PDA

View Full Version : Why are Investor goods not worth producing yourself?

Umhal
11-11-2015, 06:50 PM
It's odd that the upkeep on the moon is so high that it's actually more profitable to just hike up a world trade for Investor goods instead of paying insane upkeep for several buildings, not to mention the cost in power and space to actually produce the goods yourself.

I wished the balance was in favour of local production for the moon-related products, like BioEnhancers. It shouldn't pay less to pay for local production over buying it on the world market.

fosforic123
11-12-2015, 08:56 AM
It's odd that the upkeep on the moon is so high that it's actually more profitable to just hike up a world trade for Investor goods instead of paying insane upkeep for several buildings, not to mention the cost in power and space to actually produce the goods yourself.

I wished the balance was in favour of local production for the moon-related products, like BioEnhancers. It shouldn't pay less to pay for local production over buying it on the world market.

I don't know how far you've played, but further products like the anti-gravity stuff (purple product) or w/e its called, definitely rakes in a lot more money than the cost placing it.
And it is just the initial placing cost that is expensive. Extra modules for it when you should need more, are quite ok, and your source material you get plenty off when just placing one mining unit for the rare earth material. You'll get over it once you do that anti-gravity thing xD. Once you unlock the fusion reactor, life gets pretty chill too.

Apoll1976
11-12-2015, 10:56 PM
I don't know how far you've played, but further products like the anti-gravity stuff (purple product) or w/e its called, definitely rakes in a lot more money than the cost placing it.
And it is just the initial placing cost that is expensive. Extra modules for it when you should need more, are quite ok, and your source material you get plenty off when just placing one mining unit for the rare earth material. You'll get over it once you do that anti-gravity thing xD. Once you unlock the fusion reactor, life gets pretty chill too.

Tbh given the money cap, the initial expenditure for buildings is menial. The running costs are those that can define if an industry worth or not.

Umhal
11-13-2015, 06:35 PM
Exactly, and while most goods give you more in revenue than they cost, it's actually less than what you get if you simply buy the stuff from the world market.

Revenue - World market cost > Revenue - production costs ... this should be the other way around, you should be able to make the most profit by producing it yourself, not simply buying it.

Mr_Muscle
11-13-2015, 09:26 PM
I bet Chinese own the World market in 2205 ;p Dumping prices FTW

Crypto.GeniX
11-15-2015, 10:17 AM
It resembles our actually economy, but indeed needs to balanced.