed to be a instrument of the first Will that fast after introducing her in rogue,i feel that we might get more templar member insight rather sooner in the games you know

AdrianJacek
11-16-2015, 05:52 PM
Remember that Top Secret message from the Truth files from Brotherhood?
https://youtu.be/z6-QFWok9Oc?t=36m20s
You think that was a Grand Master or the General of the Cross? It seems to me it was a message for the Grand Master that was chosen to be the new General.

jellejackhammer
11-16-2015, 06:12 PM
Remember that Top Secret message from the Truth files from Brotherhood?
https://youtu.be/z6-QFWok9Oc?t=36m20s
You think that was a Grand Master or the General of the Cross? It seems to me it was a message for the Grand Master that was chosen to be the new General.
The messager was the former general possibly informing the current general about his duty for the order. (I think) It's very intresting that they already crafted that possible character in such a manner. Wonder if ubi has already crafted the ending of the entire MD aswell?

VestigialLlama4
11-16-2015, 07:09 PM
Wait, how do we know that?

I am guessing. Logically, if you are going to make a mystery out of General of the Cross and he's a character we may have met before and he's not anyone from Abstergo then for maximum shock value it has to be someone unexpected yet familiar...William Miles fits perfectly. It's either William Miles or he's a new guy.

Of course, I'd take a third option...I'd make the General of the Cross is actually some historical figure who faked his death and is still alive...like say Adolf Hitler, they really did save his brain, or Richard Nixon, maybe Lee Harvey Oswald and the final boss is a Sniper Boss Battle as Oswald tries to prove that he really did kill Kennedy.

But William Miles always struck me as being potentially a Deep Cover Templar. Isn't it suspicious that two Templars (Lucy and Daniel Cross) entered the Assassins under his watch? There's also Lucy being turned into a Templar on his watch (a hasty Retcon but part of lore now). He's also got a manipulative streak to him, he's very cold and aloof so you can't accuse him of naivete either. And there's also the fact that the purge of the Assassins benefited him, now he's the big guy in charge of the Assassins. Also isn't it suspicious that William Miles was captured by Abstergo and treated very well. You can say that William Miles and Alan Rikkin are running this elaborate two-man con game on both Abstergo and the Assassins, creating a sense that these two are opponents when actually they are part of the same coin.

It's also a cliche you know...you see this in Snowpiercer, you see this in Matrix as well, also Harry Potter the supposedly wise Mentor figure was actually lying and manipulating the hero and the hero's triumph and resistance was another measure of control.

jellejackhammer
11-16-2015, 07:34 PM
I am guessing. Logically, if you are going to make a mystery out of General of the Cross and he's a character we may have met before and he's not anyone from Abstergo then for maximum shock value it has to be someone unexpected yet familiar...William Miles fits perfectly. It's either William Miles or he's a new guy.

Of course, I'd take a third option...I'd make the General of the Cross is actually some historical figure who faked his death and is still alive...like say Adolf Hitler, they really did save his brain, or Richard Nixon, maybe Lee Harvey Oswald and the final boss is a Sniper Boss Battle as Oswald tries to prove that he really did kill Kennedy.

But William Miles always struck me as being potentially a Deep Cover Templar. Isn't it suspicious that two Templars (Lucy and Daniel Cross) entered the Assassins under his watch? There's also Lucy being turned into a Templar on his watch (a hasty Retcon but part of lore now). He's also got a manipulative streak to him, he's very cold and aloof so you can't accuse him of naivete either. And there's also the fact that the purge of the Assassins benefited him, now he's the big guy in charge of the Assassins. Also isn't it suspicious that William Miles was captured by Abstergo and treated very well. You can say that William Miles and Alan Rikkin are running this elaborate two-man con game on both Abstergo and the Assassins, creating a sense that these two are opponents when actually they are part of the same coin.

It's also a cliche you know...you see this in Snowpiercer, you see this in Matrix as well, also Harry Potter the supposedly wise Mentor figure was actually lying and manipulating the hero and the hero's triumph and resistance was another measure of control.

plus that he inducted bishop very sudden aswell,why induct someone without giving your team an explanation on who she is and where she came from?
why trust a person that doesn't want to tell anything about his/herself?
very shady indeed

Hans684
11-16-2015, 07:52 PM
Yeah i understand it's way to early for that but that rank alone in the concept of the MD is something that has to involve a twist knowing Ubisoft.

And like VL4 said, it needs a shock value. William don't exactly have a clean slate so he's an obvious pic, from our view but this GotC has someone working between him and the Grand Masters and Rikkin. GotC has Guardians, messangers to give his orders, wether he approve their plans or not. Seeing as GotC is a ghost so far it fits better to give the position to someone too clean and too powerful considering that person has no trace other Guardians and control the Grand Masters and Abstergo along with every division. That person is everywhere and nowhere, William isn't.

Now that violet is revealed to be a instrument of the first Will that fast after introducing her in rogue,i feel that we might get more templar member insight rather sooner in the games you know

Before we reach the GotC we have to stop the Phoenix Project and Juno. Then there is building power and foothold for themselves along with making Sigma Team a smaller treat, including Otso who's been hunting and killing Assassins himself. However those are the lower parts of this system, they can be replaced. Then there is the Inner Sactum with England mostly calling the shots, taker her out and the control of the second layer of this system is crippled seeing as a leader would be gone. Then there is the bigger fishes like Alan and the current 6 Grand Masters, simply killing them off won't lead them directly to the GotC, what's needed is to capture a Guardian visiting 1 of those 7 people and get the needed intel any way they see fit. Once the GotC is revealed or something to lead us to him. Then Alan and the GM's can go as the connection to the General of the Cross is made. The GotC would be on the map, ready to get assassinated but considering the high position that person gave it will require more than a blade. It's a complex system. Better than anything done by any previous Grand Master before present day.

ACZanius
11-16-2015, 08:08 PM
Is it possible that the "General Of The Cross" is not human? Maybe some first civilization entity? I just really want to go after these people in gameplay type of way, 3rd person action modern day but nvm last one 2 other threads currently running about that.

jellejackhammer
11-16-2015, 08:25 PM
Is it possible that the "General Of The Cross" is not human? Maybe some first civilization entity? I just really want to go after these people in gameplay type of way, 3rd person action modern day but nvm last one 2 other threads currently running about that. it has to be someone very complicated.the fact that not a single templar of the inner sanctum knows him/her.
the guardian's sole purpose is to deliver messages and show plans to the general,never stated that it was a face to face meetup.
the network of members and subclasses are so mindbending to go trough that it seems a very vast and long term phase to create the order as we know today.
why such a renovation of the order to that extend?it seems to make the order stronger then ever yes,but it also must be a way to secure the secrecy of the general.
looking at all the ranks created in the modern tim and it almost seems they went to a complete overhaul for a deeper purpose.
a purpose only 3 people know about.
i didn't create this threas to speculate when we will see who it is but more as to give other fans a deeper outlook on this possibilty that the order might not be what we think it is.

ACZanius
11-16-2015, 08:30 PM
it has to be someone very complicated.the fact that not a single templar of the inner sanctum knows him/her.
the guardian's sole purpose is to deliver messages and show plans to the general,never stated that it was a face to face meetup.
the network of members and subclasses are so mindbending to go trough that it seems a very vast and long term phase to create the order as we know today.
why such a renovation of the order to that extend?it seems to make the order stronger then ever yes,but it also must be a way to secure the secrecy of the general.
looking at all the ranks created in the modern tim and it almost seems they went to a complete overhaul for a deeper purpose.
a purpose only 3 people know about.
i didn't create this threas to speculate when we will see who it is but more as to give other fans a deeper outlook on this possibilty that the order might not be what we think it is.

I guess in time we will know, damn i'm so stoked for modern day and whole AC after Syndicate, really set wheels rolling again, there is definitely something more deeper and sinister in play here with what is going on with MD Templars and Juno's upcoming take over or whatever it happens.

Hans684
11-16-2015, 08:32 PM
Is it possible that the "General Of The Cross" is not human?

Depends, has there always been a GotC? For that to work it must be someone from the First Civ who support their ideology.

Maybe some first civilization entity?

The Father Of Understanding?

I just really want to go after these people in gameplay type of way, 3rd person action modern day but nvm last one 2 other threads currently running about that.

I'd rather play on both sides in both history and present day.

jellejackhammer
11-16-2015, 08:40 PM
[QUOTE=Hans684;11146387]Depends, has there always been a GotC? For that to work it must be someone from the First Civ who support their ideology.
no that rank was created when they invented abstergo industries around the 1930's i believe.

Hans684
11-16-2015, 08:44 PM
no that rank was created when they invented abstergo industries around the 1930's i believe.

So either an old man or they change General's from time to time but considering nobody except the Guardians can contact the GotC, then I'm guessing each GotC chooses their own successor. Only way the others can't know.

DipperPinse
07-30-2017, 10:16 PM
As far as i understood at somepoint when teh templers got smarter, ther Split the Grandmaster inter the Elders, the iner senctrum and teh General of the cross( i hope i havnt forgotten any) so that its easyer and faste rto rebuild ! BUT i belive if teh assasions woudl assasinat the general , the templars would fall wich is why tehr kep him a secret

Syndicate122
07-31-2017, 02:17 PM
guys am i the only one who's speculating who the general of the cross could be?(you know the true master of the MD templars)

i always thought that alan could be him afterall,but i realized it would interfere with the general's anonymity.

the fact that the inner sanctum doesn't even know who it is,is what really catches my attention.

with all the sage stuff and knowing ubisoft ways, it wouldn't suprise me if it was someone related to the first civ...

or a instrument of the first will?

maybe we have seen him/her already without knowing his/her role?

what do you think people?

Well at least we know Berg is the Black Cross.

Sorrosyss
07-31-2017, 09:54 PM
It's William Miles...

There's actually a pretty convincing theory on this. The comics have started to touch on it too now.

Syndicate122
08-01-2017, 07:31 AM
There's actually a pretty convincing theory on this. The comics have started to touch on it too now.

Yeah I mean how and why is Abstergo giving William money?I havent read issue 6 so I dont know if they have furthered this fact in it.

darthmarticus
08-30-2017, 10:03 AM
I can get onboard with the William theory. I do also like this idea of a non-human entity who is literally the Father of Understanding, some bing who has been there since the beginning.