PDA

View Full Version : Oleg - sensitivity adjustments for multiple joysticks?

clint-ruin
03-07-2004, 03:22 AM
Hi Oleg,

I was wondering if it would be possible to change the FB HOTAS control section around a little.

At the moment it appears that the Sensitity and Deadband and Filter adjustments can only "see" the Axis on whatever joystick FB has decided is "device 0".

If I have a 2nd controller attached to the machine, FB does not see its axis in the HOTAS panel. The HOTAS control panel refers to adjusting "pitch" "roll" "yaw" settings - but if these axis are not bound to the first game controller FB 'sees', there is no way to adjust these settings.

It also seems as if FB ignores the Windows Game Devices Control Panel "Controller ID" settings. Setting different Controller ID settings inside Windows does not change the Controller ID that FB uses for different controllers. FB has, from time to time, randomly decided that Device 0 in Windows is actually Device 5, Device 2, and Device 0 [no "ID x" pre-fix on controls].

Could you please clarify what method FB uses to determine which controller gets which Device ID? Also, is there any chance of being able to manually set sensitivity settings per stick and per-axis rather than via the "pitch/roll/yaw" settings we have now?

http://home.iprimus.com.au/djgwen/fb/leninkoba.jpg

clint-ruin
03-07-2004, 03:22 AM
Hi Oleg,

I was wondering if it would be possible to change the FB HOTAS control section around a little.

At the moment it appears that the Sensitity and Deadband and Filter adjustments can only "see" the Axis on whatever joystick FB has decided is "device 0".

If I have a 2nd controller attached to the machine, FB does not see its axis in the HOTAS panel. The HOTAS control panel refers to adjusting "pitch" "roll" "yaw" settings - but if these axis are not bound to the first game controller FB 'sees', there is no way to adjust these settings.

It also seems as if FB ignores the Windows Game Devices Control Panel "Controller ID" settings. Setting different Controller ID settings inside Windows does not change the Controller ID that FB uses for different controllers. FB has, from time to time, randomly decided that Device 0 in Windows is actually Device 5, Device 2, and Device 0 [no "ID x" pre-fix on controls].

Could you please clarify what method FB uses to determine which controller gets which Device ID? Also, is there any chance of being able to manually set sensitivity settings per stick and per-axis rather than via the "pitch/roll/yaw" settings we have now?

Mave_FI
03-07-2004, 04:05 AM
It is there already, but you must do it manually by editing conf.ini

You must figure out yourself which value changes what...

Mave / Lufthunden
www.lufthunden.com (http://www.lufthunden.com)

Ketalar
03-20-2004, 10:13 AM
I'm having problems with this too since installing ACE. FB chooses to see my pedals as primary controller, which makes it quite hard to fly...

Can anyone walk me through how to change this? I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the controllers, and changing their Win game controller numbers didn't help...

clint-ruin
03-20-2004, 10:20 AM
Tully provided info on a workaround for this in GD a while ago:

Open the file conf.ini with Notepad or similar in your FB installation directory.

Scroll down to the [rts_joystick] section.

You will see a list of axis and sensitivities.

The first and last numbers are deadzone and filtering settings.

Apparently the first set of axis (X Y Z RZ) are superceded redundant entries from the original IL2.

FF= controls whether force feedback is activated.

Works in a reasonably straightforward way, X1 = first X axis on first device 'seen' by FB, and so on. You may have to use a little trial and error to find precisely what it's calling each seperate axis.

It would be real nice if we could just get "Roll" "Pitch" "Yaw" linked to what the HOTAS menu is set to use for those, rather than just having them as the 'first' few axis FB sees.

flakbait31
03-20-2004, 10:25 AM
I had the same problems with my CH setup. I had to use the CH manager to fix it. It allows you to map all 3 controls as one. V 2.2 is the best (but not newest), IL2 sees all 3 axis with that version.