PDA

View Full Version : Evie

PeacekeeperSun
11-07-2015, 08:01 PM
This is a statement and question.
Why is this game centered around Jacob when Evie is clearly the assassin and Jacob is nothing more then a thug.
For me Jacob is up there with the one from Blackflag, The freed slave, the one that had black mom and white dad and lastly Conner.
Not one of those I liked as assassins. Never played China side scroller blah. Why can't we start back on path of the Eden pieces and forget all this other stuff that has nothing to do with being an assassin. One last thing the games are getting shorter and shorter .

Pandassin
11-07-2015, 08:30 PM
I thought the missions were evenly split, especially side missions since you can play as who you want.

Consus_E
11-07-2015, 08:43 PM
Because women are too expensive to animate. The 18-35 year old Caucasian heterosexual male audience that buys Ubisofts games fear the idea of women in a staring role. For you see if you give the women anything besides the role of sex object or tragic love interest who dies, they will rise up and destroy the glorious masculine empire. There will be a mass upheaval, soon COD will be a cooking sim in which you prepare dinner for your wife while SHE plays an FPS game *gasp! Yes it they will takeover, the once nobly masculine protagonists will retroactively be made female.

The women with their all powerful uterus's will enslave the masculine race, and we men will go into a dark age of making sandwiches, and being sexually harassed at work (while making less money of course). Fear the almighty uterus!

Actually in truth it's because Ubisoft thought a character like Jacob would be more popular, because of course he's brash, charismatic, and a rebel, everything that "appeals" based on the info from the marketing department. "People liked Ezio and Edward" says Ubisoft marketing executive 1. "Let's make ever protagonist like them then" says Ubisoft marketing executive 2. Evie was only added later to appeal to "whinny feminists" who were smart enough to see through their clever explanation of why their was no female option in Unity. The now famous "Women are hard to animate, we don't have enough money" -Sleezy Ubi exec.

TL-DR?
Triple A devs are reluctant to fund anything that won't sell, which they think anything with a female character in a solo staring role won't. And Evie was added after they made themselves look stupid with "clever marketing lingo" last year.

VestigialLlama4
11-07-2015, 08:49 PM
For me Jacob is up there with the one from...

For me you are up there with the tiny granules of a properly washed cuspidor.

RaggedTyper
11-07-2015, 09:29 PM
For me you are up there with the tiny granules of a properly washed cuspidor.

Has your account been hacked?

Xstantin
11-07-2015, 09:30 PM
Why can't we start back on path of the Eden pieces and forget all this other stuff that has nothing to do with being an assassin

cause conner

RzaRecta357
11-08-2015, 01:19 AM
People like to type without thinking it seems.

Do you think if Evie wasn't in this game he would be the same character? Give me a break people. Jacob would of had to find a piece of eden too and mature along the way. He would of became MORE like Evie.

Then they did the survey and decided to split the character into twins... Giving the chaos causing athletic killer whom cares not to much for the cult he was born into one half and the stoic eden hunting assassin the other.

Worked absolutely great imo.

I-Like-Pie45
11-08-2015, 01:36 AM
Don't diss the thug life, yo

Namikaze_17
11-08-2015, 02:41 AM
I've become convinced that some people need to stay away from technological devices.

tjbyrum1
11-08-2015, 04:23 AM
I think Evie is a fantastic character. I only used Jacob when I was forced too. Evie is doing all the side quests in my game, taking over all the boroughs, and so on and so forth.

For some reason, I like female characters more than male characters. So it's always kind of ticked me off that Ubisoft doesn't throw a full-fledged female protagonist at us. You got Shao Jun, Aveline, and Evie, but they're not in the 'mainstream', if that makes sense. Evie was not as widely marketed as Jacob was, but she certainly had a very large role in the game.

I just feel like Ubisoft isn't confident in a female character yet. I think it would work, and I think Ubi has slowly been experimenting with a full-fledged 100% female assassin protagonist.

Maybe we'll get a prequel, about Claudia Auditore slaughtering a bunch of folks in Italy.

Assassin_M
11-08-2015, 04:26 AM
I was gonna reply but I lost my brain as I was reading