PDA

View Full Version : Parked Aircraft Exploding Bug

XyZspineZyX
11-02-2003, 06:38 PM
Sorry if this has been posted before, But i just completed an air transfer mission & i noticed planes that parked on one side if the airfield just disappeared after the engine shut down (normal), But planes that parked on the other side of the airfield exploded after engine shut down, When i quit the mission i was told i lost 4 planes (2 fighters & 2 transports), will this be corrected?

"An attack against a unit of Flying Fortresses was something like controlled suicide...Sometimes 50, Sometimes 80 machine guns were firing at you... You attempted to close your eyes & continue to fire, Frightened to death, Frightened to death."

Oberst Johannes Steinhoff (176 kills)

XyZspineZyX
11-02-2003, 06:38 PM
Sorry if this has been posted before, But i just completed an air transfer mission & i noticed planes that parked on one side if the airfield just disappeared after the engine shut down (normal), But planes that parked on the other side of the airfield exploded after engine shut down, When i quit the mission i was told i lost 4 planes (2 fighters & 2 transports), will this be corrected?

"An attack against a unit of Flying Fortresses was something like controlled suicide...Sometimes 50, Sometimes 80 machine guns were firing at you... You attempted to close your eyes & continue to fire, Frightened to death, Frightened to death."

Oberst Johannes Steinhoff (176 kills)

XyZspineZyX
11-02-2003, 11:38 PM
The disappearing planes were set for avoiding collisions while parking (major immersion killer both the illness, and the cure in my opinion), but still explosions occour as you describe: it happens to me as well (He 111 only at the moment).

A.

XyZspineZyX
11-03-2003, 12:33 PM
I think it happens to aircraft that are a certain distance away from the center of the home field.